facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 28, 2012, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

haar KKhaar araamse haar
Old April 28, 2012, 10:58 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: None

Shakib is not in the playing 11 today the 28th April KKR vs RCB
Iqbal Abdulla is in !!
Old April 28, 2012, 11:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by riankhan
Shakib's performance in IPL so far (average, economy and strike rate wise)

Average: Shakib has the 3rd best Average of 10.66, following Malinga (MI) and Apanna (RCB)

Economy Rate: Among the bowlers who bowled at least 10 overs, Shakib has the 3rd best Economy Rate of 5.81, after Malinga (MI) and Balaji (KKR)

Strike Rate: Shakib has the 4th best Strike Rate among the bowlers who bowled at least 10 overs (@ 11.00). Others are Morkel (Delhi), Malinga (MI) and Awana (Punjab).

He also have 6 wickets in 3 matches. One of the most consistent performers I've seen
Great Dig mate
Old April 28, 2012, 08:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Hopefully Shakib plays soon.
Old April 29, 2012, 01:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Hopefully Shakib plays soon.
He needs to improve his batting. Despite the best of just "26'.
Old April 29, 2012, 01:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipu606
Shakib is not in the playing 11 today the 28th April KKR vs RCB
Iqbal Abdulla is in !!
But guess what, he didn't even bowl a single delivery.
Old April 29, 2012, 02:04 AM
Club Cricketer

It is my take that Wassim Akram is the man who is not allowing Sakib to be in playing eleven because of suspended tour of Pakistani. It is Wassim akram who managed a job for Whatmore in Pakistan and also Wassim has good relationship with SKR therefore he is trying to put more pressure as much as possible on BCB and the Bangladeshi fans to visit Pakistan, then only will be possible for Sakib to be in KKR playing eleven.
Old April 29, 2012, 03:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sireza
It is my take that Wassim Akram is the man who is not allowing Sakib to be in playing eleven because of suspended tour of Pakistani. It is Wassim akram who managed a job for Whatmore in Pakistan and also Wassim has good relationship with SKR therefore he is trying to put more pressure as much as possible on BCB and the Bangladeshi fans to visit Pakistan, then only will be possible for Sakib to be in KKR playing eleven.
interesting point but i doubt that is the case.
Old April 29, 2012, 03:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Very good point.
Nice brother.
Old April 29, 2012, 07:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
bhai what are you smoking? I could really use some before final, amare ektu diben
Old April 29, 2012, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
bhai what are you smoking? I could really use some before final, amare ektu diben
HAHAHAHHA amar keo dao ektu.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 29, 2012, 09:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
really? I am not so sure about that..... The few matches Shakib did play, I saw him sitting in the dugout next to Wasim most of the time. I also saw him talking to and sharing jokes with Wasim. Plus, I have my doubts about WA's relationship with PCB, as well as how patriotic he is (he speaks openly about his grudge against many things in Pakistan).

in any case, that is an interesting point of view. the question is why Shakib is being neglected...... be it SRK, Ghambir, WA or other folks at KKR management, something somewhere is going wrong, and Shakib should get another IPL team next year (if he still wants to play IPL).

let's take the positive though; BCB hasn't been able to arrange any international matches before the t20 worldcup. so, shakib (& Tamim) are getting their much needed practice at the nets of IPL, as well as getting to know the key t20 performers of each team..... i hope we could arrange some practice for other players as well....
Old April 29, 2012, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Rox
He needs to improve his batting. Despite the best of just "26'.
I think the "" icon should be used where it's appropriate.. what is sooo "" about having a highest of 26?? When does he come to bat in KKR?? Most of the time he doesn't have time to build an innings.. it's always hit or miss for him.. of course as a smart cricketer he should know how to asses the situation and bat accordingly but hey he has been excellent with the ball.. He is an all-rounder.. not always he will click in both department.. Yeah as a fan we expect him to excel in every dept but that doesn't mean we are ashamed of what he is doing.. Kallist gave away 17 runs in 1 over and scored a duck few matches age- KKR lost the match.. did anyone even speak about that?? Cullum mia was given chance over and over again.. Why does Shakib have to prove himself in each and every match and with both bat and ball just to get into the playing XI ??

I really don't want him to play any matches for KKR because if he makes a single mistake they will blame him whereas YP, Kallis, Cullum are untouchables !!
Old April 29, 2012, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2man007
really? I am not so sure about that..... The few matches Shakib did play, I saw him sitting in the dugout next to Wasim most of the time. I also saw him talking to and sharing jokes with Wasim. Plus, I have my doubts about WA's relationship with PCB, as well as how patriotic he is (he speaks openly about his grudge against many things in Pakistan).

in any case, that is an interesting point of view. the question is why Shakib is being neglected...... be it SRK, Ghambir, WA or other folks at KKR management, something somewhere is going wrong, and Shakib should get another IPL team next year (if he still wants to play IPL).

let's take the positive though; BCB hasn't been able to arrange any international matches before the t20 worldcup. so, shakib (& Tamim) are getting their much needed practice at the nets of IPL, as well as getting to know the key t20 performers of each team..... i hope we could arrange some practice for other players as well....
Agreed ...
Old April 29, 2012, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

It's KKR's loss that they are not playing him...they are just winning because there's always one key performer...otherwise the looks of YK/Kallis/Cullum's just showing them stong on paper, but on field it's a different case!

