facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2010, 04:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Default Signs of Improvement are unmistakable

the good : 3-4 batsman are coming good in every innings, there's no abject surrender and shameful losses.
pace attack is looking promising.
shakib's consistency with the ball.
the tail wags strongly, I think in 2010, BD tail (8-11) is the most consistent among the teams. that's the sign of a mentally strong team.

the bad : bowling is still some distance away from being penetrating enough to pick up 20 wkts on a consistent basis.
losing wkts in a heap to poor shots.

the ugly : fri**ing ashraful is still in the team. and the batting order's a mess.

I know there hasn't been any wins or even draws but I think this performance against 2 quality teams is definitely an improvement over past years. we are seeing an improved version of what we saw against the weakened WI side.

what do BCites think ? I would have added a poll but I don't know how to. any help on this regard will be most welcome.
Old February 19, 2010, 04:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

We can be really competitive if we can find 2 new batsman :
Because I we lost its due to our ****ing bastman like asrafool and aftab
Why aftab was here ahead of naeem ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 19, 2010, 04:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

seriously, we should think of Nayeem, Jahurul and Mithun ali in placement Ashfool and Aftafool. These newbies will at least give some score and stability in bating order compare to these two fools.
Old February 19, 2010, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Ashraful has got to go, just imagine this. If only we had 2 batsmen in the middle order who were delivering 30-40 runs each during the tour. The results would have been much different. I am not sure about the kids in the domestic circuit, but at this point Nayeem looks like our best bet in the middle order.
Another thing, our pacers are bowling really well, but they are giving away at least one freebie per over. If we can reduce it to 1 freebie per 2 overs, that would be great.
Also our batsmen should look for singles, we have had too many runs scored of boundaries in this series. Ideally the boundaries should account 30-40% of the score, we should try to come closer to that.
and other than that, our team is doing pretty fine.
Old February 19, 2010, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Aftafool
Old February 19, 2010, 06:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean Williams

Ive seen big improvement in your Test match performances recently and you are deffo on the right track.

A lot of credit has to go to Jamie Siddons for the emergence of Tamin, Shakib, Ryiad and Rahim as becoming world class batsman.Now the challange is to how to intergrate Ryaid higher up the order, i see him as a number 5 in the future so all you need to do know is find a number 4 batsman and you guys will have a strong batting line up.

Just please drop Ash, im fed up of hearing the commentators for the last 6 years say every time he comes to the crease that this guys has all the talent in the world, and then watching his 22/23 run average come up on the screen followed by a quick cheap reckless dismissal.
Old February 19, 2010, 06:48 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

My hubby noticed it, which I didn't - Now Bangladesh do not lose by an innings and so runs.
Old February 19, 2010, 07:08 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: See my avatar

This test could have been saved if not For Tamim's rashness in the early part of the 2nd innings. Forget Ashraful, he is a lost case. Even if Bangladesh lose against England, this will be definitely not be a one sided series. England are going to have to play out of their skins to win this one. Go Bangladesh.
Old February 19, 2010, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalsri
This test could have been saved if not For Tamim's rashness in the early part of the 2nd innings. Forget Ashraful, he is a lost case. Even if Bangladesh lose against England, this will be definitely not be a one sided series. England are going to have to play out of their skins to win this one. Go Bangladesh.
I am waiting to see the contest between Shakib and Swann they are world's current best spinners alongside Vettori

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 19, 2010, 07:42 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
My hubby noticed it, which I didn't - Now Bangladesh do not lose by an innings and so runs.
Well spotted. It has been seven Tests since Bangladesh lost by an innings. It is also 10 innings since BD made < 200.
Old February 19, 2010, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
Well spotted. It has been seven Tests since Bangladesh lost by an innings. It is also 10 innings since BD made < 200.
Quite rightly so! In 2007, they had humiliating losses against India and Sl, also SA, but thenI noticed that after that they were not losing by an innings, and they were making the opposing team bat twice. They were losing, but not by an innings and taking the game into the fifth day, they do not seem to get bowled out cheaply also,they are scoring 400 runs and there is some fight. They need to play more against the G8 teams.
Hope that in the next FTP, that they do get a chance to play at least 6 test matches per year and some A teams should visit BD to play 3 or 4 day matches.
Old February 19, 2010, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

About Tamim's innings. He always plays like that. He made his 151 playing this way, he scored in the first innings playing shots. There is no reason to blame Tamim for being too attacking. He is like that.
I remember in WC 2007, perhaps Michael Holding or some commentator said, please don't change his game, let him play like this.
I think we should let tamim be tamim.
Old February 19, 2010, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

About Tamim's innings. He always plays like that. He made his 151 playing this way, he scored in the first innings playing shots. There is no reason to blame Tamim for being too attacking. He is like that.
I remember in WC 2007, perhaps Michael Holding or some commentator said, please don't change his game, let him play like this.
Old February 19, 2010, 09:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

no one is trying to change tamim's game but reckless attitude is not acceptable.
Old February 19, 2010, 09:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
This is not an individual sport. One of the main pillar of cricket is Partnership. Any format. This is fundamental cricket 101. Tamim can be what ever he wants to be, I don't give ....'s behind. Team > individual. Even if it Shakib or Viv Richards or Don Bradman. Know your roots!!! Personal grudge has no room in team concept. You give all for your team. The team don't have to give anything to you if you are not helping the team. Discipline is #1 in any sports. Not "Give me one more!! I dare you."

