facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 24, 2012, 07:09 AM
Administrator

I should change the banner to: "WTF, Shakib?"
Old November 24, 2012, 07:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Boom. Next time you all even think about mentioning King Shakib next to Sir Kallis, read this post.
Thank God he didn't score that 100 otherwise I'm pretty sure someone would've dug that thread Shakib vs Kallis and start talking bs.
Old November 24, 2012, 07:13 AM
Administrator

With that shot Shakib proved who is the real Abul.
Old November 24, 2012, 07:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
agree word by word.
jemon cricketer temon i fan
oije bangla ey ekta kotha achena ? jemon dhol temon mugur naki ki jani¿
he took four wickets and scored 97 and probably helped us to avoid an inn defeat.
we opened a congratulatory thread and created a new banner but now that he is out he is selfish...ar baki gula ki poddar ilish ?
hay re bangali
nije bodlao tarpor onno ke bodlao.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Jemon kukur temon mugur...but it doesn't set here in meaning...

He definitely played for the team, all through. But at the end f the day, his job wasn't done yet. You know, it's always finishing the century in style attitude with him...it's not the first time...and team to aar style bhorta khabey na...team needed him to stay there and he needed the style...so you judge when the selfishness creeped in. Yes, after doing such a nice job for so long time, he can afford to have that moment for self, but not at a moment when he needs to really do much more, he can do much more and team expects him to do much more...

But that doesn't take away any credit from him for what he has done, but what everyone is saying, is that he is capable of doing much more ... He is depriving not only the team, even himself,,.and this bit of criticism should reach him, for his benefit and off course the team...I think fans are fair enough.
Old November 24, 2012, 07:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Great idea....
Old November 24, 2012, 07:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
keno boss?
banner already changed?
amra pario.
just like typical BD parents, eksho tey pochanobboi paiso,baki pach koi? jao no gift.
Old November 24, 2012, 07:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Don't worry he has around 10, if not, 15 years of career ahead of him. This is how you learn. If cricket and Bangladesh team still lives in the next 10 years, he will have more 100s than anyone else in the world.
Old November 24, 2012, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
agree word by word.
jemon cricketer temon i fan
oije bangla ey ekta kotha achena ? jemon dhol temon mugur naki ki jani¿
he took four wickets and scored 97 and probably helped us to avoid an inn defeat.
we opened a congratulatory thread and created a new banner but now that he is out he is selfish...ar baki gula ki poddar ilish ?
hay re bangali
nije bodlao tarpor onno ke bodlao.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Ekdom amar moner kotha.. amar to Shakib er 100 wkt er jonno thread khola kinba banner dewar por e mone hoise dekhi bhalobasha kotokhhon tike.. jantam ajke batting e dabba marlei shob bhalobasha ube jabe.. r tai e hoise.. in fact dabbao mare nai.. 97 kore out howatei bhalobasha chole gese.. She ekhon selfish hoye gese

ekhon jokhon harbo jeita inevitable chhilo emnitei sheitao hobe oi Shakib er e dosh.. beta tui 97 korli kan?? 0 or 50 tei out hote parlina..taile to ichhemoto gali dite partam je tui shala kono world class player e na... 52 over ball kore r team er highest wicket taker and fielder hoye (2 catch) niye kono rest na niyei bat kore 97 koreo Shakib e selfish player.. haire amar selfish player er definition.. ta erokom arro koekta selfish player BD jodi paito
Old November 24, 2012, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Jemon kukur temon mugur...but it doesn't set here in meaning...

He definitely played for the team, all through. But at the end f the day, his job wasn't done yet. You know, it's always finishing the century in style attitude with him...it's not the first time...and team to aar style bhorta khabey na...team needed him to stay there and he needed the style...so you judge when the selfishness creeped in. Yes, after doing such a nice job for so long time, he can afford to have that moment for self, but not at a moment when he needs to really do much more, he can do much more and team expects him to do much more...

But that doesn't take away any credit from him for what he has done, but what everyone is saying, is that he is capable of doing much more ... He is depriving not only the team, even himself,,.and this bit of criticism should reach him, for his benefit and off course the team...I think fans are fair enough.
It's not about finishing in style rather he wants to get out of that nervous moment asap. He thinks the sooner he gets out of that mindset the better he can contribute to his team. All I can say is he is not smart enough and still didn't learn from his mistakes.

Yes the team expects everyone to do much more. And fans are definitely not being fair to call the only man who got you 4 wickets, 2 catches and 97 runs on the board at a very cruicial time as selfsh. We definitely need to redefine selfish here then.
Old November 24, 2012, 08:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Angry WTF Was THAT Shakstah?

Don't get me wrong. Shakib Al Hasan Faisal from Magura has been my favorite player since day 1. I backed him even when many thought of him as yet another "bits and pieces player" without much talent.

