facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 4, 2012, 07:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

BPL champions would have made it too had BCB arranged it ahead of time. SLPL champion was always going to play in it because 1 team from SL domestic T20 played on CLT20 before. I don't think BCB thought that far through and tried to contact India, Aus and SA cricket. Remember CLT20 is run by these 3 boards, not ICC. We needed to be invited in order to play, but unless go out of our way and approach them I doubt they will invite BPL champion on their own.
Old October 4, 2012, 08:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Best of luck Shak....hope u reach new level of success
Old October 4, 2012, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
BPL champions would have made it too had BCB arranged it ahead of time. SLPL champion was always going to play in it because 1 team from SL domestic T20 played on CLT20 before. I don't think BCB thought that far through and tried to contact India, Aus and SA cricket. Remember CLT20 is run by these 3 boards, not ICC. We needed to be invited in order to play, but unless go out of our way and approach them I doubt they will invite BPL champion on their own.

Its seems bit unfair they can invite SLPL not BPL team.
Old October 4, 2012, 08:53 AM
Test Cricketer

bcb actually tried and failed...like they do in almost everything....clt20 authority allegedly set the precondition that bcb has to sustain a competitive t20 tournament like bpl...they are supposed reevaluate it for the next edition
Old October 4, 2012, 03:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij
Its seems bit unfair they can invite SLPL not BPL team.
One team from SL had been playing in this tournament since the tournament started. So it's not about being fair and unfair. SL team has already been playing for the last 3 year.

They will not hand out an invitation to us. They won't just go alright BCB we'll let your BPL champion play in this tournament. We have to show interest. These boards aren't exactly our 'best friend'. BCB has to go out there, approach these boards and get us in the tournament. Since I heard about BPL I always wonder if BPL champion will get to participate in CLT20 or not. This should have been on top of BPL governing body's list. I can't see any reason why BPL champion can't take part in the qualifier next year along with NZ, SL and WI teams. I think BCB is working on it for next year. I heard Lipu say few months back that BPL champion will play in CLT20, but than again I won't believe it until I see it for myself.
Old October 5, 2012, 02:59 AM
MLC World Series I

More than a BPL team playing in the CLT20, I'm more interested to see if any of the big names will play the next edition of the BPL.

Anyways, coming back to Shakib, I think KKR's lineup should be:

Kallis
Gambhir
McCullum
Shakib
Manoj Tiwary
Yusuf Pathan
S. Das
Rajat Bhatia
L. Balaji
Sunil Narine
Can't think of a good 11th player.

And maybe, since Morgan played decently, he can get a look in.
Old October 5, 2012, 05:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

^ I guess KKR had an underratted dude called Bisla who lead them to win the title, deservs to be in starting XI.
Old October 5, 2012, 06:30 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
^ I guess KKR had an underratted dude called Bisla who lead them to win the title, deservs to be in starting XI.
Yes. I'm aware of that. But, McCullum is in good form with the bat and I think Bisla will be overlooked again. Also, it's being staged in SA, so they may go with the Kiwi.
Old October 5, 2012, 07:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

^And they might not play Shak. They might go with more pacers and Sunil could be the only Spinner for the best XI.
Old October 5, 2012, 07:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Shakib should have skipped this CLT20 and done with knee operation. Its only few matches tourney and looking at other foreign players form and SA playing condition, Shakib may not get enough matches to play.
Old October 5, 2012, 08:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

I think Shakib will play most of the matches... He was good in IPL with ball and his performance in the T20 WC with the bat, will inspire KKR to play I'm more.
Old October 5, 2012, 08:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I think Shakib will play most of the matches... He was good in IPL with ball and his performance in the T20 WC with the bat, will inspire KKR to play I'm more.
They will be playing in SA not in India or SL. Don't know how effective Shak will be in that condition. Besides I don't see him making it into best XI surpassing Sunil. He can get into best XI as a batsman but he has to face some solid contest..I hope KKR has confidence on Shak's batting..
Old October 5, 2012, 08:36 AM
Banned

Shakib isn't getting more than a single match. Sorry to say this but its the truth. In SA conditions, spin isn't gonna come in handy. So pace will be the way to go! KKR going out with all out pace attack.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old October 5, 2012, 08:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

SA factor is same for all the spinners and Shak will get in an all rounder in the team, he doesn't have to compete with bowlers; pacers or spinners...
Old October 5, 2012, 08:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Old October 5, 2012, 08:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

I dont want Pathan in the team but i dont think we have any other options. I would consider to put Abdulla over Pathan. Pathan is in terrible form

Shakib could possibly be replaced for James Pattinson or Ryan ten Doeschate. RTD can bowl pace so it might be better to put him in the team. Or the management can even opt for Morgan over Shakib. But i do want Shakib in the team because he has ignited with the bat recently. Bowling may be the concern but he can bounce back anytime.

