facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 20, 2012, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Everyone getting worried now? Shakib cant always have an economy rate of 5 in every game. He didnt do that badly. And its just one game.
Old July 20, 2012, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim

Shakib will return today with his own competence. yesterday was a bad day for him. It is simple, we cann't hope same from him in every game.
Old July 20, 2012, 08:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Not concerned at all! He just can't do everything everyday come on! He's coming back with a big bang. Enough said.
Old July 21, 2012, 11:23 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Shakib really is something different..
Quote:
শেষ ৪ ওভারে হাতে ৭ উইকেট নিয়ে ৩০ রান করতে না-পারাটাকে ব্যর্থতাই বলতে হবে, তবে বাংলাদেশের হাল ছেড়ে না দেওয়ার মানসিকতাকে তাতে খাটো করা হয়। তামিম ইকবাল তো ম্যাচ শেষে দাবি করলেন, ১৭ ওভার শেষে আয়ারল্যান্ডের ৩ ওভারে ২৩ রান দরকার, তখনো সাকিব তাঁকে বলেছেন, ‘দেখিস, আমরাই জিতব।’ আপনি কী বলেছেন? তামিম স্বীকার করে নিলেন, ‘আমি বলেছি, হারব।’
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...22/news/275700
Old July 21, 2012, 11:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Everyone getting worried now? Shakib cant always have an economy rate of 5 in every game. He didnt do that badly. And its just one game.
Any economy rate below 7 is good, especially for a spinner in T20s IMHO, because 140 is a chasable in most conditions. No T20I side should be expected to fold at 100.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 21, 2012, 11:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Any economy rate below 7 is good, especially for a spinner in T20s IMHO, because 140 is a chasable in most conditions. No T20I side should be expected to fold at 100.
Even when Shakib has an economy rate of 7 people get worried and say that he needs to practice bowling.
Old July 21, 2012, 11:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Even when Shakib has an economy rate of 7 people get worried and say that he needs to practice bowling.
I said, anything below 7 is good for a slow bowler in T20Is.

Going back to your concern about folks upset over Shakib's T20I economy not being 5, I think that's because they're conflating different formats of the sport. It's tough for bowlers, especially slow bowlers in T20Is because depending on the match situation, batters tend to take more chances and play low percentage shots in the process. So unless a seamer is utterly devoid of quality swing, good pace (140+) and offering half-volleys and full-tosses, a slow bowler's line and length are easier to pick up, get under and put away. Sweeps, front foot strokes and charges are easier against slow bowlers unless they're clever and tend to release the ball late enough to make last second-adjustments in line, length, pace and flight. Rafiq and Shakib are masters at it.

That being said, practice will always make a great player even better, always.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 21, 2012, 11:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

in T20s if a spinner has an ER less than 7.5 then that is more than satisfactory
Old July 21, 2012, 11:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

hmm his bowling is not going well but I think he is not concentrating in his bowling atm ..he is concentrating in his batting as he said in in his interview earlier...specially when there are 2 other quality spinners in the team.. People are saying he is not doing well since the Asia Cup..that's wrong because sparing 1 or 2 overs he bowled pretty well in Asia Cup (oh yes he bowled crap against India)..But He was the 2nd highest wicket taker as far as I remember.. He did really good in IPL.. So not too worried with his bowling ..

We also have to remember he bowls during the power plays both in ODI n T20.. n still maintains a decent eco rate which is not that bad IMO... Actually we are more used to seeing him giving match winning performances most of the time so we get worried.. He will be back Inshallah..
Old July 21, 2012, 11:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
in T20s if a spinner has an ER less than 7.5 then that is more than satisfactory
But the thing is we know that Shakib is more than capable of consistently getting an economy rate of under 6.50. I think thats why people freak out if they see Shakib having an economy rate between 7-8.
Old July 22, 2012, 12:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Strongly disagree. That rate will yield 150 runs when 140 is theoretically more chasable at 7RPO for any balanced international side. Now, 150 isn't quite 160 @ 8RPO but that's still outside the comfort zone, I'd say. Bowlers should try to keep their batters within the comfort zone when chasing a total by restricting the opposition inside it. If the bowlers' team sets the target, then the ER can be adjusted up or down accordingly.
Old July 22, 2012, 12:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Shobur koren shobai....shamne EuropeWash ache...ar t20 WC hote to ekhono 2 mash baki...
Old July 22, 2012, 01:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

What's with all the modelling pictures of Shakib? I'm not complaining But there's loads of them on FB
Old July 22, 2012, 11:31 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Shakib quite possibly will lose his Number one test ranking to kalis after the SA vs ENG match is done, its sad that iceman didn't have a single test match to defend his ranking
Old July 23, 2012, 12:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Shakib quite possibly will lose his Number one test ranking to kalis after the SA vs ENG match is done, its sad that iceman didn't have a single test match to defend his ranking
Yet no test match is getting organized nor even ODI...BCB only preparing for t20...so nothing to do...Iceman will fall...he also need to step up and work harder...he seems to be losing his mojo
Old July 23, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Asking one more time any idea why Shakib is not in any team for Big bash cricket league..I heard long time back Tasmania team was looking for him but later didn't get any update about it
Old July 23, 2012, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Strongly disagree. That rate will yield 150 runs when 140 is theoretically more chasable at 7RPO for any balanced international side. Now, 150 isn't quite 160 @ 8RPO but that's still outside the comfort zone, I'd say. Bowlers should try to keep their batters within the comfort zone when chasing a total by restricting the opposition inside it. If the bowlers' team sets the target, then the ER can be adjusted up or down accordingly.
given the strengthe of our batting 140 is comfort zone, but any other strong batting lineup would consider anything less than 160 is comfortable.
Now however, you cannot blame shakib for the weak batting, but you can always respect the fact that he did his part. And i dont think 150 is a menacing total in T20s.
Old July 23, 2012, 02:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
Asking one more time any idea why Shakib is not in any team for Big bash cricket league..I heard long time back Tasmania team was looking for him but later didn't get any update about it
Does he even have time for that...??
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old July 23, 2012, 11:02 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

as i said Jack Kalis regains his place as the best test AR in the world, our iceman goes down to number 2 after 7 months at the top...you know how many tests shakib played in these 7 months?...a big fat 0

http://www.lgiccrankings.com/ranking/test/all-rounder/
Old July 24, 2012, 12:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
as i said Jack Kalis regains his place as the best test AR in the world, our iceman goes down to number 2 after 7 months at the top...you know how many tests shakib played in these 7 months?...a big fat 0

http://www.lgiccrankings.com/ranking/test/all-rounder/
hmm as expected
Old July 24, 2012, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

FFS - grave injustice.
Old July 24, 2012, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Old July 24, 2012, 08:54 AM
Banned

the last pic is awesome

Anyways, im not suprised by Shakib's demotion, it was expected
Old July 24, 2012, 10:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I am really worried about his bowling. He has been out of his good form for a long time. He needs to concentrate on his bowling practice.
Old July 24, 2012, 10:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

He s*****d last time we faced Ireland and the Netherlands in 2010 and he sux again.