facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 1, 2012, 09:11 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: IVA Richards

Hi Simon
I think Shakib should be our captain because:
1. He has the leadership trait. He believes in himself and can give confidence to others. I remember the body language we had during the NZ bangla wash series. It was the only time in our cricketing history I felt that the captain of our team was inspiring every one in the field to give more.
2. His understanding of the game of cricket is second to none in our team. His field placement and bowling changes are always positive and rational.
3. He leads by example.
4. He is getting the exposure from IPL and County that he can emulate here in Bangladesh.

Our team is more important than him and I believe that if we re assign him as our captain then he can help shape our cricket for this decade. Other wise the shaping will be done by the same fourth graders in BCB who puts their personal gain way ahead of the team at every occasion.

Hasib
Old January 1, 2012, 10:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Mushy only had two series, so let's be patient with him and hope Mushy will do better, Mushy has been scoring runs consistently as well.
Old January 1, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasibhussain
Hi Simon
I think Shakib should be our captain because:
1. He has the leadership trait. He believes in himself and can give confidence to others. I remember the body language we had during the NZ bangla wash series. It was the only time in our cricketing history I felt that the captain of our team was inspiring every one in the field to give more.
2. His understanding of the game of cricket is second to none in our team. His field placement and bowling changes are always positive and rational.
3. He leads by example.
4. He is getting the exposure from IPL and County that he can emulate here in Bangladesh.

Our team is more important than him and I believe that if we re assign him as our captain then he can help shape our cricket for this decade. Other wise the shaping will be done by the same fourth graders in BCB who puts their personal gain way ahead of the team at every occasion.

Hasib
I have always considered Shakib as a better bowler than Harbhajan and about giving back the captaincy to Shakib, I think that won't be a good idea. Shakib was under tremendous pressure when he was the captain. He is a outspoken guy and he always demanded what he thought is the best for the team to win matches. But we all know how corrupt and partial the BCB members are. Shakib jehetu omon tel diye cholte pare na so BCB er support o or jonno nai. The board, media all were against him and were overly critical about his each and every step which was effecting his performance as well. Now he doesn't have that pressure and he can concentrate only on his game which is more beneficial for our team I believe. And he is always trying to help Mushy in the field. We have seen that he is giving his suggestion to Mushy or inspiring the bowlers. And as Simon said Mushy just had 2 series. Let's give him few more chances then we can think about changing our captain.
Old January 1, 2012, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
This is actually what other foreign players do. In abroad, its very hard to get a job without the help of Job agent. Its not that popular in Subcontinent. Remember, while appointing coach, BCB had to talk with agent's first before they can sit with the main person. I dont think our players' follow such thing, and its very costly though. May be after BPL success, many agents will come forward to our players and sign them as their client.
They do have agents. Mostly Indians.
Old January 1, 2012, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Shakib posed a choice between IPL and County... a big choice; county will help him grow in tests, IPL will only grow his income. If more Bangladeshis went to county that would be certainly better for the country's cricket then IPL exposure. It appears Shakib is disinclined to go to county, which I think he should do and emphasize county rather than IPL. As is said, Have fun with what you do and the Universe will take care of the rest. County will make him grow. Grow in Cricket ... and the money will follow him.
County will grow his income too !!! no ?? As far as I know the county players earn more than the international players of BD (as they don't get to play as many intl matches). But he didn't make a choice between his national duty and money. Rather I think he is giving up county for his national duty during that time. And notice that he mentioned about rest and being fit. I think he is right on that aspect.
Old January 1, 2012, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Really? County pays as much as IPL?
Old January 1, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Really? County pays as much as IPL?
No, county doesn't pay more than IPL. But I've read in an article that the county players makes more money than our BD intl players. What I meant is Shakib didn't choose IPL over county rather he chose his national duty over county. And Shakib is already under an agreement with IPL so he have to keep his words. Also what I think that he didn't get a call from any good county team this year . The made in Bangladesh tag doesn't do him any good along with his few bad performances in some matches .
Old January 1, 2012, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

ok I know I have uploaded it earlier but that wasn't a good quality and was not the full version. I found the full video today, so here it is. Enjoy the tribute to our hero .

Heroes Of The Game (Shakib Al Hasan) by ccnextday047
Old January 1, 2012, 05:58 PM
Cricket Legend

I did some googling, Shakib got a contract of $425000 for three years with Kolkata Knight Riders for three years - 2011, 12, 13.
http://www.ipl-schedule.com/529-shak...at-425000.html.
Shakib gets $141K Per Annum from IPL (It lasts a month? Nonetheless that's what he'll get)

The PCA has set the minimum wage at about 24K Pounds per year. http://www.thepca.co.uk/minimum_wages.html
Some high class players can get upto 40K pounds.
A dated forum entry states 45K here http://world-a-team.com/england-cric...rs-salary.html.
Compounding at3% per annum for 3 years (at $1.55=1 BGP):
County pays at most $76K per annum. (If he is there for three months then he will get $19K - but three months is too long for him, but maybe when he is off. He will learn more playing County FC then Domestic BD.

Which would be less than IPL for Shak.

From 2010 publication BD pays 108K taka monthly (A+) = $18K per annum.
(http://www.blogymate.com/post.aspx?B...o-be-Increased)
BD pays for A+ $18K Per Annum
Old January 1, 2012, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I did some googling, Shakib got a contract of $425000 for three years with Kolkata Knight Riders for three years - 2011, 12, 13.
Shakib gets $141K Per Annum from IPL

The PCA has set the minimum wage at about 24K Pounds per year. http://www.thepca.co.uk/minimum_wages.html
A dated forum entry states 45K here http://world-a-team.com/england-cric...rs-salary.html.
County pays at most $76K per annum.

here you go .. county pays more than his country and that's what I meant .. sooo he is not going after money only. Thank you for finding the info .
Old January 1, 2012, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

^^ yes, but you must take standard of living into consideration. The forum linked above - states that it is pittance in England - especially for a star. And, oh, one more thing - I didn't just find it. I had to correlate and calculate as well.
Old January 1, 2012, 06:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Sakib got four 4W haules, unlucky that he couldn't convert one to a 5w, but I blve he wil inshallah
btw, will there be any rivalry between Kallis & Sakib when they will share the dressing room again for KKR.?
Old January 1, 2012, 06:36 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

i LOVE you Shakib!
Old January 1, 2012, 06:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^^ yes, but you must take standard of living into consideration. The forum linked above - states that it is pittance in England - especially for a star. And, oh, one more thing - I didn't just find it. I had to correlate and calculate as well.
Ya you are right but Shakib doesn't stay in New Road. He comes back right after the season ends. So itz like staying in BD but getting salary in $$ . If he was after money he could have easily left the country and settle in England to earn those big bucks in county . Anyways I know you love Shakib too so no point in arguing. It's just I don't think Shakib cares for money as much. If he did he had numerous options to earn that. Also I don't think going after money is wrong. We all do. We always go for a better opportunity and better salary. Cricket is their profession and they have the right to make a choice for their life. But yes you have to be ethical at the same time and so far Shakib is fine in that regard.

"And, oh, one more thing - I didn't just find it. I had to correlate and calculate as well. "
2 words- Great job
Old January 1, 2012, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Sakib got four 4W haules, unlucky that he couldn't convert one to a 5w, but I blve he wil inshallah
btw, will there be any rivalry between Kallis & Sakib when they will share the dressing room again for KKR.?
If that happens then it will solely come from Kallis. I don't like Kallis as much. He looks selfish and he is not a good team player. Remember whenever Shakib got a wicket the whole KKR team including Lee, Gambhir, Tendo would come to celebrate with him, but I have never seen Kallis appreciating his work. Kallis didn't even give him the ball for full 4 overs.

Shakib doesn't have that attitude. I have seen him getting overly excited whenever Razzak or Sunny or Nasir or Riyad (his closest rivals in the team )got wickets.

