facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 25, 2012, 12:54 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Wait what? We're playing real life cricket here - not EA cricket - so yes, you do have to take facts into account. Which all rounder bowls around 50+ overs almost every now and then and yet is expected to save match single handedly? Even Watto had such a period where he got out in 90s and he doesn't even bowl that much. Besides teams like Aus & SA can afford to rest or not bowl Kallis/Watto. You have to play Shak to be even in the damn ground without forfeiting the match. Why do you even bring Afridi? He sucks in every department now and is about to get kicked out for good.

And LOL@accusing me of being a blind fan. I have criticized Shak all over this thread. And I never said that he's above criticism.
See. I only accused you for this particular instance. I have seen you here for a long time and know that when he doesn't perform, you'll be here to show your anger and vent your frustration but I don't agree with your view regarding yesterday's last over performance.

And, I'm not bringing Afridi. I just gave an example. Clearly, that guy couldn't handle both batting and bowling and focused on bowling. And I'd like to point out one more thing, you on the other hand are comparing Shakib to Watson and Kallis. Is it not because of bowling 10 overs in an ODI and nearly 50 overs a match getting wickets and coming on to bat at 4/5 and getting runs that got him the no.1 all rounder spot? So why are you complaining? Because as far as my cricketing knowledge goes, Watson and Kallis are miles ahead of Shakib when it comes to batting. It's just that their respective teams don't depend on their bowling. So why can't Shakib be unique and bowl 50 overs get 4/5 wickets and come out to bat to save our a**es? Because that is what got him recognition. And he is happy to to do that. He doesn't cry about it.
Old November 25, 2012, 01:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
See. I only accused you for this particular instance. I have seen you here for a long time and know that when he doesn't perform, you'll be here to show your anger and vent your frustration but I don't agree with your view regarding yesterday's last over performance.

And, I'm not bringing Afridi. I just gave an example. Clearly, that guy couldn't handle both batting and bowling and focused on bowling. And I'd like to point out one more thing, you on the other hand are comparing Shakib to Watson and Kallis. Is it not because of bowling 10 overs in an ODI and nearly 50 overs a match getting wickets and coming on to bat at 4/5 and getting runs that got him the no.1 all rounder spot? So why are you complaining? Because as far as my cricketing knowledge goes, Watson and Kallis are miles ahead of Shakib when it comes to batting. It's just that their respective teams don't depend on their bowling. So why can't Shakib be unique and bowl 50 overs get 4/5 wickets and come out to bat to save our a**es? Because that is what got him recognition. And he is happy to to do that. He doesn't cry about it.
Exactly that's where his commitment is shown. And it seems we fans just took it for granted just the way we expect him to perform every single match. Fair enough but think about it from a neutral point of view isn't he already serving his team? Then why question his commitment. Question his stupidity, technique, temperament and all. You are as frustrated as we all are. It has nothing to do with being a Shakib fan or not. Any cricket lover will get frustrated to see a talented player commiting suicide on the field. But questioning someon's integrity/ commitment is just little too harsh from fans. I don't think he deserves that much disrespect.

We have far greater problem in BD cricket than Shakib's commitment issue. He will perform no matter what. He will overcome his shortcomings as well and come out as a winner just the way he always did but that too will have little impact on a team like BD. BD will still manage to lose. We need to fix the other troubled areas before we start to think about some positive results. I'm worried more about those atm .
Old November 25, 2012, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Which part don't you agree with? That he deserves more fair criticism not incessant whining? Read my posts first then respond, that might help.

Quote:
And, I'm not bringing Afridi. I just gave an example. Clearly, that guy couldn't handle both batting and bowling and focused on bowling.
And he sucked at both, except in the odd occasions vs G8. Afridi was always a slogger - you might draw parallels with Zia for instance. Not Shak - whose batting and bowling is vital to your team. Pakistan have far better batsman so that they can afford to have bits and pieces player who can turn the match around/slog runs.

Quote:
And I'd like to point out one more thing, you on the other hand are comparing Shakib to Watson and Kallis.
I am not drawing direct comparisons, but rather the workload of players who play similar kind of roles in their respective teams. They're all not bits and pieces players like Afridi. So I'm snipping out your strawman of me comparing their ability here.

Quote:
Is it not because of bowling 10 overs in an ODI and nearly 50 overs a match getting wickets and coming on to bat at 4/5 and getting runs that got him the no.1 all rounder spot? So why are you complaining?
Jesus christ, why would you even bring in ODIs? We're discussing tests. Yes, 50 overs is MASSIVE workload for any bowler, let alone allrounder. If you disagree with this goddamn obvious fact, then lets end it here.

Quote:
It's just that their respective teams don't depend on their bowling.
Bingo. And they have less pressure as batsmen too, relatively speaking.

