facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 25, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

Watson isn't compareable to Kallis either... He is a good cricketer as Shakib is.... And currently Shakib is a better ranked player/Allrounder than Watson ... So what's the point trying to prove him better than Shakib??

And if you remove Minnows... Bowling wise India is no better than minnows. And combination of Indian bowling and Indian pitches help to get good batting averages for the players, even after losing matches.... Aus plays so much with Ind these days.. That you can consider batting performances against India in India as sores against minnows.... Remove those as well..
Thank you

And yes I agree with you completely. Indian bowling attack is worst than minnows (If BD is considered as minnows ). Also all the greats of the world made most of their records against minnows. So you can't just take the minnows out
Old August 25, 2012, 01:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Thank you OronnyaJi
would love to see the full recorded programs of yours..I mean of Sakib's that you recorded.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old August 26, 2012, 10:02 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Ian Chappell, in his most recent article on Cricinfo, said that Harmeet Singh "bowls like Bishan Bedi, with the same natural flight and guile that would right now place him as the best spin bowler in any Test side bar England." The ridiculousness of this statement is evident and was thankfully pointed out in the comment section. I was pleased to note some Indian, Pakistani and international fans pointing out the Chappell had completely forgotten Ajmal, Narine, Shakib, Vettori etc!
Old August 27, 2012, 12:54 AM
BC Editorial Team

Pilot still looks good. Shak needs to ditch the uttom kumar hairdo.
Old August 27, 2012, 09:33 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Is that sabbir in the back?
Old August 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^ Yes it is. Shabbir is part of preliminary world T-20 squad. We have posted the BCB media release news earlier.
Old August 28, 2012, 02:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Onek Dhonnobaad Oronnya Apu, bakigulao taratari upload koren. Shudhu nije eka eka dekhle hobe?
Old August 28, 2012, 04:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Ian Chappell, in his most recent article on Cricinfo, said that Harmeet Singh "bowls like Bishan Bedi, with the same natural flight and guile that would right now place him as the best spin bowler in any Test side bar England." The ridiculousness of this statement is evident and was thankfully pointed out in the comment section. I was pleased to note some Indian, Pakistani and international fans pointing out the Chappell had completely forgotten Ajmal, Narine, Shakib, Vettori etc!
The interview sounded k@@@ @@@ type and full of contradiction he conveyed that the young lad is the best test spinner after swan and that without even playing a single test match.... It's like passing a exam even without sitting for it. It's not just how much potential you have..it's about how do you respond when you are put to the test, face the best and how one rises to the challenge that sets the best apart....this article proves that just arguing with conviction and being ready to go to war for it and being boorish doesn't necessarily mean that your argument is legitimate

Last edited by dash; August 28, 2012 at 06:30 AM..
Old August 28, 2012, 06:32 AM
Test Cricketer

http://cricketnext.in.com/live/news/.../67455-13.html

this is an interesting counter argument by bedi to chappels comments...not that i like bedi..i find him a maniac most of the times
Old August 28, 2012, 07:17 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
http://cricketnext.in.com/live/news/.../67455-13.html

this is an interesting counter argument by bedi to chappels comments...not that i like bedi..i find him a maniac most of the times
lol calling ojha a stright chucker..this guy called murali a chucker all his life..i would love to see how universally correct mr bedi's bowling action was
Old August 28, 2012, 07:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
lol calling ojha a stright chucker..this guy called murali a chucker all his life..i would love to see how universally correct mr bedi's bowling action was
Advance apology for derailing this thread but couldn't help- his bowling was rather in the classic 70s mould but still think he suffers from an obsession of romantic love affair with himself....

Old August 29, 2012, 06:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Sakib's interview with Pilot showing right now on Banglavision ,watch on jagobd.com
Old August 29, 2012, 06:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Dhur miya these are the same questions that oronnya apa gave in her link!!
Old August 29, 2012, 07:30 AM
Cricket Sage

tai naki ?

jaihok, Sakib ar Pilot,baapre duitai jei fast kotha bole, konta proshno ar konta uttor bujhina.
Sakib's priyo nayika are : Angelina Jlie , Julia Rberts, ishoria Roey
Old August 29, 2012, 08:15 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

^^
Y u no like Aishwariya?

Old August 29, 2012, 08:31 AM
Cricket Sage

^^I respect her,admire her but not that much into liking her like many do,not saying I hate or even dislike her.
Old August 29, 2012, 04:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

হাঁটুতে সমস্যা। খেলার মাঠে তাই বাড়তি সতর্ক সাকিব। কাল মিরপুরে

ছুরি চালাতেই হবে হাঁটুতে

ব্যাপারটা এখনো ভাবনার পর্যায়ে। তবে সাকিব আল হাসান সে চিন্তাভাবনা জোরেশোরেই করছেন। কাল একাডেমি মাঠের প্রথম প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচের সময় খেলোয়াড়দের তাঁবুতে বসে ফিজিও বিভব সিংয়ের সঙ্গে আলাপ করছিলেন হাঁটুর অস্ত্রোপচার করানোর সম্ভাব্য সময় নিয়ে। হাঁটুতে বাধা ছিল ক্র্যাপ ব্যান্ডেজ।

বাঁ হাঁটুতে অস্ত্রোপচার করানোর সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছেন সাকিব। এ ধরনের অস্ত্রোপচারের পর সুস্থ হতে কমপক্ষে দেড় মাস সময় লাগে। কিন্তু সামনে এত ব্যস্ততা যে অস্ত্রোপচারের জন্য সময় বের করাই মুশকিল। কাল যাচ্ছেন ত্রিনিদাদ সফরে। সেখান থেকে যাবেন শ্রীলঙ্কায় টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপ খেলতে। এরপর নভেম্বর-ডিসেম্বরে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের বিপক্ষে হোম সিরিজ, বিপিএল, আইপিএল।

