facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4826  
Old April 28, 2012, 09:19 AM
zinatf's Avatar
zinatf zinatf is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 1, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee
Posts: 4,663

haar KKhaar araamse haar
__________________
jitsi jitsi jitsi
Reply With Quote
  #4827  
Old April 28, 2012, 10:58 AM
Tipu606 Tipu606 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 9, 2012
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: None
Posts: 66

Shakib is not in the playing 11 today the 28th April KKR vs RCB
Iqbal Abdulla is in !!
Reply With Quote
  #4828  
Old April 28, 2012, 11:47 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by riankhan
Shakib's performance in IPL so far (average, economy and strike rate wise)

Average: Shakib has the 3rd best Average of 10.66, following Malinga (MI) and Apanna (RCB)

Economy Rate: Among the bowlers who bowled at least 10 overs, Shakib has the 3rd best Economy Rate of 5.81, after Malinga (MI) and Balaji (KKR)

Strike Rate: Shakib has the 4th best Strike Rate among the bowlers who bowled at least 10 overs (@ 11.00). Others are Morkel (Delhi), Malinga (MI) and Awana (Punjab).

He also have 6 wickets in 3 matches. One of the most consistent performers I've seen
Great Dig mate
Reply With Quote
  #4829  
Old April 28, 2012, 08:04 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,377

Hopefully Shakib plays soon.
Reply With Quote
  #4830  
Old April 29, 2012, 01:32 AM
BD Rox's Avatar
BD Rox BD Rox is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 20, 2012
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Hopefully Shakib plays soon.
He needs to improve his batting. Despite the best of just "26'.
__________________
I FLY PRIVATE WHEN I GO-DRAKE
Reply With Quote
  #4831  
Old April 29, 2012, 01:33 AM
BD Rox's Avatar
BD Rox BD Rox is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 20, 2012
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipu606
Shakib is not in the playing 11 today the 28th April KKR vs RCB
Iqbal Abdulla is in !!
But guess what, he didn't even bowl a single delivery.
__________________
I FLY PRIVATE WHEN I GO-DRAKE
Reply With Quote
  #4832  
Old April 29, 2012, 02:04 AM
sireza sireza is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 13, 2006
Posts: 67

It is my take that Wassim Akram is the man who is not allowing Sakib to be in playing eleven because of suspended tour of Pakistani. It is Wassim akram who managed a job for Whatmore in Pakistan and also Wassim has good relationship with SKR therefore he is trying to put more pressure as much as possible on BCB and the Bangladeshi fans to visit Pakistan, then only will be possible for Sakib to be in KKR playing eleven.
Reply With Quote
  #4833  
Old April 29, 2012, 03:14 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,377

Quote:
Originally Posted by sireza
It is my take that Wassim Akram is the man who is not allowing Sakib to be in playing eleven because of suspended tour of Pakistani. It is Wassim akram who managed a job for Whatmore in Pakistan and also Wassim has good relationship with SKR therefore he is trying to put more pressure as much as possible on BCB and the Bangladeshi fans to visit Pakistan, then only will be possible for Sakib to be in KKR playing eleven.
interesting point but i doubt that is the case.
Reply With Quote
  #4834  
Old April 29, 2012, 03:33 AM
BD Rox's Avatar
BD Rox BD Rox is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 20, 2012
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by sireza
It is my take that Wassim Akram is the man who is not allowing Sakib to be in playing eleven because of suspended tour of Pakistani. It is Wassim akram who managed a job for Whatmore in Pakistan and also Wassim has good relationship with SKR therefore he is trying to put more pressure as much as possible on BCB and the Bangladeshi fans to visit Pakistan, then only will be possible for Sakib to be in KKR playing eleven.
Very good point.
Nice brother.
__________________
I FLY PRIVATE WHEN I GO-DRAKE
Reply With Quote
  #4835  
Old April 29, 2012, 07:24 AM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by sireza
It is my take that Wassim Akram is the man who is not allowing Sakib to be in playing eleven because of suspended tour of Pakistani. It is Wassim akram who managed a job for Whatmore in Pakistan and also Wassim has good relationship with SKR therefore he is trying to put more pressure as much as possible on BCB and the Bangladeshi fans to visit Pakistan, then only will be possible for Sakib to be in KKR playing eleven.
bhai what are you smoking? I could really use some before final, amare ektu diben
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #4836  
Old April 29, 2012, 08:03 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
bhai what are you smoking? I could really use some before final, amare ektu diben
HAHAHAHHA amar keo dao ektu.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #4837  
Old April 29, 2012, 09:14 AM
x2man007 x2man007 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 19, 2010
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by sireza
It is my take that Wassim Akram is the man who is not allowing Sakib to be in playing eleven because of suspended tour of Pakistani. It is Wassim akram who managed a job for Whatmore in Pakistan and also Wassim has good relationship with SKR therefore he is trying to put more pressure as much as possible on BCB and the Bangladeshi fans to visit Pakistan, then only will be possible for Sakib to be in KKR playing eleven.
really? I am not so sure about that..... The few matches Shakib did play, I saw him sitting in the dugout next to Wasim most of the time. I also saw him talking to and sharing jokes with Wasim. Plus, I have my doubts about WA's relationship with PCB, as well as how patriotic he is (he speaks openly about his grudge against many things in Pakistan).

