facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 6, 2012, 09:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
My question to Shakib.

Would he have joined Essex County Cricket Club if BCB gave him an NOC ?
the situation was there will be no national duty until the T20 WC.. so there was 3-4 long monthes wothout any cricket. So Shakib didnt want to miss the oppertuanity to play some more cricket with Essex and then take a long break before the World Cup. Now all of a sudden BCB managed to get bunch of tours. If these tours arent there shakib would have played for Essex... Shakib didnt say that he wants to skip the tour and play somewhere.. all he wanted a deserved break.
Old June 6, 2012, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Old June 6, 2012, 09:41 PM
MLC World Series I

One needs to manage their star player. You don't want him to be burned out during the WC & tours later.

It's not his fault that DPL got postponed and BCB were unorganized and sketched out a tour to Zimbabwe and Europe at the last moment.

Ofcourse he would have played county. Remember he said he wanted to be excused for two weeks initially. And if the counties didn't agree, he wouldn't sign.

So a lot of factors are behind this. Don't beat yourself up too much about the issue. Maybe we will find some one in his absence. Who knows? And it will teach the rest where they stand without Shakib in the team. There are a lot of positives from this!
Old June 6, 2012, 09:42 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
^ Quite a passive aggressive argument in line with expectations. I am tired of hearing about stardom and the past. There is a job to be done, and a professional needs to do the job. He gets his fare share of pats on the back - but a professional is a professional.

Emotions and emoticons aside - do your job.
His job is to be fit for the official T20/ODI/Test matches. There's very little to gain from burning himself out in a hastily-organized practice tournament. On the other hand, someone like Tamim needs the match practice.
Old June 6, 2012, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
One needs to manage their star player. You don't want him to be burned out during the WC & tours later.

It's not his fault that DPL got postponed and BCB were unorganized and sketched out a tour to Zimbabwe and Europe at the last moment.

Ofcourse he would have played county. Remember he said he wanted to be excused for two weeks initially. And if the counties didn't agree, he wouldn't sign.

So a lot of factors are behind this. Don't beat yourself up too much about the issue. Maybe we will find some one in his absence. Who knows? And it will teach the rest where they stand without Shakib in the team. There are a lot of positives from this!
exactly
Old June 6, 2012, 10:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

If the dude says he needs to rest, he needs to rest! WTF is the big deal about this prep tour? Sure it's always great to watch him play all the time, but I'd rather have him recoup and then perform on a much bigger stage. Active rest in a key to any professional athlete's performance.

Has he not had an adequate number of T20 matches in the BPL and IPL to be ahead of other Bangladeshis in the mix for the T20I WC? How can we accuse him for his timing when the DPL Mafia screwed things up in the first place?

Seriously, some guys need to get a grip.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 7, 2012, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

No matter. Pybus will do the right thing which is to give Shakib a much deserved rest.
Old June 7, 2012, 01:29 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

chandan kather gha...

..so much for an alpha male resting only to winnow wheats...
Old June 7, 2012, 08:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Some people always tend to critisize Shakib. If Shakib says something frankly,people say he is mannerless.If Shakib stay queit,they say he is unsocial. If Shakib scores a fifty,people say why he didn't score century? Now,some guys r questioning Shakib's commitment to Bd cricket after he sought rest in practice matches! SA gave rest to 5 key players.We can't single player who is playing continuously for last 2 yr?And Shakib is bound to play DPL because he is in agreement.Why the hell,BCB delayed DPL for 1 month for silly reason?Shakib lays golden eggs for Bd team.Don't kill the duck like that greedy farmer in that old story.

Last edited by Saifulsohel; June 7, 2012 at 09:28 AM..
Old June 7, 2012, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

^ Agree with you. (admin where?)
Old June 7, 2012, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
Some people always tend to critisize Shakib. If Shakib says something frankly,people say he is mannerless.If Shakib stay queit,they say he is unsocial. If Shakib scores a fifty,people say why he didn't score century? Now,some guys r questioning Shakib's commitment to Bd cricket after he sought rest in practice matches! SA gave rest to 5 key players.We can't single player who is playing continuously for last 2 yr?And Shakib is bound to play DPL because he is in agreement.Why the hell,BCB delayed DPL for 1 month for silly reason?Shakib lays golden eggs for Bd team.Don't kill the duck like that greedy farmer in that old story.
Are you the admin of that Cricket Bangladesh page on Facebook?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old June 7, 2012, 09:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

was reading the article on PA regarding Sakib's chuti,and then read the comments of PA readers below, unlike BC members most of them are not happy about Sakib's decision.

Anyway,I personally think Sakib deserves a break, and this unofficial tour is not so important for Sakib as he has been playing in IPL.

