facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 20, 2014, 07:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Default Shakib appeals to BCB to reconsider suspension

Shakib Al Hasan has made a public apology and appealed to the Bangladesh Cricket Board to reconsider a six-month suspension that was handed to him earlier this month. The allrounder met with BCB's acting CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury in Mirpur on Sunday and submitted a plea to the board.

"I am expressing my sincerest apologies if my behaviour has embarrassed the BCB, the Bangladesh cricket team and our fans," Shakib read from a prepared statement. "I accept that as a professional and contracted cricketer, I haven't behaved in a disciplined and restrained manner in several cases. In the future, I am determined to behave with more restraint.

"I respect the board's decision, but there is nothing more painful than staying away from cricket. It is my life and I have worn Bangladesh's colours and BCB's logo since the Under-15 days. It is my pride. The Bangladesh team is above everything. I give my all when I play for them, and I would do so in the future. I have grown up with Bangladesh cricket, and I have an emotional connection with it. From that position, I am requesting the BCB to reconsider my suspension."

Nizamuddin confirmed he had received the appeal and said he would forward it to the BCB directors. The directors can either meet to further consider Shakib's plea, or the BCB president Nazmul Hassan can take a decision and have it ratified by the board in the next meeting.

"Shakib has submitted a prayer to reconsider the July 7 sanction made by the board of directors. Since this is a board decision, they will decide on it," he said.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/762279.html
Old July 20, 2014, 09:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

The suspension should be thrown out. We need him and now it appears the charges against him are bogus.
Old July 20, 2014, 09:32 AM
Test Cricketer

This whole thing is so scripted, it's like the Bollywood movie.
Old July 20, 2014, 11:17 AM
Club Cricketer

Sakib was told that he will get his NOC and based on that he headed for the CPL games. Sakib's main problem, I guess, was he beat up a spectator who I happens to be the son of a powerful board member.
Old July 20, 2014, 11:41 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Now let's get him back and put this behind us without anymore drama
Old July 20, 2014, 11:49 AM
Test Cricketer

This so ridiculous that it's not funny any more. Where is Shakib's swagger now? If the BCB was wrong to punish him, why doesn't he protest it publicly? Why bother apologizing?

Not justifying the heavy-handedness of the BCB here, but I do believe that Shakib is a twit and kinda needed to be put in his place.
Old July 20, 2014, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

khela besh jome utheche and no boody is doomed yet ...
Old July 20, 2014, 12:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
This so ridiculous that it's not funny any more. Where is Shakib's swagger now? If the BCB was wrong to punish him, why doesn't he protest it publicly? Why bother apologizing?

Not justifying the heavy-handedness of the BCB here, but I do believe that Shakib is a twit and kinda needed to be put in his place.
He has to look out for #1. Also his return benefits the team. A patriot could put his ego aside. In fact, thats what we want. Professional sports has a place for ego, but not in the right place. Guys like Keyshawn Johnson and TO were excellent talents, but issues with their respective teams inhibited their full potential. Also, if as it seems now, Shakib is a victim of politics and some personal vendetta, he's powerless and should just go along with it.

He needs to be smarter in the future when dealing with such things as crotch grabbing and altercations with sexual harassers since he's apparently in the BCB's crosshairs. PCB has similarly dysfunctional issues eventually turning against Shoaib Akhtar and keeping Umar Akmal out of their team for several years.
Old July 20, 2014, 12:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
He has to look out for #1. Also his return benefits the team. A patriot could put his ego aside. In fact, thats what we want. Professional sports has a place for ego, but not in the right place. Guys like Keyshawn Johnson and TO were excellent talents, but issues with their respective teams inhibited their full potential. Also, if as it seems now, Shakib is a victim of politics and some personal vendetta, he's powerless and should just go along with it.

He needs to be smarter in the future when dealing with such things as crotch grabbing and altercations with sexual harassers since he's apparently in the BCB's crosshairs. PCB has similarly dysfunctional issues eventually turning against Shoaib Akhtar and keeping Umar Akmal out of their team for several years.
He should have quit the Bangladesh team and become a T20 mercenary if he felt truly aggrieved.

Do we know for a fact that he's a political victim, or is this more yarn being spun by our so-called "journalists"?

At any rate, he definitely needs to be smarter in dealing with the powers that be, and less of an a**hole too.
Old July 20, 2014, 01:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
He should have quit the Bangladesh team and become a T20 mercenary if he felt truly aggrieved.

Do we know for a fact that he's a political victim, or is this more yarn being spun by our so-called "journalists"?

