facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2012, 01:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

im happy with the way shakib, tamim and nasir performed. they batted well and all of them fielded well, even tamim saved at least 10 runs in the field.

I think everyone in the team played with determination, not at a moment did they looked down. When pak was 135-0, our fielders still didnt give them a chance. We didnt drop any easy catch, exc that catch in the final over.
Old March 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Please, please restrain your praise. It's just the beginning of the tournament. Let's hope that a lot of the positives from the last match are carried on to the next one - without replicating the mistakes. That includes Shakib's recent batting form.
Kotha shotto ... amra je haare proshongsha korchhi dekha jabe next match ei she chorom flop.. tokhon Shakib abar gonoshotru te porinoto hobe ... or ekhono nijeke prove kora baki.. oke amader jonno arro beshi match winning performance dekhate hobe only then the world will recognize him as one of the great.. dekha jaak she kotdur nijeke chhariye jete pare

Last edited by oronnya; March 12, 2012 at 06:10 PM..
Old March 12, 2012, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Please, please restrain your praise. It's just the beginning of the tournament. Let's hope that a lot of the positives from the last match are carried on to the next one - without replicating the mistakes. That includes Shakib's recent batting form.
just the beginning? weve got 2 matches left.

In this year BD will play very few matches and we need to make the most of each match, i wanna see BD with a good number of wins..and so far BD has been pathetic

I see some positives but positives like this, didnt, isnt, and never will win us the match.

Weve never beaten Aus for 7 years, weve not beaten Ind and SA for 5 years. Pak for 13 years and so on.
Old March 12, 2012, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

pa
Old March 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Ami oi akashta chhute chai !!!

kintu
Old March 12, 2012, 11:05 PM
Cricket Legend

that is a sad sad picture. it his effort that makes it sad - sometimes a reward must come, but so far tragic. but effort keeps going with him.
Old March 12, 2012, 11:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

^ That is the sign of a true champion. No matter what he never stops trying, and I hope it will stay like that for a long long time.
Old March 12, 2012, 11:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
that is a sad sad picture. it his effort that makes it sad - sometimes a reward must come, but so far tragic. but effort keeps going with him.
Yeah !!! Judhhe porajito ek bir !!!

I really hope one of his dream comes true during his cricket life.. that is to take Bangladesh to the top 5 (he mentioned it in one of his interviews)... His team mates can help him achieve it... that will be the best gift they can offer to this hero !!!
Old March 13, 2012, 12:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Nice to see accolades are being showered upon Shakib from all corners. As Shuridh pointed out, not so long ago, just after the Zim series, people, that includes some members in BC as well, were tearing him apart with the allegation of destroying the team harmony despite his better than decent performances. He was accused of abusing his power in dropping Ashraful. His behaviour, committment and lack of humility were questioned.

Good to see he has managed to convert those critics in to believers as well. Now I'm a little concerned to see the abundance of praise. The bubble of expectation is balooning exponentially everyday and it's going to burst at some stage. I just hope people show the same sort of support and love for him when the going gets tough, beacuse you should know by now what the man is capable of.
Old March 13, 2012, 12:32 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Nice to see accolades are being showered upon Shakib from all corners. As Shuridh pointed out, not so long ago, just after the Zim series, people, that includes some members in BC as well, were tearing him apart with the allegation of destroying the team harmony despite his better than decent performances. He was accused of abusing his power in dropping Ashraful. His behaviour, committment and lack of humility were questioned.

Good to see he has managed to convert those critics in to believers as well. Now I'm a little concerned to see the abundance of praise. The bubble of expectation is balooning exponentially everyday and it's going to burst at some stage. I just hope people show the same sort of support and love for him when the going gets tough, beacuse you should know by now what the man is capable of.
Shetai. Tinshor age etto ki? Sochin 200 kore odi e, koi o to parlo na. Or as my parents eloquently sometimes put when you get 99/100, 1 nombor mark bhul holo kano?

Charshor age (i mean odi) kono kotha shunte chai na.
Old March 13, 2012, 12:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Shetai. Tinshor age etto ki? Sochin 200 kore odi e, koi o to parlo na. Or as my parents eloquently sometimes put when you get 99/100, 1 nombor mark bhul holo kano?

Charshor age (i mean odi) kono kotha shunte chai na.
Dhur, apnar expectation to onek kom..ami to thik korsi, ODI te same match e nidenpokkhe 300 r bowling e 7 wkt na nile r Shakib er proshongshai korbo na.
Old March 13, 2012, 01:07 AM
MLC World Series I

This is what Shakib had to say on Twitter after the match.