I rated him highly because of his superior ability (hand-eye coordination), intelligence and desire. That's why I said as unorthodox, even shaky as he may look with the bat, he'll succeed more often than he'll fail, and used Javed Miandad as a preceding example of that type of batsman. I always thought he would grow into the genuine strike bowler he has become sooner than people expected. He started to prove himself from the win against India in the 2007 World Cup and hasn't looked back since. I believe him to be the greatest overall cricketer we've produced to date and that's unlikely to change as long as I'm alive.

What he did today was unacceptably stupid! Not only did he deprive himself, his country and our people of his ELEVENTH TEST by my count, and did it in a spectacularly moronic way after doing all the hard work, and excelling as a bowler earlier.

Being a clever SLA with a late release himself, it should've been instinctive knowledge for him that Permaul, also a clever SLA, was going to bowl short and wide as soon as he'd see the premeditated and totally unnecessary charge down the wicket. That would force the batsman to reach, top edge and get caught. Very simple in theory but ...

WTF dude??? You're the most senior player in the team. Please ACT like it. WORK HARDER on all aspects of the game ON YOUR OWN, including the psychosomatic one, BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE YOU EVEN BETTER THAN YOU ARE EVEN AT THIS YOUNG AGE! QUIT EFFING AROUND FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!!!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; November 24, 2012 at 09:04 AM..
Old November 24, 2012, 08:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

WTF Shakib, I know he may have tried to get to his 100 by the end of today in order to come tomorrow with a fresh mind but still... he's not the type of player to lose sleep over a hundred!!

C'mon... EVERY FREAKING TIME WHEN WE'RE ABOUT TO DREAM BIG, THERE TENDS TO BE A REGRET ATTACHED!!
Old November 24, 2012, 08:19 AM
Banned

Old November 24, 2012, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Don't get me wrong. Shakib Al Hasan Faisal from Magura has been my favorite player since day 1. I backed him even when many thought of him as yet another "bits and pieces player" without much talent.

I rated him highly because of his superior ability (hand-eye coordination), intelligence and desire. That's why I said as unorthodox, even shaky as he may look with the bat, he'll succeed more often than he'll fail, and used Javed Miandad as a preceding example of that type of batsman. I always thought he would grow into the genuine strike bowler he has become sooner than people expected. He started to prove himself from the win against India in the 2007 World Cup and hasn't looked back since. I believe him to be the greatest overall cricketer we've produced to date and that's unlikely to change as long as I'm alive.

What he did today was unacceptably stupid! Not only did he deprive himself, his country and our people of his ELEVENTH TEST by my count, and did it in a spectacularly moronic way after doing all the hard work, and excelling as a bowler earlier.

Being a clever SLA with a late release himself, it should've been instinctive knowledge for him that Permaul, also a clever SLA, was going to bowl short and wide as soon as he'd see the premeditated and totally unnecessary charge down the wicket. That would force the batsman to reach, top edge and get caught. Very simple in theory but ...

WTF dude??? You're the most senior player in the team. Please ACT like it. WORK HARDER on all aspects of the game ON YOUR OWN, including the psychosomatic one, BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE YOU EVEN BETTER THAN YOU ARE AT EVEN THIS YOUNG AGE! QUIT EFFING AROUND FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!!!
I completely agree with you Sohel bhai !!! I still can't believe he did that. It's hard to believe he made such a mockery of himself by playing that utterly stupid shot. It's unpardonable really. He did something similar in the 1st innings of the 1st test and I thought he got matured since then as he was batting really well.. wasn't taking any chances, was in a positive frame of mind, kept the score board ticking by rotating the strike at ease. He looked so comfortable out there. How could one expect such brain fart from him at the last ball of the day. He proved that he is just another BD batsman who has IQ level less than a 1 year old
Old November 24, 2012, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
keno boss?
banner already changed?
amra pario.
just like typical BD parents, eksho tey pochanobboi paiso,baki pach koi? jao no gift.
Because he should know better. He is not your everyday team subaltern - he can do better, he should do better. We have high expectations of him, because we know he can deliver. He knows he can deliver. But where he failed today - like most others do on a daily basis - is that he was selfish. Had he not been thinking of his impending milestone would he have made that shot just three balls to the end of the day?
Old November 24, 2012, 09:39 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
chinta ki o t ekhon muri e khachhe... ami to bhabchhilam arro agei out hobe... apnara je shopno o dekhte paren... As I said before Shakib is capable of scoring upto 90 ... If luck favors only then he can get past that 100 mark... Each and every batsman in the world think of their 100 when they are on their 90s ... it's not a crime..otherwise Sachin wouldn't have gotten out so many times on 90s... It''s just the great players from other countries are smart enough to keep their cool and get that 100 easily but our players are just born gordhops ... It's official now...
its total BS if you say shakib is 90ish batsman..he showed that he can score big in that innings vs Pak, he looked composed and valued his wicket in that innings, i was pissed of with him because of his attitude today..ajke 100 na kore 98 e jhule thakle BD er baki player der diaria suru hobe, why shakib?..he is better then that, he got out like every other mofees of BD, and that pissed me to the core
Old November 24, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
its total BS if you say shakib is 90ish batsman..he showed that he can score big in that innings vs Pak, he looked composed and valued his wicket in that innings, i was pissed of with him because of his attitude today..ajke 100 na kore 98 e jhule thakle BD er baki player der diaria suru hobe, why shakib?..he is better then that, he got out like every other mofees of BD, and that pissed me to the core
Yeah he sure can score big but will he? Does he have that temperament to do so? No he doesn't. It's all in his mind and God knows what goes through there when after batting well for a while all of a sudden he decides to charge the bowler whereas his safer option could've been just taking the singles which he is so good at. So that's what holding him back from getting those 100s. That's why he will always score around 90 and get out unless he figures out how to hold onto his nerve at those crucial moments.

