facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 5, 2012, 05:30 PM
First Class Cricketer

People all over the world expressed today @ twitter, Facebook and other social networks how much they like one and only Shakib Al Hasan..No Shakib .. within a second no support for KKR..it happened to me as well automatically...
Old April 5, 2012, 05:42 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Tbh, out and out fastbowlers in T20s have to be used very shrewdly, otherwise they tend to be extremely expensive - given how short the boundaries are and how an edge off their bowling can go for 6. This doesn't matter in Tests as the sole objective is to get wickets, stemming runs is usually a secondary concern.

Players like de Lange, Pattinson, Tait etc are like heavy artillery, they have to be deployed with caution as they are just as likely to cause collateral damage as they are to do the opposition harm. In T20, a seamer who is accurate and can vary their pace well is like gold dust - hence why Malinga is such a valuable commodity.

KKR doesn't have this commodity really - they just have out and out pacers or mediocre trundlers/cannon fodder.
Old April 5, 2012, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Three pages of rage that do not belong here. I'll move them all to the IPL forum. I have 1/2 a mind to close all the so called official threads or merge every thread in BC to one thread. The official thread of BanglaCricket fans.

Last edited by Zunaid; April 5, 2012 at 06:40 PM..
Old April 5, 2012, 06:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Three pages if rage that do not belong here. I'll move them all to the IPL forum. I have 1/2 a mind to close all the so called official threads or merge every thread in BC to one thread. The official thread of BanglaCricket fans.

anyway, i am so glad that Shakib did not play yesterday's rain affected game. Even if Shakib had played yesterday, he could not have done any thing as he bats down the order and bowls second/third change. So, ultimately KKR would lose and some blame would go to Shakib too. Now, with this dismal performance of KKR, the chances of Shakib's playing in the next match have increased
Old April 5, 2012, 08:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Three pages of rage that do not belong here. I'll move them all to the IPL forum. I have 1/2 a mind to close all the so called official threads or merge every thread in BC to one thread. The official thread of BanglaCricket fans.
I was just about to post as well...... it's more of a lo0ve hate relationship, love for shakib hate for KKR.

A KKR bashing thread would get a few hits i think
Old April 5, 2012, 08:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Ja howar hoise let's forget it....KKR after all BD team to na....so amader rag korar kisui nai. It's expected from them. Last year they pretty much did the same
Old April 5, 2012, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
ei south african gular eto french naam hoy ken?

off topic(pardon me)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
While influenced by French via Belgian and Flemish , de Lange is actually a Dutch name. That makes sense because of his Afrikaaner heritage. The French equivalent of this surname is Lagrande.
Old April 5, 2012, 09:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

zunaid bhai, eta shakiber thread. ekhane shakib ke niye jotokisu bola jai bola uchit

amar kono bhul hoye gele maf kore diyen
Old April 5, 2012, 09:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Told ya Harsha is a big fan of Shakib

Harsha Bhogle ‏on tweeter " @bhogleharshaof course @keyurmunot shakib would walk into any team's first xi today.for peterson in sa, for jadeja in india, for samit patel in england.."

"well played bangladesh, good to see the new confidence and depth in batting. in shakib you have one of the game's top players now."

yeah digging out some old tweets.. I'm new on tweeter so finding these tweets very encouraging for our players !!
Old April 5, 2012, 10:07 PM
Banned

^ who isn't a Shakib fan in the cricket world right now?

Call me a crazy but I think Shakib would have been a better captain for KKR than Ghambhir. this guy is no captaincy material. BCCI rightly removed him from vice captaincy. How he became a vice captain in the first place is a surprise to me.
Old April 5, 2012, 11:16 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
^ who isn't a Shakib fan in the cricket world right now?

Call me a crazy but I think Shakib would have been a better captain for KKR than Ghambhir. this guy is no captaincy material. BCCI rightly removed him from vice captaincy. How he became a vice captain in the first place is a surprise to me.
totally agree..why he gave 3 overs to lange when lee had overs left is beyond me
Old April 6, 2012, 12:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Told ya Harsha is a big fan of Shakib

Harsha Bhogle ‏on tweeter " @bhogleharshaof course @keyurmunot shakib would walk into any team's first xi today.for peterson in sa, for jadeja in india, for samit patel in england.."

"well played bangladesh, good to see the new confidence and depth in batting. in shakib you have one of the game's top players now."

yeah digging out some old tweets.. I'm new on tweeter so finding these tweets very encouraging for our players !!
I guess he would walk into any team's first xi yeah? Tell that to KKR.
Old April 6, 2012, 01:34 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

BengaliPagol, to be fair to Harsha, he did advocate Shakib's selection in the playing XI. What KKR decide to do is out of his control and is up to their own (often flawed) judgment
Old April 6, 2012, 02:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd

anyway, i am so glad that Shakib did not play yesterday's rain affected game. Even if Shakib had played yesterday, he could not have done any thing as he bats down the order and bowls second/third change. So, ultimately KKR would lose and some blame would go to Shakib too. Now, with this dismal performance of KKR, the chances of Shakib's playing in the next match have increased
well said. i thought similar too .....

