facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 10, 2012, 05:37 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Well, lets see the original post which caused your reaction:

It could well be a tongue-in-cheek comment, couldn't be ?

You didn't like his comment. Fair enough.
But remember,if Shakib didnt bat well today, he (the poster) just like any of us, is within his rights to criticize the performance, even at an ironic tone.
Criticism is not bashing.

But once you looked at the poster's profile and his favourite player is listed as "The one and only SIR ASH", you were quick to assume that he is an Ash fan and a Shakib hater.
Since when it indicated that he is an Ash fan ??
Since when he brought Ash into the conversation while "bashing" Shakib ??
I never saw any line that said "explosive batting by Shakib, Ash could have done better"

But weren't you quick to bring Ash in the conversation without any valid reason or reference to the conversation ??

What does Ash's "pathetic" form has to do anything with this conversation ??

Since when he prayed for Shakib's failure ??

May be you should tell that to yourself.
Well, first of all, this particular page is shakib al hasan's offician FAN page. so, if some moron makes inappropriate comments about shakib on shakib's fan page, of course other members have every right to attack that moron.

oronnya, i appreciate your post very much! thank you.

can someone please revoke goldenass's membership?
Old April 10, 2012, 05:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
i think gambhir is jealous about shakib's success. why he batted so lower order and not bowling
agreed. the way gambhir responds to questions about shakib, his body language in the field, everything speaks loudly about how he is avoiding shakib. he must be remembering how shakib kicked their *** during the asia cup.

in any case, if gambhir can't put the team (kkr in this case) above his personal issues, he will be gone sooner or later. what worries me is whehter this type of treatment would hurt shakib (since he himself is a sensitive guy, though level-headed). i hope shakib moves to another team next year where he would be able to play under a nurturing captain like ganguly....
Old April 10, 2012, 06:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Old April 10, 2012, 06:33 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

April 7

"...Trevor [Bayliss, the Knight Riders’ coach] has organised a quiz night for the team. All the questions are cricket-related and there are some real cricket buffs in our squad. Shakib [Al Hasan] is particularly good in our team, but not smart enough to stop [Jacques] Kallis' Kings from winning by half a point. The most entertaining feature of the quiz was the bonus round where every player has to walk two metres with a coin wedged between their legs and then drop it into a glass. Not exactly University Challenge, but extremely funny and a great way to improve team spirit."

RTD's IPL Diary

Would never have guessed Shakib was a cricket buff. I remember reading that he lives and breathes cricket but I thought that meant he loved playing cricket rather than knowing trivia!
Old April 10, 2012, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
April 7

"...Trevor [Bayliss, the Knight Riders’ coach] has organised a quiz night for the team. All the questions are cricket-related and there are some real cricket buffs in our squad. Shakib [Al Hasan] is particularly good in our team, but not smart enough to stop [Jacques] Kallis' Kings from winning by half a point. The most entertaining feature of the quiz was the bonus round where every player has to walk two metres with a coin wedged between their legs and then drop it into a glass. Not exactly University Challenge, but extremely funny and a great way to improve team spirit."

RTD's IPL Diary

Would never have guessed Shakib was a cricket buff. I remember reading that he lives and breathes cricket but I thought that meant he loved playing cricket rather than knowing trivia!
Me neither !! hmm that's really interesting !!! Isn't it !!

With Shakib's personality it seems like he cares less about the cricket world as whenever he was asked what does he do outside the cricket field he replied he doesn't think about cricket at all.. Also he always gives the impression of being a lazy kind of guy who is not that interested in what's going on around him or the cricket world..I was actually disappointed with such answers as I really wanted him to do more research on cricket and cricketers and know more about it.. It's great to know that he is indeed very passionate about cricket !!

I was equally surprised with the news that he has interest in photography !!! It looks like we are yet to discover the different aspects of this mysterious personality !!!

BTW Shakib and Kallis are competing even off the field !!! ...Good to see Shakib giving a head to head competition to Kallis.. All rounders
Old April 11, 2012, 02:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya

With Shakib's personality it seems like he cares less about the cricket world as whenever he was asked what does he do outside the cricket field he replied he doesn't think about cricket at all.. Also he always gives the impression of being a lazy kind of guy who is not that interested in what's going on around him or the cricket world..I was actually disappointed with such answers as I really wanted him to do more research on cricket and cricketers and know more about it.. It's great to know that he is indeed very passionate about cricket !!

I was equally surprised with the news that he has interest in photography !!! It looks like we are yet to discover the different aspects of this mysterious personality !!!

BTW Shakib and Kallis are competing even off the field !!! ...Good to see Shakib giving a head to head competition to Kallis.. All rounders
I read somewhere in PA that Shakib read cricket related books in leisure time.
Old April 11, 2012, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

^^wow! Have been learning a lot about "Bangladesher jaan Bangladesher praan"...very interesting
Old April 11, 2012, 04:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

3-21-2. And to think of it, he did not even bowl well. Neat eh?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 11, 2012, 04:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Very! He gets wickets even when he's not performing at his best. How cool is that....
Old April 11, 2012, 05:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

[QUOTE=oronnya;1510767]Me neither !! hmm that's really interesting !!! Isn't it !!

With Shakib's personality it seems like he cares less about the cricket world as whenever he was asked what does he do outside the cricket field he replied he doesn't think about cricket at all..

