facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 14, 2012, 05:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

And oh, people here in BC were critizing shakib for critizing back those former captains who criticized him. I dont see what wrong sakib did. Those captains, as a player are nowhere near sakib by any means. He is the worlds best allrounder at the moment and those people where some ordinary batsman. Sakib has every right to because sakib has done his job, he has performed well enough to boast about his ability. He can do watever he want.

And also what abt people questioning his commitment? This is an unofficial series which is meant for practice only, no pride no ranking involved. And a guy who has played so much needs a rest doesnt he? Surely he does. And while people doubt his respect for the country they forget how devastated he felt when we lost the Asia Cup. Remember, he and the others werent playing for themselves, they were playing for the fans, to give the fans some faith. Remember sakib telling after beating SL: "Please have faith in us, we will try our best to make you happy". And the ones who are questioning his love for country are those probably left their homeland and residing in places where they are earning $$$$$ where here in Bangladesh their is such a severe lack of Professionals.

Age nijederke thik kori onnoderke pore thik kora jabe
Old June 14, 2012, 06:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

If someone deserves the No. 1 ranking, it's Shak. Not surprised, more milestones ahead for Shakib Al Awesome.
Old June 14, 2012, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
And oh, people here in BC were critizing shakib for critizing back those former captains who criticized him. I dont see what wrong sakib did. Those captains, as a player are nowhere near sakib by any means. He is the worlds best allrounder at the moment and those people where some ordinary batsman. Sakib has every right to because sakib has done his job, he has performed well enough to boast about his ability. He can do watever he want.

And also what abt people questioning his commitment? This is an unofficial series which is meant for practice only, no pride no ranking involved. And a guy who has played so much needs a rest doesnt he? Surely he does. And while people doubt his respect for the country they forget how devastated he felt when we lost the Asia Cup. Remember, he and the others werent playing for themselves, they were playing for the fans, to give the fans some faith. Remember sakib telling after beating SL: "Please have faith in us, we will try our best to make you happy". And the ones who are questioning his love for country are those probably left their homeland and residing in places where they are earning $$$$$ where here in Bangladesh their is such a severe lack of Professionals.

........and welcome back playmaker
Old June 14, 2012, 06:52 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
........and welcome back playmaker
..............dont leave us so soon again
Old June 14, 2012, 08:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:

thats a top post
Old June 14, 2012, 08:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:

i was also wondering it last week.Bt I didnt post it because I am a junior BC member.
Old June 14, 2012, 08:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I am wondering who is playmaker.
Old June 14, 2012, 09:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
considering his contribution to our cricket no1 even comes close. No matter all they hype abt siddikur rahman he will not be a big name in our sports simply because he is not AMONG the best. The reason why our cricket team is famous in our own country because theyve had success and remeber, we are among the top 10 teams in world cricket at least. And as for shakib, he is so popular because he is the best among the best, being top allrounder in both ODIs and T20s is no small feat, and that too with hardly much competition. And whenever he losts the title, he was at least 2nd on the list and returned to the top soon again.

People may claim the reason why sakib is no. 1 allrounder because their are so few quality allrounders nowadays. But they forget the workload of cricket nowadays. PLayers nowadays have to play around the world continuously and shift formats which is not easy. Plus, nowadays being able to field well is a must unlike in the past where players didnt give much care about fielding. So we should salute the present quality allrounders because they are playing yet so much and yet doing the job in both departments, they should deserve some salute. Batting at no. 5 and bowling his full quota takes a lot of toll on your body, so no matter how lazy he is, he is the most animated guy in bangladesh cricket
Old June 14, 2012, 09:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:

Old June 14, 2012, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

PM back with a bang!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old June 14, 2012, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
..............dont leave us so soon again
Urmm why?? When did I leave? :O

I was deprived off the internet because of my AS level exams. Last posted around the 13th/14th. Ajke shokale exam shesh kojai ki moja

BDr khela pura dekhum
Old June 14, 2012, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
i was also wondering it last week.Bt I didnt post it because I am a junior BC member.
We maybe juniors but when we see someone doing/saying something wrong it is our duty to correct them regardless of whether its right or wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I am wondering who is playmaker.
Just a chittagonian lad who has a massive appetite for cricket, esp. bangladesh cricket
Old June 14, 2012, 11:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
We maybe juniors but when we see someone doing/saying something wrong it is our duty to correct them regardless of whether its right or wrong.

