facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 11, 2012, 10:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Too many bachcha polapain with unrealistic expectations on this forum sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Back on topic: if Shakib is picked next game, I hope he gets a 20 ball 50 and gets 4 wickets.
Old April 11, 2012, 10:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by razath
I feel disappointed too with some comments in kkr facebook or icf forum but I dont blame fans and dont care abut kkr or indians...If you watch carefully, you will see that this fan passion is not for Shakib or Tami as an individual; there is always their heart for Bangladesh. I appreciate this younger generation for their love for Bangladesh. They are bold.

Let them raise their voice for Bangladesh. We should not try to stop their voice.

My 2cents

I have no problem with the passion. I applaud that. But as Zunaid said (and I paraphrase), passion is one thing, but non-stop panpanani is quite a different matter altogether.

Staying on topic: If Shakib plays the next game, I hope he gets the MoM award for a 30-ball 100, five wickets and three catches/runouts.
Old April 11, 2012, 10:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I have no problem with the passion. I applaud that. But as Zunaid said (and I paraphrase), passion is one thing, but non-stop panpanani is quite a different matter altogether.

Staying on topic: If Shakib plays the next game, I hope he gets the MoM award for a 30-ball 100, five wickets and three catches/runouts.
Is that reverse-panpanani? Man you do have hopes and bucket load of passion - chalaiya jan!

on-topic - I think Shakib thrives under on-field pressure as in game situation pressure. He has not faced it this match. Came in at over 15 when the cat was in the bag. Wasn't it?
Old April 11, 2012, 10:40 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

No comment any more. Keep going and prove yourself wrong.

All the best.
Old April 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Is that reverse-panpanani? Man you do have hopes and bucket load of passion - chalaiya jan!

on-topic - I think Shakib thrives under on-field pressure as in game situation pressure. He has not faced it this match. Came in at over 15 when the cat was in the bag. Wasn't it?
Not so much reverse-panpanani as anti-panpanani.

On your other point:

He certainly does thrive under pressure. Comes with the territory, I suppose. If you play for Bangladesh, you are always under pressure. You either sink or swim.

He was a little under the cosh yesterday. I think he did feel some pressure to perform having missed the first two IPL games. Maybe he's been reading all the comments on various cricket websites. And unfortunately for him, he couldn't perform all that well with the little opportunity he eventually got.

The KKR batting line-up is long and he'll have to perform as the No.7 batsman. He won't get an automatic promotion up the order until he does so, no matter how good his track record with the Bangladesh team.

I was somewhat surprised that he was brought on to bowl so late in the game, but given how much movement the seamers were getting on that pitch, I think it made sense. In any case, I take heart from the fact that Shakib was the only spinner that KKR used in that match. That counts for something.

I'm sure he will get to play the next game at Eden Gardens. Slower, lower pitch. That will be right up his alley. And he will shine with both bat and ball, as long as he doesn't let all the discussion about his selection / non-selection cloud his mind. He is a class act and that class will eventually shine through.
Old April 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
No comment any more. Keep going and prove yourself wrong.

All the best.
Why would you want me to prove myself wrong?
Old April 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

ipl e ashle shakiber batting er dhosh name ken?
Old April 11, 2012, 11:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

I mentioned this yesterday as well, Shakib was the only spinner for KKR and the pitch was a green one. So KKR took him as an important weapon. BUT those KKR fast bowlers just destroyed RCB's famous batting line up. As a captain why would you use your only spinner. At least he got 3 overs of bowling practice and claimed two wickets. I dont understand why people are claiming this as a conspiracy against Shak. Some people are saying Bisla intentionally missed the stumping so Shak cant win Man of the series Award. I think these kind of rubbish talking are not passion. Passion is something else.
Old April 11, 2012, 11:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
Its not Shaks fault. He is a no 4 batsman not no 7. he needs time and few balls to settle down and before start hitting. He is not that type of Batsman who can start hitting 6 from the first ball. But looking at KKR's batting line up it will be hard for Shak to come bat at no 4. may be this will be something new for him to bat at no 7 and start hitting from the first ball. As a world class player he should adopt it quickly..
Old April 11, 2012, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Because he is not a #7 batsman.. The time he comes into the crease he doesn't have much options.. At that point he have to go for the big shots even before judging the pitch condition properly .. you can only go for a well judged shot once you get used to the pitch by playing few balls.. Poor Shakib never gets that chance..KKR is just wasting his batting talent at #7... But they have no option though.. everyone who comes earlier than him needs to come earlier in the innings except for Pathan may be.. Pathan would've been perfect for #7 who can hit 6 from the very 1st ball.. But Pathan has really good record in batting in IPL so KKR won't demote him to #7 and unless Shakib does something extraordinary ..

