facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 11, 2014, 12:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul
Default BD preliminary squad announced for Zim series

32 members Bd preliminary squad: Tamim, Anamul, Shamsur, Kayes, Liton, Mominul, Shakib, Mushfiq, Riyad, Nasir, Mithun, Razzak, Arafat Sunny, Taijul, Saqlain, Jubayer, Mashrafe, Al Amin, Rubel, Robiul , Taskin, Shafiul, Soumya, Naeem, Marshal, Shahadat, shohid, suvagata, Muktar, Sabbir, Abul Hasan, Elias Sunny...
Nafees was not considered. http://m.bdnews24.com/bn/detail/cricket/865138
Old October 11, 2014, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Basically everybody is in.
Old October 11, 2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
Basically everybody is in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
32 members Bd preliminary squad: Tamim, Anamul, Shamsur, Kayes, Liton, Mominul, Shakib, Mushfiq, Riyad, Nasir, Mithun, Razzak, Arafat Sunny, Taijul, Saqlain, Jubayer, Mashrafe, Al Amin, Rubel, Robiul , Taskin, Shafiul, Soumya, Naeem, Marshal, Shahadat, shohid, suvagata, Muktar, Sabbir, Abul Hasan, Elias Sunny...
No Nafees though!
Old October 11, 2014, 05:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Al amin should sit out till cleared imagine he is the player of the series and turns out he was chucking.
Old October 11, 2014, 05:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Dhaka Tribune reports that 17 man Test squad has already been finalized from that 32. Nasir and Anamul will be dropped. Jubair and Saqlain are likely to be in.
Old October 11, 2014, 05:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

A pretty good squad though mithun and shahid haven't done much to get in and abul probably shouldn't be consider yet until he's had a good few matches to see how his body holds up. I guess al amin sitting out is a bit of a moral question but if he isn't chucking and isn't picked then everyone will say why wasn't he picked just like they'd say why was he picked when he was chucking, gazi was already tested, why hasn't al amin been tested yet? Should have got it done before the series otherwise like al says he should sit out I reckon.
Old October 11, 2014, 05:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Dhaka Tribune reports that 17 man Test squad has already been finalized from that 32. Nasir and Anamul will be dropped. Jubair and Saqlain are likely to be in.
If that's true then that's two pretty big drops, not unhappy to see jubair and sqlain in consideration though.
Old October 11, 2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Al amin should sit out till cleared imagine he is the player of the series and turns out he was chucking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
If that's true then that's two pretty big drops, not unhappy to see jubair and sqlain in consideration though.
Nasir deserves to be dropped IMHO.
Old October 11, 2014, 11:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Nasir deserves to be dropped IMHO.
I get why he was dropped, I'm borderline on whether he should have kept his spot or should not have but regardless of whether he shouldn't or shouldn't have he's still a big name to leave out which is more my interest, they're dropping a core player so I wonder what sort of impact that will have on the players.
Old October 11, 2014, 11:36 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Bottom of the barrel competition. Both teams will try their best to lose. It will be difficult to lose against Zim but i have faith in Mushfiq.
Old October 12, 2014, 02:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
I loved the sentence Nafees was not considered. This guy is not a test material at least.
Old October 12, 2014, 10:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Nasir on verge of omission from Tests
Quote:
This indicates that all the cricketers with the exception of the 17 who will be chosen for the Test series will be sent to Kolkata. The Bangladesh A team will participate in the tournament to mark 150 years of Eden Gardens as a cricket ground. The second string national side is likely to comprise new ODI captain Mashrafe bin Mortaza, Nasir Hossain, Abdur Razzak, Anamul Haque and Mohammed Mithun.

On the other hand, juvenile leg-spinner Jubair Hossain might get a national call-up in the final squad for the Test series. The suspension of off-spinner Sohag Gazi coupled with the dismal run of form of veteran spinner Abdur Razzak are said to have brightened the 19-year old Jubair’s prospects. Another spinner Saqlain Sajib also has a good chance of playing some part in the Tests due to his heroic performances against Zimbabwe A at home last month.

As far as getting discarded from the final squad is concerned, Nasir Hossain features on top of the list.
Old October 12, 2014, 10:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Kaler Kantho also believe Nasir will be most likely sent to Kolkata instead of being picked for the Test series.

http://www.kalerkantho.com/print-edi...4/10/12/138398
Old October 12, 2014, 10:26 AM
Cricket Guru

"It was learnt that the selectors had prepared a squad of 31 members, but later they had to add opener Soumya Sarker to the insistence of coach Chandika Hathurusinghe."

http://newagebd.net/56621/bcb-names-....9m3BdXYy.dpbs
Old October 12, 2014, 10:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Focus on spin in Zim series
Quote:
The team management want to be very cautious about their strategy in the coming series. As such the much-talked about plans of building pace-friendly wickets in a bid to prepare the players for the World Cup may not take place.