in any case, that is an interesting point of view. the question is why Shakib is being neglected...... be it SRK, Ghambir, WA or other folks at KKR management, something somewhere is going wrong, and Shakib should get another IPL team next year (if he still wants to play IPL).

let's take the positive though; BCB hasn't been able to arrange any international matches before the t20 worldcup. so, shakib (& Tamim) are getting their much needed practice at the nets of IPL, as well as getting to know the key t20 performers of each team..... i hope we could arrange some practice for other players as well....
Reply With Quote
  #4838  
Old April 29, 2012, 09:29 AM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Rox
He needs to improve his batting. Despite the best of just "26'.
I think the "" icon should be used where it's appropriate.. what is sooo "" about having a highest of 26?? When does he come to bat in KKR?? Most of the time he doesn't have time to build an innings.. it's always hit or miss for him.. of course as a smart cricketer he should know how to asses the situation and bat accordingly but hey he has been excellent with the ball.. He is an all-rounder.. not always he will click in both department.. Yeah as a fan we expect him to excel in every dept but that doesn't mean we are ashamed of what he is doing.. Kallist gave away 17 runs in 1 over and scored a duck few matches age- KKR lost the match.. did anyone even speak about that?? Cullum mia was given chance over and over again.. Why does Shakib have to prove himself in each and every match and with both bat and ball just to get into the playing XI ??

I really don't want him to play any matches for KKR because if he makes a single mistake they will blame him whereas YP, Kallis, Cullum are untouchables !!
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #4839  
Old April 29, 2012, 09:31 AM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2man007
really? I am not so sure about that..... The few matches Shakib did play, I saw him sitting in the dugout next to Wasim most of the time. I also saw him talking to and sharing jokes with Wasim. Plus, I have my doubts about WA's relationship with PCB, as well as how patriotic he is (he speaks openly about his grudge against many things in Pakistan).

in any case, that is an interesting point of view. the question is why Shakib is being neglected...... be it SRK, Ghambir, WA or other folks at KKR management, something somewhere is going wrong, and Shakib should get another IPL team next year (if he still wants to play IPL).

let's take the positive though; BCB hasn't been able to arrange any international matches before the t20 worldcup. so, shakib (& Tamim) are getting their much needed practice at the nets of IPL, as well as getting to know the key t20 performers of each team..... i hope we could arrange some practice for other players as well....
Agreed ...
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #4840  
Old April 29, 2012, 09:44 AM
zinatf's Avatar
zinatf zinatf is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 1, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee
Posts: 4,663

It's KKR's loss that they are not playing him...they are just winning because there's always one key performer...otherwise the looks of YK/Kallis/Cullum's just showing them stong on paper, but on field it's a different case!

Tendo's also one of the "in-form" players, which KKR has also ignored this time...and what was about taking Abdullah and not playing him....really the management has been "top-notched" this season!
__________________
jitsi jitsi jitsi
Reply With Quote
  #4841  
Old April 29, 2012, 02:08 PM
BD Rox's Avatar
BD Rox BD Rox is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 20, 2012
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
I think the "" icon should be used where it's appropriate.. what is sooo "" about having a highest of 26?? When does he come to bat in KKR?? Most of the time he doesn't have time to build an innings.. it's always hit or miss for him.. of course as a smart cricketer he should know how to asses the situation and bat accordingly but hey he has been excellent with the ball.. He is an all-rounder.. not always he will click in both department.. Yeah as a fan we expect him to excel in every dept but that doesn't mean we are ashamed of what he is doing.. Kallist gave away 17 runs in 1 over and scored a duck few matches age- KKR lost the match.. did anyone even speak about that?? Cullum mia was given chance over and over again.. Why does Shakib have to prove himself in each and every match and with both bat and ball just to get into the playing XI ??

