facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3876  
Old March 25, 2012, 10:00 AM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
this time worcs wanted a full time oversea player..thats why they went with huges

not a right move if you ask me...full time oversea is ok but should have gone with a clss spinner..it was who took them to Div 1 in 2010 and ajmal who made sure they remain in div 1 in 2011
They already have Ajmal, no? or Ajmal is not playing for them this year?
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #3877  
Old March 25, 2012, 10:08 AM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,514

And Watson just scored a 50. Interesting stats. In 10 more ODI innings than Shakib, Watson has (now) 2 more half centuries and an additional century leaving his current tally (as of the innings he is playing right now) at 27 half centuries and 6 centuries. Yet his batting average is 41.90 (at time of writing) and Shakib's round about 36.

The difference is that when Watson scores runs, he scores LOTS of runs. Plus, there is the 185* against us
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #3878  
Old March 25, 2012, 10:10 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,547

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
They already have Ajmal, no? or Ajmal is not playing for them this year?
no they had huges for this season as the oversea player...and they are trying to get ajmal as the 2nd t20 oversea

Huges will come late in this season for some reason so The South Aus red backs captain will fill in for huges in some matches..i think thats killinger..my spelling is wrong
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #3879  
Old March 25, 2012, 10:13 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
The rankings will be uncomfortably close. Watson is currently 41* and it's just the 19th over. He's had a indifferent series with the bat but he has had a good time with the ball.
yes it will be uncomfortably close...from 5 matches watson has 6 wickets(yet to bowl today) same as shakib but with much better eco and Avg...also he has 140 runs including this innings(where he is still not out)...shakib has more runs and a better avg and SR...lets hope watson doesn't catch up now
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #3880  
Old March 25, 2012, 10:45 AM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
And Watson just scored a 50. Interesting stats. In 10 more ODI innings than Shakib, Watson has (now) 2 more half centuries and an additional century leaving his current tally (as of the innings he is playing right now) at 27 half centuries and 6 centuries. Yet his batting average is 41.90 (at time of writing) and Shakib's round about 36.

The difference is that when Watson scores runs, he scores LOTS of runs. Plus, there is the 185* against us
Watson got out and this is the last ODI of the series.. Hopefully (Inshallah) Shakman will get his position back
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #3881  
Old March 25, 2012, 10:46 AM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
no they had huges for this season as the oversea player...and they are trying to get ajmal as the 2nd t20 oversea

Huges will come late in this season for some reason so The South Aus red backs captain will fill in for huges in some matches..i think thats killinger..my spelling is wrong
Oh ok, thanks for the info. Worc would miss Shakib for sure !!
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #3882  
Old March 25, 2012, 10:48 AM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,514

^^ Hain, Worcs retain korenai bolei kharap lagchei Ami Worcestershirei giyei oder jersey ar sweater kinlam koto ashai jei or khela dekbo.
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #3883  
Old March 25, 2012, 10:49 AM
playmaker playmaker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 21, 2012
Location: Chittagong
Favorite Player: every quality cricketer
Posts: 2,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
And Watson just scored a 50. Interesting stats. In 10 more ODI innings than Shakib, Watson has (now) 2 more half centuries and an additional century leaving his current tally (as of the innings he is playing right now) at 27 half centuries and 6 centuries. Yet his batting average is 41.90 (at time of writing) and Shakib's round about 36.

The difference is that when Watson scores runs, he scores LOTS of runs. Plus, there is the 185* against us
Quite unfair comparision because sakib bats at 5 where watson bats at no. 1. That means watson gets time to settle and then launch while sakib has to start his job without delay. also not enough over. At the same time, sakib doesnt have much support so their are only a few occasions when remains not out as the openers cant finish the job without te support of te lower order
Reply With Quote
  #3884  
Old March 25, 2012, 10:56 AM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Quite unfair comparision because sakib bats at 5 where watson bats at no. 1. That means watson gets time to settle and then launch while sakib has to start his job without delay. also not enough over. At the same time, sakib doesnt have much support so their are only a few occasions when remains not out as the openers cant finish the job without te support of te lower order
ditto !!
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #3885  
Old March 25, 2012, 10:57 AM
MSM B2C MSM B2C is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 9, 2011
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 1,397

Most Likely KKR Squad:

1) Jacques Kallis
2) Brendan McCullum
3) Gautam Gambhir (c)
4) Manoj Tiwary
5) Eoin Morgan
6) Yusuf Panthan
7) Rajat Bhatia
8) James Pattinson/ Brett Lee
9) Iqbal Abdulla
10) Lakshmipathy Balaji
11) Iresh Saxena

*** I can't see how Shakib Al Hasan will fit into this Squad, and If he does might be Morgan. Really tough one***
Reply With Quote
  #3886  
Old March 25, 2012, 11:09 AM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM B2C
Most Likely KKR Squad:

1) Jacques Kallis
2) Brendan McCullum
3) Gautam Gambhir (c)
4) Manoj Tiwary
5) Eoin Morgan
6) Yusuf Panthan
7) Rajat Bhatia
8) James Pattinson/ Brett Lee
9) Iqbal Abdulla
10) Lakshmipathy Balaji
11) Iresh Saxena