That's why they are considering putting emphasis on their own strength which is their spin bowling. In that department new faces may be brought in as reinforcements after Shohag Gazi's ban from international cricket.

In yesterday's meeting there was a discussion about the team for the Test series and they conceded that they were not ready to take any risks in the series because the team desperately needs to regain confidence ahead of the World Cup.
Old October 12, 2014, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Focus on spin in Zim series
this is how they are gonna focus on spin. Prepare low, flat wickets with no turn and have Raj as the lead spinner.....
Old October 12, 2014, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Nasir on verge of omission from Tests
BCB really doesnt know how to handle seamers. Why does Mashrafe who is already injury prone have to be sent to these picnic tournaments which means nothing? He doesnt need to prove anything either. Let him prepare for the ODI series. We need him fit for the world cup as he is the potential skipper for our side. Send Rubel, Shahadat, Mukhtar, Reza, Sharif, Tapash or even Nazmul who needs to be brought back in contention
Old October 12, 2014, 12:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
BCB really doesnt know how to handle seamers. Why does Mashrafe who is already injury prone have to be sent to these picnic tournaments which means nothing? He doesnt need to prove anything either. Let him prepare for the ODI series. We need him fit for the world cup as he is the potential skipper for our side. Send Rubel, Shahadat, Mukhtar, Reza, Sharif, Tapash or even Nazmul who needs to be brought back in contention
+ 1...picked a full strength side for crapiad and couldn't even get a silver. Beshi lobh.
Old October 12, 2014, 12:19 PM
Cricket Guru

I don't see anything wrong with sending Mashrafe with our best possible team to Edens. Edens is the best seamer friendly pitch in the subcontinent. This can be a better tournament to help us see which player better prepared for the upcoming WC'15.
Old October 12, 2014, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with sending Mashrafe with our best possible team to Edens. Edens is the best seamer friendly pitch in the subcontinent. This can be a better tournament to help us see which player better prepared for the upcoming WC'15.
There is nothing to determine how well prepared our best seamer is who also happens to be our skipper. His selection is not under any threat. Even if he is taken to cleaners at Eden, he will still make the trip to Australia and more importantly as a captain
Old October 12, 2014, 01:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
There is nothing to determine how well prepared our best seamer is who also happens to be our skipper. His selection is not under any threat. Even if he is taken to cleaners at Eden, he will still make the trip to Australia and more importantly as a captain
You have a point there. Then again, we have young seamers like Muktar and Soumya, to whom Mash needs to act as a mentor. This sort of tournament may be a good place for them to start with.

I wonder if Taskin will be also sent to Edens or kept back for the Test series.
Old October 12, 2014, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Nasir, with proper grooming, can be also considered for the fourth pacer option. With the WC'15 mind, he needs to start working on his seam bowling.
Old October 12, 2014, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You have a point there. Then again, we have young seamers like Muktar and Soumya, to whom Mash needs to act as a mentor. This sort of tournament may be a good place for them to start with.

I wonder if Taskin will be also sent to Edens or kept back for the Test series.
Exactly! we have a TON of good for nothing seamers who has shown some sort of talent at some point of their career and than faded. This is probably the most ideal tournament which isnt very competitive yet not uncompetitive enough to send them and have a go
Old October 12, 2014, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru

I wouldn't pick Abdur Razzak even for Edens, rather give the opportunity to Arafat and Elias Sunny.

Anamul should be held back for the Test series and take the gloves away from Mushfiq.

My team for Edens would be -

Soumya
LKD
Mithun (WK)
Naeem
Sabbir
Nasir
Mosaddek (though he is not in the 32 men squad)
Mash
Muktar
A Sunny
Taskin

E Sunny
Abul
Marshall (for lack of a better option)

Will need another batsman for reserve but don't see anymore batsman to spare from 32 men squad for this tour. My wild card entry will be Asif Ahmed, based on his consistent performance in domestic leagues.
Old October 12, 2014, 02:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Zimbabwe 26-men National Training Squad: (Lamb, Ervin, Moor are back)

S.Masakadza, E.Chigumbura, B. Vitori, T.Chatara, B. Taylor, T. Maruma, C. Ervine, T. Panyangara, T. Mawoyo, P. Utseya, W. Masakadza, V. Sibanda, H. Masakadza, D. Tiripano, N. Mushangwe, N. Madziva, M. Waller, B. Chari, R. Mutumbami, S. Raza Butt, T. Kamungozi, G. Lamb, PJ. Moor, R. Chakabva, H. Chikomba, J. Nyumbu