facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 16, 2015, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
lol.. now he is a average player because he failed in a ipl game? I too disappointed from his performance with the bat today but at the end of the day its a domestic t20 match. Nothing more.
He's an average overrated t20 batsmen. Don't need to be genius to figure that out.
Old May 16, 2015, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

LMAO MohammedShamim on a roll today, it's your day man so enjoy while it lasts!

BTW, are you or somehow related to the guy who got slapped by Shakib for harassing his wife during the India series?
Old May 16, 2015, 02:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
LMAO MohammedShamim on a roll today, it's your day man so enjoy while it lasts!

BTW, are you or somehow related to the guy who got slapped by Shakib for harassing his wife during the India series?
No my friend, i don't get involved with people's personal and family life.

I am talking about Shakib as a cricketer.. that is all.

I am not here to enjoy while Shakib fails!

I look at the consequence of Shakib's failure.

1. Most probably he won't play next year in IPL, no one representing Bangladesh
2. Most countries watching him play like that will think aha his from crap BD (crap players)
3. His poor performance limits the chance for others from BD to Join good leagues.

He is suppose to be a ambassador of Bangladesh! and he is failing big time.

Ps: We get annoyed for KKR batting him lower down the order thinking he is some genius batsmen.

I am hopeful that my point has been made clear. I am sure your not under-age to understand what i have written.
Old May 16, 2015, 04:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I think he needs more time to settle and hit accurately, that is why he needed to come earlier rather than no 7.
Old May 16, 2015, 04:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Harsha is always kind to us and seems to be a fan of Shakib! Too bad Shak couldn't back him up today.
Old May 16, 2015, 05:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim

2. Most countries watching him play like that will think aha his from crap BD (crap players)
3. His poor performance limits the chance for others from BD to Join good leagues.

Ps: We get annoyed for KKR batting him lower down the order thinking he is some genius batsmen.

I am hopeful that my point has been made clear. I am sure your not under-age to understand what i have written.
I don't agree with any of your points,
1.he hasn't been that bad that he won't be picked next year, if KKR don't take him someone else will, even if he doesn't get picked it won't be the end of the world, IPL is just for money & entertainment, nothing more.
2. If most countries think Sakib = BAngladesh then they are wrong , BD now win matches because of Ryad,Tamim, Mushy scoring hundreds, Sabbir finishing in style, Mortaza/Rubel/Taskin trio pace attack etc. There is more to look forward to in BD team than Sakib AL Hasan.
3.You have to bujhte hobey Sakib's performance has nothing to do with others getting a chance, others will have to make it with their own performances, like Tamim made it to the English T20 league because of his brilliant performance against England.

Anyway, I agree with you that SAkib's batting in IPL has been very ordinary and being a number 1 ranked all rounder he should have done better
Old May 16, 2015, 05:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox

Harsha is always kind to us and seems to be a fan of Shakib! Too bad Shak couldn't back him up today.
IT is not a sign of kindness, it is a sign of maturity, those who are matured will always give credit where it is due, Romiz today said " a Sakib hurricane can take KKR home", he also said " Rajsthan will be happy to keep Sakib at the non striker end"

I think sending Russel was the good idea, but then they sent another Indian player before Sakib, although it didn't matter as that player got out on the first delivery I think.
Old May 16, 2015, 07:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Shak st num 7 was the cause of kkr s demise. Plus stupid team selection
Old May 17, 2015, 02:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

funny how all of a sudden he is labelled as useless. People has a goldfish memory it seems or they have followed this guy since he started to play in IPL.

Anyways He is not a no 7 player, he needs time to set and then he can hit... But this useless IPL is doing more harm to his batting and bowling as now (since he started to play as a no 7 batsman in IPL) he tries to hit every ball which is actually required by a no 7 batsman in a T20 .

I think I will be happy if KKR decides not to retain him for next year. In fact I will be happy if none of these faltu leagues invites him then he will start concentrating on his batting again, will try to figure out the flaws which will eventually help Bangladesh.

As someone said it was a good game to lose specially for Shakib..
Old May 17, 2015, 02:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

He's never been very consistent with the bat in t20s, as for his bowling it the IPL may have helped his t20 bowling and even his ODI bowling but if the last series was influenced from too much IPL (or t20 in general) then it's not a good thing. Since radiate Bangladesh hasn't found a decent long term test spinner other than shakib, and he's not only been BD's best test spinner but he's been the best test match bowler, that's across BD's entire test history not just currently.

Shakib is a great all rounder, but ultimately his test match bowling is what BD really needs. There are good enough batsmen and spinners in the other formats to cover for him, and someone like liton or nasir or riyad, even soumya and hom, these guys can work and cover for shakib's batting in tests but as far as bowling goes I don't think there is anyone ready to take over from shakib if he can't maintain what he's so far done in his test career with the ball. Jubair maybe, but he could turn out to be like the other short term successes.
Old May 17, 2015, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

He should have batted at 3/4/5 he is not a sloggers

And we expect him to win every time with the bat, but we should be realistic, no one win every game single handly, look at others all rounder ( Mathiews, or others )...even Watson he win last match but looks at his score last games...
If shakib would get so many opportunities at the top order, he would have win some games
Old May 17, 2015, 08:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Abul Hasan

If the kkr management really thinks Yadav or jodu modu kodu is going to win the match than Shakib then they deserve to lose
Old May 17, 2015, 08:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
If the kkr management really thinks Yadav or jodu modu kodu is going to win the match than Shakib then they deserve to lose
Arrogant Ghambir said something like targeting top two position. Hahaha!!! Ending with not even in the top half.
Old May 17, 2015, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
There weak point is their indian batsmen : Pandey, Yadav are still not world class and Gambhir is too slow, Yusuf is too inconsistant
Old May 17, 2015, 09:28 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim

That is poor thinking that you think his performance will limit other players. if other players are good enough, they will make it with their performance
Old May 17, 2015, 07:17 PM
Cricket Legend

It would be better if he does not play for all these league, his test bowling has gone down and even his batting be coming too much sloggy

He should concentrate to perform for bangladesh
Old May 17, 2015, 07:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

read this guys, people still thinks how important Shakib is for KKR-

http://www.anandabazar.com/khela/abs...d-kkr-1.147039
Old May 17, 2015, 09:19 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

With his experience in IPL, He will be the key player for us in the T20 wc next year.
Old May 17, 2015, 10:03 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
read this guys, people still thinks how important Shakib is for KKR-

http://www.anandabazar.com/khela/abs...d-kkr-1.147039
Shakib is extremely important for KKR, you dont have to read others opinion for that, you just have to look at KKR's results

2008-2010: KKR knocked out in first round(No shakib)
2011--Shakib is there(missed first 2 games due to commitment for BD) and KKR 1st time reached 2nd round
2012--KKR champion, Shakib is there for entire season
2013--Shakib is missing for BD commitment KKR again knocked out in the 1st round
2014--KKR champion, Shakib is there for entire season again
2015--KKR knocked out again shakib is ther for 4 match only

Summery:the 2 time KKR was champion shakib was there the entire season, 1 time KKR was in 2nd round Shakib was there 90% of their matches..0%-20% shakib = 4 times knocked out
Old May 17, 2015, 10:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

KKR's fall because of Shakib not playing and Naraine not being effective. Pure and simple.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Shakib is extremely important for KKR, you dont have to read others opinion for that, you just have to look at KKR's results

2008-2010: KKR knocked out in first round(No shakib)
2011--Shakib is there(missed first 2 games due to commitment for BD) and KKR 1st time reached 2nd round
2012--KKR champion, Shakib is there for entire season
2013--Shakib is missing for BD commitment KKR again knocked out in the 1st round
2014--KKR champion, Shakib is there for entire season again
2015--KKR knocked out again shakib is ther for 4 match only

Summery:the 2 time KKR was champion shakib was there the entire season, 1 time KKR was in 2nd round Shakib was there 90% of their matches..0%-20% shakib = 4 times knocked out
Wolf's eye!