facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 15, 2012, 01:11 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I can't believe the hate and negativity in here right now. Before you open that trap and criticize him you should realize who you are talking about and where he is playing and for what team. You guys are one of the worst fans if the last kkk's game caused to say alllll that. Shame.

Disappointed, yes. But don't be disappointed IN Shakib. Spe for some damn ipl game.
Old April 15, 2012, 07:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Bhairey Bhai... eto tanatani Shakibkey niye. He is fine.
Old April 15, 2012, 09:03 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I can't believe the hate and negativity in here right now. Before you open that trap and criticize him you should realize who you are talking about and where he is playing and for what team. You guys are one of the worst fans if the last kkk's game caused to say alllll that. Shame.

Disappointed, yes. But don't be disappointed IN Shakib. Spe for some damn ipl game.
i don't think anyone is being hateful or negative towards shakib here. it's just that people are venting/sharing their frustration with other fans, simply because they believe in shak's abilites so strongly and have such high expectations from him

in any case, let's move on. what do you guys think about shakib's possibility in rest of the ipl matches?

i think he will be playing most of the remaining matches, if not all. he has proved to the kkr management that he is a matchwinner (at least with the ball) and that he brings the much needed balance to the team. but then, we saw narine bowling today and he did seem like a magician, at least at the current moment on a slow track. although, we shouldn't forget that he wasn't as effective in Jaipur against RR. so, narine might play at slower tracks and lee might play in faster tracks in place of narine. i think mcculum can come in place of TD if he finds his form. those possibilities will shakib in the team.

political reasons might add to shakib's inclusion we all know SRK and KKR management are good politicians. srk is not that popular in kolkata anymore after kicking dada out of the team (which instigated the exodus of many Bengali players out of KKR). shak is arguably the second most popular bengali cricketer in kolkata after dada at the moment (at least it seems like it from the news media) and kolkata public seem to demand shak's inclusion quite strongly. kkr management doesn't give a crap about our "panpanani", but they might not want to disappoint kolkata public further by excluding one of their favorites who is also one of the best cricketers/matchwinners in the team.

so, just to be clear (as many people in this forum tend to misunderstand or misconstrue statements), I am saying that a) shakib has proved his abilities, and b) the issue with the lack of big name (which probably caused his exclusion from the first 2 games) might get made up by his popularity in kolkata, thus giving him a good chance to play in the remaining matches.

one thing i am worried about is whether he would get any more chance to bat up the order ahead of pathan and TD/Mcculum..... if he bats after pathan and TD at number 7, it might really hold him back from performing up to his potential with the bat....
Old April 15, 2012, 10:58 PM
Cricket Legend

To be honest with this type of Batting Shakib wont be stay in the main 11 for too long... KKR giving him chance for Batting at no 5 ...But both matches he failed very badly comparing his standard
Old April 15, 2012, 11:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Shakib doesn't really need to prove anything to anyone. He is a country man...that's why he is more lax in his batting when he is not in national duty. I would leave him alone and could care less if he plays or doesn't play the rest of the IPL matches....let him enjoy his time

If he REALLY wanted it that badly, he would make a statement with the bat, I am sure, he would put in that same effort and concentration as he does when in national duty.

as for his bowling, it comes quite naturally, hence why he is so destructive with the ball in any format, any opposition, any venue...
Old April 16, 2012, 02:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
I just hate you Shakib !!! stupid stupid shot !!!! no need to go for it... How hard it is to rotate the strike for u...
calm down sis. He'll be the MOM again soon iA.
Old April 16, 2012, 04:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

I think I know whats his problem, he is trying to prove himself as the best, well he doesn't need to, he is already no.1 allrounder, just enjoy the game Shakib. Should just tone down and play his natural instinctive game, when you enjoy the game everything will fall in to places.
Old April 16, 2012, 04:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
I think I know whats his problem, he is trying to prove himself as the best, well he doesn't need to, he is already no.1 allrounder, just enjoy the game Shakib. Should just tone down and play his natural instinctive game, when you enjoy the game everything will fall in to places.
Its easier said to done mate. There's too much pressure on him to prove his worth in the team and retain his place. When every move is being scrutinized, you hardly can enjoy your job. The same thing is happening with Shakib here. I am sure if he was given the trust and authority to play his natural game without concentrating on other factors like he gets playing for Bangladesh, he would have performed much better in IPL.
Old April 16, 2012, 06:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Its easier said to done mate. There's too much pressure on him to prove his worth in the team and retain his place. When every move is being scrutinized, you hardly can enjoy your job. The same thing is happening with Shakib here. I am sure if he was given the trust and authority to play his natural game without concentrating on other factors like he gets playing for Bangladesh, he would have performed much better in IPL.
It is never easy but he needs to get this done asap. Not just IPL(it doesn't matter which team he plays) in future every Tom, Dick and Harry will question, scrutinize his credibility, its the nature of the status he is enjoying(no 1 all rounder). He has to get the mindset of ignoring haters and should concentrate on enjoying the game. He will do it, as his fan I love to see him go to a greater level than he is now.
Old April 16, 2012, 07:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
what pressure did he have when playing in county for worcestershire, the he was with ajmal place retained, no pressure of getting dropped! Why can't we agree he is utter failure in T20 Battling, why is it hard to believe?