Just a chittagonian lad who has a massive appetite for cricket, esp. bangladesh cricket
i am chittagonian too.Working in dhaka now.
Old June 14, 2012, 07:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Everyone just wanted to touch him once Shakib in Chittagong MA Aziz stadium yesterday ...

Old June 14, 2012, 07:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Shakib's day out in M.A.Aziz Stadium in Chittagong

Millennium Cricket Academy and JDC Udioman Cricket Academy won their respective matches in the CJKS-Urban American Under-18 T-20 Cricket Tournament at the MA Aziz Stadium yesterday.

The presence of top Bangladesh cricketer Shakib Al Hasan however hogged the spotlight on the day.

Shakib, who has been rested for the Tigers' ongoing Zimbabwe tour, appeared in the stadium to inspire the young cricketers participating in this tournament. The 25-year old Magura lad enjoyed the second match between JDC Academy and Junior Academy.

It was a rare experience for many young cricketers who asked questions and received tips from the world number one all-rounder.

"To become a good cricketer and perform well in matches, one must work hard. You need to have lot of patience and concentration beside guidance from an experience coach, only then you have a chance to become a good cricketer" Said world number 1 all-rounder.

Characteristics of good batsmen:" A quality batsman's main goal is to score lot and lots of run, every time he walks out to bat his intention is to score a century."

From bowlers point of view: "If you give away a lot of run in one over then try to make it up in next over"

Fitness of Cricketer: "An athlete should be concious of his own fitness, if you think you are unfit then you should take the initiative and do something about it. Running, regularly going to gym is very essential."

People came in numbers to greet world number one all-rounder.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=238337

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...14083409119205

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...15/news/265877
Old June 14, 2012, 07:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

I don't mind a player asking for rest for an unofficial series. But I don't think any of our players have reached a point to ask for rest no matter how weak the opposition. Hunger for runs and wickets should always motivate a player. In this particular instance, Shakib deserves a break, IF he wants one. Time to see how the team handles things without him. We know what happens when Tamim, Mashrafee, Rubel, Ashraful are absent.

His media statements sometimes lack a bit of maturity, I think. But anyone questioning his commitment to the team is living in a lala land. The tears on our boys faces after the AC Final were proof.
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Old June 14, 2012, 08:00 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Manusher paach angul paanhrokom. Shobar je shobar moton hobe emon to kono kotha nai AF mama. So what he lacks maturity? He is then also endowed with some common sense to think for himself and reach his own well being instead of others showing him THEIR way.

Bangaliro kom dosh nai. Carom khlete gele onnyer turn ashle, nije giye onnyer shot select kore dei. Tayle amar khele laab ki? Sometimes best way to rectify others is not to interfere at all. Let Universe do it's own job....

Excellent Eminemesque post playmaker.
Old June 14, 2012, 08:02 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Prothom chobitay Shakiber bhabkhana: hihihihihi...jauhh shoo...hihihihi shoro...lol shoro
Old June 14, 2012, 09:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Shakib do needs rest after playing all those games. but the thing is he is the best bowler, best batsman and best thinker in the team...so lets see how the team fares without him...hope everyone can pull through without the ace
Old June 14, 2012, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

ahhare becharar ki obostha !!! tao to she hashchhe.. ami hole nirghat matha gorom hoye jeto...
Old June 14, 2012, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Issh emon ekta din ashto...jekhane amader team-e ekek joner theke ekek jon bhalo (bhalo run paowa/wicket neya) cricketer thakto...ar keui eka Shakib-er opor nirbhor thakto na....
Old June 15, 2012, 12:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Manusher paach angul paanhrokom. Shobar je shobar moton hobe emon to kono kotha nai AF mama. So what he lacks maturity? He is then also endowed with some common sense to think for himself and reach his own well being instead of others showing him THEIR way.
Agree. He is not like some indian cricketers, most who probably have no feeling for their country but more for money. Sehwag and zaheer khan for instance rested themselves from important series just to play the entire IPL!! And what is shakib doing here? taking rest from a not so important series because he seriously needs some physical and more importantly mental rest, so that he can be fit and ready for the T20 World Cup. No matter how much we criticize him we are pawns at the end of the day and they are the champions.
Old June 15, 2012, 12:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
But anyone questioning his commitment to the team is living in a lala land. The tears on our boys faces after the AC Final were proof.
Spot on, I've never questioned his commitment, but I'll fight tooth and nail against ANYONE that questions it or his motivation. He did everything that was asked of him and more...but that loss tore him apart and was possibly the most genuine reaction I've seen from a Bangladesh cricketer in a long, long time.

