facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 4, 2013, 05:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Gareth Bale

Where did his wife go off to?!
Old July 11, 2013, 11:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

baba tumi cricket khela chhere dao... budhhi to ekhon emon tolanite thekse je Ashraful keo har manabe... Who would say once he was the only man the whole team relied on... the only player to use his brain and adjust to the game situation... Now please stop embarrassing yourself by playing for other teams
Old July 12, 2013, 12:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
baba tumi cricket khela chhere dao... budhhi to ekhon emon tolanite thekse je Ashraful keo har manabe... Who would say once he was the only man the whole team relied on... the only player to use his brain and adjust to the game situation... Now please stop embarrassing yourself by playing for other teams
This is very sad. Cricket is not easy and if he doesn't respect the game, it won't respect him back. He thought he could just go there straight from his honeymoon and play with no preparation and continue to have his honeymoon both on and off the field. He should have known better. He struggles in English condition and as a professional and very well paid overseas recruit, he should have made sure he prepares himself for his money's worth.

Anyway, I still have faith in him and I'm sure he'll bounce back strongly, but whether that will happen in this county stint, I don't know.
Old July 12, 2013, 12:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
This is very sad. Cricket is not easy and if he doesn't respect the game, it won't respect him back. He thought he could just go there straight from his honeymoon and play with no preparation and continue to have his honeymoon both on and off the field. He should have known better. He struggles in English condition and as a professional and very well paid overseas recruit, he should have made sure he prepares himself for his money's worth.

Anyway, I still have faith in him and I'm sure he'll bounce back strongly, but whether that will happen in this county stint, I don't know.
Yeah that's exactly what happened !!! He is still in a honeymoon mood and didn't take any physical or mental preparation for the game.. He thought he will go to the field and will score runs and take wickets.. Also the fact that he won't have to fight to get into the playing XI made him more relaxed it seems...The thing that I don't like about any of our players is their lack of passion.. They don't go above and beyond to accomplish something and they are always satisfied with their mediocrity .. Shakib's body language just shows that he doesn't try harder to excel... That's such a shame..That's where the BD tag comes from...

I remember Ajmal once said that he literally worked day and night to improve his bowling, he practiced at home and didn't even give time to his family that's when he mastered the doosra...Hafeez did the same... But I can't think of Shakib working that passionately to improve... so how can he become a world class cricketer..He worked really hard in his earlier years and rode on it for a long time but he should realize that in this competitive world he will have to prove himself over and over again and will have to keep up with his hard work..
Old July 12, 2013, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh don't rely on Shakib as much as before. They rely on Nasir and Mushfiqur.
Old July 12, 2013, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Bangladesh don't rely on Shakib as much as before. They rely on Nasir and Mushfiqur.
And that's another reason why I see Shakib not playing responsibly ... Now he thinks - ami dui charta 4/6 mere quick score kori , amar ichhemoto kheli karon ami out hoileo to ekhon ager moto shomoshha nai... Mushy r Nasir to achhei... bowling eo bhabe ami run dileo ekhon shomoshha nai Raz bhai r onnora to achhei... I think he plays more responsibly when he is in charge and when he knows it's him or none...

I don't know whether it's a good thing that we don't rely on Shakib anymore... Because with Mushy's improvement and Nasir's inclusion I was so excited that now we have a competitive team... Just imagine what a great batting line up we have when Tamim, Shakib, Mushy, Nasir all performs.. We really don't need a substitute of one of our strong player rather we need more players like Nasir to complement them..They all should play like they are the last man out there only then you will see BD doing well..
Old July 12, 2013, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

Dissappointing stuff from Shakib. He is one of the best players when it comes to playing responsibly. Dont get why he tries to play like umar akmal
Old July 12, 2013, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur and ABD

He doesnt give a damn with the bat anymore..goes down the track to heave towards the legside in a test match vs a quickie on the last hour of the day...sums up his mindset.
Old July 12, 2013, 04:12 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

In international cricket Shakib is still a responsible player. Obviously he also suffers from brain fart symptoms but lets not forget He batted cautiously and defensively many times in Test matches for the sake of the team.
Old July 12, 2013, 07:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
In international cricket Shakib is still a responsible player. Obviously he also suffers from brain fart symptoms but lets not forget He batted cautiously and defensively many times in Test matches for the sake of the team.
If a person keeps farting for long time, then there is a problem with his digesting process. Unfortunately, Shakib is having brain fart way too many times and its happening quite regularly. That's why people are concerned about his present situation. Fans are more concerned because he played sensibly and responsibly in the past, then what's the problem now ? The way he's playing now, i can't see him putting any effort to correct this problem. He is taking things for granted as other members have pointed out.
Old July 12, 2013, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

kom cheshta kore
Old July 12, 2013, 08:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

i think the icc rating is to blame for... it is the one that is pampering him the most... without performing to his credential or not playing due to injury he is still the no !
Old July 12, 2013, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

no tension do furti mood e asi amader shakib. ajke mone hoy kichu ekta kore felbe.
Old July 12, 2013, 09:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
i think the icc rating is to blame for... it is the one that is pampering him the most... without performing to his credential or not playing due to injury he is still the no !
me thinks so. This #1 tag is doing all the mental damage. He has not played that much of game but still ranked #1 only because other international players performed badly. This ranking is not a good indicator of his performance.
Old July 12, 2013, 09:31 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

if he doesn't perform his behind will be kicked of the team, he isn't in the triple AAA battery era where you can fail and still be in the team
Old July 12, 2013, 02:44 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

he always comes back
Old July 12, 2013, 02:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Like I said before...bad form is temporary, class is permanent
Old July 12, 2013, 03:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

looking at his SR it's clear that he was once again very aggressive.
It seems like he knows only one way in T20, although lately he seems to know only one way in every format, hitting every ball out of the ground.

Today is just one of those days it came off.
good alround performance.
Old July 12, 2013, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
looking at his SR it's clear that he was once again very aggressive.
It seems like he knows only one way in T20, although lately he seems to know only one way in every format, hitting every ball out of the ground.

Today is just one of those days it came off.
good alround performance.
righdo !!!

The way he plays these days there will be these moments when he will be successful but most of the time he will fail and it will look ugly... he should better stick to playing cricketing shots rather than those wild slogs at a wrong time.. He should understand he has his limitations and he can never be a Gayle or even Watson...
Old July 12, 2013, 03:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I was listening to BBC commentary after the game finished. Anthony Ireland mentioned, Shakib's batting success today is down to his hard work in net.
Old July 12, 2013, 04:03 PM
BC Editorial Team

Folks, once again, let us remember that this is not a tawdry gossip or trashy yellow journalism site. Please refrain from posting pictures of player's personal lives here unless they have been explicitly made public domain (such as an official wedding picture). Do refrain from লুইচ্চা comments on players' WAGs. We have removed one offending link from this thread.

- Mod
Old July 12, 2013, 05:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Anthony Ireland mentioned, Shakib's batting success today is down to his hard work in net.
Maybe he is read some posts here on BC? Made him more motivated.
Old July 12, 2013, 05:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Is Ashton Agar better than Shakib?
Old July 12, 2013, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Is Ashton Agar better than Shakib?
Well for starters i dont think Shakib has made a 90+ score against England yet alone on debut.
Old July 14, 2013, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Where can I see the score for county cricket (espacialy for the team shakib is playing in)?