I think it's unfair to always Blame KKR Management, he should play at Position 6!

on the other hand - Tamim Rocks in T20, will see soon, come on pune.

In ODI he has enough time to settle in and is rightly regarded as the worlds best all-rounder currently.
Old April 16, 2012, 07:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I believe it's a confidence issue when he plays abroad. While his stats look solid at home, they aren't nearly as good when he goes abroad. It is definitely an adjustment for any player to play away from home. The overall atmosphere in India is different then in Bangladesh. I mean 45,000 people in a stadium? Our biggest stadium fits only 25,000 people. So it's something different for sure and I believe Shakib is not completely mentally adjusted to this type of environment. Once he does, however, I believe we will start to see a better Shakib. Let's not forget here that while he is one of our legends in BD cricket, he still has some ways to go in improving his game which is the scary part since he's already so good.
Old April 16, 2012, 08:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Jacques Kallis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM B2C
Why can't we agree he is utter failure in T20 Battling, why is it hard to believe?
let's not forget that he averaged 40 in BPL with a SR of 140..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 16, 2012, 08:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by fush_montor
let's not forget that he averaged 40 in BPL with a SR of 140..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
and in Asia cup his SR was 110
Old April 16, 2012, 08:41 AM
Test Cricketer

http://www.cricketcountry.com/cricke...ing-loss/13494
IPL 2012: Important to win next two matches, says Shakib after disappointing loss
Old April 16, 2012, 09:31 AM
Banned

guy's that are saying Shakib averaged 40 in BPL with strike rate of 140! please come to reality.

The 86 he has scored in BPL has increased his average and strike rate, otherwise poor battling.

and about the ASIA CUP, it was not a T20 Tournment, I myself admire his battling in ODI.

Let's also not forget as stated by waqar younus (Dhaka is a cement Pitch)
Old April 16, 2012, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
calm down sis. He'll be the MOM again soon iA.
Yeah I know I over reacted .. Sorry for that..

It's not that I am frustrated why he is not doing well in IPL.. It's not about IPL.. I don't care whether they pick him for the next match or not. But he should perform regardless.. all I expect from him is to not to make a silly mistake or make a fool out of him.. He is a smart cricketer and he has a great ability to read the situation and play accordingly. The silly/stupid mistakes just doesn't go with his name.. It doesn't matter where he is playing , he should at least live upto his reputation and try to do his best whenever he is playing .. I am not disappointed with his bowling (though he didn't do that well by his standard).. but while batting all we wanted is sensible approach from him.. He should really concentrate on that..

He always says that he doesn't feel any pressure while playing for the national team, may be because he is given the full liberty to express himself.. The national team depends on him and he is always ready to take that responsibility.. But I think he feels the pressure when he plays for domestic leagues or any other leagues all over the world as they don't rely entirely on him and they ask him to prove himself everytime.. So it's the pressure which makes him look so clueless. But he should adjust to this situation asap and start performing... The leagues pay the players big bucks and of course they will keep their players on their toes and ask for the maximum performance.

Anyways, though we ask a lot from him, he is still a 25 year old young guy who has a loootttt to learn. In Shakib we trust- so no worries
Old April 16, 2012, 10:28 AM
Banned

honestly, even Harbhajan Singh is better than Shakib in T20 Battling.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-p...yer/29264.html
Old April 16, 2012, 10:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Problem with shakibs batting is he cant score boundaries other then the slog swip...against RCB he tried to hit on the off side he got caught, then against RR he hit that 6 from slog swip, and last game he tried twice playing the shot and finally got out. where is his super cut shot he always plays? he is still concentrating on his bowling too much and forgetting his shots....
Old April 16, 2012, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
honestly, even Harbhajan Singh is better than Shakib in T20 Battling.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-p...yer/29264.html
Would you please stop spelling batting as 'battling' all the time FFS?
Old April 16, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Problem with shakibs batting is he cant score boundaries other then the slog swip...against RCB he tried to hit on the off side he got caught, then against RR he hit that 6 from slog swip, and last game he tried twice playing the shot and finally got out. where is his super cut shot he always plays? he is still concentrating on his bowling too much and forgetting his shots....
or may be that's the order- that is to practice the slog sweeps in the nets..

