facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Taskin and Mashrafee (and Shahadat too)

Taskin and Mash have much in common, and Taskin has stated on numerous occasions that Mash is his hero. The two will most likely share the new ball in the forseeble future. This thread is to compare and contrast them.

Granted the earliest I saw Mash was the December 2004 series vs India by which time injuries had already taken their toll. But I'll never forget his MoM performance in the 2007 WC where he was nearly unplayable against India, bowling between 85-89 mph. I had never seen a deshi pacer bowl that quick before.

IMO, we've only produced 3 genuine pace prospects so far: Mash, Shahadat, and Taskin. Taskin seems to embody the best attributes of both: Mash's intelligence and accuracy with Shahadat's aggression and bite. He also generates the bounce Shahadat could not despite being slightly shorter. In short, Taskin seems to be the complete package.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

What's the criteria for a genuine pace prospect? I'd say rubel had potential as did shahadat but shahadat never became a world class pacer for any extended period of time, rubel has done ok in ODIs but hasn't done anything in tests but his one-day exploits put him up there as one of BDs most successful pacers.

Mash and taskin seem different, they both seem to have that special something that puts them in the world class category though we still have to wait and see on taskin.
Old Today, 01:08 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Rajib is a joke!

Our fearsome quartet comprises of Masrafe, Taskin, Al-Amin and Rubel. Nuff said.

Shafiul was good. Nazmul was tidy in his line and length. Dolar and Rasel are now Disco Djs.

Old Today, 02:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

al amin is a wait and see, rubel is world class in ODIs only so far and even still he's only just bordering on world class but it's better than our others. nazmul kind of is and kind of isn't, he averages under 32 in ODIs but also only has a 4fer to show for it and no 5fers and it's important for bowlers to be able to have those occasions at times so i think that's part of the criteria for being world class i.e. being able to get 4fers and 5fers. nazmul has only played 2 tests so no point of even bringing his test career into it.

shafiul is tough as well, not good in tests , but been ok sometimes in ODIs as his average of 36 isn't atrocious though it's still not very good but he's also got 4 4fers so he does have that wicket taking ability.

BD has never had a world class test paceman, and mash is the only one to solidify that title in ODIs imo. guys like rubel, al amin, nazmul, shafiul are still maybes as if they are in the category they're right on the border and could easily fall the wrong side of it (rubel for example, he's done well in ODIs so far but i'm still not convinced he can keep it up for his entire career yet).

shahadat is BD's bowling version of ashraful and the BD version of ishant sharma (though ishant has been threatening to come good for a more prolonged period lately).