facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 10, 2012, 07:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
নাযিমগড়
wow!!! thats awesome!!!!

Got to visit there once in my life for sure
Old June 10, 2012, 08:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Goartami'r ekta shima asey. Amar shobai time to time oi shima longghon kori to prove a point even when the topic is over our head.
Old June 10, 2012, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

His gonna enjoy his days off watching the Euro 2012 lol as we all know he is a BIG football fan
Old June 10, 2012, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
নাযিমগড়
Thanks for this I had no idea. Wonderful.
Old June 10, 2012, 10:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Goartami'r ekta shima asey. Amar shobai time to time oi shima longghon kori to prove a point even when the topic is over our head.
This country is unique because its reckless citizens. Millions of ppl destroying this country every single seconds but morons are making fuss that why did a professional cricketer went to made $400000 in IPL? These ppl made me to regret that why a player like shakib has born in this land where he became controversial to earn money rightfully.
Old June 10, 2012, 10:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Happy holidays Shakib - where is he going, any idea?
He will be visiting brokerage houses to invest his money in Dhaka stock exchange :$
Old June 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
I can't digest that. How come BCB is allowing that? Its not the first time this is happening. Why didn't he come home earlier from Kolkata and take time off from DPL? What was he doing there after the final match while all other overseas players had left? It doesn't matter how big of a superstar you are, national duty should be your first priority. Player like Kevin Petersen had to leave IPL because of national duty, to play against a team like WI. Sure England could win without him. The matches in Zimbabwe might not be official but why does that matter? Those matches are important for our preparation for t20 WC and we shall try our best to win them. I understand Shakib is in a great place in terms of match fitness but what about bonding with the team? What about executing the plans as part of the team under a new coach? He is our key player. I don't care if he wins IPL or DPL, I want to see him giving his best shot to win as many games as possible every time the national team plays.
Because a person can have his own priority and desire. And if he goes after without damaging anyone or the country then nobody can stop him.
Old June 10, 2012, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
So what? He should be available when the country needs him. As if no other player left in the middle of IPL. To be honest I don't blame Shakib much. Every one wants to make money. And if allowed everyone will want to be like Gayle. Its the BCB who should have asked him to return if he needed break before Zimbabwe tour. But again what can we expect from BCB? They don't even have the power to call up players for a U-19 team while DPL is on.

Yes but the cricket world won't care about the status of the match if we lose against Zimbabwe. Everyone will say we lost to Zimbabwe again.

We are not there yet. We have managed to lose against Zimbabwe in near past. And when it comes to t20 I would be more concerned.

Yes, I do feel proud that Shakib is representing us in IPL but I wouldn't mind if he left early for national duty.

Seriously, do you hear yourself? how far would you go with your lame argument to defend Shakib? Next time aapni jokhon Lotus er desprem niye proshno tulben tokhon apnakeo jiggesh korbo aapni desher jonno ki sacrifice koresen je arekjoner deshprem niye proshno tulen? aapnar ei comment shune WC er shomoi Shakib er shei comment er kotha mone pore gelo jokhon Shakib ex-cricketer der bolesilo 'unara ki kore dekhiesen je amader performance niye question koren'. Pore obossho Shakib or bhul bujhte perese ebong khoma cheyese.
We all love Shakib but that doesn't mean we will say everything he does is right. And I am not blindly blaming Shakib. I am also questioning BCB's way of handling our best player. As I said before if allowed everyone will prefer earning money than playing for the country.
I second your post.
Old June 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
S

We are not there yet. We have managed to lose against Zimbabwe in near past. And when it comes to t20 I would be more concerned.