I say IPL is just a complete waste of Shakib's time and talent.. Then again we can't deprive him from earning those big bucks.. Also the experience he is getting is invaluable too.. Here he is part of a star studded team where he is just another member not the heart of the team.. This is something new for our superstar player.. This will push him even further and he have to be the best at every dept to prove that he belongs there.. It's good for both Shakib and Tamim.. They are facing the toughest form of competition..
Old April 11, 2012, 12:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

it takes a little bit time to adjust.
Sakib now playing alongside big team's big players like Kallis,Lee,Gombhir.
When he plays for BD he plays with a lot more responsibility as he is the best player in the team & has the most important role to play.
Old April 11, 2012, 01:02 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I love how people just assumed that he isn't very passionate. And I just love how people are shocked and coming to their "senses."

Shakib seems like one those private guys who doesn't share his personalities publicly. Because he doesn't have to. So don't judge him based on the little you get to read on the papers.

He is opening up though.
Old April 11, 2012, 07:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
I am 40+ too but I want to share this picture. Enjoy.
Nice beats
Old April 12, 2012, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

‎Bangladesh Cultural Foundation had arranged "Bangladesh Sports Award 2011" tonight where all the performers of various sports have been awarded.

For excellent performance in the last one year, Nasir Hossain has been awarded the 'emerging player of the year' award. Shakib Al Hasan became the 'player of the year' with extraordinary performance with the bat and with the ball.

From the women, Salma Khatun won the 'player of the year' award while Khadijatul Kubra has won an award for her special contribution to Bangladesh women Cricket last year.

source: https://www.facebook.com/Shakib.Al.Hasan
Old April 12, 2012, 12:18 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
‎Bangladesh Cultural Foundation had arranged "Bangladesh Sports Award 2011" tonight where all the performers of various sports have been awarded.

For excellent performance in the last one year, Nasir Hossain has been awarded the 'emerging player of the year' award. Shakib Al Hasan became the 'player of the year' with extraordinary performance with the bat and with the ball.

From the women, Salma Khatun won the 'player of the year' award while Khadijatul Kubra has won an award for her special contribution to Bangladesh women Cricket last year.

source: https://www.facebook.com/Shakib.Al.Hasan
Copycat!..amader award copy korse!
Old April 12, 2012, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Copycat!..amader award copy korse!
Asholei, amaro pore prothome etai mathai ashchhe
Old April 12, 2012, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Nice beats
Most overprised and over-rated headphone brand in market right now.... (not my statement, check all reviews)...
Old April 12, 2012, 07:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Most overprised and over-rated headphone brand in market right now.... (not my statement, check all reviews)...
It might be overpriced but it looks good.
Old April 12, 2012, 07:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
ek sheeta ki magh jai? He came in when high risk shots were on the cards. One should not judge his batting performance from only one innings. And if one wishes then I would say Gayle, Kallis all had ducks in IPL as well.
Old April 12, 2012, 08:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
They're expensive but they are the best headphones out right now for sure. The sound quality is just too good.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old April 12, 2012, 09:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Meet the player: Shakib Al Hasan
Apr 13, 2012 |

Nickname: Foisal

On being ranked the world's No. 1 all-rounder:

Honestly, I don’t dream much. But yes, now that I’ve reached this level, there’s a feeling sometimes that maybe I’m living a dream.

Memorable moment: Our series win against West Indies at the Caribbean some three years ago. I was declared man of the series there. What made it even more special was that my teammates and myself had tasted all-round success on foreign soil for the first time.

Favourite sport other than cricket: It’s got to be football. In fact, I was into it wholeheartedly during my days in the Khulna division. Somehow later, I shifted towards cricket after being spotted in a talent-hunt.

Things without which life is impossible: My wallet, cell phone and playstation. In fact, the playstation is a mode of relaxation for me when I'm on tour.
Related Articles

Long-term goal: To be the best in the world.

http://www.asianage.com/cricket/meet...b-al-hasan-476

Last edited by oronnya; April 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM..
Old April 12, 2012, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
They're expensive but they are the best headphones out right now for sure. The sound quality is just too good.

Yeah - but the bass is out of this world! It actually makes your vision vibrate.
They are great!

PS: I borrowed my son's beats. I don't own one. Too flashy!
Old April 12, 2012, 10:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Oronnya apa! Thanks for sharing it

Bst in the world....hmmm....for that he definitely have to have much better performances like Gary Sobers/Kallis/Imran Khan....Insha Allah in matter of few years
Old April 13, 2012, 12:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Yeah - but the bass is out of this world! It actually makes your vision vibrate.
They are great!

PS: I borrowed my son's beats. I don't own one. Too flashy!
Yup the bass is something special on those.

Old April 13, 2012, 12:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Yup the bass is something special on those.

I agree. Bought my daughter one earlier this year - she is in a symbiotic relationship with her iPod. It does have great sound (particularly bass) - same color and design as the one in the picture (but they all look the same).