facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 8, 2012, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

who cares abt IPL..Shakib wanted some rest..he wud have taken it after IPL by not playing county...I rather want him sit CRAP-PL out and go play county. It will help him and BD more.
Old April 8, 2012, 11:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
who cares abt IPL..Shakib wanted some rest..he wud have taken it after IPL by not playing county...I rather want him sit CRAP-PL out and go play county. It will help him and BD more.
i agree with that and that's what i'd prefer as well, although if he does well in the ipl it bolsters BD's reputation and that would give more of the BD players a greater chance to get into county cricket and ipl cricket. valid points though, the best allrounder in the world atm doesn't get a run in the format where allrounders are the most useful....
Old April 8, 2012, 11:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

isnaad to celebrity howe gelo, now we need to open a separate thread for him
Old April 9, 2012, 12:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Why's it such a big issue if he's not playing? In the cricketing world, national team matches are elite competition, not club cricket.

Had Bd dropped Shakib, I would understand the commotion, but this is beyond me.

PO

Roey
Old April 9, 2012, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Why's it such a big issue if he's not playing? In the cricketing world, national team matches are elite competition, not club cricket.

Had Bd dropped Shakib, I would understand the commotion, but this is beyond me.

PO

Roey
Right on the money bro. It's not like Khulna is not playing Shakiboy.

POF \m/

Habib
Old April 9, 2012, 01:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
Shakib is not getting rest. He is working as hard as the playing XI behind the scene and travelling all over India with the team. And the 3 hours he sits in the dug out is not rest by any means due to the dissatisfaction he is experiencing.
Old April 9, 2012, 01:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Isnaad, bhaiya ekta autograph dao.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 9, 2012, 01:25 AM
Club Cricketer

We're paying way too much attention to IPL. This is pissing me off. Also, I would rather have Shakib not play and take some rest then go play some County cricket. If KKR don't want to include Shakib then that's their business. I don't care what the Indians think about Shakib.
Old April 9, 2012, 01:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Isnaad, bhaiya ekta autograph dao.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
isnaad to celebrity howe gelo, now we need to open a separate thread for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
OMG our isnaad is famous!
You guys are so kind (And may be my luck is as well...)
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 9, 2012, 01:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakirshuvo
We're paying way too much attention to IPL. This is pissing me off. Also, I would rather have Shakib not play and take some rest then go play some County cricket. If KKR don't want to include Shakib then that's their business. I don't care what the Indians think about Shakib.
I share these exact sentiments...

I don't know why IPL doesn't attract my attention too much, The reasons why i enjoyed BPL was because

1. MohammadC bro fantasy Cricket league
2. It got really exciting intense at after a first few matches
3. It was good to see National team starters/contenders/rising stars fighting it out(Really enjoyed watching Arafat Sunny bowl, Anamul Haque, Ashraful Bat, Shakib, Rahim doing really well)
4. BPL significantly improved the skills of many players in National Team, we learned as a unit how to play in clutch situations, how to chase down stiff targets, not only that, from BPL we can potentially identify some rising Stars like Ziaur Rahman, Nazmul Hossain Milon, Anamul Haque, Arafat Sunny, Enamul Haque Jr. who should definitely feature in the upcoming T20 world cup competition.
5. It was really competitive, Chittagong Kings after 6 rounds, was on the top of the league, but then they lost key matches and was out of the tournament. It was really tough to tell who will win...

Shakib deserves some good solid rest. for at least a month. he needs it...

although I am eagerly awaiting to see Tamim start in Pune warriors because for Tamim fans and for Tamim personally, it should be an interesting challenge. Tamim has not gotten the international recognition as much as Shakib has(for obvious reasons) so this is his time to shine

other than that, I really could care less about IPL, that's just me~
Old April 9, 2012, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
You guys are so kind (And may be my luck is as well...)
After seeing this last night after getting redirected on Twitter, I was looking to visit your profile, but it was temporarily unavailable.

Temporary deactivation or server overload?
Old April 9, 2012, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
After seeing this last night after getting redirected on Twitter, I was looking to visit your profile, but it was temporarily unavailable.

Temporary deactivation or server overload?
Temporary De-activation. But I just could not resist re-activating my account after I heard my writing was posted in that article
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 9, 2012, 07:49 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Temporary De-activation. But I just could not resist re-activating my account after I heard my writing was posted in that article
I guess, lots of BCites (girls) are clicking (hitting) on (you)r profile.. hah?
Old April 9, 2012, 07:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
^ I know... Daily Star is resorting to this. I guess that is a poor man's poll with a sample size of 4.

Bola Jai na... in place of real news our musings here at BC may also feature ...

E.G. PaperTiger said this...MohamedC said that ...
Bujhee Kom Bhai was furious.....

or.., Ajfar, who is a Cricket Guru at the well known BC forum, was eloquent when he said .....

- I guess what I said in jest may not be that far-fetched after all.
Hahahha.....
Old April 9, 2012, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

wah wah isnaad

Btw, back to topic please, will be delighted if Shakib doesn't play tomorrow....if Dilshan's back in RCB....so RCB's will full force now
Old April 9, 2012, 08:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Shakib is on a paid holiday to India. Food/Lodgings/Transportation included. Let him enjoy all the nice places, nice hotels, good food and maybe some 3 hrs cricket once in a while.
Old April 9, 2012, 09:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

