facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2012, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

PA

Cute pic, just like old times.
Old March 14, 2012, 07:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Bhai when are you going to see mistakes of Ashraful?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I saw it 10 years Back, even when he was the best in the team. Like Today's Shak..... and if you try to do any tweaking with Shakib today and mess with him, you are going tondislike me.... just as you do for supporting Ash...

No worries yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I'd like to reply to BANFAN's post, but I don't even know where to start. I thought it was some n00b, but when I looked at the user id, I'll be honest, I was really surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riad
don't be surprised .... I stop arguing with him about Shak and Ash loooong time ago .......
hehe...argue with BANFAN vhai about Shakib and Ashraful...forget about it!
...BANFAN vhai vs Orayanna di ---> chaliye jan apnara!
Old March 14, 2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Wait, someone actually blaming Shak?
Yes! I am!!

To become the best, you have to win matches.
To become Tendu, you have to score hundreads of tons.

Bangladesh needs a match winner to be amongst the elits NOT a Tendu.
(Yes, I am a Tendu fan!!!)
Old March 14, 2012, 08:42 PM
Cricket Guru

March 16, we have to play our best...I am not sure what's happening in the mind of our players...last time when they faced Ind, they were confident but first 15 overs totally took them away from the game...this can't happen this time...hope Shakib will give the break through and someone really need to back him up otherwise IND will crush us.
Old March 14, 2012, 09:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
I saw it 10 years Back, even when he was the best in the team. Like Today's Shak..... and if you try to do any tweaking with Shakib today and mess with him, you are going tondislike me.... just as you do for supporting Ash...

No worries yet...
Wait, are you saying Ash at some point in his career did what Shakib has been doing for the last 4 years? Ash was never the best player in the team. It was either HaBa, Rafique or Mortuza. Ash was always the next big thing, but never became the big thing. You cannot call a player the best in the team who only used to play Eid innings - two innings every year. We still had to rely on other players even to take us to honorable defeat back then.
Old March 14, 2012, 09:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
When he doesn't perform- we are like "Why didn't he perform , if he performed we would have won".. Now when he performs -the question is "why didn't he do little more then we could've won" .. In future IF he manages to perform even better that is to say scoring 100s and taking 5 wicket hauls in every single match and still we lose the blame will still go to Shakib.. at that point people will say Shakib was not successful in motivating the young cricketers to play better or he didn't give them proper advice.. he is selfish.. all he care is about his own achievement.. and this trend will continue.. and to tell you the truth WE SUCJK.. Shakib too.. WE WILL NEVER WIN and SHAKIB WILL NEVER BE A LEGEND...The sooner we accept the fact the better we will feel..
I think that would definitely make Banfan feel better
Old March 14, 2012, 10:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Wait, are you saying Ash at some point in his career did what Shakib has been doing for the last 4 years? Ash was never the best player in the team. It was either HaBa, Rafique or Mortuza. Ash was always the next big thing, but never became the big thing. You cannot call a player the best in the team who only used to play Eid innings - two innings every year. We still had to rely on other players even to take us to honorable defeat back then.
great post
Old March 15, 2012, 02:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed

PA

Cute pic, just like old times.
dhuro. I was about to ost this pic. Dilen to mati kore...anyways, no worries
Old March 15, 2012, 02:18 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I just hate how these newspapers screw with the images. Post of the images look very limey.
Old March 15, 2012, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend

what do you mean by that?
Old March 15, 2012, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
He has failed to finish a game in almost all the occasions he had an opportunity against good teams.
I'm sorry am I reading this right? Which are the other similar circumstances where he couldn't "finish off"?

Quote:
He doesn't know how to play with the tail.
If Razzak and Mashrafe can't even properly negotiate over without the retarded wild slogs, not his problem - and he played well with Shahadat, except that he made an error in judgment with the single and was clearly pissed off about it.

Quote:
He hasn't been very effective with the ball against Pakistan.
Okay this must be clearly a joke - he created opportunities during every spell of his - bowled almost all his overs during powerplays and still ended up as the most economic bowler of the lot with 2 massive wickets of Akmal and Afridi. I don't exactly know what your definition of "effectiveness" is exactly?
Old March 15, 2012, 03:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Yeah let's blame Shakib for not winning the match single handedly. Tell you what, get rid of the few well known match losers first. Then we'll talk.
Old March 15, 2012, 05:24 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

cricket is by no means a 1 man show nowadays. You need each and every player to contribute. 10- runs are absolutely unacceptable

We need to accept reality and each and every 1 of our players need to fire consistantly other wise I want light scars on their back
Old March 15, 2012, 05:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
cricket is by no means a 1 man show nowadays. You need each and every player to contribute. 10- runs are absolutely unacceptable

We need to accept reality and each and every 1 of our players need to fire consistantly other wise I want light scars on their back
Unless your Chris Gayle

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 15, 2012, 05:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Unless your Chris Gayle

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Or 120 runer inningser poro DG jite nai

Ar SR er shonge Shehzader support chilo ar bowling bhalo korsilo ora

Its a team game, even gayle cant do it alone
Old March 15, 2012, 06:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

bhaloi jhor tufan badol boye jacche mone hocche !

