facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 3, 2012, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

^^ eita dekhtey to charta monitor lagaitey hobey bhai
Old January 4, 2012, 11:42 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I thought this was quite interesting - Shakib and Enamul Haque Jr are on the list for most five-wicket hauls in a row ever: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/con...ds/283376.html

Both have three but while all of Enamul's came against Zimbabwe in Bangladesh, Shakib's came against South Africa (in South Africa) and Sri Lanka in Dhaka.

Also, Shakib was mentioned on AskSteven yesterday - http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/547748.html
Old January 4, 2012, 05:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

Lovely video. Thanks for sharing
Old January 4, 2012, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I thought this was quite interesting - Shakib and Enamul Haque Jr are on the list for most five-wicket hauls in a row ever: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/con...ds/283376.html

Both have three but while all of Enamul's came against Zimbabwe in Bangladesh, Shakib's came against South Africa (in South Africa) and Sri Lanka in Dhaka.

Also, Shakib was mentioned on AskSteven yesterday - http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/547748.html
Thank you Navo for sharing the stats .. I have also found that Shakib has scored half century in ODIs against all the test playing nations.. he already have 5 wicket haul against all the test playing nations except Zimbabwe (faced only once) and he is yet to score half century against all these countries (Only India and SA left)...
Old January 4, 2012, 07:41 PM
BC Editorial Team

^^ He also doesn't have a 5-wicket haul against Australia. Then again, he's never played against them either!

Shakib has to aim higher - Test centuries against all the other test playing countries as well, just like Kallis!
Old January 4, 2012, 07:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^^ He also doesn't have a 5-wicket haul against Australia. Then again, he's never played against them either!

Shakib has to aim higher - Test centuries against all the other test playing countries as well, just like Kallis!
oh yes, he doesn't have it against Australia .. but I am sure he will get one against them too when he plays.

I agree that he should get century against all the test playing nations (both in ODI and Test) too but can't compare with Kallis as Shakib will never get to play soooo many test matches . But yes he should try in whatever limited chances he get. That's what he has been doing so far. He is holding most of the personal records from BD within just 5 years of his cricket career.
Old January 4, 2012, 08:44 PM
BC Editorial Team

^^ If you look at the number of 5-wicket hauls he has, in the number of innings he's bowled - it's very impressive. I'm not great at Statsguru, but I was wondering how it would be possible to unearth which player got to 9 five-wicket hauls the quickest. If we don't consider pre-World War I players, I think Shakib would be right up there with the absolute legends of the game.
Old January 4, 2012, 11:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^^ If you look at the number of 5-wicket hauls he has, in the number of innings he's bowled - it's very impressive. I'm not great at Statsguru, but I was wondering how it would be possible to unearth which player got to 9 five-wicket hauls the quickest. If we don't consider pre-World War I players, I think Shakib would be right up there with the absolute legends of the game.
I agree with you.. I tried to find out but failed.. I am not good at Statsguru as well .. Hopefully some of the pro of BC will come forward to find it out for us.

I found this one (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/con...ds/283354.html) where you can see that very few players (only 3 in post WW II era) has got 12 or more 5 wicket haul in less than 40 matches. Shakib got 9 five wicket haul in 26 matches. So he should definitely be somewhere on top of the list.
Old January 5, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Shakibs next aim for 2012 should be to convert more 50s in to 100s. He's already been able to convert the 2-3 wk hauls in to 5fers. Now its time to get more 100s. That would not only boost him as a player but it would really help our team as well.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old January 8, 2012, 08:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Interesting facts about Shakib's statistics:
He averages more in Test's than in all First-Class matches he has played (34.68 in Tests, 34.61 First-Class overall).
He averages more in ODI's than in all List A matches he had played (34.67 in ODI's, 32.91 List A overall).
His high scores in both Test's and ODI's are his high scores for List A and First-class games. :P
Old January 8, 2012, 08:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ît's interesting but we all know he is a much better performer in internationals,specially when playing for his country
Old January 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

So Shakib is gonna end up as the lowest paid Icon player and Ash as the highest( Allah amare ei chheletar kopal dila na kan??????) !!! what a joke !!!! didn't like the combination of Khulna Royal bengal (chhata) .. they will be at the bottom of the point table... cheap selection !!!

