facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2012, 01:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
Who will replace shakib now?

Mominul, sabbir, alok, najmul hossain milon?
No way for Nazmul & Sabbir. Mominul should make it.
Old June 9, 2012, 01:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
@1stlane oh c'mon, Shakib is THE only STAR we have ATM. He is the highest income earner among all time BD players ever did. BCB must have learned from recent ECB-KP issue. Shakib deservs this vacation.
No being star player has nothing to do with it... He played continuously last 4 years and whenever he was asked when he going to take a break and rest he always replied cricket career is very short so he wants to play as much as possible... He even did his national duty with injured finger still never asked for a break... Now if he has asked for it that means he really needs it and we do feel last couple of months has been hectic for him..

He was contracted with IPL last year and there was no national duty conflicting as there were no matches till August.. Now it's not Shakib's fault that BCB was so clumsy in managing some series and finalized everything at the eleventh hour.. people must be forgetting he said NO to county for national duty.. He need a fresh mind to focus well in the next couple of imp series..

For God's sake it's just a practice match.. If we can't compete without Shakib at this level even in practice match then we should stop playing cricket.. If 2 or 3 irrational people questions his dedication it won't matter in anyway.. they are always there to criticize .. Again the same people finds it extremely prestigious if some other players manage to get into one of these competitive private leagues...

amra nijera to shobai desher jonno nijer shob shartho tyg kore boshe achhi je ashchhi ekhon arekjoner deshoprem niye proshno tulte.... criticize kora shobshomoyei shoja kichhu kore dekhanoi kothin...
Old June 9, 2012, 01:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

“I watched the last league match yesterday (Friday) and what I found was that Shakib looked really tired, so I believe this break will help him a lot. You can't simply replace a player like Shakib. We thought that we have five pacers and four spinners in the team and that's why we chose an extra batsman in Jahurul,” said chief selector Akram Khan.
“As I earlier said, Jahurul was unlucky not to be picked in the team initially and this was because of the team combination. It's nice that he is finally included in the side,” he added.
Old June 9, 2012, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
I agree with you completely. As to people saying about RSA resting players... when we get to RSA's level - then perhaps we can compare. As for now, we are still in the doldrums.

I agree with firstlane.
i really dont get what you are talking about? To avoid injury RSA resting their key players who have played the whole ipl(even though they have enough quality back up player)... And you want to risk shakib for some unofficial match when we dont have anyone even with half quality to replace him? If you still stick to your opinion its better not to argue anymore

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old June 9, 2012, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Lets not go to Zim & Ireland then. Tamim, Mash or others might get injured as well.
oh..yes..sure.. Give rest tamim,mash and others because they are constantly playing cricket for the last 2 year... Can you please inform me how matches they have played after the asia cup??
And do i need to tell you differences between official and unofficial matches?

Old June 9, 2012, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
i really dont get what you are talking about? RSA resting their key players who have played the ipl (even though they have quality back up player) to aviod injury.. And you want to play shakib when we dont have anyone even with half quality to replace him? If you still stick to your opinion its better not to argue anymore

That's what I say, what's the point in arguing.
Old June 9, 2012, 02:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

I understand that national duty comes first but I think, to me Shakib's IPL stint (and DPLto some extent) holds more importance than these unofficial practice matches. There is an interview where Gambhir was very keen to point out Shakib's small but vital contributions in the final. These are the things that make me proud of Shakib and makes me proud that he is from Bangladesh. It lifts our entire cricketing identity up a notch and its not just about himself.
He is an experienced player who doesn't need to be tested and since he has been playing continuously for so long does not need practice either. Him sitting out also mean someone else gets a chance to show what he has got.
He has got to a point where he should be an "ambassador" to our cricket, sending him off to counties and leagues rather than making him play practice matches for the sake of "team bonding".
Just my two cents.
Old June 9, 2012, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
No argument on that. But why at the expense of national duty? Why not DPL or IPL?
IPL gives him good revenue, and the tour itself was undecided for quite some time. DPL, he is the captain and you can't ditch the team in final two matches.

These are unofficial practise matches for chrissakes. If he doesn't play agains Ireland/Ned, we'll talk.
Old June 9, 2012, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
I understand that national duty comes first but I think, to me Shakib's IPL stint (and DPLto some extent) holds more importance than these unofficial practice matches. There is an interview where Gambhir was very keen to point out Shakib's small but vital contributions in the final. These are the things that make me proud of Shakib and makes me proud that he is from Bangladesh. It lifts our entire cricketing identity up a notch and its not just about himself.
He is an experienced player who doesn't need to be tested and since he has been playing continuously for so long does not need practice either. Him sitting out also mean someone else gets a chance to show what he has got.
He has got to a point where he should be an "ambassador" to our cricket, sending him off to counties and leagues rather than making him play practice matches for the sake of "team bonding".
Just my two cents.
Excellent post, couldn't agree more!
Old June 9, 2012, 04:41 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Excellent post, couldn't agree more!
Absolutely disagree. I don't get it why people are lambasting this tourney because of the unofficial tag. This is the problem with us of being complacent. (I have so much to say, right Doc? :P )
Old June 9, 2012, 05:01 PM
Cricket Legend