Go play home run contest or something with Gayle.
Old February 19, 2010, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

For any mature mind out there, you should realize that there's no more ONE way of playing test cricket. Players like Jaya, Sehwag, etc. have managed to score big playing with their natural aggression. You have to understand that aggression is not the same as dumbness. For example of aggression in the BD team, see Tamim. For dumbness, see Ash.

We also have to understand that Test cricket has come a long way in the past 5 years. Slow scoring teams will not have a chance in today's Test cricket. The sooner we understand that, and adapt to that, the better.
Old February 19, 2010, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

We also have to understand that Test cricket has come a long way in the past 5 years. Slow scoring teams will not have a chance in today's Test cricket. The sooner we understand that, and adapt to that, the better.
You are correct - but that statement is applicable for teams who are contending for world rankings 1-3. Not us.

We have to do the right thing that is for us. Now we can debate that.
Old February 19, 2010, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana-Baba
no one is trying to change tamim's game but reckless attitude is not acceptable.
Very intelligent comment that is well said.

Tamim is the reason why we lost the match.

aftab and Ashraful are gimme losers. But Tamim could have made the difference.
Old February 19, 2010, 10:49 AM
Cricket Sage

We shouldn't let tamim play how ever he wants. you play for the team. you play based on the situation. our batsmans are predictable a lot of the times, When shakib was batting even NZ commentators predicted one time he was going to go down the track, and the very next ball he did. The reason riyad and mushy had such great success in the recent few test is because they played the ball based the merit of the ball. There were few wild swings here and there, its hard to get out of old habit, but what ever it is they are doing it is working for them. Yesterday except a couple wild swings from shakib I didn't see anything too ugly. If him, mushy and riyad can apply themselves more they will survive out there for longer. but for right now our top order is the main concern. we can't be 100/5 down in every single game, we can't expect the last 3 batsman's to get us out of trouble every time. I can see nayeem coming in to the picture soon enough so hopefully he'll fill in one of the missing pieces of the puzzle. As for tamim he knows much better than that. I love the fact that he always has with issues with bowlers, but if it keeps costing him his wicket I rather him not start something with a bowler. With our lower middle order performing that should take some pressure off of him, and hopefully siddon can get through to his head. As for imrul he has gotten number of starts, which really means nothing, but i'm not too sure if his replacement can do any better or worse. I just hope those 20s and 30s will soon start turning into 50s and 60s soon enough.
There are a lot of things going right for us, but there are a lot more things going wrong for us. But our batting has definitely come a long way. I hope we can continue to move forward. As for our bowling I have no idea where shahadat is heading, with mash practically disappearing from the test scene it was up to him to lead the pace attack, but that's not looking very hopeful. Rubel and Shaiful have shown us in bits and pieces what they are capable of, but they are both way too young and inexperienced. we'll just have to bear with them for now and watch them grow as a bowler. which i hope is not so far away.
Old February 19, 2010, 11:09 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
the good : 3-4 batsman are coming good in every innings, there's no abject surrender and shameful losses.
pace attack is looking promising.
shakib's consistency with the ball.
the tail wags strongly, I think in 2010, BD tail (8-11) is the most consistent among the teams. that's the sign of a mentally strong team.

the bad : bowling is still some distance away from being penetrating enough to pick up 20 wkts on a consistent basis.
losing wkts in a heap to poor shots.

the ugly : fri**ing ashraful is still in the team. and the batting order's a mess.

I know there hasn't been any wins or even draws but I think this performance against 2 quality teams is definitely an improvement over past years. we are seeing an improved version of what we saw against the weakened WI side.

what do BCites think ? I would have added a poll but I don't know how to. any help on this regard will be most welcome.
I agree with most of your words, except one.......
Sir Mohammad Ashraful has every right to play as long as he wants. His fan, n media will kill u if exception happens.....
Old February 19, 2010, 11:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riankhan
I agree with most of your words, except one.......
Sir Mohammad Ashraful has every right to play as long as he wants. His fan, n media will kill u if exception happens.....
"Sir Mohammad Ashraful has every right to play as long as he wants. His fan, n media will kill u if exception happens....."

With all due respect......Bangladesh team ki Baper Sompotti je ami diner por dint Mudi marbo but no action will be taken? PPL say he should stay coz he is experienced.....f that....If Other players are not given chance how they will be experienced?
Old February 19, 2010, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

two words for tamim's problems, shot selection. no one is asking him to stop playing his natural game. the point that needs to be made is natural game should not mean playing recklessly. to know how to do it, look no further than sehwag. talent aside, both have similar approach to batting.
what really puts sehwag above others is that he knows his own ability and plays accordingly. if its there to be hit, hit it, if not, defend. simple as that.
Old February 19, 2010, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
..if its there to be hit, hit it, if not, defend. simple as that.
That's the part. Trying to hit a ball which not there to be hit is nothing less than utter carelessness.
Old February 19, 2010, 11:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i think wins are due against england.....

i think we will win ODI series or lose it 2-1, we are certainly gonna draw at least one or both test match. may be a surprising win
Old February 19, 2010, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru

As far as Test matches are concerned, it's pleasing to see the team is winning a session here and a session there. But at same time it's painful to see they totally lack strategy for a match or even for one innings.

Tamim , for example, came to bat in the last innings thinking he needs to score some quick runs to help the team to win. It's hilarious to see him taking that approach when the team is chasing 400+ runs with four sessions at hand. This makes me suspect the team did not sit down and discuss how would they chase down the target (or how would they make use of four sessions).

We surely can't win a Test match if we keep playing in this haphazard manner.