All i want to say, comparing Shakib with Ash, is an insult to Shakib. Ash is no near to Shakib in terms of performance (compare stats). May be Shakib is not as talented as Ash, but he is a performer who knows his limitations and plays accordingly whereas Ash is totally confused regarding his weaknesses, strengths but wants to play like Viv Richards.
Old March 15, 2012, 07:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I'd like to reply to BANFAN's post, but I don't even know where to start. I thought it was some n00b, but when I looked at the user id, I'll be honest, I was really surprised.
My god you are so intelligent that you even knew where to look....
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old March 15, 2012, 07:42 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Or 120 runer inningser poro DG jite nai

Ar SR er shonge Shehzader support chilo ar bowling bhalo korsilo ora

Its a team game, even gayle cant do it alone
totally agree...one man cant win the game..its a team game

one can only do 70%...30% has to come from others..i dont think in cricket history any man has won the match doing 100% work

Shakib sometimes does more then 80%...but amader gadhara 20% o korte to parei na majhe majhe 20% akam kore shakib er 80% kajer barota bajay day
Old March 15, 2012, 07:58 AM
Banned

^^^^

Shakib scored only 25 % with bat

So what you need is 4-5 other players having the same contribution at sakib. If they play well theyll earn koti koti taka per year. Our players come from middle class background so they dont seem to have a hunger for money, which may be a good thing but mind you, where good things come, there is money. for example the most successful businessman in the world, are in fact billionare to say the least. Multi billionare wont be a bad thing to say
Old March 15, 2012, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Uffo re...Ash-er shathe ki korte Shakib-er tulona deya hocche...dhetterika!! Ash to hocche phool-er moto pobitro! Shakib-i na hocche joto noshter gora! Jao baba Banfan bhai ebar giye khushite attohara hoye jao.

Ar Oronnya apu ki dorkar re boin?! Ekhon ektushkhani thamen!
Old March 15, 2012, 08:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
I'm sorry am I reading this right? Which are the other similar circumstances where he couldn't "finish off"?

If Razzak and Mashrafe can't even properly negotiate over without the retarded wild slogs, not his problem - and he played well with Shahadat, except that he made an error in judgment with the single and was clearly pissed off about it.

Okay this must be clearly a joke - he created opportunities during every spell of his - bowled almost all his overs during powerplays and still ended up as the most economic bowler of the lot with 2 massive wickets of Akmal and Afridi. I don't exactly know what your definition of "effectiveness" is exactly?
So what's your point?? He couldn't have done better right? None should expect anything more from him right? That's his ultimate capacity what he has done in that match right? And we should jump up claiming that he is the greatest of all ... For that performance??

Read my first post on that match and you will know what I said, if your answers to all the above are positive, you aren't a Shak fan, just you are out to make him and the fans complacent with what he achieved and be happy with it...sorry I had to say that. And for one second I haven't blamed Shakib for that loss, but what I said instead is that, if he could do those he would be among the greats. It was a good performance but I don't find it great from any angle.

So what do you mean, Shakib should never communicate with the tailenders at the other end because they are all professional cricketers? What Imran communicates with Akram it means Akram wasn't a professional, or for that matter Miandad, Inji etc etc many others batted with the tailenders whth the non professional tailenders or they were inferior than Mash and Razzak with bat??

To answer some of the other posts: (Didn't want to waste a post count by answering)

If you are new to Bangladesh cricket then you won't definitely know when Ash was the best in the team. You needed to watch the matches we played since 2001 to find out whe he was the best. Even with his so called eid innings, he was the best with bat for quiet some time.

You can be blind supporting Shakib, but doesn't mean Shakib doesn't deserve his criticism to keep improving. He is the best we have now, but don't try to put everyone on an anti group for criticism. It needs guts and a rational mind to criticize someone you genuinely like. I know as a nation, we are very bad in it. Get over .... And it's your irrational mind always likes to bring in Ash to defend Shakibs criticism. Try to keep arguments on the comments made. If you knew my family or Back ground, some people would even bring that to defend a criticism, such is the culture. So I would request you to please keep it more objective:

Well, if you think that Shakib has done the right thing by not communicating with the tailender, say so and say why.