complacent howar kichhu nei .. Shakib jokhon IPL khelchhilo tokhon to r janto na je ei tour hobe.. o IPL e jawar agei bolchhe IPL theke fire ebar brk nibe county te jabe na.. Zim tour jokhon cancel holo tokhon county te sign up korlo tao shorto chhilo o straight IPL theke jabe na... So ei break ta onek age thekei thik kora r BCB o janto... ta she ekhon brk na nile nibe kokhon... arre shorirer upor ki jor khate naki...
Old June 9, 2012, 05:18 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
complacent howar kichhu nei .. Shakib jokhon IPL khelchhilo tokhon to r janto na je ei tour hobe.. o IPL e jawar agei bolchhe IPL theke fire ebar brk nibe county te jabe na.. Zim tour jokhon cancel holo tokhon county te sign up korlo tao shorto chhilo o straight IPL theke jabe na... So ei break ta onek age thekei thik kora r BCB o janto... ta she ekhon brk na nile nibe kokhon... arre shorirer upor ki jor khate naki...
I disagreed about 22yards saying that he doesn't need practice.
Old June 9, 2012, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I disagreed about 22yards saying that he doesn't need practice.
Oh ok
Old June 10, 2012, 02:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
He was contracted with IPL last year and there was no national duty conflicting as there were no matches till August.. Now it's not Shakib's fault that BCB was so clumsy in managing some series and finalized everything at the eleventh hour..
So what? He should be available when the country needs him. As if no other player left in the middle of IPL. To be honest I don't blame Shakib much. Every one wants to make money. And if allowed everyone will want to be like Gayle. Its the BCB who should have asked him to return if he needed break before Zimbabwe tour. But again what can we expect from BCB? They don't even have the power to call up players for a U-19 team while DPL is on.

Quote:
For God's sake it's just a practice match..
Yes but the cricket world won't care about the status of the match if we lose against Zimbabwe. Everyone will say we lost to Zimbabwe again.

Quote:
If we can't compete without Shakib at this level even in practice match then we should stop playing cricket..
We are not there yet. We have managed to lose against Zimbabwe in near past. And when it comes to t20 I would be more concerned.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
If 2 or 3 irrational people questions his dedication it won't matter in anyway.. they are always there to criticize .. Again the same people finds it extremely prestigious if some other players manage to get into one of these competitive private leagues...
Yes, I do feel proud that Shakib is representing us in IPL but I wouldn't mind if he left early for national duty.

Quote:
amra nijera to shobai desher jonno nijer shob shartho tyg kore boshe achhi je ashchhi ekhon arekjoner deshoprem niye proshno tulte.... criticize kora shobshomoyei shoja kichhu kore dekhanoi kothin...
Seriously, do you hear yourself? how far would you go with your lame argument to defend Shakib? Next time aapni jokhon Lotus er desprem niye proshno tulben tokhon apnakeo jiggesh korbo aapni desher jonno ki sacrifice koresen je arekjoner deshprem niye proshno tulen? aapnar ei comment shune WC er shomoi Shakib er shei comment er kotha mone pore gelo jokhon Shakib ex-cricketer der bolesilo 'unara ki kore dekhiesen je amader performance niye question koren'. Pore obossho Shakib or bhul bujhte perese ebong khoma cheyese.
We all love Shakib but that doesn't mean we will say everything he does is right. And I am not blindly blaming Shakib. I am also questioning BCB's way of handling our best player. As I said before if allowed everyone will prefer earning money than playing for the country.
Old June 10, 2012, 02:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

^^ no need to take it so seriously. Shakib needs rest. South Africa are using their second string side. Its not a big deal if Shakib plays. This is a practice match. Matches without Shakib will be better for the team as it will allow Shakib to rest but also the team will learn to be less reliant on Shakib to get the job done.
Old June 10, 2012, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Absolutely disagree. I don't get it why people are lambasting this tourney because of the unofficial tag. This is the problem with us of being complacent. (I have so much to say, right Doc? :P )
I disagree here too Zee!

Let Ice Man enjoy his days off - open a fun thread full of witty ideas how he could spent all these days he has now ... !
Old June 10, 2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
So what? He should be available when the country needs him.
Country doesn't need him. BCB accepted his request as country doen't need him for this unofficial series. Simple and valid.
Old June 10, 2012, 05:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Oh C'mon, give him a break. Shakib that is.
There is nothing wrong in taking a break during an unofficial series mainly aimed at giving players match practice in this format, something Shakib have had a plenty over the last couple of non stop round the year cricket including IPL and English T20.

And no, he is NOT choosing club over country. He will be there in Netherlands for the official games of Bangladesh cricket team.

If it were upto me, I'd have given him a break even from that tour.
Good chance Shakib will be playing in SLPL come this August and by then, he would have enough T20 match experience.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 10, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Old June 10, 2012, 06:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Even-though I totally understand Shakib(that he played too much cricket) he shouldn't skip international tournaments (playing for the country) will set a bad precedent for the kids who follow him.

Shakib will definitely end up being a legend in Bangladesh so he needs to define what sort of legacy he is going to leave behind to the future generations. Imho he should have skipped DPL and should have played for the country.

P.S: Just read its un-official so no harm done, Shakib can take all the rest he wants. un-official tournaments are testing grounds for un-proven players.
Old June 10, 2012, 06:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Happy holidays Shakib - where is he going, any idea?
Old June 10, 2012, 06:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
He is going to Harare to watch Bangladesh play (J/K)
Old June 10, 2012, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Bench Café.
Old June 10, 2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
নাযিমগড়
Old June 10, 2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
He is going to Harare to watch Bangladesh play (J/K)
Ja! Dilen to hashatey hashatey pet fatiye Mo bhai!!!