At any rate, he definitely needs to be smarter in dealing with the powers that be, and less of an a**hole too.
I am glad that rest of us are not. We do not put ourselves at the stake of becoming one while topping the world all-rounder list and also gaining international fame. Probably we can hide under our wives saree when a teaser passes snide comments to her.
Old July 20, 2014, 01:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Obviously, we don't know for a fact. But I certainly believe its most likely what happened. That eve teaser's dad is allegedly some BAL big shot and is forcing the BCB to take excessive action against BCB. Such things are business as usual in Bhangadesh. All the more likely since puppet Papon said Shakib committed "inhumane" acts...so inhumane he can't name them. And the only thing that came out so far is he did photo shoot with BD jersey that didn't have Sahara's logo on it. Cheenta koro...keerokom shahosh. Agun jalao, fashi chai, Shakiber rokto chai. Sound familiar? Of course, its Bhangadesh.
Old July 20, 2014, 01:35 PM
Cricket Sage

And for the record, I did support some level of punishment to get Shakib's head on straight. Now its proven he's a true patriot (otherwise he woulda pulled a KP), he apologized, time to get his #1 ranked a$$ back into the side ASAP. We have matches to win.
Old July 20, 2014, 03:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Old July 20, 2014, 04:03 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Cricinfo comment section said it the best, "Sincere apologies don't use the words "if", "but" and "maybe." Shakib's only worried about the penalty, not the actual issue." So obviously he doesn't believe he has done anything wrong. As for "political agenda," yeah it's so twisted than it almost sounds too real to be true. Shakib wouldn't let that happen. If it was a political agenda he would quit by now.

Edit: thanks for posting the video. Yup, it's rehearsed, not even well rehearsed. He's still giggly about the whole thing. Not sincerest. I wasn't sure who's side to be on, I kept going back and forth. But seeing him still all smiles about this whole thing makes it pretty easy to not care for him.
Old July 20, 2014, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
He is a true patriot. I am glad he didn't make a stupid decision like that .. something all the haters would want him to do trying to destroy him.

Call him A*holes or whatever.. He is still a hero... and F you all who dont support him.
Old July 20, 2014, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I felt that shakib has handled himself really well after the punishment was given. On the other hand the board has quite the opposite, they could not even give him a letter giving him clear reasons for him ban. Anyway, looking forward to having shakib in the team in the near future.
Old July 20, 2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
. But seeing him still all smiles about this whole thing makes it pretty easy to not care for him.
You wanted him to cry?

I agree. He failed to cry and gain your support. Poor Shak!
Old July 20, 2014, 08:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
He is a true patriot. I am glad he didn't make a stupid decision like that .. something all the haters would want him to do trying to destroy him.

Call him A*holes or whatever.. He is still a hero... and F you all who dont support him.
A true patriot? Maybe. But it doesn't look that way to me. BCB decided not to grant him any NOCs for 18 months. His livelihood is affected. He asks for forgiveness.

If the BCB is in the wrong, the "patriotic" thing to do would be to call them out on their BS, not give in.

A cricketing hero he may very well be, but he's not infallible.
Old July 20, 2014, 08:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
I felt that shakib has handled himself really well after the punishment was given. On the other hand the board has quite the opposite, they could not even give him a letter giving him clear reasons for him ban. Anyway, looking forward to having shakib in the team in the near future.
I agree. He has indeed handled himself well since the punishment was announced. He hasn't made any rash decisions. However, I wish he had also called the BCB out for handing out an unjustifiably harsh penalty. And if the punishment was politically motivated, I wish he would have called the BCB out on that too.
Old July 20, 2014, 09:28 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
However, I wish he had also called the BCB out for handing out an unjustifiably harsh penalty. And if the punishment was politically motivated, I wish he would have called the BCB out on that too.
In a fair and transparent organization that might have worked but we are talking about BCB here. Calling BCB out publicly might have resulted in a more severe punishment.
Old July 20, 2014, 09:53 PM
Test Cricketer

What Jadukor said. This is Bangladesh we're talking about not your regular developed country where people enjoy civil rights, freedom of speech, etc. You go against people belonging to the ruling party and you are not only jeopardizing yourself but also your family members. No matter how famous you are they can tarnish your reputation, take everything away from you, and make life miserable for you. Just ask Dr Younis.

Some of Shakib's antics in the past were irritating sure, but the way he handled everything he couldn't have done a better job. Now the ball is in BCB's court. The patriotic thing for BCB to do would be to reduce his ban and let him play as early as possible.
Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM
BC Editorial Team

At the very least he's got a good PR person to write that. Well written. Leaves himself just enough outs while fully bowing to BCB's "power". Also an appeal to patriotism thrown in. I say take away the ban but punish with a 6 month NOC. Let's face it, that NOC is the one where it hurts the most for a professional cricketer with international club demand.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
This so ridiculous that it's not funny any more. Where is Shakib's swagger now? ....
I am not Shakib. But on behalf of him (without consulting him) I can say, "ek maghey shiet jai na. Amar'o shomoi ashbey".

In bad times one finds who are his/her true friends. He just got a reality check. Bangladesh'a shobai pisonay churi mara'r jonno toiri.

I just want to see how shujon will be taken care in near future.
Old Yesterday, 12:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
At the very least he's got a good PR person to write that. Well written. ...
Better than LeBron James letter.
Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM
Club Cricketer

Shakib has admitted the allegations against him. So, the charges are quite valid. The question is how much the board will overlook it to let the ex #1 allrounder of the world play for Bangladesh.