But I agree with MoC bhai that he left it too late, his timing was pretty bad.
He has been saying that he needs a break, but then he was also ready for the county as far as I understood...but then BCB didn't let him join county for Zim tour and now he is saying he needs rest .
Overall not so convincing to me.
Just my opinion.
having said that I have a lot of respect and admire his professionalism but this just proves that he is a human being like us.
Old June 7, 2012, 09:45 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Imagine if they took him to Zimbabwe and just benched him for a couple of the matches haha Paid vacation!
Old June 7, 2012, 09:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Are you the admin of that Cricket Bangladesh page on Facebook?
$ ya i am also admin bangladesh cricket team- tigers- page.
Old June 7, 2012, 09:52 AM
Test Cricketer

the world we are in is not ideal and we gotta make the best of it.....
don't overkill the goose that lays golden eggs.....get him what he wants!
Old June 7, 2012, 09:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

According to Banglanews24 Shakib will miss next IPL due to National team's Zim tour next year in April. That's an answer for those who are questioning Shakib's.commitment.
Old June 7, 2012, 10:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

IMO b4 getting into suffer for stress/fatigue situation If A busy star allrounder like Shakib wants to have rest, he should be given. emonto aar na je, amader doshta pachta aaro Shakib ache! Star hishabe taake ektu extra care ba exception deoa uchit. Shakib ekhon khubee high demand player, tai extra match khele injury/stress na ene shamner khela gulor opor monojog deoa dorkar. Asha kori Europe tour aar Srilanka leager age she fit thakbe.
Tachaara On the rack, playerder shujog deoyaoto uchit.
Old June 7, 2012, 10:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

hehe,I found a new nick for Sakib ,"the gooseman"

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old June 7, 2012, 11:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

BCB knows very well that with out Sakib , it will be difficult to beat any team . So they want him desperately to play . BCB specially Loitta doesn't care about Sakib's health issue. Now I think this Loitta was behind the scene to keep Tamim out of Pune team !! ( His connection with Sahara group) !! India rested the star players and played with "B" team against Zimb. few yrs. ago.
Old June 7, 2012, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

^BBhai tamim-re niya kotha baad den...onek hoise eita niye....
Old June 7, 2012, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
was reading the article on PA regarding Sakib's chuti,and then read the comments of PA readers below, unlike BC members most of them are not happy about Sakib's decision.

Anyway,I personally think Sakib deserves a break, and this unofficial tour is not so important for Sakib as he has been playing in IPL.

But I agree with MoC bhai that he left it too late, his timing was pretty bad.
He has been saying that he needs a break, but then he was also ready for the county as far as I understood...but then BCB didn't let him join county for Zim tour and now he is saying he needs rest .
Overall not so convincing to me.
Just my opinion.
having said that I have a lot of respect and admire his professionalism but this just proves that he is a human being like us.
Actually he was not sure when he was playing IPL that whether he will be able to play in June or not.. He said wayyy earlier that he would say no to any county if they require him to play right after IPL !!!

He was not so interested in county this year (he said it in an interview early this year).. but when he saw BCB is failing to manage any tour and Zim series got cancelled he thought it's better to play some cricket than to sit idle for 3 months !! So he accepted a county offer. But then all of a sudden BCB managed these Zim and Europe tour so he had to say no to county..

When he landed Dhaka journalists asked him whether he would take a break or not. He was not sure then as he felt he is fit enough to play some more cricket but he said it will depend on how the rest of the DPL goes..He is not sure what he will do as his mind changes every time depending on the situation.. So seems like he picked some injuries during this DPL and may be feeling tired now as he had to play DPL right after the IPL even without a day's break.. So he felt he needs some rest in order to perform well..

He is indeed very professional and never asked for a break in the last 4 years ..he even played for national team with injuries..angul fule dhol hoye gechhilo tao bowl kore gechhe Zim series e.. break nai ni.. now he might be really feeling tired.. shorirer upor ki jor khate naki??? BCB shouldn't have make a drama out of it and give him the deserved break as this match is not that imp..
Old June 7, 2012, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

OMG OMG..Shakib responded to me in Twitter. This just made my day. This made my week. I love you Shakib.

https://twitter.com/moina2/status/210772107364274176
Old June 7, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
OMG OMG..Shakib responded to me in Twitter. This just made my day. This made my week. I love you Shakib.

Yeah got my reply too !! Looks like he replied to everyone today .. shurjo kondike uthlo?? Mushy tahole inspire korse... .. good to see even a person like Shakib is openning up.. now hope all the others like Tamim and Mash will join
Old June 7, 2012, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Yeah just saw you and Zinat got replies too. But I still feel special . After all, I spoke to Bangladesher Jaan, Bangladesher Pran, Shakib Al Hasan.
Old June 7, 2012, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Woowww Shakib favourited my tweet