facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 28, 2016, 09:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mostafiz, Shakib,SS,Tamim
Default Najmul Hossain Shanto thread.

This guy is the future number 3 for bangladesh team.
Old January 28, 2016, 09:31 PM
Club Cricketer

Najmul Hossain Shanto is the Vice-Captain of the Bangladesh Under-19 Cricket Team. He is a left handed top order batsman from Rajshahi. He has already played 52 matches for the Bangladesh U19s, second highest for an U19 player both for Bangladesh and overall. He has scored the highest number of fifties in the U19 level-11, and has also hit the highest number of fours-142. He has been the Captain of the side on quite a few occasions too and has been thoroughly successful in the leading role.

Shanto has scored 1561 runs in his career, which is the highest amount of runs for a Bangladeshi player at the Under 19 level and is only second to Pakistan’s Sami Aslam overall at this level. Shanto’s 1561 runs has come at an average of 35.47 with a single century and as mentioned record number of fifties which is also jointly the highest at this level. This future star will be featuring in his second U19 CWC which is scheduled to start from January 27th.

CAREER STATS OF NAJMUL HOSSAIN

Matches Runs HS Avg. SR 100s 50s 4s 6s
52 1561 109 35.47 69.13 1 11 142 9
Old January 28, 2016, 09:39 PM
Club Cricketer

1600 Youth ODI runs, 12 Youth ODI Fifties-two wonderful milestones for Najmul Hossain Shanto in the match as the tournament opener for Bangladesh started off on a good note initially. Bangladesh U19s ended up posting 240-7 and the rest rests on the bowlers to give the team a winning start to the World Cup venture.

The Young Tigers made a slow start to the game after skipper Mehidy Hassan won the toss and opted to bat first. The first three overs were maidens and then Pinak Ghosh started the hitting. Saif Hassan departed early and the score was 37-1 after 10 overs. Then there was a 44-run stand between Pinak and Joyraz. Pinak was settling in well and Joyraz was taking up the attack on the opponents, but the partnership ended with a suicidal run out as the pair tried to steak a cheeky single and Pinak ended up walking back to the dugout after scoring a well-made 43.

Vice-captain of Bangladesh U19 Najmul Hossain joined Joyraz in the middle, but the partnership did not last long as Joyraz was caught behind to Whitehead for 46 after he looked dangerous in the middle for the South Africans. The Vice-captain got joined by the Captain Mehidy Hassan and both initially looked to settle down properly and build a stand. Both the players avoided risks and tried to play in comfortably and was extracting the results from it. They were getting the runs and the boundaries too as a 59-run stand was put up before Mehidy walked off to a rather soft dismissal scoring 23 off 38.

Najmul continued to spread tension on the South African side and put up another 45-run stand with Zakir Hasan. Najmul Hossain was finally dismissed for 73 as he tried to scoop past the keeper off a yorker. 250 looked on the cards when Najmulm stayed, but he fell at a point when the scoring rate was pulled back yet again by the South African U19 bowlers. The contributions from Pinak and Joyraz proved hefty in the end with Najmul’s 73 contributing the most in the first innings.
Old January 28, 2016, 11:44 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Stats wise he's great. But what i have seen from the last match Shanto's batting style was not that eye catching. Hopefully he's not another Anamul. However best of luck to Shanto.

Go TIGERS GO...
Old January 29, 2016, 12:29 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Stats wise he's great. But what i have seen from the last match Shanto's batting style was not that eye catching. Hopefully he's not another Anamul. However best of luck to Shanto.
You must have watched a different game!!
Old January 29, 2016, 12:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman
You must have watched a different game!!
I didn't say Shanto is not talented. His batting is fine. But that's it.
This quote perfectly explains what I felt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
The only one who impressed me was Pinak. He has a lot of time. Shanto has no horizontal bat shots (watch his hawkeye). The rest were meh. I mean disciplined and maximizing their talent but not eyepopping in natural ability.

Go TIGERS GO...
Old January 29, 2016, 12:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Sab/Som/Mas/Rub

He is definately one for future along with pinak, Miraz. This guy has ability to hit ball with power and control, his bating is very eye pleasing
Old January 29, 2016, 12:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Haha ppl complaining ? Even look at shakib, tamim bating u-19 level you will say this guy has more fluent technique then those two at this level.
Old January 29, 2016, 12:49 AM
Club Cricketer

I didn't say he isn't talented. Just saying by the look of his stats I guessed better. Only scoring boundaries doesn mean eye catching to me. I see technic,style,stance etc. However he has lots of time infront of hom. No need to start a unnecessary argument without clearly understanding one's post.
He's fine..