Shakib Al Hasan's exclusion from the KKR side is difficult to comprehend
It’s not always the big names that win you matches. Sometimes, a balanced group consisting of focussed individuals can get together and put up a performance that will leave even the good teams baffled. The Rajasthan Royals (RR) proved exactly that in their game against the star-studded Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) on Sunday. In fact, a similar RR team led by Shane Warne in the first season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) went on to show that such an unit can go the entire distance and emerge supreme.
On the other hand, KKR is one side which hasn’t qualified for the final even once in the last four seasons, despite having a number of match-winners at its disposal. In the first season, KKR began well, but their intensity began to subside during the later stages of the tournament. Thereafter, they hardly looked threatening in the second and the third editions, managed to reach the semi-finals in the fourth, and are now off to an unimpressive start in the fifth. Despite making drastic changes, a flurry of victories continues to elude this promising side. Surely, players like Gautam Gambhir, Yusuf Pathan, Jacques Kallis, Brendon McCullum etc, have the ability to win games single-handedly. Their bowling too is by no means on the weaker side. What then must KKR do to turn the tide in its favour?
Perhaps KKR is not getting their balance right or, perhaps, it’s just the case of players not firing. Looking at KKR’s tactics in this edition of the IPL thus far, it’s difficult to comprehend the exclusion of ace all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan from the side. Agreed, it’s a difficult proposition to select just four overseas players, especially when you have superstars like Jacques Kallis, Brendon McCullum, Brett Lee, Ryan ten Doeschate and Shakib in the side, but here is a man who is in the form of his life and is riding high on confidence after being adjudged the Man of the Series in both the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) and the recently-concluded Asia Cup.
In the Asia Cup, Shakib scored 237 runs in four matches at an average of 59.25 and took six wickets with the ball. His performance in the BPL will probably give an idea of how efficient he can be in the Twenty20 format. He scored 280 runs in that tournament at an average of exactly 40, and picked 15 wickets at an outstanding average of just 19.93. He should have been any captain’s first choice given the conditions and his current form. But to see him fail to make the cut in the first two matches has left many perplexed.

Sunil Narine and Marchant de Lange are no doubt talented cricketers, but one would expect Shakib to get the nod ahead of them, at least on the basis of recent performances. Narine had a decent outing in the recently concluded One-Day International (ODI) Series against Australia where he foxed many batsmen with his off-breaks, and hence Gambhir must have been inclined to try him out. However, in Shakib, KKR would not just have had an excellent bowling option, but also a batsman who can contribute handsomely and strike the ball a long way. It is possible that Shakib wasn’t considered because Kolkata were already equipped with a left-arm spinner in the form of Iqbal Abdulla, but Shakib’s experience with the ball and temperament with the bat would have perhaps made a difference.

Shakib also has the ability to mastermind an escape when the team is in troubled waters, and this was demonstrated more than once during the Asia Cup against top sides like India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. He currently holds the top spot in the list of all-rounders in both the Test and the ODIs, and this is a testimony of his dexterity. Therefore, it is surprising that a player of his stature hasn’t been picked to play considering his consistency and the kind of good knick he is in. Also surprising is the fact that the KKR skipper didn’t want to comment on this issue.

A loss in the first two games of any tournament does not augur well. If KKR are seeking resurgence from here on, they will have to put forth a balanced side; and what better way to induce stability than by including a skilled all-rounder like Shakib. KKR has the ammunition to go the distance, but they need to start making the right moves for their dream to take shape. They have adept players like Kallis, Lee and skipper Gambhir himself, and Shakib’s addition to the side may just prove to be a shot in the arm.
http://www.cricketcountry.com/cricke...mprehend/13234
Old April 9, 2012, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Thought you were happy, why the ''angry'' emoticon?
happy they lost, angry coz they didn't play shakib!
Old April 9, 2012, 02:01 PM
Banned

I strongly Believe KKR will play shakib tomorrow! Tough call due to Gayle, Kohli, AB, Dilshan!

KKR will try to shut us Bengali Fans Dwn! imagine shakib bowling 4 overs for 40+ runs!

I can assure you, he will be finished. I hope he makes a big name for himself!

all the county teams are waiting to see Shakib Perform well in IPL!
Old April 9, 2012, 02:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Shakib is on a paid holiday to India. Food/Lodgings/Transportation included. Let him enjoy all the nice places, nice hotels, good food and maybe some 3 hrs cricket once in a while.
nice observation I wouldn't mind that at all probably the best job in the world..
Old April 9, 2012, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
nice observation I wouldn't mind that at all probably the best job in the world..
Shakib is not like that! he want's to perform at higher levels, he has this hunger and motive, it is easily seen by the sad and upseting face he makes while on camera while KKR are losing, This guy is different.

IPL has become an attraction (Big Stage) - Some bangladeshi Fans will disagree.

English County League are following leagues like BBL, IPL the most!

So Shakib needs to play and do well. one good IPL innings will give him that!

so far Shakib has not done anything extraodinary in T20 in big stages.

( come on shakib big chance if given chance tmrrow)
Old April 9, 2012, 02:31 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Shakib Al Hasan's ever-growing popularity among fans found another medium when he was voted as the Cricketer of the Year for 2011 by members of BanglaCricket.com, a fan-driven cricket website

Read more on DS>>

Old April 9, 2012, 02:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Shakib Al Hasan's ever-growing popularity among fans found another medium when he was voted as the Cricketer of the Year for 2011 by members of BanglaCricket.com, a fan-driven cricket website
This is fantastic stuff! Kudos to the DS and thanks for sharing, R_S.
Old April 9, 2012, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing

Read more on DS>>
Yeeeeee BC is getting popular..
Old April 9, 2012, 02:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

yayy, after Isnaad bhai it's BC on paper.
congratulations.
ekhon Sakib der ke ki kichu deya hobe naki it's just an award on paper,thukku on shuta?
ekta gari diya den Sakib ke.
Zunaid boss ar shob mods ra ektu taka dhalen baki ra chanda dite chaile amar shathe joga jog koren