facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 18, 2009, 06:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

ektu niche dekhlei khuje paiten.. ache kina nai..

Old August 18, 2009, 06:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

No.....He is an option but not on regular basis
Old August 18, 2009, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

if Junaid is out of form then he should open.
Old August 18, 2009, 06:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
ektu niche dekhlei khuje paiten.. ache kina nai..
ok,
there are so many similar looking official thread opening now a days.
Old August 18, 2009, 06:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

But mushfiq's slow batting is not useful in lower order anyway, so may be we can give him a try.

i agree with simon. then in lower order we will have explosive junaed.

according to particular match situations, i want him to open. otherwise 1 or 2 down is good place for him.
but i dont want to see him anywhere near 20/20 team (also rokibul, shahadat and mehrab jr shouldnt be in 20/20)
Old August 18, 2009, 07:15 PM
Cricket Sage

I am happy that Siddon is making it sure that 30 something score should not secure a position. If Junaid gets the message, great, if not, Siddon will continue to search for one. By the mean time these 30 something will only ensure that Juniad is still in the equation and will get some more chance to proved his worth.

I hope Siddon also make the same standard for our #3 and #4.

One Century followed by 4 low scores.... should not someone feel comfortable that he locked his position. The same is true for #4. Until #4 can score more often 60s and 70s runs, he should also shoudln't feel comfortable about his slot.
Old August 18, 2009, 07:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

hmm... One outlier is not enough evidence to conclude that he is our ideal Opener keeper batsmen.

However:

this is a promising sign and in the not too distant future, why not?
Old August 18, 2009, 07:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I am happy that Siddon is making it sure that 30 something score should not secure a position. If Junaid gets the message, great, if not, Siddon will continue to search for one. By the mean time these 30 something will only ensure that Juniad is still in the equation and will get some more chance to proved his worth.

One Century followed by 4 low scores.... should not someone feel comfortable that he locked his position. The same is true for #4. Until #4 can score more often 60s and 70s runs, he should also shoudln't feel comfortable about his slot.
Great post. Completely agree. For more see my thread System Analyis: Debugging Issues where I discussed his place as a potential threat like a malignant tumor.
Old August 19, 2009, 04:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

again the overexcited BCers...he has scored well in one no -pressure match as an opener; in the many other matches we tried him as an opener he has faled hopelessly; he has to prove himself many more times before we give him an opening slot;
Old August 19, 2009, 04:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
again the overexcited BCers...he has scored well in one no -pressure match as an opener; in the many other matches we tried him as an opener he has faled hopelessly; he has to prove himself many more times before we give him an opening slot;
That's why I am talking about experimentation.
Giving him a try in the next series vs Zim who are not a strong opposition.
Most probably he will score some good runs with TI vs Zim & get some confidence to do it vs big teams.
I think he is a talent & we need to use him properly.
But offcourse if he fails than he will be back to his respective position.
Old August 19, 2009, 05:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
No.....He is an option but not on regular basis
100% Agreed.
Old August 19, 2009, 07:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I think big Z is having start and he just need the time to make it big. It happens sometimes. Mushy can be a option but not regular option.
Old August 19, 2009, 07:33 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

No, only unless we need to bat slow, he can play as the anchor, like he did on the WC match we beat India. Normally in ODI, you need openers who can take advantage of the Poweplays. We need another Tamim.
Old August 19, 2009, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Don't fix what aint broke. TIK-ZS pair are good enough for now. But Mushi does need to bat hogher, specially in tests.
Old August 19, 2009, 07:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

He is a better batsman in the middle overs.
Old August 19, 2009, 07:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Ok,according to TI comments yesterday he sounds like he is comfortable with Jund.
In that case atleast let Mushfq play at n°3, Ash sucks in that position.
Old August 19, 2009, 09:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
No, only unless we need to bat slow, he can play as the anchor, like he did on the WC match we beat India. Normally in ODI, you need openers who can take advantage of the Poweplays. We need another Tamim.
Why not Ash for opening ? Give him a free hand and i am sure he can make use of the powerplays than most other batsmen. Eitherways BD has better consolidators now and a opener can be replaced with another solid middle order.