If you think it would worsen things if Shakib would have walked upto Nasir after hitting two boundaries, say so.

If you think Shahadat bowled worse than Shakib in that match say so

If you think that's what Max Shakib could have done and that performance makes him the greatest cricketer of all time, say so.
---------

When Kapil dev had to score 175 to win the match against Zim in WC 1983, he didn't complain about others not contributing... That made him great... Greats don't complain about others and they do the job themselves to win a match....and those performances makes them great...I'm sure Shakib won't complain being in BD team, coz that gives him much more chance to be a great, but some loser fans started so much of complain and repent him being in BD team, are definitely creating obstacles for Shakib .... To achieve what he is able to and is expected to achieve. Greats need to win matches and we have had good support with bat and ball even in the last match against Pak, for him to do that.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old March 15, 2012, 08:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Uffo re...Ash-er shathe ki korte Shakib-er tulona deya hocche...dhetterika!! Ash to hocche phool-er moto pobitro! Shakib-i na hocche joto noshter gora! Jao baba Banfan bhai ebar giye khushite attohara hoye jao.

Ar Oronnya apu ki dorkar re boin?! Ekhon ektushkhani thamen!
Again, why do you think that will make me happy?? Why do you think, I'm talking Ash Vs Shakib??

Infact you know some people use this Ash card when they run put of words. I hope you aren't one of those... it's not about Ash or Shakib, they are both individual cricketrs of the sqme team and let's talk about them individually. Let's not make them like BNP/BAL. Hope that will be good for all of us. Request all to please get rid of such partisan thinking.

Last edited by BANFAN; March 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM..
Old March 15, 2012, 08:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

To answer some of the other posts: (Didn't want to waste a post count by answering)

If you are new to Bangladesh cricket then you won't definitely know when Ash was the best in the team. You needed to watch the matches we played since 2001 to find out whe he was the best. Even with his so called eid innings, he was the best with bat for quiet some time.

You can be blind supporting Shakib, but doesn't mean Shakib doesn't deserve his criticism to keep improving. He is the best we have now, but don't try to put everyone on an anti group for criticism. It needs guts and a rational mind to criticize someone you genuinely like. I know as a nation, we are very bad in it. Get over .... And it's your irrational mind always likes to bring in Ash to defend Shakibs criticism. Try to keep arguments on the comments made. If you knew my family or Back ground, some people would even bring that to defend a criticism, such is the culture. So I would request you to please keep it more objective:
I feel obliged to respond to the bolded part since I feel these are reply to my post. I was fortunate to watch Ashraful live in the stadium many times during the time you mentioned. So no, I am not new to Bangladesh cricket. I would still maintain my opinion that Ash was not the best batsman in the team, let alone the best performer. The best batsman was Bashar. I remember Bashar used to score so fluently in test matches where as Ashraful used to get bogged down most of the times apart from his Eid innings.

And about bringing in Ashraful to defend Shakib's criticism, let me humbly remind you that this time it was you who brought in Ash. You said, back in time Ash was to the team what Shakib is now.

I understand that you like to think different and may be think yourself as a maverick. But thinking different does not always resemble a rational mind and reflect that one has guts as you have suggested.

I agree with most of your other comments. Yes, Shakib can definitely be better and that's what he should strive for. And yes, he is too early in his career to be called an all time great, but he surely is going that way.
Old March 15, 2012, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Again, why do you think that will make me happy?? Why do you think, I'm talking Ash Vs Shakib??

Infact you know some people use this Ash card when they run put of words. I hope you aren't one of those... it's not about Ash or Shakib, they are both individual cricketrs of the sqme team and let's talk about them individually. Let's not make them like BNP/BAL. Hope that will be good for all of us. Request all to please get read of such partisan thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
I feel obliged to respond to the bolded part since I feel these are reply to my post. I was fortunate to watch Ashraful live in the stadium many times during the time you mentioned. So no, I am not new to Bangladesh cricket. I would still maintain my opinion that Ash was not the best batsman in the team, let alone the best performer. The best batsman was Bashar. I remember Bashar used to score so fluently in test matches where as Ashraful used to get bogged down most of the times apart from his Eid innings.

And about bringing in Ashraful to defend Shakib's criticism, let me humbly remind you that this time it was you who brought in Ash. You said, back in time Ash was to the team what Shakib is now.
I think you got your answer
Old March 15, 2012, 08:57 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
LOL. Nekre miya jaiga moto gulli marso
hehe guli diya to onare futa korte parlam na!..uni to akhon top kaman dagtese