KKR had james pattisonson last year ..... is he available or in WI tour ??? he should have been the pace spearhead for KKR. lee is passed his best .... not impressed with de lange

shakib will be in next match for sure.
Old April 6, 2012, 03:12 AM
Banned

his feelings right now
Old April 6, 2012, 06:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^^I don't think Sak is all that annoyed for not getting picked in the 1 st match.
This is more the frustration some of us fans are suffering from.
Old April 6, 2012, 07:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
^^I don't think Sak is all that annoyed for not getting picked in the 1 st match.
This is more the frustration some of us fans are suffering from.
Comeon, think about it. Weve been waiting for a long time eagerly to see our HEROES in action and what happens is B grade cricketers play ahead of him. Its extremely frustrating to say the least

Shakib is Iceman so he will remain calm but a player of his calibre is sitting down in a club match while some pathetic cricketer named Jadeja is paid 2 million dollar to display pathetic-ness in the field
Old April 6, 2012, 07:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Comeon, think about it. Weve been waiting for a long time eagerly to see our HEROES in action and what happens is B grade cricketers play ahead of him. Its extremely frustrating to say the least

Shakib is Iceman so he will remain calm but a player of his calibre is sitting down in a club match while some pathetic cricketer named Jadeja is paid 2 million dollar to display pathetic-ness in the field
Not that frustrating to me. There are a lot more matches left and if they lose, then they're bound to start playing Tamim and Shakib.
Old April 6, 2012, 07:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Vais, only one game has been played so far. Why so much aggravation? Take it easy. All the teams are trying to get the best possible combination and they WILL give everyone in the sqaud a chance to play. Patience is the Key...
Old April 6, 2012, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I think we are thinking about it more than Shakib' himself is. He is out there chilling in India, travelling all the places, eating good hotel food, and of course getting paid. It would be a dream job for me and anyone.
Old April 6, 2012, 09:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker

Calm down brother..Its Indian money and they can spend millions or billions on their over rated players. nothing wrong with that...Because its their own league...And What do you mean by 'waiting for a long time eagerly'? Our heros are playing cricket for last few months without any break. from pak series to asia cup they played lots of games.....I prefer to watch them play for their own country rather then playing in foreign league. few IPL games can be considered as bonus practice for t20 WC and a well deserved paid holiday... We are nor die hard IPL fan... so why this whinging?
Old April 6, 2012, 11:34 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Calm down brother..Its Indian money and they can spend millions or billions on their over rated players. nothing wrong with that...Because its their own league...And What do you mean by 'waiting for a long time eagerly'? Our heros are playing cricket for last few months without any break. from pak series to asia cup they played lots of games.....I prefer to watch them play for their own country rather then playing in foreign league. few IPL games can be considered as bonus practice for t20 WC and a well deserved paid holiday... We are nor die hard IPL fan... so why this whinging?
It's not all about the money. It is also about getting the respect/value/honor Shakib deserves! Of course, it's frustrating to see that KKR is not giving Shakib the value he deserves. Sure, they are free to choose whoever they want, but their selection definitely gives an idea about how they view Shakib or our other players. While I agree that we cannot force KKR to take Shakib, but we certainly can and should be frustrated!
Old April 6, 2012, 01:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2man007
It's not all about the money. It is also about getting the respect/value/honor Shakib deserves! Of course, it's frustrating to see that KKR is not giving Shakib the value he deserves. Sure, they are free to choose whoever they want, but their selection definitely gives an idea about how they view Shakib or our other players. While I agree that we cannot force KKR to take Shakib, but we certainly can and should be frustrated!
Though Indian, I agree. 2 years back I can understand his non-selection in IPL but yesterday I couldn't. What can you say, KKR is not a wise club they let go off Sourav.
Old April 6, 2012, 01:32 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
Though Indian, I agree. 2 years back I can understand his non-selection in IPL but yesterday I couldn't. What can you say, KKR is not a wise club they let go off Sourav.
thank you for your understanding, senman. it is very much appreciated. i hope some of the other ipl teams approach him for next year. otherwise, he might be stuck with stupid kkr management for a longer time.....
Old April 6, 2012, 01:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Ajmal to pull out of Worcestershire deal

Ajmal's wife has also recently given birth to the couple's third child, a son, who predictably has already been nicknamed Teesra - the 'third one' - after his latest mystery delivery.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...ry/560099.html

Here comes WCCC for Shakib......who is