Healthy competition is always good and I hope he experiences that in the KKR dressing room.
Old January 1, 2012, 07:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
ok I know I have uploaded it earlier but that wasn't a good quality and was not the full version. I found the full video today, so here it is. Enjoy the tribute to our hero .

Brilliant. Thx for the upload
Old January 1, 2012, 09:11 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Shakib gets $141K Per Annum from IPL (It lasts a month? Nonetheless that's what he'll get)

County pays at most $76K per annum. (If he is there for three months then he will get $19K - but three months is too long for him, but maybe when he is off. He will learn more playing County FC then Domestic BD.

Firstly, I'm not sure if Shakib will be paid $425,000 total over three seasons. I think he'll get paid that sum each season. At least, that was what the New York Times reported but maybe someone could get a better cricketing source?

Secondly, beyond the actual figure, I think we also need to look deeper into the contracts IPL players sign. Before players used to get their stipulated salary, irrespective of their performance or availability. In the new contracts of 2011, like the one Shakib signed, 20% of a player's salary is withheld unless their team qualifies for the Champion's League, 10% is withheld if players fail to uphold promotional requirements and if a player fails to appear for the team regularly in addition to the above, they may only get about 50% of their stipulated salary. (See Source) They would still get paid a handsome sum of money after the deductions but no one likes the idea of potentially losing so much money.
Old January 1, 2012, 09:28 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya

Fantastic video. Can't help but feel proud about his achievements, though I have nothing to do with his success. Thanks for sharing.
Old January 1, 2012, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

http://www.espncricinfo.com/review20...7545.html#cmnt

As expected, no Shakib in crapinfos list. What a joke.
Old January 1, 2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
http://www.espncricinfo.com/review20...7545.html#cmnt

As expected, no Shakib in crapinfos list. What a joke.
Being # 1 is not enough ....
Old January 1, 2012, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

^^
Ekhaney to bojha jai - the difference between stats and opinions. Stats say one thing and Cr@pInfo says one thing. Bandorgula...
Old January 1, 2012, 11:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Firstly, I'm not sure if Shakib will be paid $425,000 total over three seasons. I think he'll get paid that sum each season. At least, that was what the New York Times reported but maybe someone could get a better cricketing source?

Secondly, beyond the actual figure, I think we also need to look deeper into the contracts IPL players sign. Before players used to get their stipulated salary, irrespective of their performance or availability. In the new contracts of 2011, like the one Shakib signed, 20% of a player's salary is withheld unless their team qualifies for the Champion's League, 10% is withheld if players fail to uphold promotional requirements and if a player fails to appear for the team regularly in addition to the above, they may only get about 50% of their stipulated salary. (See Source) They would still get paid a handsome sum of money after the deductions but no one likes the idea of potentially losing so much money.
Thanks Navo Bhai on both points. I initially thought the contract money is distributed over three years from my reference, but NY Times is a solid paper. That was a bold commitment by KKR - good for Shakib!
Old January 2, 2012, 02:12 AM
Cricket Legend

I was reading some older score cards, and Shakib was runout before by Mushy - In 2nd ODI against ZIM, August 2009. Funny how history repeats. There als Shabib was in the 100s when run out by Mushy
Shakib Al Hasan* run out (Williams/†Taylor/Utseya) 104 92 64 9 4 162.50
46.1 Utseya to Mushfiqur Rahim, run-out, tosses it up outside off, Mushfiqur slices it behind point and takes two easily but Shakib is intent to taking three and charges down the pitch but there's no response from his partner who is ball-watching, the throw gets to the keeper who rolls the ball down to the bowler, he takes off the bails to find the Bangladesh captain well short of his ground 293/6
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimvbdes...ch/410338.html
Old January 2, 2012, 08:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Brilliant. Thx for the upload
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Fantastic video. Can't help but feel proud about his achievements, though I have nothing to do with his success. Thanks for sharing.
I feel proud of him too. I wish I could adopt him...ha ha.. What a kid !! His mom is really rotnogorbha !!!
Old January 3, 2012, 08:44 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Click:

Even Larger