Old March 13, 2012, 01:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun

Is this his real account? Or is it some one pretending to be Shakib?
Old March 13, 2012, 01:27 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Is this his real account? Or is it some one pretending to be Shakib?
I guess it's him, because the Worcestershire & KKR twitter handles refer to this account in their tweets. And I've seen a couple of times when Doeschate & Nial O' Brien also mentioned Shakib in their tweets using this handle.
Old March 13, 2012, 04:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Old March 13, 2012, 04:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
I think it should me more like:

Why am I so much better than all others, I dont wanna be different
Old March 13, 2012, 05:01 AM
Banned

I think youngsters should follow the likes of sakib and tamim and really start thinking about their own performance. Cricket might be a game of 11 players per side but I think it also focuses on individual performance. For example, at times, as a player, you will be alone and you have to fight it out yourself, just like what sakib did despite not being good enough to get his team over the line, unfortunately

I remember siddons talking abt player performance and how important it is. I know team spirit matters a lot but each and every player have to have some personal goals and provide some extra service to their team(I dont mean carrying drinks). And its a combination of Strong individual players that make a strong team, a strong team doesnt make the players strong with their owns fields.
Old March 13, 2012, 02:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Northants eye Shakib signing

George Dobell
March 13, 2012

Shakib Al Hasan, the Bangladesh allrounder, is among the candidates shortlisted to be Northamptonshire's second overseas player in this summer's Friends Life t20 competition.

Shakib, the 24-year-old left-arm spinner who is currently rated as the world's best allrounder in the ICC's Test rankings, has previously enjoyed two successful spells at Worcestershire. He took 42 first-class wickets at an average of 21.66 in just nine games for the club in 2010, while in 2011 he played 12 T20 games, averaging 9.16 with the bat. He proved a potent bowler, however, claiming 19 wickets at 16.57 apiece and conceding an average of 6.84 runs an over.

"He is one of three or four overseas players we are considering," David Capel, Northamptonshire's director of cricket, said. "But it would be premature to say he is definitely coming." Northamptonshire have already secured the services of Chaminda Vaas as one of their overseas players for 2012.

While Northants were obliged to cancel their plans for an overseas tour of South Africa due to financial constraints, it is understood that a couple of private sponsors have emerged to cover the costs of a second overseas player.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...tml?CMP=chrome
Old March 13, 2012, 04:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^ Lets hope he gets all clear by BCB and signs for Northants. If Northants does not someone else will .
Old March 13, 2012, 05:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Shakib is our best and all time best BD player so far, No doubt about it. But it would be good for him, if we fans stop doing some un balanced praises. He is far away from being a great or being amongst the all time greats.

He has failed to finish a game in almost all the occasions he had an opportunity against good teams.
He doesn't know how to play with the tail.
He hasn't been very effective with the ball against Pakistan.

Well he played a good knock with bat, but his communication with Nasir or the other end was poor. After hitting two boundaries, he should have walked down to Nasir. That would have helped Nasir to be more sensible and not lose focus. That's what all good players do when they play for the team. You will see these things in every team, specially very vivid in Ind, Aus and Pak. To make things worse, he took a wrong single on the first ball of 48th over, while number 11 is with him.

While he deserves praises but most of the fans are getting over board with it in recent days. Even some guys were saying that had he been in Ind team, SRT wouldn't be called a G... etc etc. That's audacious to compare him with SRT, that's crazy. He has shown his promises and needs to go a long way to be counted amongst the all time greats of cricket. Most importantly, he has to learn to finish matches and be able to communicate with the other end to take the team to the finishing line.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old March 13, 2012, 05:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun

What will Razzak Tweet?

Ish Shakib ta keno je match sesh korte parlo na, aie chintai amar ghum haram
Old March 13, 2012, 05:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
What will Razzak Tweet?

Ish Shakib ta keno je match sesh korte parlo na, aie chintai amar ghum haram
I think entire team could copy and paste Shakib's statement and all look like him.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old March 13, 2012, 06:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Shakib is our best and all time best BD player so far, No doubt about it. But it would be good for him, if we fans stop doing some un balanced praises. He is far away from being a great or being amongst the all time greats.

He has failed to finish a game in almost all the occasions he had an opportunity against good teams.He doesn't know how to play with the tail.
He hasn't been very effective with the ball against Pakistan.

