facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2012, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Simple as, he doesnt talk to them. Did you see Shakib talking to Razzaque or Mashrafee? he was standing there and expected that its given what he wants. If you really want to lead and become a winner like Imran Khan ( who intentially run out Aaqib Javed(?) to have Wasim come over but told the batsman prior to his action) or like Inzamam/Dhoni/Mahela who are always talking to his batsmen during the final overs on tight matches,,, you would know what BANFAN is talking about.

Yes, Shakib proved he is above and beyond the rest of the gang but when you are batting with tail-enders, you have to talk to them and give them the confidence/instructions on what the plan is, that separates him from the greats and match finisher!!
Old March 13, 2012, 07:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^^ On the other hand, it's not as if Mashrafe or Razzak are debutants who need to be told everything!
Old March 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
BC Editorial Team

Pity he's not going back to Worc. He had a good thing going there.
Old March 13, 2012, 09:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Simple as, he doesnt talk to them. Did you see Shakib talking to Razzaque or Mashrafee? he was standing there and expected that its given what he wants. If you really want to lead and become a winner like Imran Khan ( who intentially run out Aaqib Javed(?) to have Wasim come over but told the batsman prior to his action) or like Inzamam/Dhoni/Mahela who are always talking to his batsmen during the final overs on tight matches,,, you would know what BANFAN is talking about.

Yes, Shakib proved he is above and beyond the rest of the gang but when you are batting with tail-enders, you have to talk to them and give them the confidence/instructions on what the plan is, that separates him from the greats and match finisher!!
rajaq,mortoza are way senior than shakib.they are not a debutant player.they are not some young player who needs advise.stop blaming shakib for everything.your rajjaq,mortoza know what they should have done.but its their fault.
some people tries to dignify a man's few knock in 2005,2007 and over looks his mistake but at the same time they try to ignore shakib's consistant allround performance.try to make it less important.2-41 in 10 overs is not effective some people say.64(66)thats not enough.other people get out foolishly but that also his fault.thats call double standerd.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 13, 2012, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues

As if the tail-enders didn't know that.. the plan was simple ... take singles... Mash to article e emon kotto shomojhdarer moto likhe so why couldn't he deliver when it mattered?? Coach ki oder kono instruction diyei pathaini??? nishchoi coach bole dise je oder ki korte hobe tarpor o ki ora shunechhe??? Shakib bolleo kono labh hoto na..amader playerder common sense ta khuub uncommon soo kotha boleo jei lau shei kodu e hoto..
Old March 13, 2012, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

dhuro! Enough of this discussion of something which has happened in the past.....tell me something....no matter how much we discuss/argue will we ever get the chance back? Or can we turn back the time? NO! So let's just all leave it to this and do pray for the upcoming match against India on the 16th of March.

Jago damal/kamal/jamal-ra
Jege uthe dekhiye dao je tomrao jitte paro
Old March 13, 2012, 10:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I understand your emotions, but please try to see mistakes of someone you like, if you really like. I haven't blamed him for the loss, I pointed out at the things which he needs to overcome to be in line with being great.

See some of the matches of Miandan or Imran or Inzi when they have batted with the tail, you will know what Shakib could have done.

But as an individual, he definitely has done his job... But thats not a compelling performance to go overboard with praises for him and call him a great of all times etc etc. A long way to go. Yet he is the best we have. Relax, I love him too.
Chinta koiren na Shakib bubble next match ei burst hobe .. tokhon alada kore or khutinati bhul dhorte hobe na..diner alor motoi or khutglo dhora porbe.. por por shob match e to r tar herogiri cholbe na..