Quote:
So why can't Shakib be unique and bowl 50 overs get 4/5 wickets and come out to bat to save our a**es? Because that is what got him recognition. And he is happy to to do that. He doesn't cry about it.
Awful reasoning. Shakib toils and come out as winner many times - that takes extraordinary effort. What you're doing here now is bashing - not criticizing, which I am fine with, but bashing him for not being extraordinary considering the circumstances (injury, overwork, etc.). Clear?
Old November 25, 2012, 01:13 AM
Cricket Legend

@Maysun, not quite true. Watson was fit to bat in this test, because he wasn't fit enough to bowl he was not taken. They needed him to bowl - just like SA needed Kallis to bowl in the 1st innings. He was wreaking havoc.
Old November 25, 2012, 01:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
From the BCB:

KHULNA, Sunday, 25 November 2012

Media Release
SAHARA CUP 2012: Shakib out of first two ODIs

Bangladesh allrounder Shakib Al Hasan had an MRI scan on his right tibia bone in Khulna yesterday (Saturday) after the close of play on Day 4 of the second Test. The scan showed a stress reaction of the bone.
Wow, what a selfish guy. Suck it, and get on with it Shakib! A stress reaction? Boo-hoo, cry me a river. Go take 5 wicket haul, score tons and win 4-0 or you're the worst player in the world. There's no middle ground here, obviously.
Old November 25, 2012, 01:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Wow, what a selfish guy. Suck it, and get on with it Shakib! A stress fracture? Boo-hoo, cry me a river. Go take 5 wicket haul, score tons and win 4-0 or you're the worst player in the world. There's no middle ground here, obviously.
Its not a stress fracture a stress reaction. I wonder if he was really tested for fitness before the test by the team physio.
Old November 25, 2012, 01:19 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Exactly that's where his commitment is shown. And it seems we fans just took it for granted just the way we expect him to perform every single match. Fair enough but think about it from a neutral point of view isn't he already serving his team? Then why question his commitment. Question his stupidity, technique, temperament and all. You are as frustrated as we all are. It has nothing to do with being a Shakib fan or not. Any cricket lover will get frustrated to see a talented player commiting suicide on the field. But questioning someon's integrity/ commitment is just little too harsh from fans. I don't think he deserves that much disrespect.

We have far greater problem in BD cricket than Shakib's commitment issue. He will perform no matter what. He will overcome his shortcomings as well and come out as a winner just the way he always did but that too will have little impact on a team like BD. BD will still manage to lose. We need to fix the other troubled areas before we start to think about some positive results. I'm worried more about those atm .
Yes apu. Iam not questioning his commitment over the years, for he has served us well.

The context is, last over of the Day 4..

And like you, I hope he overcomes his shortcomings.
Old November 25, 2012, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Its not a stress fracture a stress reaction. I wonder if he was really tested for fitness before the test by the team physio.
Edited. But does it matter? He still sucks though.

Seriously, who plays a guy with knee injury in an entire test series? They should've postponed the series IMO. And as much as it hurts me to say this, I hope he sits out the entire series and get that surgery done.
Old November 25, 2012, 01:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yes apu. Iam not questioning his commitment over the years, for he has served us well.

The context is, last over of the Day 4..

And like you, I hope he overcomes his shortcomings.
Oh that was pure stupidity . No sane person would do that not even a selfish guy. He just became a laughing stock with that shot even Ash would've done better at that stage. I'm really curious to know the logic for playing that shot. What was he thinking?? The curious case of Mr Shakib Al Hasan
Old November 25, 2012, 01:25 AM
Cricket Legend

^ come now, the game must go on. He needs to be fit to be fair to self, and team. Physio should be quizzed on this - was he fit to play?
Old November 25, 2012, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Edited. But does it matter? He still sucks though.

Seriously, who plays a guy with knee injury in an entire test series? They should've postponed the series IMO. And as much as it hurts me to say this, I hope he sits out the entire series and get that surgery done.
Umm...if he hadn't played the test series, do you think people wouldn't have questioned his commitment?
Old November 25, 2012, 01:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Oh that was pure stupidity . No sane person would do that not even a selfish guy. He just became a laughing stock with that shot even Ash would've done better at that stage. I'm really curious to know the logic for playing that shot. What was he thinking?? The curious case of Mr Shakib Al Hasan
Either he is a retard or his injury and workload might have seriously affected his performance. That was clearly a tired shot - and exactly how it looks when it doesn't come off. If you hadn't noticed, he was just hitting everything off the spinners near the end of the day (Narine went for plenty). Probably could have still done better, yes. But when you're in pain, it's hard to concentrate and keep a calm head. So while it's not justifiable, it is understandable. He deserves more criticism for his 87 in the first match IMO, even though it might look less terrible.
Old November 25, 2012, 01:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Umm...if he hadn't played the test series, do you think people wouldn't have questioned his commitment?
Yep sack him ASAP IMO

Old November 25, 2012, 01:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Pollard, Steyn

In just my humble opinion, i don't its fair for anyone to be sitting in front of your computer and blaming or pointing any finger at him. Shakib stands up for his country again and again and yet here are people actually speaking against his commitment..You blame him for the brainfreeze? just take a moment and ponder how you cant always handle your temper when somebody disagrees with you on an online forum while he has to bat hours and hours in midday heat after bowling 52 overs! 52 overs! How can you have the heart to blame him? Yes, i understand you are dissapointed, but instead of imaging what more he could have done just take a second and take in all that he has done.
Old November 25, 2012, 02:02 AM
MLC World Series I

Why are we satisfied with the players' past achievements? Why can't we ask for more? This is the problem with us. We are just satisfied with what a player has done and sit on it. Why can't we expect Shakib to stay not out and bat the majority of day 5 with a well set partner in Nasir? Why are we just satisfied with, "Oh he has bowled 50 overs and batted with an injury! How much more can you ask? He tried his best.."