Cause Shakib usually doesn't play like that .. he starts by rotating the strike, then tries to hit boundaries and then if he gets chance he goes for the big ones.. God know what happens to his judgement in these intl league
Old April 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Director Joy Bhattacharjya's thought on yesterday's loss-

A heartbreaking loss for the Knights

A difficult day for all KKR lovers and fans. It was a truly heartbreaking loss – and captain Gautam spared no one in the dressing room, including himself. It also spoilt the party for Sunil – who got the first ever 5 wicket haul by a KKR bowler.

We will be back – and we have a chance to make amends immediately – as we travel to Chandigarh to play Punjab again. Balaji is also better and will be fit for the next match.

The one thing that Trevor stressed after the match was that it was better to have a terrible day like this early – than towards the end of the tournament.

Shakib and Sunil have now both claimed Man of the Match awards, joining Balaji – and if our batsmen get their act together – we should be a tough team to beat.
Keep believing!

So it looks like Shak is playing the next match and he better perform this time for his fan's sake .. Allah bhorosha !!
Old April 16, 2012, 01:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I believe it's a confidence issue when he plays abroad. While his stats look solid at home, they aren't nearly as good when he goes abroad. It is definitely an adjustment for any player to play away from home. The overall atmosphere in India is different then in Bangladesh. I mean 45,000 people in a stadium? Our biggest stadium fits only 25,000 people. So it's something different for sure and I believe Shakib is not completely mentally adjusted to this type of environment. Once he does, however, I believe we will start to see a better Shakib. Let's not forget here that while he is one of our legends in BD cricket, he still has some ways to go in improving his game which is the scary part since he's already so good.
I would respectfully disagree.
Shakib has indeed performed overseas many times in New Zealand, England, South Africa.(He has an ODI century in Pakistan, Test Century against New Zealand)

on another note, there is not much difference between 25000, and 45000...yes the number is huge, but psychologically, it is not that much of a difference... remember Shakib in his early days scored a 60+ innings against Sri Lanka in Champions trophy, in India 2006 against a full capacity crowd.

the real issue may be incentive, besides the money, once there is a higher incentive(like Country etc) then he will inshaAllah rise to the occasion, so ALhamdulilah! I am not really worried.

with that being said, We should solidify our Top order in the national team just so Shakib doesn't have clean up the mess every single freakin time, this will allow him to perform even better, as a result our team chemistry in the national team will significantly improve because you know that there are guys in the top order who can finish the game for you(Tamim, Kayes, insert#3batsmen here, Rahim).

remember Mashrafee Mortaza once said, "It feels good to lose in IPL, then to win"..Antora apu's sig or something along these lines.
Old April 17, 2012, 01:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Why can't we agree he is utter failure in T20 Battling, why is it hard to believe?
We can't agree because we have seen what he is capable of even in T20. Wait and watch - he will make you eat your words.
Old April 17, 2012, 02:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Would you please stop spelling batting as 'battling' all the time FFS?
Battling: present participle of bat·tle (Verb)

Verb:

1.Fight or struggle tenaciously to achieve or resist something: "he has been battling against the illness".
2.Engage in a fight or struggle against

Exhibit A

Sreesanth who clearly lost more than a "battle" while battling Harbhajan-he may have lost teeth, his dignity not to mention a few mls of water (electrolytes included) as well as a non-existent contract with Fair and Lovely TM. However he is likely to be recruited for the next Napoleon Dynamite movie

Exhibit B

Harbhajan battling a train aka rawalpindi express-which he also won albeit with the bat
Exhibit C

Ishant Sharma even managed to lose a hypothetical made up battle with harbhajan after which he somehow obtained a very nicely bruised peri-orbital region

Exhibit D

Not even Laxman was safe

Harbhajan is a better Battler than SHakib

For more evidence I present to you Harbhajan's alter-ego- Ash Katchem

There are many more examples but I rest my case-Ash I mean Harbhajan is a better Battler in all forms of "Battling" (Ash here may or not be in reference to ashraful Ash or maybe not)
Old April 17, 2012, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
We can't agree because we have seen what he is capable of even in T20. Wait and watch - he will make you eat your words.
Yes he can do that once in every 15/20 match I myself know that! but consistently, NO!