Go TIGERS GO...
Old January 29, 2016, 01:02 AM
Club Cricketer

All I want to say is your observation in not spot on. To me he is a wonderful prospect along with Mirza and Pinak but I thing he got the temperament to bat longer than the other two. But I also think Pinak is highly talented as well.
Old January 29, 2016, 01:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Abul

Shanto will be the pillar of Bangladesh batting with Mosaddek

Future line up:

1. Soumya Sarkar
2. Pinak Ghosh
3. Nazmul Hossain Shanto
4. Mosaddek Hossain
Old January 29, 2016, 01:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sabbir, Soumya, Taskin

Shanto has a bright future for sure! The ceiling is high, it's upto him on how far he can reach.
Old January 29, 2016, 02:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

When Tamim was his age, he could only play on the offside and had no leg side game whatsoever. What matters is that whether Shanto has a strong base to develop his game which he has.
Old January 29, 2016, 03:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Haha ppl complaining ? Even look at shakib, tamim bating u-19 level you will say this guy has more fluent technique then those two at this level.
Exactly. Don't know why we compare current nats players with U19 players. We should look back and figure how good Shakib, Mushy and Tamim were in their U19 days. Clearly Shanto, Pinak and Miraz are far ahead in that comparison, both technically and skilfully
Old January 29, 2016, 09:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Exactly! trying to compare these young kids with Sakib/Mushy/Tamim is silly. If we really want to compare them with current super stars, we need to compare them with the Sakib/Mushy/Tamim when they first came in their teens.

When Sakib first came, his bowling looked ordinary batted too slowly for ODI. Some fans tagged him Rana 2.

Only last 3-4 years Mushy progressed greatly as a solid batsman. Before that he was inconsistent.

When Tamim first came he came with a bang, but it was obvious he had some deficiencies (technical and mental) in his game.

Only Mustafiz and SS came with a big bang. But they are part of the new generation. No offence to older players, but these new players are better skilled and prepared when they come to the national team than ever before.

And after watching just one game ( its too early), it gave me an impression that few of these players are already ahead of traditionally what our national players used to be at their age, they looked very matured and skillful.... and Shanto is one of them.
Old January 29, 2016, 09:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Exactly! trying to compare these young kids with Sakib/Mushy/Tamim is silly. If we really want to compare them with current super stars, we need to compare them with the Sakib/Mushy/Tamim when they first came in their teens.

When Sakib first came, his bowling looked ordinary batted too slowly for ODI. Some fans tagged him Rana 2.

Only last 3-4 years Mushy progressed greatly as a solid batsman. Before that he was inconsistent.

When Tamim first came he came with a bang, but it was obvious he had some deficiencies (technical and mental) in his game.

Only Mustafiz and SS came with a big bang. But they are part of the new generation. No offence to older players, but these new players are better skilled and prepared when they come to the national team than ever before.

And after watching just one game ( its too early), it gave me an impression that few of these players are already ahead of traditionally what our national players used to be at their age, they looked very matured and skillful.... and Shanto is one of them.
Old January 29, 2016, 11:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:

Spot on.
Old January 30, 2016, 07:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:

I saw a video of Tamim bashing bowlers in U19 level and I still remember how brutal it was, the bowlers looked like didn't know what hit them. Check his strike rate in U19 level, it is 99+, I don't think Pinak or Shanto comes even anywhere near (60s and 70s). When Indians played Bangladesh in 2007, the whole camp had heard his name but didn't ever see him playing, what they were told is that there is a guy in the Bangladeshi team who hits the ball hardest in Bangladesh, the rest is history. Shakib averaged 35 with the bat and his strike rate was 90+ as well, good in bowling too. Compare that to Miraz, his youth ODI average is only 25. So I don't think it's a fair judgement to say that Miraz is better than Shakib at U19 level.

It is only natural that a developing team like bangladesh produces better players down the years, but it's still too early in my opinion. Team of 2006 went on to the 5th place which is the best so far, let's see how far this team goes. Only then we can judge.

In terms of potential, I will still say Tamim, Shakib and Mushfique were freaks and their strike rates, averages, bowling averages everything were above average which is why you see them doing so well today.
Old January 30, 2016, 07:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Quote:

where can you watch the game?
Old January 30, 2016, 07:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana-Baba
Star sports 1, Maasranga TV, BTV. Our last two group matches won't be televised though. We will have to wait for the next round.
Old January 30, 2016, 11:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana-Baba
Also look for links in game threads provided by generous members.
Old January 30, 2016, 11:26 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Shanto already showed he can read the game situation and pace his innings. He accelerated at the death beautifully. Cricket is not only played by eye popping natural talent. This guy looked matured beyond his age and over time he will enrich his armory of shots as he develops
Old January 31, 2016, 03:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Congrats for becoming the most run scorer in U19 ODI's

Still have few matches to play
Old January 31, 2016, 03:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Congrats for becoming the most run scorer in U19 ODI's

Still have few matches to play
He seems he is one of those guys who can play merit of demanded sitauion. Well done my boy !! He proving us more that he can be one for future.
Old January 31, 2016, 03:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
He seems he is one of those guys who can play merit of demanded sitauion. Well done my boy !! He proving us more that he can be one for future.
Exactly!

Law said his role is to bat through and he is doing it beautifully so far in this WC.