As I said Shakib is no SRT/Lara/Murali/Imran/Akram .. He plays a very simple game.. But what makes him extraordinary is he tries to go beyond his limitations with each passing game.. Anyways, ashole amra to khali herei jai tai Shakib er ettu adhtu birotto dekhe amra apluto hoye pori.. dube jawa manusher khor kuto akre dhore bachar moto obostha r ki.. amrao bolte pari je amader o ekjon achhe je kina prithibir tabot sherader shathe palla diye cholte pare..
Old March 13, 2012, 11:18 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

One day I would really like to so see shakib coming to the crease when 39 runs are required off 39 balls. I would like to see the other batsman taking the game that close on their own. Most of the time shakib has had to do damage control and keep us in the game. He never really got games where we were 200 for 2 and he came to the crease. We will win more matches if the rest of the players can take the game within striking distance and let shak and nasir finish the job.
Old March 14, 2012, 12:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Shakib is our best and all time best BD player so far, No doubt about it. But it would be good for him, if we fans stop doing some un balanced praises. He is far away from being a great or being amongst the all time greats.

He has failed to finish a game in almost all the occasions he had an opportunity against good teams.
He doesn't know how to play with the tail.
He hasn't been very effective with the ball against Pakistan.

Well he played a good knock with bat, but his communication with Nasir or the other end was poor. After hitting two boundaries, he should have walked down to Nasir. That would have helped Nasir to be more sensible and not lose focus. That's what all good players do when they play for the team. You will see these things in every team, specially very vivid in Ind, Aus and Pak. To make things worse, he took a wrong single on the first ball of 48th over, while number 11 is with him.

While he deserves praises but most of the fans are getting over board with it in recent days. Even some guys were saying that had he been in Ind team, SRT wouldn't be called a G... etc etc. That's audacious to compare him with SRT, that's crazy. He has shown his promises and needs to go a long way to be counted amongst the all time greats of cricket. Most importantly, he has to learn to finish matches and be able to communicate with the other end to take the team to the finishing line.
Bhai, while I agree with you that Shakib has a long way to go (he still has about 10 years of career ahead of him) before he can be compared to the all time greats like SRT, I have to say that I can't agree with you that he was in any way responsible for last match's late order collapse.
I want to discuss a couple of points.

"After hitting two boundaries, he should have walked down to Nasir"

First of all, Nasir didn't get out trying to hit a third boundary. He simply got undone by a good delivery which could've happened to him even if Shakib talked to him. Moreover, Nasir was on 47 and playing sensibly. There was no need for Shakib to talk to him after every boundary.

"To make things worse, he took a wrong single on the first ball of 48th over, while number 11 is with him"

When he started running he thought there was two. He didn't take a single intentionally on the first ball as you are suggesting.
He talked to No 11 Shahadat which he didn't do with Mashrafee and Razzak, because both of them were very experienced and at some stage of their career known for their somewhat useful batting skills.
And about protecting the tail enders, there was a certain Steve Waugh who didn't believe in it. I'm not saying Shakib followed Steve and exposed them. He had enough faith on Mash and Razzak and with Shahadat, it just didn't go according to the plan.

I think at least for the last game you cannot blame him for lack of communication and not finishing it off.
Old March 14, 2012, 12:33 AM

Guys there is no point going gaga on ONE SHAKIB, if we have couple of more of his standard .. no one would doing such 'feel good' on Shakib here.
Old March 14, 2012, 12:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Guys there is no point going gaga on ONE SHAKIB, if we have couple of more of his standard .. no one would doing such 'feel good' on Shakib here.
may be.but look at pak team.they have many world class fan.still pak fan going gaga on one afridi

Old March 14, 2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuridh
may be.but look at pak team.they have many world class fan.still pak fan going gaga on one afridi

So what?
Old March 14, 2012, 04:51 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
I understand your emotions, but please try to see mistakes of someone you like
Bhai when are you going to see mistakes of Ashraful?

hehe relax i am just messing with you

Last edited by Night_wolf; March 14, 2012 at 08:09 AM..
Old March 14, 2012, 05:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
I understand your emotions, but please try to see mistakes of someone you like, if you really like. I haven't blamed him for the loss, I pointed out at the things which he needs to overcome to be in line with being great.

See some of the matches of Miandan or Imran or Inzi when they have batted with the tail, you will know what Shakib could have done.

