facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 19, 2016, 07:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Shakib has become a walking wicket against any spinner
there was a time I saw him doing well against Ajmol,Afridi,Murali,Vettori.
These days any average spinner can get him.

Meanwhile alrounders like Ashwin,Stokes and even Nabi doing so well but Sakib's battng is going no where.
Old November 21, 2016, 10:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

Very annoyed looking Shakib in Parki sea beach, anwara, chittagong (he went there recently for ad shooting)

Old November 21, 2016, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

That news came up in different news portals.

I still wonder about the validity of the news but if Shakib really did it then it would be absolutely pathetic.
Old November 21, 2016, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Well those ppl must have done something more then taking pics
Old November 21, 2016, 02:23 PM
Cricket Sage

too many ad shooting for Sakib
meanwhile his collegues have improved their batting.
His competitors like Ashwin,Stokes or even Nabi performing with the bat regularly, this bothers me, too much modelling is never good, I know Koheli does a lot of commercials but we know Sakib is not as hard working as Koheli.
Old November 21, 2016, 02:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Shakib is Bangladesh's Romo.
Old November 21, 2016, 02:38 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What did he do? Don't be so ambiguous!

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
too many ad shooting for Sakib
meanwhile his collegues have improved their batting.
His competitors like Ashwin,Stokes or even Nabi performing with the bat regularly, this bothers me, too much modelling is never good, I know Koheli does a lot of commercials but we know Sakib is not as hard working as Koheli.
Really? We know that for a fact? Hmm, I'd hate to take your word for it esp. when you can't even spell their names properly...
Don't sling mud.

Every time a player has a bad game the go-to thing is their ad revenue. Please, we'd all moonlight for easy $$$$ too if it meant just showing our faces. And stop putting so much price on his Gully Premier League performance. Remember what he did in the last Int series.
Old November 21, 2016, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'd rather he forgets how to bowl in T20's than Tests, as opposed to the other way around when he forgot how to flight the ball in Tests. But someone of his caliber should be able to handle all formats, with ball and bat.
Old November 21, 2016, 02:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur

That's why he won't get respect or true recognition by legends/experts/analysts. It's the attitude what really counts. Remember that controversial gesture he did during that Sri Lanka game? he lost respect. I live in England, and whenever you listen to an English cricketer, expert, whatever, you will always hear the name Tamim Iqbal. Shakib's batting is nothing special. He doesn't have the technique to score away from the subcontinent. Struggles badly with the bat outside the subcontinent. He's a very good bowler though, but again, not world class or anything. A very good player nonetheless.
Old November 21, 2016, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSports
That's why he won't get respect or true recognition by legends/experts/analysts. It's the attitude what really counts. Remember that controversial gesture he did during that Sri Lanka game? he lost respect. I live in England, and whenever you listen to an English cricketer, expert, whatever, you will always hear the name Tamim Iqbal. Shakib's batting is nothing special. He doesn't have the technique to score away from the subcontinent. Struggles badly with the bat outside the subcontinent. He's a very good bowler though, but again, not world class or anything. A very good player nonetheless.
Tamim Iqbal is no angel to be fair.

Shakib has his fair share of unacceptable behaviour.

Lets be honest, being a genuine allrounder in modern era is extremely difficult. He not only has to adjust his bowling in 3 formats but also batting. How many world class genuine allrounders are there? Ask any neutral fan who has watched BD play and they will say Shakib across all formats.

Fans do not realize that Shakib isn't special because the others aren't good enough. He is special because he has done something which even the quality players from elsewhere have struggled to do something.

I have said it before. In the years, Shakib's competition in the allrounder ranking has been included Hafeez, Watson, Corey Anderson, Jadeja and to be honest none of these were his competition for too long. That competitor always changed but Shakib was consistently the best. However, I will agree that his batting form is a big worry especially with us going abroad. There is nothing to do about his technique right now.

At his absolute worst, he can still be a proper no. 7 or no.8 batsman with the skills he has in LOIs
Old November 21, 2016, 03:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSports
screw those legends/experts/analyst.

he doesn't need their recognition or respect.
Old November 21, 2016, 03:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Come on guys, it is just a pic.
We dont know what really happened and u guys are making it look like he was captured beating up some1 lol
Old November 21, 2016, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

These players are human being, they need time of their own, they need some quality time of their own being , now since they are famous they cannot have those times outside of their own private sorroundings becuase of the fans. I guess sometime players might feel like they are the circus animals as most of the time people just staring at them, shouting their names whenever they go, making lots of noise, follwing them everywhere. They don't have peace of mind which can really disturbing for them. I guess fans making them get fed up by following them everywhere, and also all the time paparazzis are after them as well.