Bisla is a good batsmen and McCullum is in form so id put them in the same team. McCullum can also field as he fielded when he played for NSW and also fields for NZ in tests. So why not make him field in T20s? It would be much better that way because it strengthens the batting.

And heading into the CLT20 Gambhir is out of form and we relied on him throughout the IPL. So it will be interesting how it turns out this time.

1. Jacques Kallis
2. G. Gambhir
3. B. McCullum
4. Manvinder Bisla (wk)
5. S. Al Hasan
6. Manoj Tiwary
7. D. Das
8. I. Abdulla
9. Rajat Bhatia
10. Sunil Narine
11. L. Balaji

As i said earlier Shakib could be replaced for RTD or Pattinson.
Old October 5, 2012, 09:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Hopefully KKR will give him more batting responsibility after seeing his batting performance in the world cup. Considering the kind of form Morgan and McCullum are in, those 2 guy are pretty much given. Add Kallis to that list as well. So that leaves 1 more space open. Lee took up one space during IPL, but now that he gone that should make it easy for Shakib to break into the playing XI.
Old October 6, 2012, 12:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Hopefully KKR will give him more batting responsibility after seeing his batting performance in the world cup. Considering the kind of form Morgan and McCullum are in, those 2 guy are pretty much given. Add Kallis to that list as well. So that leaves 1 more space open. Lee took up one space during IPL, but now that he gone that should make it easy for Shakib to break into the playing XI.
your forgetting Narine. He should take the remaining spot pretty comfortably. But Morgan might struggle against the pace conditions in SA. So thats where Shakib could possibly fill the void.
Old October 6, 2012, 12:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

In t20s I wouldn't consider Kallis a lock, though his record in the other formats probably means he is a lock. Reckon shakib in current form is a better t20 bat than Kallis, bowling wise I guess it could come down to the conditions and pitch.
Old October 6, 2012, 07:45 AM
Cricket Legend

no place for B.Lee in SA pitches ?
Old October 6, 2012, 08:34 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
no place for B.Lee in SA pitches ?
His track record in T20 isn't great. He's still pacy but hardly gets the wickets. I reckon de Lange will definitely get a look in, considering he is familiar with the conditions. And don't know the situation with Pattinson. Think, he is yet to debut for KKR. Not sure.

So, the four foreigners most likely to make it into the XI IMO are

1. Kallis
2. McCullum (considering his form in the WT20)
3. Narine
4. Shakib(considering into account his recent batting exploit in T20)/de Lange/Morgan/RtD/Pattinson

They have the option to go with Iqbal Abdulla and play de Lange.
Old October 6, 2012, 09:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
your forgetting Narine. He should take the remaining spot pretty comfortably. But Morgan might struggle against the pace conditions in SA. So thats where Shakib could possibly fill the void.
Oh yeah I forgot about him completely. Now I'm thinking KKR might start doing what they did in IPL last season, give Shakib chance only after their other options fail. I hope that's not the case.
Old October 6, 2012, 09:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I dont trust IPeeL.
this time they will play Kalam ,Kolshi,MorGun,and offcourse Narayon.
YuPath will be the 2nd spinner.
they will wait for others to fail..if so then Sak will be played, how many matches in the first round btw?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 6, 2012, 11:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

No Indian pacer is good enough to keep Delange (his home ground in SA) out of the team. You need seamers far more than spinners in SA condition. If KKR are smart they will not pick more than one spinner in the team and have atleast 3 seamers or they are guaranteed to lose. It will be between Shakib and Narine, both should be given chances and see who does better
Old October 6, 2012, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
No Indian pacer is good enough to keep Delange (his home ground in SA) out of the team. You need seamers far more than spinners in SA condition. If KKR are smart they will not pick more than one spinner in the team and have atleast 3 seamers or they are guaranteed to lose. It will be between Shakib and Narine, both should be given chances and see who does better
Narine is always ahead of Shak since KKR got strong batting line up