I really don't want him to play any matches for KKR because if he makes a single mistake they will blame him whereas YP, Kallis, Cullum are untouchables !!
Now I'm really with you, brother.
__________________
I FLY PRIVATE WHEN I GO-DRAKE
Reply With Quote
  #4842  
Old April 29, 2012, 02:11 PM
BD Rox's Avatar
BD Rox BD Rox is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 20, 2012
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
It's KKR's loss that they are not playing him...they are just winning because there's always one key performer...otherwise the looks of YK/Kallis/Cullum's just showing them stong on paper, but on field it's a different case!

Tendo's also one of the "in-form" players, which KKR has also ignored this time...and what was about taking Abdullah and not playing him....really the management has been "top-notched" this season!
But, KKR can't replace Abdulla for Tendo. Only 4 foreign playas in XI are allowed. And the locals can't replace the foreigners. I reckon IPL should allow 5 foreigners in each time. 4 is too cheap.
__________________
I FLY PRIVATE WHEN I GO-DRAKE
Reply With Quote
  #4843  
Old April 29, 2012, 02:34 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,445

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
I think the "" icon should be used where it's appropriate.. what is sooo ""
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Rox
Now I'm really with you, brother.
Oronnya didi can use icon appropriately after she will see the reply to her post by BD Rox
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #4844  
Old April 29, 2012, 03:54 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Oronnya didi can use icon appropriately after she will see the reply to her post by BD Rox
He meant, Bhai, as in Hindi Movies... jharita kharap chilo na.
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #4845  
Old April 29, 2012, 04:26 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
He meant, Bhai, as in Hindi Movies... jharita kharap chilo na.
dhur dhur jhari hobe kan??? ki jani hothat emon react keno korlam ashole Shakib er shathe KKR er emon bimata shulobh achoron dekhe emnitei mejaj kharap chhilo tar upor jodi nijeder lokjon e or performance e lojja pai taholeto ettu kharap lagbei.. Amar shoja kotha Shakib er class er ekta playerke keno barbar nijeke prove korte hobe jekhane Kallis, Cullum or YP ra bhul er por bhul koreo regular khele jachhe... ettogulo shujog Shakib ke deya hole ekdin or bat o click korto...
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #4846  
Old April 29, 2012, 04:27 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Rox
Now I'm really with you, brother.
Thanksss brother for getting my point
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #4847  
Old April 29, 2012, 08:23 PM
x2man007 x2man007 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 19, 2010
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
dhur dhur jhari hobe kan??? ki jani hothat emon react keno korlam ashole Shakib er shathe KKR er emon bimata shulobh achoron dekhe emnitei mejaj kharap chhilo tar upor jodi nijeder lokjon e or performance e lojja pai taholeto ettu kharap lagbei.. Amar shoja kotha Shakib er class er ekta playerke keno barbar nijeke prove korte hobe jekhane Kallis, Cullum or YP ra bhul er por bhul koreo regular khele jachhe... ettogulo shujog Shakib ke deya hole ekdin or bat o click korto...
thik-i ache. react kora abar ki? onayjjo kotha shunle at least somebody speaks up.... so, thank you sis.
Reply With Quote
  #4848  
Old April 29, 2012, 10:31 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,522

Random question, wasn't Shakib studying in AIUB a few years ago? Did he graduate? Mushy's basically finished his Masters degree, so I suppose Shakib should be finished with his Bachelors! (Though I do suppose Shakib has more playing commitments abroad than Mushy, but still)
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #4849  
Old April 29, 2012, 10:37 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Random question, wasn't Shakib studying in AIUB a few years ago? Did he graduate? Mushy's basically finished his Masters degree, so I suppose Shakib should be finished with his Bachelors! (Though I do suppose Shakib has more playing commitments abroad than Mushy, but still)
That's what I've been thinking for a long time.. When does he get a chance to study?? He has been playing continuous cricket since 2010...

That's why when he asked for break I thought he might have to appear for his exams..

or may be by now he knows that he has a settled career in cricket so may be gave up on studies..

Do you know about Tamim's educational background??
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #4850  
Old April 29, 2012, 10:46 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2man007
thik-i ache. react kora abar ki? onayjjo kotha shunle at least somebody speaks up.... so, thank you sis.
ha ha.. thank you.. majhe majhe bhabi Shakib er bappere ami ettu beshi e react kori ashole.. kintu amar mone hoi ei chhoto ekta chhele ekta desher 16 koti manusher expectation ekla nijer kadhe boye amader cricket ke kotdur niye eshechhhe..shudhu ei jonnoi to amader or kachhe krittoggo thaka uchit... oboshho or ekhono bohudur jawa baki.. he is capable of reaching those heights of some greatest legends of the game.. Allah Bhorosha..
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket