facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 24, 2012, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Moinar out er moina todonto chai

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 24, 2012, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim

Shakib er buddhi onek beshi bolei shudhu century er kinaray gie barbar out hoy. Jotto sob fazlamo kothabarta.
Old November 24, 2012, 02:29 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
WTF dude??? You're the most senior player in the team. Please ACT like it. WORK HARDER on all aspects of the game ON YOUR OWN, including the psychosomatic one, BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE YOU EVEN BETTER THAN YOU ARE EVEN AT THIS YOUNG AGE! QUIT EFFING AROUND FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!!!
Sorry

I didn't watch the shot, but was he trying to reach his century attempting a boundary?
Old November 24, 2012, 03:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Sorry

I didn't watch the shot, but was he trying to reach his century attempting a boundary?
No ****, Russell.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

I hate players who put personal milestones ahead of team (Shakib, Tenda, afridi etc)
Old November 24, 2012, 07:08 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
No ****, Russell.
Logic fail. It should be No ****, Bertrand.
Old November 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Sorry

He danced down the track trying to hit a 6, if you seen Mushy's dismissal it was like his cept he didn't get bowled
Old November 25, 2012, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Okay I came in to rant, but saw the responses here -just wow. Even way too harsh for BC.

I agree, he deserves flak for this brain freeze - but lets not lose perspective here. The guy has multiple injuries, has bowled 50+ goddamn overs - and then he's expected to come at 82-5 and save the match single handedly? Lets face it, he may or may not have added 10-20 runs max, but it would've mattered ****-all. So all my frustrations is for him missing the milestone AGAIN, while he could've got it easily. It's a combination of factors - nervous 90's, him being injured and overworked, and probably losing hope with all the other headless chickens he has to play with.
Amazing how people can STILL call him selfish. Seriously?
Old November 25, 2012, 12:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Okay I came in to rant, but saw the responses here -just wow. Even way too harsh for BC.

I agree, he deserves flak for this brain freeze - but lets not lose perspective here. The guy has multiple injuries, has bowled 50+ goddamn overs - and then he's expected to come at 82-5 and save the match single handedly? Lets face it, he may or may not have added 10-20 runs max, but it would've mattered ****-all. So all my frustrations is for him missing the milestone AGAIN, while he could've got it easily. It's a combination of factors - nervous 90's, him being injured and overworked, and probably losing hope with all the other headless chickens he has to play with.
Top post mate. He may act as idiot sometimes but he is not selfish.
Old November 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Shakib to miss out first two ODIs due to injuries

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/592914.html
Old November 25, 2012, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Shakib out.... !!! kopale je ki ase....
Old November 25, 2012, 12:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:

Exactly and now that we know he was playing with another injury and still bowled 52 overs, took 4 wickets with 2 catches and then came and scored 97 tells a lot about his commitment. How can someone be called selfish when he just risked his own milestone with a brain freeze. He can be called stupid but selfish huh not at all.
Old November 25, 2012, 12:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

Quote:

top post.
The man who bowls 52 over with injuri for two days have to come back within 45 miniutes and helps team to avoid test defeat.
How can you call such person selfish.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 25, 2012, 12:29 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:

Shakrulz, you are blinded by your love for Shakib.

It's his duty as an all rounder to bowl 50 overs and bat. If you have a problem with that, let us ask Shakib to choose one department like Afridi. And why not? Why wouldn't anyone want to save his team single handedly over and over and over again?

How can you predict the outcome of the match before hand? Shakib and Nasir were all well set and their target should have been to remain Not Out and see off the day. Who knows what could have happened today? And how is it not selfish that Shakib decided to play that horrendous shot in the goddamn last over of the day to reach his 100 and get out? Like, seriously? Slowing down before a milestone or slogging to a milestone are the approaches players take but come on, what Shakib did was unacceptable.

And about injury, I blame two parties here. First of all, it's Shakib's responsibility to know if he can perform without being 100% fit and he seemed to be happy about it and went ahead to play for the series. So all arguments about him playing with an injury is not logical. Picking up an injury during the course of the game is a different matter all together. But Shakib decided to play despite knowing his injury before hand, so it's his responsibility. Sorry. The second party I would blame here is the BCB. They knew about his injury and accepted Shakib's decision. So, Shakib has to be treated equally with all of the other fit players() despite carrying an injury.

I love Shakib but when it comes to putting yourself before the team, sorry. And yesterday, he did do that, he didn't think about Bangladesh in the last over. I never termed him selfish or I never said he put himself before his country but yesterday it was heart breaking for me when he did that. I wanted him to get a century for his efforts. But at the end of the day, it is Shakib's 97 and Samuels' 240(?) that makes the difference. And my friend, I want to see BD win/draw.

Let's hope this was a lesson and he can pick up some real positives from this match where he bowled well and batted well until that shot.
Old November 25, 2012, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

He really deserves some slack for this innings, I did see a little of his batting and clearly he looked tired IMO. Brainfreeze, sure - but then again I don't know many allrounders who're expected to score tons, bowl 50+ overs and save the test match in a team who're half-full of such a bunch of clueless batsmen. If there are, do let me know.
Old November 25, 2012, 12:33 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun

It's his duty as an all rounder to bowl 50 overs and bat. If you have a problem with that, let us ask Shakib to choose one department like Afridi. And why not? Why wouldn't anyone want to save his team single handedly over and over and over again?