*** I can't see how Shakib Al Hasan will fit into this Squad, and If he does might be Morgan. Really tough one***
Well it's KKR's loss then. Shakib is a match winner, he can turn around a match completely on his day. A team gets 3 in one in Shakib (batsman, bowler and fielder) and he is equally good in all 3 dept. Why KKR would pick Morgan when they can get equal or even better service from Shakib, who can change gear according to the situation. Now it's a different story that Indians love shada chamra more. If they have followed BPL and Asia Cup and still bench him then you can easily conclude that KKR is biased.
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #3887  
Old March 25, 2012, 11:13 AM
MSM B2C MSM B2C is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 9, 2011
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 1,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Well it's KKR's loss then. Shakib is a match winner, he can turn around a match completely on his day. A team gets 3 in one in Shakib (batsman, bowler and fielder) and he is equally good in all 3 dept. Why KKR would pick Morgan when they can get equal or even better service from Shakib, who can change gear according to the situation. Now it's a different story that Indians love shada chamra more. If they have followed BPL and Asia Cup and still bench him then you can easily conclude that KKR is biased.
They would pick morgan becuase his 3rd in the ICC Player Ranking for T20 Batsmen, it shows how good he is in battling. I wan't Shakib to play but too many players with better T20 recogination and value. I hope he plays. And KKR for some reason are in love with Morgan, maybe due to his good battling.
Reply With Quote
  #3888  
Old March 25, 2012, 11:16 AM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM B2C
They would pick morgan becuase his 3rd in the ICC Player Ranking for T20 Batsmen, it shows how good he is in battling. I wan't Shakib to play but too many players with better T20 recogination and value. I hope he plays. And KKR for some reason are in love with Morgan, maybe due to his good battling.
And Morgan was a complete failure in last IPL

Also if they value ranking so much then how would they ignore Shakib..Apart from topping the tables in ODI and Test he is also amongst the top 10 all-rounders in T20 (though he played far less T20 games)
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #3889  
Old March 25, 2012, 11:20 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,465

absolutely,Morgan failed in last year.
besides what has Morgan done recently ?
nothing much that I remember whereas Sakib has been equally successfull in Tests,odis and Bpl.
Reply With Quote
  #3890  
Old March 25, 2012, 11:30 AM
fuadomar fuadomar is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 6, 2011
Location: Lalmatia, Dhaka
Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11
Posts: 720

Sunile Narine will definitely play for KKR this year; He is a gem!
Reply With Quote
  #3891  
Old March 25, 2012, 01:08 PM
playmaker playmaker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 21, 2012
Location: Chittagong
Favorite Player: every quality cricketer
Posts: 2,687

being in a more neutral perspective, ill have sakib in the team because he is a class batsma + class bowler

Do you think he just gets MOT of two consecutive tournaments?? Imo, he is one of the best cricketers at present and not getting a chance in an IPL squad shows no justice to his ability.

He will perform, with bat or ball, a complete package, something most other players dont give. Kallis is a good all rounder but nowadays he is nowhere as effective with the ball. Eoin morgan on the other hand might be 3rd in T20 batsman but shakib is much better a player, its only that sakib plays 2-3 intl T2O matches per year, and dont forget, MOT of IPL when players like shehzad, pollard, samuels, gibbs, and so many others where playing
Reply With Quote
  #3892  
Old March 25, 2012, 01:39 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,596

^^^
Isn't it 3 MoT awards? Pak series, BPL and Asia cup.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #3893  
Old March 25, 2012, 01:41 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,596

It's not about good or bad. In form or off form. It's about country. If you are from England, Australia or South Africa you will be in no matter what.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #3894  
Old March 25, 2012, 03:26 PM
TIKBoss TIKBoss is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 14, 2011
Posts: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
It's not about good or bad. In form or off form. It's about country. If you are from England, Australia or South Africa you will be in no matter what.
and also if you are indian then no matter how shitty you are you get millions of dollars.. ravinder jadeja 2 million compared to shakib 400 thousand
Reply With Quote
  #3895  
Old March 25, 2012, 03:27 PM
TIKBoss TIKBoss is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 14, 2011
Posts: 571

If KKR dont play shakib then their loss.. they will lose ipl once again
Reply With Quote
  #3896  
Old March 25, 2012, 04:47 PM
dolcevita dolcevita is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 3, 2009
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 3,116

If Shakib don't play for kkr so fec*k kkr
Reply With Quote
  #3897  
Old March 25, 2012, 04:49 PM
zinatf's Avatar
zinatf zinatf is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 1, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee
Posts: 4,663

Insha Allah Shakib will play this season....remember his arm ball when he took Ganguly's wicket?
__________________
jitsi jitsi jitsi
Reply With Quote
  #3898  
Old March 25, 2012, 09:30 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

So it's not only us who considers Shakman as one of the best of the game atm

"Shakib-al-Hasan – the man of the tournament – is easily one of the best cricketers in the world right now. And with his economical spin bowling, being coupled with explosive batting, he is an archetypal modern day limited-overs cricketer. Watching him bat, and pulverise some of the most extolled bowlers in world cricket, is an exhilarating sight and expect the youngsters in Bangladesh to queue up in their quest of being the next Shakib-al-Hasan. "
http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2012...kings-of-asia/
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #3899  
Old March 26, 2012, 01:52 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,547

Quote:
Mohammedan Sporting Club and Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club kept the top two of the Dhaka Premier Super League honest by beating them yesterday.

Old DOHS, the table-toppers with 18 points, are still on top but Mohammedan struck them down by five wickets while Victoria Sporting Club lost by nine runs to the Dhanmondi outfit. It was also learnt that Shakib Al Hasan suffered a groin injury.

In the day's other game, Gazi Tank Cricketers beat Abahani by five runs in a tense game at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=227716

Any news on this?..how bad is the injury?...this is the same injury as tamim
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #3900  
Old March 26, 2012, 02:19 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 7,311

Shakib has had a history with groin injury. Rest is the best medicine in such a case.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
Roni_uk
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket