facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 15, 2012, 09:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
hehe guli diya to onare futa korte parlam na!..uni to akhon top kaman dagtese

Bhai HHS. Tobe ekta jinish shikar kortei hobe, Banfan bhai jeita bishshah kore, ekebare shesh muhurto porjonto kore. For example, BPL e BB er khelar shomoy kheyal kortam joto kharap obosthai hok, Banfan boilei jaitese BB jitbe.
I think he would have made a good army officer. No sarcasm/spite intended
Old March 15, 2012, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man

Bhai HHS. Tobe ekta jinish shikar kortei hobe, Banfan bhai jeita bishshah kore, ekebare shesh muhurto porjonto kore. For example, BPL e BB er khelar shomoy kheyal kortam joto kharap obosthai hok, Banfan boilei jaitese BB jitbe.
Old March 15, 2012, 09:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:

same kothai bole Bangladesh team er khelar shomoy. Nischit haar er mukhe kintu bolei jasse ekhono shob shesh hoy nai. He is A die hard fan. At first it used to get on my nerves but now I know he means well..
Old March 15, 2012, 09:15 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
same kothai bole Bangladesh team er khelar shomoy. Nischit haar er mukhe kintu bolei jasse ekhono shob shesh hoy nai. He is A die hard fan. At first it used to get on my nerves but now I know he means well..
yes same here too
Old March 15, 2012, 09:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Exactly..Amio mone kortam sarcastic comment kortese, kintu pore dekhi na bhaijan means well.
Old March 15, 2012, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Quote:
Exactly..Amio mone kortam sarcastic comment kortese, kintu pore dekhi na bhaijan means well.
Afterall, he is "BANFAN"
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old March 15, 2012, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Eto argument ar counter argument poira matha ghurtase. Keu ekta 2 liner summary diya den.

Let me try. If you suck big time, you will be criticized but will have legion of fans defending e.g. Ash. If you do very well, you will be criticized for not doing extremely well e.g. Shak.
Old March 15, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Eto argument ar counter argument poira matha ghurtase. Keu ekta 2 liner summary diya den.
They all end up loving BanFan
Old March 15, 2012, 10:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

my sweetest memory with Banfan bhai is in the "BAnglish" thread.
He supports "Banglish"
Old March 15, 2012, 11:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
I feel obliged to respond to the bolded part since I feel these are reply to my post. I was fortunate to watch Ashraful live in the stadium many times during the time you mentioned. So no, I am not new to Bangladesh cricket. I would still maintain my opinion that Ash was not the best batsman in the team, let alone the best performer. The best batsman was Bashar. I remember Bashar used to score so fluently in test matches where as Ashraful used to get bogged down most of the times apart from his Eid innings.
That's your opinion and but I still think he was. Don't know how many matches Bashar has won playing so fluently.

Quote:
IAnd about bringing in Ashraful to defend Shakib's criticism, let me humbly remind you that this time it was you who brought in Ash. You said, back in time Ash was to the team what Shakib is now.
Again you are assuming, without going through the posts. I never brought him, I responded to someone already brought him in. Or are you thinking different??

Quote:
IAnd I understand that you like to think different and may be think yourself as a maverick. But thinking different does not always resemble a rational mind and reflect that one has guts as you have suggested.
Thanks for your very thoughtful comments. I never consciously think different, I say what comes in mind /what i feel and if that's different what can I do...

Quote:
IAndI agree with most of your other comments. Yes, Shakib can definitely be better and that's what he should strive for. And yes, he is too early in his career to be called an all time great, but he surely is going that way.
He surely is and let him go. Ill be happy like million others.

PS: I'm so happy with my success as a business man.I need no second profession. Focus on your objective and perseverance to achieve that, may often be perceived as being illogical/unidimentional, but that's the key to success. You can always focus on a different thing after you achieve that. I don't like to have 10 start ups at a time, but I can always achieve all 10 of them one by one and manage it all together once it has been organized into system. Call me ekrokha/unidimentional/illogical/Military type as you mean....doesn't bother me, I know what I am...

Simon bhai, I love Banglish ... I'm a bit uncultured/illiterate, some how managed to get a MBA for livelihood .. I love money and I love those who loves money Hope you will understand me better and excuse my uncultured inner self in future.

Night Wolf, Roman, i1PM, Let me tell you something new for the first time; I think we will beat India on 16th ... Shakib will hit a century and Shahadat and Mash will rip them apart... what do you think about that, isn't it something new...???

Cheers.. ...
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; March 15, 2012 at 12:10 PM..
Old March 15, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Bhai, there are two probable outcomes in a match and distantly a third. Well, I like to think of winning until I lose. I know you think the opposite that I have seen in the last match as well, from the beginning, every time a wicket falls you started concluding that uhhh ahhhh we are losing. You may hate my comments of winning in extremely difficult situation, and I hate to think of losing and losing comments until I lose. I hope you get it, I'm not used to losing ... My losing streak starts with BD team ...

Only difference you can make there, by flip-flopping with every boundary or every wicket... I don't like to bring that variation.... And question of sarcasm doesn't come at all on the team that I support, at least during the match. And I'm not so creative or I don't like to be creative on that issue... If it's boring win, I will take it 100 out of 100 times...