I am serious, instead of getting him in with a bit of pressure with a wicket or two down, send him opening and give him a free hand. This has worked past in lot of other teams SL with Jaya, India with Sachin just to quote a couple.

cheers !
Padosan
Old August 19, 2009, 09:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padosan
Why not Ash for opening ? Give him a free hand and i am sure he can make use of the powerplays than most other batsmen. Eitherways BD has better consolidators now and a opener can be replaced with another solid middle order.

I am serious, instead of getting him in with a bit of pressure with a wicket or two down, send him opening and give him a free hand. This has worked past in lot of other teams SL with Jaya, India with Sachin just to quote a couple.

cheers !
Padosan
Already tried that and failed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi
Quote:

Great post. Completely agree. For more see my thread System Analyis: Debugging Issues where I discussed his place as a potential threat like a malignant tumor.
Advertising again?

Fat chance. This wasn't any experiment by the coach. it was out of necessity. Big Z was injured (shoulder). Things will go on as it is.
Old August 19, 2009, 10:53 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padosan

cheers !
Padosan
Actually Ash was a Opener in age teams. And he was tried as opener, but sucked even more than he does middle order.

Ash seems to excel at 6.
Old August 19, 2009, 11:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i think we now have versatilty in batting positions.

still feel we are not exploiting the michael bevan talents of naeem islam. in recent years in domestic cricket and for a team he has been our michael bevan in finishing innings. i think batting in 4-5-6 with min 20 overs remaining is his best position.

we need to sort it out. so far he has been played or has been forced to be played at unusual roles for him
Old August 19, 2009, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:

Agree with your philosophy but not with the samples we are talking about. The samples here are Mushy and Junaid where the former replaced the latter in the 5th one day.

Someone already mentioned it was done because JS was injured which is relieving news to me; otherwise, there’s no way in hell I would consider sending Mushy opening when Junaid was looking good in the previous matches and giving us good starts. Yes, I myself don’t think JS got the best foot work but Mushy’s lacking in having enough time facing quality fast bowling far out weighs JS’s lack of foot work.

Mushy seriously lacks the reaction time needed to be a good player against shiny new cherry thrown at him by a quality fast bowler on a pacey and bouncy wickets….there are numerous examples of that. He seems very much in trouble and doesn’t seem to know where his offstump is and gets bowled. Where as JS gets out playing a rash shot trying to give us good start. I think JS is going through the Tamim syndrome at the beginning of his (Tamim's) career for now and looking at his playing style I feel hopeful that with minor adjustments he could turn out to be a good opener like Tamim. His tall stature also makes him a good opening batsman to play on a fast bouncy wicket where as Mushy, who is almost a foot shorter than JS, would be found wanting against rising deliveries.

So no…no….no, Mushy is great where he usually plays……don’t make him open and kill his confidence.

Old August 19, 2009, 11:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

No, he shoudn't open on a consistent basis. But, its great to know that we have versatile players now, who can flip positions on demand.
Old August 19, 2009, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Default hmm

I am very happy to see that mushy has been improving his batting throughout the tour. Before I always use to see that he came to support the team batting not take charge. Last odi he took charge and won it for us. His keeping is improving (lets not forget the excelent catch of conventry in the last match, it was as good of a catch as anyother worldclass wicket keeper). He also has been scoring 30+ in almost all the matches except 1 if i remember properly. Well done mushy ... Opening well we got to try him out with a stronger team. If not opening maybe he can take ashrafuls place and ash takes mushy's place in batting order since he likes to slog and mushy likes to block.
Old August 19, 2009, 01:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Whoever opened this thread has no knowledge about basic cricket. Opening is the toughest position to bat and Imran Khan too many times criticised the idea of make-shift opener. Besides, Mushfiq couldn't prove yet as a top order batsman let alone opener. Remember, he gets bowled awkwardly and Aminul Islam Bulbul also questioned is technique against fast bowling. One two flash and lower order batting doesn't make him a great batsman. You shouldn't try to break a settled openning and this will be suicidal in the long run.
Old August 19, 2009, 01:33 PM
Test Cricketer

everbody knows mushy very weak against quality fast bowling....
akdin bhalo khellei opener?
junaid is doing great job.....