facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 25, 2012, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
https://twitter.com/#!/moina2
is this authentic shakib?
It looks like it. He replied to Grant Luden.
Old April 25, 2012, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Bowling fine but Shakib wants to improve his batting
Press Trust of India Last updated on Wednesday, 25 April 2012 20:33

Kolkata: No one can fault his effort as far as his bowling in this IPL is concerned, but star all-rounder Shakib Al-Hasan feels that it's about time that he starts contributing with the willow.

He has taken six wickets at an average of less than 11 run per wicket but according to Shakib that's only half the job done.

"From the three matches I played, I was man-of-the-match once. I've done well as a bowler. I'm now focussing on my batting. By the God's grace, I hope to do well as a batsman," the unassuming Bangladeshi all-rounder, said here on Wednesday.

KKR has been one of the most popular sides but Shakib believes that this year is the opportunity to win the IPL title.

"The team atmosphere is just perfect. We are improving match by match. We are looking to be more consistent. We are taking one match at a time. Our first aim is to make it to the last four (play-offs). Then we will focus on winning the title. But I'm sure we will do better than last year," Shakib said.

The Bangladeshi further said the conditions here were similar to that of his country so it helped in delivering his best.

"I always feel at home here. I've have been playing here since U-15 days. I always feel confident playing here," he said.

Asked whether they are all geared up to face Sourav Ganguly-led-Pune Warriors at home on May 5, Shakib said: "It's just any other match."

"As I said, we are taking one match at a time, so our target now is to win against Royal Challengers on April 28. There will not be any additional pressure against Pune (Warriors India). The spectators, though, may feel the heat," he said.

The IPL is giving the cricketers a perfect preparation ahead of the ICC World Twenty20 to be held in Sri Lanka this September-October, Shakib said.

"Here you get to play against all the big players. A good performance here definitely boosts your confidence. I hope everybody will be happy with my performance in IPL. I always played for the team, to contribute in all the three departments."

The all-rounder also thanked everybody in Bangladesh for his rise in international cricket.

"I owe my success to everybody in Bangladesh. Right from the groundsmen to coach, my family, friends...everybody. It's difficult to name anybody particular," the 25-year-old said.

http://sports.ndtv.com/ipl-2012/news...ve-his-batting
Old April 25, 2012, 11:14 AM
Test Cricketer

nice read.........
Old April 25, 2012, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

glad that he is focussing on his batting.. Let's hope he does well next time..
Old April 25, 2012, 12:07 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib-al-hasan

Quote:
https://twitter.com/#!/moina2
is this authentic shakib?
no bro.this's d original shakib

http://twitter.com/shakib_al_hasan

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 25, 2012, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
nice read.........
Yeah it was a good interview.. Look how the interviewer kept Shakib engaged with some interesting question and look at our BDnews 24 interviewer questions.. Didn't make him feel comfortable from the beginning by asking a stupid question like why KKR is not letting him play.. what would be the answer? we all know what's the answer... It's the KKR management who decides whatever is best for their team .. nothing much Shakib can do here...emon shob question korse je ogulor uttor dilei Shakib controversy te porto..
Old April 25, 2012, 12:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Yeah it was a good interview.. Look how the interviewer kept Shakib engaged with some interesting question and look at our BDnews 24 interviewer questions.. Didn't make him feel comfortable from the beginning by asking a stupid question like why KKR is not letting him play.. what would be the answer? we all know what's the answer... It's the KKR management who decides whatever is best for their team .. nothing much Shakib can do here...emon shob question korse je ogulor uttor dilei Shakib controversy te porto..
may be that was their agenda
Old April 25, 2012, 12:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azim71

sorr br thats deffo not him
Old April 25, 2012, 12:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad

ami aage o bosli ami oder dosh deini as they were very young. ami siddons er dosh dei. siddons oder ke kokhono kisu bolto na so ete onno player ra oder kas theke alada hoye jete pare.
it's clear and that guy is a divisive character and can't unite a team, that's clear from his own statements in public. Even as recent as his interview with Harsha, after the Asia cup performance, he has failed to go beyond his personal favs.

And if a captain and VC gets too much power from a coach...it's always bound to be misused. They are all young and inexperienced guys. I don't blame the players for that. An incompetent coach always runs a team on this principle.