Or it may indicate how exquisitely stupid the KKR camp is (which is highly likely)
Old April 11, 2012, 05:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Too many bachcha polapain with unrealistic expectations on this forum sometimes.
It looks like the Darwin effect is in process though. The bodies keep piling up.
Old April 11, 2012, 05:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Some bacha polapain even cried in the stadium after 2 runs defeat in Asia cup final! And What a surprise , whole nation also cried with them ! A whole country of bacha polapains! What is unrealistic expectation? Was expecting your team to play in Asiacup final unrealistic one? In life one can only achieve as much he expects. A true fan always expect the unexpected from their heros .
Old April 11, 2012, 05:53 AM
Administrator

The context is IPL bisshocup bhai. It's not the crying - its all the whining going on the past few days.
Old April 11, 2012, 06:06 AM
Test Cricketer

What I mean is, a true fan always got unrealistic expection for their hero, in this case Shakib. This is what make them true fan. There is nothing wrong in that. A neutral third party can see the reality or sometime neutral person get over realistic. Like all bd criticising people. Don't need to be so harsh. I brought crying as an example of polapanism to say , on occasions nothing wrong with that.

And noway I point to anyone , not to you atleast
Old April 11, 2012, 06:07 AM
Club Cricketer

[QUOTE=mar umpire;1510827]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya

With Shakib's personality it seems like he cares less about the cricket world as whenever he was asked what does he do outside the cricket field he replied he doesn't think about cricket at all..

Or it may indicate how exquisitely stupid the KKR camp is (which is highly likely)
we all went by the modesty of the man. he was very polite when he tried to portray the image of a lazy, indifferent person for himself. but, we should not be deceived by his modesty. the high standard he sets for himself clearly indicates his hard working nature. he always wants to do more and better, and thus always says, "o, i didn't do enough". so, we need to calibrate his statements with respect to his ambition, vision, etc....

delighted to learn about these other aspects of shak....
Old April 11, 2012, 06:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Too many bachcha polapain with unrealistic expectations on this forum sometimes.
Thank God. At least those baccha polapain make this forum running and interesting even with their childish comments. Its a fan forum not an expert panel where you will only find expert opinions. I really love the spirit of these baccha polapains and their interest to the game. If you cant agree with them, at least don't insult their passion. They (fan) will surely get matured with time just as players do.
Old April 11, 2012, 06:41 AM
Administrator

I love the passion. Because I have the same passion and I definitely am not a bachcha polapan any more. It's the panpanani I can't stand. It's nothing to do with age. We have some 40 something acting like they sit in the 'first chair'.
Old April 11, 2012, 06:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I love the passion. Because I have the same passion and I definitely am not a bachcha polapan any more. It's the panpanani I can't stand. It's nothing to do with age. We have some 40 something acting like they sit in the 'first chair'.
Don't get me wrong zunaid bhai, but my comment was more directed towards 'Shubho''s comment. I found his comment bit cliquish. Well, sometimes i also cant tolerate the panpanani of some BC members regarding some specific players, religion, political issues etc but i think they have got their rights to express their opinion (only if they don't violate any rules).
Old April 11, 2012, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Yeah, they have that a right. And I have the right to SMH and wonder about the gene pool. :-)
Old April 11, 2012, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
...We have some 40 something acting like they sit in the 'first chair'.
Wonder who they might be!
Old April 11, 2012, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Wonder who they might be!
Depends on if you got my reference to the 'first chair'. Think orchestra.
Old April 11, 2012, 09:11 AM
Club Cricketer

I am 40+ too but I want to share this picture. Enjoy.
Old April 11, 2012, 09:23 AM
Test Cricketer

I'll admit, I'm getting a little long in the tooth...not quite 40 yet...but getting there. So, perhaps I'm being a little harsh on the "bachcha polapain" in the forum. That said, this endless whinging about playing Shakib in the IPL is becoming mind-numbing. Moreover, flooding every single cricket forum with demands to play him (usually by taking potshots at the KKR think-tank and Indians generally) frankly makes us look like a bunch of desperate losers.

And Zunaid, are you "first chair" or acting like you're in "first chair"? :-)
Old April 11, 2012, 09:33 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
I'll admit, I'm getting a little long in the tooth...not quite 40 yet...but getting there. So, perhaps I'm being a little harsh on the "bachcha polapain" in the forum. That said, this endless whinging about playing Shakib in the IPL is becoming mind-numbing. Moreover, flooding every single cricket forum with demands to play him (usually by taking potshots at the KKR think-tank and Indians generally) frankly makes us look like a bunch of desperate losers.
I feel disappointed too with some comments in kkr facebook or icf forum but I dont blame fans and dont care abut kkr or indians...If you watch carefully, you will see that this fan passion is not for Shakib or Tami as an individual; there is always their heart for Bangladesh. I appreciate this younger generation for their love for Bangladesh. They are bold.

Let them raise their voice for Bangladesh. We should not try to stop their voice.

My 2cents

Old April 11, 2012, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:

And Zunaid, are you "first chair" or acting like you're in "first chair"? :-)
I'm not whining so my strad is still in its case.

Back on topic: if Shakib is picked next game, I hope he gets a 20 ball 50 and gets 4 wickets.