Why a positive comment in a difficult situation bothers you ?? I live until I die. I don't like to have thousand deaths before actual death....YES I'm a die hard fan...I don't lose hope till the last ball...unless they need more than 42 to win ...

Zinatf apa... I didn't get my answer, bcoz that was a bad reference ... incorrect NW bhai joked and I replied...., but a few picked it up very seriously .... I know some people lose their senses when they see that name.... and forgets to read further... no worries ... I didn't take any offense to any one's jokes ... I live lighter moments of life here on BC... And I will keep praying for Shakib to be the greatest cricketer on earth...that makes me feel proud too and that will lift our cricket as a whole.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old March 15, 2012, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Zinatf apa... I didn't get my answer, bcoz that was a bad reference ... incorrect NW bhai joked and I replied...., but a few picked it up very seriously .... I know some people lose their senses when they see that name.... and forgets to read further... no worries ... I didn't take any offense to any one's jokes ... I live lighter moments of life here on BC... And I will keep praying for Shakib to be the greatest cricketer on earth...that makes me feel proud too and that will lift our cricket as a whole.
bhai dekhen ami apnar shathe argue moteo korini...ar answer chaoar kotha ami bhalo sense-e porse...tarporeo jodi apnar mone hoye thake tahole I don't have anything to say.

COME ON BD!!! Kalke bhalo kore khel re tora....
Old March 15, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Let Shakib's bat and ball do all the talking..no point in arguing.. IF HE FAILS HE BETTER LEAVE CRICKET !!!
Old March 15, 2012, 12:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Banfan bhai thaima jan. BC te nowadays if you support Ash you don't have rights to criticize Shakib. Whatever you says they will bring Ash to argue with you. That's how they can make arguments.

Ei jonne ekhon BC te o ar ashte temon bhalo lage na. Bangladesher politics amader mon manoshikota shob nosto kore diyeche. AL ke criticize korle bole eta BNP. Ar BNP ke criticize korle bole AL. Ei jonnei pura desher aj ei obostha.

Shakib ke jokhon theke follow kortechi hoito kisu members BD cricket ke o tokhon theke follow kore nai. Most of them started following BD cricket since 2007 WC match against India.
Old March 15, 2012, 01:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Mural bhai, I'm a fan of Shakib and I will love him and criticize him when I feel it's right to do. I don't care for such doladoli....... Why would you leave your team for such stupid attitude of some people? Well you can be with the team, even without being on BC, but some people might miss you here too.

I will remain a fan of all our cricketers and can't allow someone to establish that point ever, that if you support x so you cannot support y.... That's ridiculous.

Oronnya: Yes, let Shakib's bat do all the talking and let his performances take him amongst the greats some day. But let him never give up cricket till he feels it's the right time for him and the team to leave. We need a few more cricketers of his calibre or even better to win regularly and that will end a lot of frustration of the fans and players. Don't ever give up.
Old March 15, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Let's stop this comparing game. The trend of Shak vs Ash, Shak vs Watson/Tendu and others is getting annoying. And bringing Ash into any argument is even more frustrating. Let Shak be Shak and Ash be Ash. They are players and their answer lies in their performances. I think we fight more over them than they themselves do. Sometimes we make a hill out of nothing and act worse than KalerKantho reporters.

Its in our Bengali mentality to compare each and everyone with others. My mother would say "dekh tor cousin ki korse, pasher barir oi eita korse, tui ken paros nah". Ajob toh, if my cousin and my neighbor does something, doesn't mean I am capable or even compelled to do similar things. Everyone is unique. Let them be who they are.

This infighting is not good among the fans. We should stay as a group and support our team no matter what. I blindly support Ash and Shak the same away because they represent my flag, my language, my culture. To me they are all the same.
Old March 15, 2012, 02:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Shakib The Shephard... That was my line!

DS
Old March 15, 2012, 02:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Let's stop this comparing game. The trend of Shak vs Ash, Shak vs Watson/Tendu and others is getting annoying. And bringing Ash into any argument is even more frustrating. Let Shak be Shak and Ash be Ash. They are players and their answer lies in their performances. I think we fight more over them than they themselves do. Sometimes we make a hill out of nothing and act worse than KalerKantho reporters.

Its in our Bengali mentality to compare each and everyone with others. My mother would say "dekh tor cousin ki korse, pasher barir oi eita korse, tui ken paros nah". Ajob toh, if my cousin and my neighbor does something, doesn't mean I am capable or even compelled to do similar things. Everyone is unique. Let them be who they are.

This infighting is not good among the fans. We should stay as a group and support our team no matter what. I blindly support Ash and Shak the same away because they represent my flag, my language, my culture. To me they are all the same.
Old March 15, 2012, 03:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:

An excellent point mufi bro!
---------------------------------------

Here is a nice article:

টেন্ডুলকারের সঙ্গে সাকিব-তামিম
Old March 15, 2012, 04:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

Quote:
So what's your point?? He couldn't have done better right? None should expect anything more from him right? That's his ultimate capacity what he has done in that match right? And we should jump up claiming that he is the greatest of all ... For that performance??