Dressing room situation has improved drastically under Mushy and Law. Well all those reports may not be 100% true, but there definitely wasn't a healthy environment under JS.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old April 25, 2012, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
may be that was their agenda
Ta to oboshhoi noile ei paragraph to purai oprashongik:

"কাট কাট উত্তর দেন বলে সাকিবের সাথে আলাপচারিতা খুব ভালো জমে না। এর মধ্যেই কাজ চালাতে হয়। সেলিব্রেটিদের মেজাজ মর্জির ওপর অনেক কিছু নির্ভর করে। খোশ মেজাজে থাকলে অনেক কিছু পাওয়া যায়। সাকিব আল হাসানও তো ক্রিকেট সেলিব্রেটি।"

er uddeshho bujhei Shakib kete porse meeting er kotha bole.. smart boy
Old April 25, 2012, 01:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Ta to oboshhoi noile ei paragraph to purai oprashongik:

"কাট কাট উত্তর দেন বলে সাকিবের সাথে আলাপচারিতা খুব ভালো জমে না। এর মধ্যেই কাজ চালাতে হয়। সেলিব্রেটিদের মেজাজ মর্জির ওপর অনেক কিছু নির্ভর করে। খোশ মেজাজে থাকলে অনেক কিছু পাওয়া যায়। সাকিব আল হাসানও তো ক্রিকেট সেলিব্রেটি।"

er uddeshho bujhei Shakib kete porse meeting er kotha bole.. smart boy
yap..................
Old April 25, 2012, 05:33 PM
Test Cricketer

http://www.anandabazar.com/26khela3.html
৫ মে ইডেন নাইটদের দিকে: সাকিব
Old April 25, 2012, 09:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
http://www.anandabazar.com/26khela3.html
৫ মে ইডেন নাইটদের দিকে: সাকিব
Thanks for sharing !!!
Old April 25, 2012, 10:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azim71

thts th fake one
Old April 25, 2012, 10:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ can you please just change your avatar. It's really irritating to look at. It's odd. There I said it.
Old April 26, 2012, 12:34 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Shakib focussing on batting: In his three matches in the IPL so far, Shakib Al Hasan had been effective with the ball for Kolkata Knight Riders, claiming six wickets and conceding less than a run a ball. But he has managed just 24 runs in that time, and this is something he is looking to address. "From the three matches I played, I was Man of the Match once. I've done well as a bowler, but I'm now focussing on my batting,” Shakib was quoted as saying by PTI. “I hope to do well as a batsman.” His next chance to do so could be on Saturday, when Knight Riders host Royal Challengers Bangalore
http://blogs.espncricinfo.com/iplwat...e_april_26.php
Old April 26, 2012, 12:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib-al-hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
thts th fake one
so what's d real 1?can u give d link or username?

Old April 26, 2012, 03:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

I hope Shakib does well in his batting but doesnt lose his bowling also
Old April 26, 2012, 04:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Shakib's batting is fine-if you bring in a guy in the 18th over and at other stages when they need 8+ runs an over with the guy at the other end struggling of course you don't expect good scores-the third match was a failure but that too in a purple patch of bowling from Pyush chawla-so it's good he's working on his battting but it's more an illusion created by KKR policies

Shakib should ignore KKR feedback because frankly their "Attempting to think"-tank are a bunch of useless losers who thrive on egos
Old April 26, 2012, 05:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

If Shakib needs to work on his batting then Jacques Kallis should work on everything. His batting is slow. Hes bowling ok so i would drop him to no. 7.

Dont get me wrong i respect and love Kallis but T20 is definitely not his cup of tea. KKR cant drop a high profile like Kallis. They dont have the guts. No one would have the guts.
Old April 27, 2012, 01:18 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Shakib's performance in IPL so far (average, economy and strike rate wise)

Average: Shakib has the 3rd best Average of 10.66, following Malinga (MI) and Apanna (RCB)

Economy Rate: Among the bowlers who bowled at least 10 overs, Shakib has the 3rd best Economy Rate of 5.81, after Malinga (MI) and Balaji (KKR)

Strike Rate: Shakib has the 4th best Strike Rate among the bowlers who bowled at least 10 overs (@ 11.00). Others are Morkel (Delhi), Malinga (MI) and Awana (Punjab).

He also have 6 wickets in 3 matches. One of the most consistent performers I've seen
Old April 27, 2012, 08:34 AM
MLC World Series I

^ Clearly, KKR wants Shakib to perform with the bat as well.

I don't know why he brain farts while playing for franchises in the T20. His batting performance for Worcs in the last season of Friends T20 has been really awful.
Old April 28, 2012, 06:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Will he play or Not play ...? Any News of Injury in KKR Team?? If not...

Chances are less, KKR is already on # 2 in the points table, will KKR change their team at this point?? Generally they turn to their savior when they are in trouble.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old April 28, 2012, 08:35 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

His batting and bowling both are fine and ICC ranking proves it with the data. No need to get KKR's approval, where the losers rank the players by their glamor and not performance data. They want to infuse Bollywood culture into IPL. One of these way, SRK will start to bat and drop Gambhir to make room for himself
Old April 28, 2012, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

so looks like once again he isnt in the playing 11.... and here we go again...

anyways doesnt matter anymore....