That moment wasn't about money, fame, endorsements etc etc...it was knowing you did everything you could, but couldn't cross the finishing line, and that failure was too much to bear.

I think I felt a 100 times worse about the defeat after seeing his reaction.
Old June 15, 2012, 06:59 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
ahhare becharar ki obostha !!! tao to she hashchhe.. ami hole nirghat matha gorom hoye jeto...
That's exactly what I was thinking!
Old June 15, 2012, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...16/news/266061

সম্প্রতি হয়ে গেল গ্রামীণফোন-প্রথম আলো ক্রীড়া পুরস্কার অনুষ্ঠান। বিশ্বসেরা অলরাউন্ডার সাকিব আল হাসান জিতেছেন ২০০৯ ও ২০১১ সালের বর্ষসেরা খেলোয়াড়ের খেতাব। পাঠকের ভোটেও গত বছর সাকিবই ছিলেন সেরা। এবারের সময়ের তারকা— সাকিব আল হাসান

টি-টোয়েন্টি, নাকি ওয়ানডে?
জাতীয় দলের হয়ে যেকোনো রকম খেলাই খেলতে ভালো লাগে।

শাহরুখ খানকে যে জিনিসটি শেখাতে পারি—
কীভাবে বল স্পিন করাতে হয়। তাঁকে এই কথাটা বলেছিও আমি।

বাংলাদেশ দল কখন বেশি ভালো খেলে?
সবাই মিলে যখন ভালো খেলে। একজন ভালো করলে হবে না। ভালো কিছু করার জন্য সবাই মিলে ভালো করতে হবে।

টিমমেটরা আমাকে নিয়ে যা ভাবে—
কঠিন প্রশ্ন (হেসে)। বন্ধুই ভাবে নিশ্চয়ই। সবাই কমবেশি সবকিছু শেয়ার করে আমার সঙ্গে। আমিও করি।

এই মুহূর্তে মাথায় ঘুরছে যে গান—
তুমি আমার প্রথম প্রেম...

প্রিয় পোশাক—
জিন্স, টি-শার্ট পরতে স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যবোধ করি। তরুণদের পোশাক তো এসবই।

অভিনয়ে আসার ইচ্ছা আছে?
অনেক প্রস্তাব পেয়েছি নাটক সিনেমায় কাজ করার। কিন্তু এই বিষয়ে আমার তেমন আগ্রহ নেই। একসময় ইচ্ছা ছিল। এখন বয়স হয়েছে না! (হাসি)

বাংলাদেশে আপনার প্রিয় অভিনেত্রী—
তিশা। একসময় হোটেল থেকে স্টেডিয়ামে যাওয়ার পথে টিম বাসে বসে তিশা অভিনীত নাটক দেখতাম। সেভাবেই তার ভক্ত হয়ে গিয়েছিলাম।

সর্বশেষ যে ছায়াছবিটি দেখেছেন—
দ্য অ্যাভেনজারস ছবিটা দেখেছি। এই মুহূর্তে দেখছি প্লেয়ারস।

গুজব আছে, আগামী ৩০ জুন আপনার বিয়ে—
আমিও সে রকম শুনেছি। কিন্তু বিয়ের কিছু তো জানি না।

তার মানে এখন বিয়ে হচ্ছে না?
কখন করব জানি না। যাকে দেখে ভালো লাগবে তাকেই বিয়ে করব।
সাক্ষাৎকার: তৌহিদা শিরোপা

তুমি আমার প্রথম প্রেম...eta kar gaan?