No selfish player would give away those easy 100s just like that. I would rather want him to be selfish and grab those 100s which eventually will help the team's total. What he has been doing so far just proves that he is still not smart enough to match those classy world class batsmen
Old November 24, 2012, 10:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

i wish i could replicate an analysis of his thought while he bats. what makes him so impatience these days? he was far better composed as batsmen when he was captain. he isnt that stupid that t20 would make him worst. settle down boy.
Old November 24, 2012, 10:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Before that over Sami was giving some tips to the bowler and that worked , he trapped Shakib with that dubious flighted one . I will give full credit to Sami . For Shakib that was most idiotic , horrible shot to play . You just took 14 runs from Narine's over , how come u can go for such a wild shot , it was last over . I think over confidence is problem for Shakib !!
Old November 24, 2012, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
i wish i could replicate an analysis of his thought while he bats. what makes him so impatience these days? he was far better composed as batsmen when he was captain. he isnt that stupid that t20 would make him worst. settle down boy.
He has been the same all throughout his career. I thought he matured and improved after all those tame dismissals but seems not.
Old November 24, 2012, 11:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
প্রশ্ন: আউট হওয়ার আগে সাকিব কি কোন আলোচনা করেছিলো?

নাসির: সাকিব ভাই যখন নারায়নরে মারলো, তখনই বুঝেছি, উনি আজই সেঞ্চুরিটা করতে চাইছেন। যে ওভারে আউট হয়েছেন, সেটা শুরুর আগেও বলেছিলাম, ‘সাকিব ভাই, তিন ওভার বাকি আছে। আপনি এক, এক করে নিয়ে সেঞ্চুরিটা করেন।’ আসলে ওটা এমন একটা জায়গা মাথার মধ্যে অনেক কিছু কাজ করে।
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...24094939153613

ke shune kar kotha...

++++++++++
edit:

কিন্তু আমার মনে হয় ওনার বুদ্ধি বেশি এবং মানসিকভাবে অনেক শক্ত।

this made me laugh soo much,i mean the way he said i agree but sometimes shakib just doesnt understand it...
Old November 24, 2012, 11:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

They lack the temperament simply because players like Tamim, Nasir, Rahim, Shakib most of them hardly even play first class Cricket. We seriously need to sort out our domestic structure, arrange and play more tests instead of cancelling them like New Zealand, Australia and Zimbabwe series over the past year.
Old November 24, 2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

I really hope that Kamal guy uses his vice-president role wisely and help our Cricket but I doubt it. We need to play more Cricket. 2012 apart from Asia Cup was a dead year for us.
Old November 24, 2012, 11:46 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Well, what more/less can you say ??

There is a difference being one of the all time great and being your country's best.
There is a difference between 97 and 260.

That is the difference between a win and a loss.
THIS

I get that he is the best player we have, he has saved our a**es on numerous occasions but that doesn't give him a free ticket. He had to do his duty and at the end of the day, he FAILED what was asked of him.
Old November 24, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

ke shune kar kotha...

++++++++++
edit:

this made me laugh soo much,i mean the way he said i agree but sometimes shakib just doesnt understand it...
Nasir miya,tumio to shedin tomar gurur moto 96 e khocha diya out hoila.
eto kichu bujhina,kalke century marba okey?
PS: lol,Nasir o dekhi amar moto Narayon boley.
Old November 24, 2012, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

ke shune kar kotha...

++++++++++
edit:

Nasir re Shakib re etto guru manish na.. hubuhu orei copy kortese taito thik 96 e giya dai khocha ... budhhi beshi manush tar budhhir ja nomuna dekhailo amar to pura team er budhhir standard niye proshno jagtese...