Seriously, do you hear yourself? how far would you go with your lame argument to defend Shakib? Next time aapni jokhon Lotus er desprem niye proshno tulben tokhon apnakeo jiggesh korbo aapni desher jonno ki sacrifice koresen je arekjoner deshprem niye proshno tulen? aapnar ei comment shune WC er shomoi Shakib er shei comment er kotha mone pore gelo jokhon Shakib ex-cricketer der bolesilo 'unara ki kore dekhiesen je amader performance niye question koren'. Pore obossho Shakib or bhul bujhte perese ebong khoma cheyese.
We all love Shakib but that doesn't mean we will say everything he does is right. And I am not blindly blaming Shakib. I am also questioning BCB's way of handling our best player. As I said before if allowed everyone will prefer earning money than playing for the country.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly we lost to Zim even with Shakib in the team... Shakib alone can't make much difference if the others doesn't perform.. So if they lose to Zim again it's not because Shakib wasn't there rather none of the other players took the responsibility which they should have...

ami amar kothai bolechhi r amar moto bakider kotha... You can read my some previous post then you will see how worthless I feel about myself for not being able to do anything for my country... It's not for Shakib... I wrote it about in totally a different topic earlier... amar kotha hochhe deshprem er dohai dewar kono mane nei... amra karo deshprem niye question korte parin na... kenona amra nijerao desher jonno kichhu kori na... amra nijeder sharthei desh chhere bideshe porte ashchhi r bideshe chakri korchhi... amader majhe koijoner shahosh achhe ei shob kichhu chhere deshe giye notun kore shob shuru korar kinba desher kaaje nijeke utshorgo korar? ei chhelegila desher hoyei khele r amader kichhu proud moment dai...oituku respect oder prappo.. oder deshprem niye amader proshno kora uchit na..
Old June 10, 2012, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Exactly we lost to Zim even with Shakib in the team... Shakib alone can't make much difference if the others doesn't perform.. So if they lose to Zim again it's not because Shakib wasn't there rather none of the other players took the responsibility which they should have...

ami amar kothai bolechhi r amar moto bakider kotha... You can read my some previous post then you will see how worthless I feel about myself for not being able to do anything for my country... It's not for Shakib... I wrote it about in totally a different topic earlier... amar kotha hochhe deshprem er dohai dewar kono mane nei... amra karo deshprem niye question korte parin na... kenona amra nijerao desher jonno kichhu kori na... amra nijeder sharthei desh chhere bideshe porte ashchhi r bideshe chakri korchhi... amader majhe koijoner shahosh achhe ei shob kichhu chhere deshe giye notun kore shob shuru korar kinba desher kaaje nijeke utshorgo korar? ei chhelegila desher hoyei khele r amader kichhu proud moment dai...oituku respect oder prappo.. oder deshprem niye amader proshno kora uchit na..
well said apu..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old June 10, 2012, 02:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Prothomgolli bhai, eibarer moto Moyna ke maf koira den.
let's skip this conversation and talk about the upcoming series.
Bangladesh jemon Dhaka kendrik temoni BD cricket o beshi Sakib kendrik hoye jachchey.
We need to look beyond.
We have a squad of more than eleven players who are carrying the flag too.
Let's talk about them rather than one or two guys,shall we?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old June 10, 2012, 03:48 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Prothomgolli bhai, eibarer moto Moyna ke maf koira den.
let's skip this conversation and talk about the upcoming series.
Bangladesh jemon Dhaka kendrik temoni BD cricket o beshi Sakib kendrik hoye jachchey.
We need to look beyond.
We have a squad of more than eleven players who are carrying the flag too.
Let's talk about them rather than one or two guys,shall we?

Yes... but in their threads.
Old June 10, 2012, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Who is replacing Shakib would be a better question to ask.
Old June 11, 2012, 12:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Probably Shakib is the first Bangladeshi cricketer in the history of Bangladeshi cricket who has asked for a break for excessive cricket.

Good to see the Ice man is having a break.
Old June 11, 2012, 06:42 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
So what? He should be available when the country needs him.
He is! He is indeed thinking about country's reputation in the world cup. In order for him to perform his best in the wc the whole world is looking at, he needs some rest. Even if we lose with Zm, may be it will be a news for a day. If we do really well in the wc, the whole world will praise bd for days, like the asia cup. It's a simple cost-benefit analysis and shakib got it right. You critics are too near-sighted.

Quote:
As if no other player left in the middle of IPL.
Yes, they do, at the request of their board. DId BCB ask shakib to leave IPL? you guys are saying that shakib must have played because else we might run the risk of losing to one of the lowest ranked teams without him. If that's the case, BCB should have considered shakib's recent heavy load and scheduled the series accordingly if he was a must-play player (sparing a couple weeks or so)!

Quote:
But again what can we expect from BCB? They don't even have the power to call up players for a U-19 team while DPL is on.
Oh, please! It's not the power. In terms of power, BCB has plenty. They have the power to commit to play in Pakistan against the will and safety of all the players. They have the power to sack someone like Siddons for being honest. It's called the lack of COMPETENCY!

Quote:
how far would you go with your lame argument to defend Shakib? Next time aapni jokhon Lotus er desprem niye proshno tulben tokhon apnakeo jiggesh korbo aapni desher jonno ki sacrifice koresen je arekjoner deshprem niye proshno tulen?
Seriously? You are comparing Shakib with Lotus? Even the best of critics will agree that Shakib is the most competent person at his job. Can even the Lotus-lovers say that about Lotus? How has Lotus represented Bd to the rest of the world and how has Shakib?
Old June 11, 2012, 07:17 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Given that this series is unofficial I don't mind that Shakib has opted out. If it was a full T20I series though he would need to be there and he would be there. There has been no question of Shakib's commitment in the past. He's playing district cricket right now so the need for rest isn't the problem. I think he is wanting more time at home after so much time in India. Mental rest not physical rest.
Old June 11, 2012, 10:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2man007
He is! He is indeed thinking about country's reputation in the world cup. In order for him to perform his best in the wc the whole world is looking at, he needs some rest. Even if we lose with Zm, may be it will be a news for a day. If we do really well in the wc, the whole world will praise bd for days, like the asia cup. It's a simple cost-benefit analysis and shakib got it right. You critics are too near-sighted.

Yes, they do, at the request of their board. DId BCB ask shakib to leave IPL? you guys are saying that shakib must have played because else we might run the risk of losing to one of the lowest ranked teams without him. If that's the case, BCB should have considered shakib's recent heavy load and scheduled the series accordingly if he was a must-play player (sparing a couple weeks or so)!

Oh, please! It's not the power. In terms of power, BCB has plenty. They have the power to commit to play in Pakistan against the will and safety of all the players. They have the power to sack someone like Siddons for being honest. It's called the lack of COMPETENCY!

Seriously? You are comparing Shakib with Lotus? Even the best of critics will agree that Shakib is the most competent person at his job. Can even the Lotus-lovers say that about Lotus? How has Lotus represented Bd to the rest of the world and how has Shakib?
FirstLane , Please change your Lane !! You should be proud that we have a player like Shakib !!!
Old June 11, 2012, 11:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Old June 11, 2012, 11:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

^Video te Tamim re Virat kholi'r moto dekha jay
Old June 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
^Video te Tamim re Virat kholi'r moto dekha jay
tamim, ahmed shezad r kholi ai 3tare helmet er niche amar onekta same lage
Old June 11, 2012, 12:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Nice to see the boys having a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baQwV...feature=relmfu
Old June 11, 2012, 12:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
tamim, ahmed shezad r kholi ai 3tare helmet er niche amar onekta same lage
ei tintar attitude bhi same.
boyosh o kachakachi

Old June 11, 2012, 01:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Shakib became 'Meril ProthomALO' best athelet of the year for third time.
Old June 11, 2012, 01:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Number 1 in everything!!! whats the surprise?? i wish i was him
Old June 11, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

T20 baki achey. Not number one in everything ... yet.