Well he played a good knock with bat, but his communication with Nasir or the other end was poor. After hitting two boundaries, he should have walked down to Nasir. That would have helped Nasir to be more sensible and not lose focus. That's what all good players do when they play for the team. You will see these things in every team, specially very vivid in Ind, Aus and Pak. To make things worse, he took a wrong single on the first ball of 48th over, while number 11 is with him.

While he deserves praises but most of the fans are getting over board with it in recent days. Even some guys were saying that had he been in Ind team, SRT wouldn't be called a G... etc etc. That's audacious to compare him with SRT, that's crazy. He has shown his promises and needs to go a long way to be counted amongst the all time greats of cricket. Most importantly, he has to learn to finish matches and be able to communicate with the other end to take the team to the finishing line.
And he had to finish the game all by himself??? So he will have to score runs even for the batsman at the other end ?? Is it his fault that he didn't get the minimum support when all they needed was 35 off 35 ball .. All they had to do is to take singles.. But both Mash and Raz wanted to hit sixes .. that was not at all sensible.. You don't win matches with only one player.. Yes he took a wrong single on the 48th over (even he was dissapointed with that mistake) but if he didn't take it when the single was there everyone would call him selfish that he doesn't have faith on the tailenders .. or he is trying to protect them bla bla ( yes people has already complained about it that rather than protecting the tailenders he shuld've let them play) ... ekhon bhul dhorte gele to kotto bhul e dhora jai... je oikhane omon poristhitite dariye khelchhe she e jane kotto hajar calculation er modhho diye take jete hoi...

I don't consider him as talented as SRT or Imran or Akram but he is doing terrific with his very limited talent and without any kind of support from his team mates.. Credit should be given where it is due..

About the success rate against good teams- how many times a year does he get a chance to face a good team??? may be once every year.. that's it.. Experience is what make someone perfect or near perfect.. If you don't want to consider him as one of the greats then it's fine as it doesn't matter what we think about him... we could call him a superhero today but he could end up as a superzero tomorrow.. It's him who will have to prove himself over and over again in order to be called as one of the greats.. Let's see how far he can go.. But please stop blaming him for a defeat when the other 10 player also have to be equally responsible to fulfill their duty properly.. The day when the whole team will start to contribute at the same rate, we will start winning matches regularly..
Old March 13, 2012, 06:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
And he had to finish the game all by himself??? So he will have to score runs even for the batsman at the other end ?? Is it his fault that he didn't get the minimum support when all they needed was 35 off 35 ball .. All they had to do is to take singles.. But both Mash and Raz wanted to hit sixes .. that was not at all sensible.. You don't win matches with only one player.. Yes he took a wrong single on the 48th over (even he was dissapointed with that mistake) but if he didn't take it when the single was there everyone would call him selfish that he doesn't have faith on the tailenders .. or he is trying to protect them bla bla ( yes people has already complained about it that rather than protecting the tailenders he shuld've let them play) ... ekhon bhul dhorte gele to kotto bhul e dhora jai... je oikhane omon poristhitite dariye khelchhe she e jane kotto hajar calculation er modhho diye take jete hoi...

I don't consider him as talented as SRT or Imran or Akram but he is doing terrific with his very limited talent and without any kind of support from his team mates.. Credit should be given where it is due..

About the success rate against good teams- how many times a year does he get a chance to face a good team??? may be once every year.. that's it.. Experience is what make someone perfect or near perfect.. If you don't want to consider him as one of the greats then it's fine as it doesn't matter what we think about him... we could call him a superhero today but he could end up as a superzero tomorrow.. It's him who will have to prove himself over and over again in order to be called as one of the greats.. Let's see how far he can go.. But please stop blaming him for a defeat when the other 10 player also have to be equally responsible to fulfill their duty properly.. The day when the whole team will start to contribute at the same rate, we will start winning matches regularly..
I understand your emotions, but please try to see mistakes of someone you like, if you really like. I haven't blamed him for the loss, I pointed out at the things which he needs to overcome to be in line with being great.

See some of the matches of Miandan or Imran or Inzi when they have batted with the tail, you will know what Shakib could have done.

But as an individual, he definitely has done his job... But thats not a compelling performance to go overboard with praises for him and call him a great of all times etc etc. A long way to go. Yet he is the best we have. Relax, I love him too.
Old March 13, 2012, 06:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

He has failed to finish a game in almost all the occasions he had an opportunity against good teams.
He doesn't know how to play with the tail.
I have a bad memory so pls give me some examples /.