I am certainly not questioning his commitment and integrity over the years but just for his horrendous decision making in the last over that no top player of a country would have taken for the sake of the TEAM
Old November 25, 2012, 02:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Why are we satisfied with the players' past achievements? Why can't we ask for more? This is the problem with us. We are just satisfied with what a player has done and sit on it. Why can't we expect Shakib to stay not out and bat the majority of day 5 with a well set partner in Nasir? Why are we just satisfied with, "Oh he has bowled 50 overs and batted with an injury! How much more can you ask? He tried his best.."

I am certainly not questioning his commitment and integrity over the years but just for his horrendous decision making in the last over that no top player of a country would have taken for the sake of the TEAM
Did you real the story of "shonar dim para murgi"? I don't want to see Shakib becoming the "shonar dim para murgi" who is slaughtered to get all those eggs at a time.
Old November 25, 2012, 02:43 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Did you real the story of "shonar dim para murgi"? I don't want to see Shakib becoming the "shonar dim para murgi" who is slaughtered to get all those eggs at a time.
I knew someone or the other would point that out to me
Old November 25, 2012, 02:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Till now, shob to pocha dim....

The beauty of shonar dim in onfield performance is, more you give, more you be capable of giving unlike the dim (Egg) of Murgi...
Old November 25, 2012, 04:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Why are we satisfied with the players' past achievements? Why can't we ask for more?
There's a massive difference between saying "Ah he got a 97, that's good enough, no one should criticize him since he's a terrific player" and "The poor guy played with multiple injuries and bowling 50+ over and still played decently before his brainfreeze, lets cut him some slack for this".
Old November 25, 2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
There's a massive difference between saying "Ah he got a 97, that's good enough, no one should criticize him since he's a terrific player" and "The poor guy played with multiple injuries and bowling 50+ over and still played decently before his brainfreeze, lets cut him some slack for this".
No mercy!

If you are Shakib, and batting - you must score a ton and then a double
If you are Shakib, and bowling - you must get a fifer, then another

But, if you are Mofis, and batting - twenty runs is enough to get the call for national duty in the next twenty tests and then twenty more...

And, if you are Abul, and bowling - your average could be even over hundreds, no worries, you would always be in selectors' dream!
Old November 25, 2012, 08:11 AM
Club Cricketer

So in the first two ODIs we are gonna lose by at least 60-80 runs. The replacement of Ice man is a walking wicket.
Old November 25, 2012, 08:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Till now, shob to pocha dim....

The beauty of shonar dim in onfield performance is, more you give, more you be capable of giving unlike the dim (Egg) of Murgi...
Brother...the problem is cricket is a team game. It's not possible to play like this as you are a human being. You need your team to assist you. If Shachin Ramesh Tendulkar was in Bangladesh team, I am sure he would not be able to perform the way he did for India.
Old November 25, 2012, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Well I guess stupid 'blind fans' like me still love him to bits despite the brainfreezes Uploaded his innings wickets, btw.

Old November 25, 2012, 10:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

^ I think most of us here are fans of him and I guess no one is more dissappointed than him right now. I do hope he works on his bowling with Saqlain though.
Old November 25, 2012, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
No mercy!

If you are Shakib, and batting - you must score a ton and then a double
If you are Shakib, and bowling - you must get a fifer, then another

But, if you are Mofis, and batting - twenty runs is enough to get the call for national duty in the next twenty tests and then twenty more...

And, if you are Abul, and bowling - your average could be even over hundreds, no worries, you would always be in selectors' dream!
hmm wondering if Shakib gets paid more for taking that extra burden

That's the fans mentality. Look at their demand. They want more and more and more just from one man no matter if other contributes or not , bhabkhana "khub to #1 AR hoiso jao proti match e 100 koro r 5er nao noile tumi kisher player"

Is there any other player in the world who has the same workload as Shakib? I mean who have to be his team's best bowler, batsman and best fielder at the same time? It's so easy to sit in front of the computer and suggest if he has done before it then why can't he do it again and again. But do you guys ever considered that all these workload and the pressure of performing all the the time is taking it's toll on his body? Just see how many injuries he is going through now.

It's ok that we expect more and more from our best player but there should be some sort of consideration and respect attached to it as the man is already doing the job for the 11 players.