Last edited by oronnya; January 19, 2012 at 09:02 PM..
Old January 19, 2012, 09:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
So Shakib is gonna end up as the lowest paid Icon player and Ash as the highest( Allah amare ei chheletar kopal dila na kan??????) !!! what a joke !!!! didn't like the combination of Khulna Royal bengal (chhata) .. they will be at the bottom of the point table... cheap selection !!!
EXACTLY what i was thinking. Khulna had the best domestic players when they started off but after the bidding it looks the worst team. The only good bid was probably Nasir. I can't believe Dhaka is going to pay 700,000 for Afridi and even 5% more for someone like Ashraful. Sylhet was right, some icon players don't deserve the adjusted amount.
Old January 19, 2012, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
EXACTLY what i was thinking. Khulna had the best domestic players when they started off but after the bidding it looks the worst team. The only good bid was probably Nasir. I can't believe Dhaka is going to pay 700,000 for Afridi and even 5% more for someone like Ashraful. Sylhet was right, some icon players don't deserve the adjusted amount.
Ya I know !! They went for both Jayasuriya and Chandeurpaul ... one of them would have been sufficient.. they didn't buy any attacking batsman. Shakib will try to be attacking but then he will fail... Everything will depend on O'Brian then. They got A. Russel, D. Smith, J. Batler !! Couldn't they spent little more money to get Ajmaal or Murali ? Even Roach would have been a good choice.. Then look at the local players.. They got Razzak, Shahadat.. Even Shafiul is not a good choice.. Yeah they got the most expensive bowlers in the team .. should have bid for Rubel/ Nazmul !! None of their batting or bowling dept looks solid. It's just pathetic.Only good choice is Nasir !! Shakib gadha r or team o... ettodin Ash er shathe thekeo kichhu shikhlo na j kemne tk banaite hoi chhoto chal chele !!! Shakib always tries to think outside the box but most of the time it backfires !! Anyways the final will be between Dhaka n CTG !!!
Old January 19, 2012, 11:46 PM
BC Editorial Team

The other teams have purchased big names but those big names won't be around for the vast majority of the matches. (There's a reason why Dirk Nannes went unsold!) Remove the Gayles, Pollards, Ajmals and Afridis and no team looks particularly threatening. In contrast, the pensioners and the young 'uns in this Khulna team have all the time in the world to gel together, as none of them are going anywhere atm.

I want to see Shakib improve as a batsman in this tournament.
Old January 20, 2012, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

nope, shakib highest paid. because the rule has been changed to 5% more than the highest paid local player and since nasir was the most expensive 1, shak will get $210 000
Old January 20, 2012, 11:19 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

^^finally some justice for shakib
Old January 20, 2012, 11:26 AM
BC Editorial Team

wait, does Shakib alone get $210,000 because Nasir is in his team's squad or do all the icons get the same amount of $210,000?
Old January 20, 2012, 11:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
^^finally some justice for shakib
He was going to get that anyway. But the other icons will also get the same as him. (source News)
Old January 20, 2012, 12:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Source plz?
Old January 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
Afridi is there for marketing reasons. If Dhaka wins the title then he would represent in Champions league. For the BPL, he may not play more than 2 games because of his intl commitment. Depending on the # of games he may get very little of the said amount. If the rule is 5% over the highest paid player for the icon players, then Ash wouldn't get much. On the other hand, Shak would make enough to cover take Ash's salary.
Old January 21, 2012, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Still it's not fair !!! Ash/Kapali/SN getting the same amount as Shakib ??? Funny indeed !!

Ash tried to be too smart by picking Afridi but now he is like " Mor lonse o gelo sponse o gelo " !!!
Old January 21, 2012, 06:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Still it's not fair !!! Ash/Kapali/SN getting the same amount as Shakib ??? Funny indeed !!

Ash tried to be too smart by picking Afridi but now he is like " Mor lonse o gelo sponse o gelo " !!!
life is not fair overall u know.
Old January 21, 2012, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
life is not fair overall u know.
Sad but true
Old January 21, 2012, 12:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Afridi is there for marketing reasons. If Dhaka wins the title then he would represent in Champions league. For the BPL, he may not play more than 2 games because of his intl commitment. Depending on the # of games he may get very little of the said amount. If the rule is 5% over the highest paid player for the icon players, then Ash wouldn't get much. On the other hand, Shak would make enough to cover take Ash's salary.
Actually i came to realize that later after seeing a facebook post. Chris Gayle would only be available to play 2 games so the money he is going to get is going to substantially lower than the actual bid. Also, they have changed that "5% more" rule for the icon players.