But as an individual, he definitely has done his job... But thats not a compelling performance to go overboard with praises for him and call him a great of all times etc etc. A long way to go. Yet he is the best we have. Relax, I love him too.
The guyz you mentioned should have understood the situation. It wasnt sakibs duty to go an tell that you have to do this. Its not that these guy chew lollipops that they need to be told what to do. Any other mature cricketer wouldve been solid and let sakib dominate, emulating shafiul in that rare ocassion in WC wont help, besides, shafi had to hit the ball because lullah would anyways ensure that BD bats out the match without winning

When players run between the wicket, they have some sort of sense which tells them whether there is a run or 2/3.

Either you know what your doing or you are just another dumb person, this should be said to our so called passionate cricketers
Old March 14, 2012, 05:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
So what?
if there has other world class player in bd.people will still going gaga over shakib.pakistan has many world class player.still they going gaga over afridi.

Old March 14, 2012, 05:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Bhai when are going to see mistakes of Ashraful?

i also have the same question.great sir ash's big big fault never mentioned in his post.

Old March 14, 2012, 08:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...tml?CMP=chrome
Old March 14, 2012, 08:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

"As an Englishman got to admit that Shakib is one awesome player, his record speaks for itself and still he's only 24. Its just a shame he's in a team that can't win consistently. Bangladesh should be lucky to have such a player and he and his team mates have the talent but need to learn the art of"Winning"."---an Englishman in cricinfo.
Old March 14, 2012, 11:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
LOL. Nekre miya jaiga moto gulli marso
Old March 14, 2012, 11:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:

I said it 10 years Back, even when he was the best in the team. Like Today's Shak..... and if you try to do any tweaking with Shakib today and mess with him, you are going tondislike me.... just as you do for supporting Ash...

No worries yet...
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; March 15, 2012 at 07:36 AM..
Old March 14, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
"As an Englishman got to admit that Shakib is one awesome player, his record speaks for itself and still he's only 24. Its just a shame he's in a team that can't win consistently. Bangladesh should be lucky to have such a player and he and his team mates have the talent but need to learn the art of"Winning"."---an Englishman in cricinfo.
Hahaha... That Englishman needs some education I guess.

There were two fifties and two near fifties with bat.... And initial breakthrough was provided by the highest wicket taker of the team, who wasn't Shakib.... So, if all the 11 would be able to hit fifties in a match against Pak, that wouldn't be today's BD team and Shak would just be a common member of that team and not claim to be amongst the greats.

But We are definitely lucky to have Shakb and Shakb is lucky to be in BD team. We like to see hm achieve greater feats... By performing for victory not for honorable defeat. That would put Jim in line with greats...if someone else has to do the winning, then he will be greater thames Shakb and I won't mind to have few more of them n the team. And then I won't have to talk about Shakib.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old March 14, 2012, 12:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Wait, someone actually blaming Shak?
Old March 14, 2012, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'd like to reply to BANFAN's post, but I don't even know where to start. I thought it was some n00b, but when I looked at the user id, I'll be honest, I was really surprised.
Old March 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I'd like to reply to BANFAN's post, but I don't even know where to start. I thought it was some n00b, but when I looked at the user id, I'll be honest, I was really surprised.
don't be surprised .... I stop arguing with him about Shak and Ash loooong time ago .......
Old March 14, 2012, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

When he doesn't perform- we are like "Why didn't he perform , if he performed we would have won".. Now when he performs -the question is "why didn't he do little more then we could've won" .. In future IF he manages to perform even better that is to say scoring 100s and taking 5 wicket hauls in every single match and still we lose the blame will still go to Shakib.. at that point people will say Shakib was not successful in motivating the young cricketers to play better or he didn't give them proper advice.. he is selfish.. all he care is about his own achievement.. and this trend will continue.. and to tell you the truth WE SUCJK.. Shakib too.. WE WILL NEVER WIN and SHAKIB WILL NEVER BE A LEGEND...The sooner we accept the fact the better we will feel..