How can you predict the outcome of the match before hand? Shakib and Nasir was all well set and their target should have been to remain Not Out and see off the day. Who knows what could have happened today? And how is it not selfish that Shakib decided to play that horrendous shot in the goddamn last over of the day to reach his 100 and get out? Like, seriously? Slowing down before a milestone or slogging to a milestone are the approaches players take but come on, what Shakib did was unacceptable.

And about injury, I blame two parties here. First of all, it's Shakib's responsibility to know if he can perform without being 100% fit and he seemed to be happy about it and went ahead to play for the series. So all arguments about him playing with an injury is not logical. Picking up an injury during the course of the game is a different matter all together. But Shakib decided to play despite knowing his injury before hand, so it's his responsibility. Sorry. The second party I would blame here is the BCB. They knew about his injury and accepted Shakib's decision. So, Shakib has to be treated equally with all of the other fit players() despite carrying an injury.

I love Shakib but when it comes to putting yourself before the team, sorry. And yesterday, he didn't do that. I never termed him selfish or I never said he put himself before his country but yesterday it was heart breaking for me when he did that. I wanted him to get a century for his efforts. But at the end of the day, it is Shakib's 97 and Samuels' 240(?) that makes the difference. And my friend, I want to see BD win/draw.

Let's hope this was a lesson and he can pick up some real positives from this match where he bowled well and batted well until that shot.

Top post

i love shakib but what he did yesterday was unforgivable
Old November 25, 2012, 12:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
৯৭ রানে আউট হওয়ার পর ড্রেসিং রুমে ফেরার পথে সাকিব তার হাতের ব্যাট দিয়ে এক দর্শকের দিকে মারার জন্য উঁচু করে ধরেন। সে দর্শকের অপরাধ সাকিবের আউট হওয়ার ধরন নিয়ে তাকে কেন প্রশ্ন করেছেন?

সেঞ্চুরির কাছাকাছি গিয়ে একজন ব্যাটসম্যান আউট হলে তার যেমন কষ্ট লাগে। কোনো অংশে কম লাগে না তার ভক্ত তা সমর্থকদেরও। ৯৭ রানে তিনি যেভাবে আউট হয়েছেন তা যেমন তিনি মেনে নিতে পারেননি। তেমনি সাধারণ দর্শক-সমর্থকরাও। প্রত্যক্ষদর্শীর বিবরণে জানা যায়, আউট হওয়ার পর সাকিব যখন ড্রেসিং রুমে ফিরছিলেন, তখন অন্য সবার মতো ড্রেসিং রুমের পাশের গ্যালারিতে থাকা কয়েকজন দর্শক সাকিবকে উদ্দেশ করে কেন তিনি এভাবে শট খেলে আউট হয়েছেন বলে কঠিন ভাষায় জানতে চান। এতে সাকিবও মেজাজ হারিয়ে ফেলেন। হাতের ব্যাট উঁচু করে ধরে দর্শককে মারতে উদ্যত হন। ঘটনাটি সত্য। পরে নিরাপত্তার দায়িত্বে থাকা একাধিক ব্যক্তিও তা স্বীকার করেছেন। কিন্তু সাকিবের সঙ্গেই ড্রেসিং রুমে ফিরে আসতে থাকা নাসির হোসেনকে জিজ্ঞেস করা হলে তিনি কিছুই জানেন না বলে জানান।
http://www.manobkantha.com/details_n...0page_id=%2012

Don't know if its true or not, but i won't be surprised if its true.
Old November 25, 2012, 12:34 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Manobkantha hoilo kaler konther nati..ajaira news sob
Old November 25, 2012, 12:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun

Wait what? We're playing real life cricket here - not EA cricket - so yes, you do have to take facts into account. Which all rounder bowls around 50+ overs almost every now and then and yet is expected to save match single handedly? Even Watto had such a period where he got out in 90s and he doesn't even bowl that much. Besides teams like Aus & SA can afford to rest or not bowl Kallis/Watto. You have to play Shak to be even in the damn ground without forfeiting the match. Why do you even bring Afridi? He sucks in every department now and is about to get kicked out for good.

And LOL@accusing me of being a blind fan. I have criticized Shak all over this thread. And I never said that he's above criticism.
Old November 25, 2012, 12:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:

u deserve to be Sakib's number one fan allright.
good read.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 25, 2012, 12:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Manobkantha hoilo kaler konther nati..ajaira news sob
It's not Ajaira....concentrate on msg not the messenger ...

It has been confirmed by Rohan at the end of commentary...Shakib is out for two ODIs..
Old November 25, 2012, 12:39 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

how i despite blind fans ...ash,shakib..all r same
Old November 25, 2012, 12:40 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

It has been confirmed by Rohan at the end of commentary...Shakib is out for two ODIs..
shakib is out for injury..not showing his bat to the crowed

apni ki manob konther sangbadik naki?..kiser sathe ki milan?
Old November 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

mane ki?? he is out for his injury how is that related to this news?
Old November 25, 2012, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

From the BCB:

KHULNA, Sunday, 25 November 2012

Media Release
SAHARA CUP 2012: Shakib out of first two ODIs

Bangladesh allrounder Shakib Al Hasan had an MRI scan on his right tibia bone in Khulna yesterday (Saturday) after the close of play on Day 4 of the second Test. The scan showed a stress reaction of the bone.

Team physio Vibhav Singh said: “We have decided that he will take no further part in the second Test match and will miss the two ODIs in Khulna.

“We will review his scan report with an orthopaedic specialist in Dhaka to decide the best management plan for Shakib.”