Read my first post on that match and you will know what I said, if your answers to all the above are positive, you aren't a Shak fan, just you are out to make him and the fans complacent with what he achieved and be happy with it...sorry I had to say that. And for one second I haven't blamed Shakib for that loss, but what I said instead is that, if he could do those he would be among the greats. It was a good performance but I don't find it great from any angle.

So what do you mean, Shakib should never communicate with the tailenders at the other end because they are all professional cricketers? What Imran communicates with Akram it means Akram wasn't a professional, or for that matter Miandad, Inji etc etc many others batted with the tailenders whth the non professional tailenders or they were inferior than Mash and Razzak with bat??

To answer some of the other posts: (Didn't want to waste a post count by answering)

If you are new to Bangladesh cricket then you won't definitely know when Ash was the best in the team. You needed to watch the matches we played since 2001 to find out whe he was the best. Even with his so called eid innings, he was the best with bat for quiet some time.

You can be blind supporting Shakib, but doesn't mean Shakib doesn't deserve his criticism to keep improving. He is the best we have now, but don't try to put everyone on an anti group for criticism. It needs guts and a rational mind to criticize someone you genuinely like. I know as a nation, we are very bad in it. Get over .... And it's your irrational mind always likes to bring in Ash to defend Shakibs criticism. Try to keep arguments on the comments made. If you knew my family or Back ground, some people would even bring that to defend a criticism, such is the culture. So I would request you to please keep it more objective:

Well, if you think that Shakib has done the right thing by not communicating with the tailender, say so and say why.

If you think it would worsen things if Shakib would have walked upto Nasir after hitting two boundaries, say so.

If you think Shahadat bowled worse than Shakib in that match say so

If you think that's what Max Shakib could have done and that performance makes him the greatest cricketer of all time, say so.
---------

When Kapil dev had to score 175 to win the match against Zim in WC 1983, he didn't complain about others not contributing... That made him great... Greats don't complain about others and they do the job themselves to win a match....and those performances makes them great...I'm sure Shakib won't complain being in BD team, coz that gives him much more chance to be a great, but some loser fans started so much of complain and repent him being in BD team, are definitely creating obstacles for Shakib .... To achieve what he is able to and is expected to achieve. Greats need to win matches and we have had good support with bat and ball even in the last match against Pak, for him to do that.
bhai apnar ei critisism sir ash er continus flop performancer belay nei keno.apni to sir ash er 0 korleo ok temon kichu bolen na kintu shob shamay shakiber dosh khuje beran.ami onek din theke bc forum er silent member chilam.kokoni apnar poste dekhlam na apni apnar sir ash ke niye harsh kichu bolchen jakhon uni shadorpe slipe catch
practice karan.kintu shakib er pan theke chun khoslei apnar shomlochona shuru. hoye jay.eto purapuri di charita.
Ekhon apnake ekta kara katha boli.the people who keep supporting a player like sir ash avrage 10 in last 2 years and tried to justify his position in the team.who tries to justify ash continus failure in bat by some conspiracy theory and prsent him as victim.who still want to excuse ash crime for his eid knock at 2005 has no moral right to critisise a player like shakib who is only world class player in bd.who unlike ash contribute regulary.who fight like only solider for bd.eta kemon acharon.shobar mukhe shob kotha shova pai na.bhuter mukhe ram naam shova pay na bhai mone rakben kothata.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 15, 2012, 04:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Some interesting stats about shakib

Shakib is the 13th highest run scorer in an individual ground.

He scored 1446 runs at an avg 0f 40+ with SR of 80+ at SBNG.

Leading scorer in a single ground is Jaysuria, 2514 at an avg of 39.67 and sr of 89 at pramadasa, colombo.

By looking at the top 12 batsman, i can proudly say, soon shakib will be at the top just 3 years.!!! Not only that, he will cross 6k+ runs at SBNS before he retire inshallah

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ng;view=ground
Old March 15, 2012, 04:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

Quote:
Mural bhai, I'm a fan of Shakib and I will love him and criticize him when I feel it's right to do. I don't care for such doladoli....... Why would you leave your team for such stupid attitude of some people? Well you can be with the team, even without being on BC, but some people might miss you here too.

I will remain a fan of all our cricketers and can't allow someone to establish that point ever, that if you support x so you cannot support y.... That's ridiculous.

Oronnya: Yes, let Shakib's bat do all the talking and let his performances take him amongst the greats some day. But let him never give up cricket till he feels it's the right time for him and the team to leave. We need a few more cricketers of his calibre or even better to win regularly and that will end a lot of frustration of the fans and players. Don't ever give up.
you are fan of shakib!shocker of the day.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 15, 2012, 05:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Shuridh, all old questions, please go through previous posts if you really need the answers.
Old March 15, 2012, 05:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Why people are getting personal ? Need to have some kitkat break mates !
Old March 15, 2012, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Why people are getting personal ? Need to have some kitkat break mates !
Why Kitkat break??? eh amader kotkoti ase na!!! Have a kotkoti break