সাকিব এই ব্যস্ততার মধ্যেও অস্ত্রোপচারটা সেরে ফেলতে চাইছেন। ‘যে সমস্যা, সেটা অপারেশন ছাড়া ঠিক হবে না। অপারেশন করাব। তবে কখন করাব, ঠিক করিনি। বিশ্বকাপের পরে হতে পারে। সে ক্ষেত্রে যদি ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ সিরিজ মিস হয়ে যায়, তাহলে আরও পরে করাব।’ কাল একাডেমি মাঠে দাঁড়িয়ে বলছিলেন সাকিব।
টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপ শেষ হবে ৭ অক্টোবর। বাংলাদেশ দল ফাইনাল পর্যন্ত গেলে ভালো, না গেলে বিশ্বকাপের পর পরই অস্ত্রোপচার করাতে পারেন সাকিব। সে ক্ষেত্রে নভেম্বরের শেষ দিকে শুরু ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ সিরিজ মিস হওয়ার আশঙ্কা থাকে। মিস করবেন কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্সের হয়ে চ্যাম্পিয়ন্স লিগ টি-টোয়েন্টিতে খেলাও। ৯ অক্টোবর দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার জোহানেসবার্গে শুরু হবে এই টুর্নামেন্ট।

বাঁ হাঁটুর জোড়ার মিনিসকাস ক্ষয় হয়ে গেছে সাকিবের। গত জুনে জিম্বাবুয়ে সফরে যাননি এই ইনজুরির জন্যই। সরাসরি কোনো আঘাতে নয়, মিনিসকাসের ওপর অতিরিক্ত চাপ বা ঘর্ষণ থেকেই এই চোট বলে জানালেন বিসিবির চিকিৎসক দেবাশিস চৌধুরী, ‘সর্বশেষ এমআরআই রিপোর্টে দেখা গেছে, ওর ডিজেনারেটেড মিনিসকাস সমস্যা হয়েছে। অনেক সময় সরাসরি আঘাতে এটা হয়। তবে সাকিবেরটা বারবার ব্যবহারের ফলে হয়েছে বলে আমাদের ধারণা। ও স্পিনার, হয়তো বল করতে গিয়ে সব সময় একইভাবে ঘুরেছে পা টা।’
বিসিবির চিকিৎসক ও ফিজিওদের মতে, সাকিব চাইলে এই ইনজুরি নিয়েও খেলা চালিয়ে যেতে পারেন। তবে একটা মনস্তাত্ত্বিক সমস্যা তৈরি হতে পারে তখন। বাঁ পা ব্যবহারে অবচেতনেই বাড়তি সতর্ক হয়ে উঠতে পারেন। বোলিং-ফিল্ডিংয়ের ওপর প্রভাব ফেলতে পারে সেটা। চিন্তামুক্ত হতে এ ধরনের ইনজুরিতে তাই অস্ত্রোপচারই একমাত্র সমাধান। চিকিৎসক-ফিজিওরা তাই সাকিবের ওপরই ছেড়ে দিয়েছেন সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়ার ভার।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...30/news/285070
Old August 29, 2012, 05:40 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The rigors of Test cricket took it's toll on Shakib's knees i guess. He always bowls mammoth spells for us for long periods. Doesn't help when we rely solely on him to take all the wickets
Old August 29, 2012, 06:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Also the nonstop cricket over the years has probably taken a toll. In Tests, we should rethink the way we use Shakib. He bats way too low at #6/7 which ends up backfiring since we end up losing 4-5 wickets early anyways. And since our SLA's are our stronger suit, we should bowl Shakib less and have him bat at #4. I think that's the more effective way of using Shakib for Tests.
Old September 1, 2012, 06:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

just got to time it right but he'll comeback strong. coming off a terrific last 12 months averaging 46 with the bat and 24 with the ball in one-dayers and 53 with the bat and 28 with the ball in tests.
Old September 1, 2012, 09:59 AM
Banned

Yeah sad to hear about Shakib's Injury.

I fear that if shakib does not perform in upcoming t20 world cup, he will just use the injury as backup.

and what will happen to all our players when they have coconut oil?
Old September 1, 2012, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams91
Yeah sad to hear about Shakib's Injury.

I fear that if shakib does not perform in upcoming t20 world cup, he will just use the injury as backup.

and what will happen to all our players when they have coconut oil?
Shakib never used his injury as an excuse.. He has been suffering from this injury for a long time now ...
Old September 1, 2012, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Shakib never used his injury as an excuse.. He has been suffering from this injury for a long time now ...
I am not saying he will, I am saying most people will say his poor performance is due to his injury. and yeah who knows what he will say if he does or does not perform well, we can not see or say what will happen in future. I hope he performs well.

He might have double trouble, Coconut Oil + Injury = Side effect?
Old September 1, 2012, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams91
I am not saying he will, I am saying most people will say his poor performance is due to his injury. and yeah who knows what he will say if he does or does not perform well, we can not see or say what will happen in future. I hope he performs well.

He might have double trouble, Coconut Oil + Injury = Side effect?
Now what's that SUPPOSED to MEAN?

Old September 1, 2012, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Now what's that SUPPOSED to MEAN?

trying to say, if our players don't perform and end up blaming the food and condition it will be a shame.