Tendo's also one of the "in-form" players, which KKR has also ignored this time...and what was about taking Abdullah and not playing him....really the management has been "top-notched" this season!
Old April 29, 2012, 02:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
I think the "" icon should be used where it's appropriate.. what is sooo "" about having a highest of 26?? When does he come to bat in KKR?? Most of the time he doesn't have time to build an innings.. it's always hit or miss for him.. of course as a smart cricketer he should know how to asses the situation and bat accordingly but hey he has been excellent with the ball.. He is an all-rounder.. not always he will click in both department.. Yeah as a fan we expect him to excel in every dept but that doesn't mean we are ashamed of what he is doing.. Kallist gave away 17 runs in 1 over and scored a duck few matches age- KKR lost the match.. did anyone even speak about that?? Cullum mia was given chance over and over again.. Why does Shakib have to prove himself in each and every match and with both bat and ball just to get into the playing XI ??

I really don't want him to play any matches for KKR because if he makes a single mistake they will blame him whereas YP, Kallis, Cullum are untouchables !!
Now I'm really with you, brother.
Old April 29, 2012, 02:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
It's KKR's loss that they are not playing him...they are just winning because there's always one key performer...otherwise the looks of YK/Kallis/Cullum's just showing them stong on paper, but on field it's a different case!

Tendo's also one of the "in-form" players, which KKR has also ignored this time...and what was about taking Abdullah and not playing him....really the management has been "top-notched" this season!
But, KKR can't replace Abdulla for Tendo. Only 4 foreign playas in XI are allowed. And the locals can't replace the foreigners. I reckon IPL should allow 5 foreigners in each time. 4 is too cheap.
Old April 29, 2012, 02:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
I think the "" icon should be used where it's appropriate.. what is sooo ""
Quote:
Oronnya didi can use icon appropriately after she will see the reply to her post by BD Rox
Old April 29, 2012, 03:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Oronnya didi can use icon appropriately after she will see the reply to her post by BD Rox
He meant, Bhai, as in Hindi Movies... jharita kharap chilo na.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old April 29, 2012, 04:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
He meant, Bhai, as in Hindi Movies... jharita kharap chilo na.
dhur dhur jhari hobe kan??? ki jani hothat emon react keno korlam ashole Shakib er shathe KKR er emon bimata shulobh achoron dekhe emnitei mejaj kharap chhilo tar upor jodi nijeder lokjon e or performance e lojja pai taholeto ettu kharap lagbei.. Amar shoja kotha Shakib er class er ekta playerke keno barbar nijeke prove korte hobe jekhane Kallis, Cullum or YP ra bhul er por bhul koreo regular khele jachhe... ettogulo shujog Shakib ke deya hole ekdin or bat o click korto...
Old April 29, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Thanksss brother for getting my point
Old April 29, 2012, 08:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
dhur dhur jhari hobe kan??? ki jani hothat emon react keno korlam ashole Shakib er shathe KKR er emon bimata shulobh achoron dekhe emnitei mejaj kharap chhilo tar upor jodi nijeder lokjon e or performance e lojja pai taholeto ettu kharap lagbei.. Amar shoja kotha Shakib er class er ekta playerke keno barbar nijeke prove korte hobe jekhane Kallis, Cullum or YP ra bhul er por bhul koreo regular khele jachhe... ettogulo shujog Shakib ke deya hole ekdin or bat o click korto...
thik-i ache. react kora abar ki? onayjjo kotha shunle at least somebody speaks up.... so, thank you sis.
Old April 29, 2012, 10:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Random question, wasn't Shakib studying in AIUB a few years ago? Did he graduate? Mushy's basically finished his Masters degree, so I suppose Shakib should be finished with his Bachelors! (Though I do suppose Shakib has more playing commitments abroad than Mushy, but still)
Old April 29, 2012, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Random question, wasn't Shakib studying in AIUB a few years ago? Did he graduate? Mushy's basically finished his Masters degree, so I suppose Shakib should be finished with his Bachelors! (Though I do suppose Shakib has more playing commitments abroad than Mushy, but still)
That's what I've been thinking for a long time.. When does he get a chance to study?? He has been playing continuous cricket since 2010...

That's why when he asked for break I thought he might have to appear for his exams..

or may be by now he knows that he has a settled career in cricket so may be gave up on studies..

Do you know about Tamim's educational background??
Old April 29, 2012, 10:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2man007
thik-i ache. react kora abar ki? onayjjo kotha shunle at least somebody speaks up.... so, thank you sis.
ha ha.. thank you.. majhe majhe bhabi Shakib er bappere ami ettu beshi e react kori ashole.. kintu amar mone hoi ei chhoto ekta chhele ekta desher 16 koti manusher expectation ekla nijer kadhe boye amader cricket ke kotdur niye eshechhhe..shudhu ei jonnoi to amader or kachhe krittoggo thaka uchit... oboshho or ekhono bohudur jawa baki.. he is capable of reaching those heights of some greatest legends of the game.. Allah Bhorosha..