facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1576  
Old August 11, 2011, 12:38 AM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,327

Even when he's out of form he gets nominated, way to go Shakib!

I'm predicting Watson or Yuvi to bag this.
Reply With Quote
  #1577  
Old August 11, 2011, 04:37 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,855

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Even when he's out of form he gets nominated, way to go Shakib!

I'm predicting Watson or Yuvi to bag this.
Yep, he had a good enough beginning to the season that his stats weren't to badly affected by the loss of form.
Reply With Quote
  #1578  
Old August 11, 2011, 09:29 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

i do not believe a single word of his plight that he's written about! and i don't want him to win this award, just for his sake. for the greater good
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1579  
Old August 11, 2011, 09:58 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
glad to hear that player-rao amader moto mone kostho peyeche...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ওয়ানডে সিরিজটাও সহজ হবে না| তারিখ: ১১-০৮-২০১১

মাঝখানে আমি কাউন্টিতে একটা চার দিনের ম্যাচ খেলেছি। দলের বাকি খেলোয়াড়েরা প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বিতা ূলক কোনো ম্যাচই খেলেনি। একজন খেলোয়াড় খেলতে খেলতে শেখে। না খেলতে খেলতে ভুলে যায়। কন্ডিশনিং ক্যাম্প হয়েছে, শুনেছি ব্যাটিং-বোলিং প্র্যাকটিসও হয়েছে ১৫ দিনের মতো। কিন্তু টেস্ট ম্যাচের প্রস্তুতির জন্য আমাদের কিছু ভালো ম্যাচ খেলা প্রয়োজন ছিল। এই টেস্টের প্রতিটি দিনই তা অনুভব করেছি।
হারার পর এসব কথা অজুহাতের মতো শোনাতে পারে। যাঁরা সেভাবে ক্রিকেট খেলেননি, তাঁরা হয়তো মনে করবেন সারা দিন প্র্যাকটিস করলেই তো ভালো খেলা যায়। তবে যাঁরা খেলেছেন, তাঁরা ঠিকই প্র্যাকটিস আর ম্যাচ খেলার পার্থক্য বুঝতে পারবেন। ম্যাচে একজন ব্যাটসম্যান ৫০-১০০ করলে সেটি এক মাসের প্র্যাকটিসের চেয়েও বেশি কাজে আসে। বোলারদের ক্ষেত্রেও কথাটা সত্যি। ম্যাচে লম্বা স্পেল করলেই না নিজের ভালো-মন্দ বোঝা যায়।
Probably that;s why some of them don't want to practice hard. Ian Pont confirmed it. Also some of our media.

I do agree with Shakib for the need of match practice. But he is trying to skip the importance of practice here. NOT A GOOD SIGN.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #1580  
Old August 11, 2011, 10:50 AM
nightwatchman's Avatar
nightwatchman nightwatchman is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 22, 2006
Posts: 551

last time when did he score a century in a practice match?
Sachin still net practice relentlessly...
it is not for skill but shot selection at the right moment and muscle memory...
joto shob faltu talnted player...
I am waiting for a good player with good work ethic to play for our country...
it is not about winnig Shakib it is how we play together as a team and compete at the highest level.
Ghumatey parno nai , net practice korely thik e ghumaita...
Ian said these cricketers did not show up even for Grant's training...
Reply With Quote
  #1581  
Old August 11, 2011, 02:30 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

It should go to Yuvi. Without him India couldn't have won the world cup.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #1582  
Old August 11, 2011, 03:33 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
It should go to Yuvi. Without him India couldn't have won the world cup.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Yuvi would be a strong contender. I don't think Shakib has done anything to be in the list. I think they had to be fair and thus included someone from Bangladesh.
Reply With Quote
  #1583  
Old August 11, 2011, 05:10 PM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,855

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Yuvi would be a strong contender. I don't think Shakib has done anything to be in the list. I think they had to be fair and thus included someone from Bangladesh.
He's done reasonably well actually, with an average of 24 with the ball and 38 with the bat, I don't see why he shouldn't get it.
Reply With Quote
  #1584  
Old August 12, 2011, 09:44 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

^^^ because he's a fat head!
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1585  
Old August 12, 2011, 10:02 AM
cricket_dorshok's Avatar
cricket_dorshok cricket_dorshok is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 16, 2006
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq
Posts: 3,563

^^^What's wrong with you? tomar premer prostab firiye diyeche?!
__________________
Loitta hotao, cricket bachao.
Reply With Quote
  #1586  
Old August 12, 2011, 10:08 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,855

I feel sorry for him. One of the most talented cricketers on the planet and look what team he is stuck with.
Reply With Quote
  #1587  
Old August 12, 2011, 10:16 AM
nakedzero's Avatar
nakedzero nakedzero is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 3, 2011
Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)
Posts: 2,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
I feel sorry for him. One of the most talented cricketers on the planet and look what team he is stuck with.
Exactly. But Shakib er majhe moddhe problem o dekha jai, ajke jeta jai nai. Asha kori akash theke mati te neme shob shomoy ei bhabei khelbe. Khub e genius player akta, khali matha thik rakhlei hoy, ohongkar jano na dhuke.
Reply With Quote
  #1588  
Old August 12, 2011, 10:25 AM
tiger_army's Avatar
tiger_army tiger_army is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Location: land down under
Favorite Player: who else?
Posts: 1,293

I feel sorry for him too.. poor guy...
__________________
"What a magnificent shot! No, he's out."
Reply With Quote
  #1589  
Old August 12, 2011, 10:27 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,855

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedzero
Exactly. But Shakib er majhe moddhe problem o dekha jai, ajke jeta jai nai. Asha kori akash theke mati te neme shob shomoy ei bhabei khelbe. Khub e genius player akta, khali matha thik rakhlei hoy, ohongkar jano na dhuke.
I agree. He has one thing which is a rarity in BD, which is a cricketing brain and understanding the game. Not see ball (well not hit ball in our case), block ball mentality... And for our bowlers it see bat and try to hit the bat.
Reply With Quote
  #1590  
Old August 12, 2011, 10:40 AM
nakedzero's Avatar
nakedzero nakedzero is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 3, 2011
Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)
Posts: 2,024

Your signature is 'a harsh truth!'
Reply With Quote
  #1591  
Old August 12, 2011, 10:45 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,459

but Sakib needs to convert these fifties to atleast 80s if not a hundred.
he needs to understand that getting fifty is not difficult for him but converting them is.
__________________
Tea20 is just not our cup of tea.
Reply With Quote
  #1592  
Old August 12, 2011, 10:54 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,855

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
but Sakib needs to convert these fifties to atleast 80s if not a hundred.
he needs to understand that getting fifty is not difficult for him but converting them is.
It's the time in which he has to convert. At those times, he usually has to accelerate, so he tends to get out.
Reply With Quote
  #1593  
Old August 12, 2011, 11:06 AM
tiger_army's Avatar
tiger_army tiger_army is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Location: land down under
Favorite Player: who else?
Posts: 1,293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
It's the time in which he has to convert. At those times, he usually has to accelerate, so he tends to get out.
exactly, he got his fifty around 40th over and our run was only 150... so he had to take risk, and got out. this is a common scenario for him...

I fear he is loosing his touch because of all these drama and huge pressure regarding the team.
__________________
"What a magnificent shot! No, he's out."
Reply With Quote
  #1594  
Old August 12, 2011, 11:24 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,033

The bottom line is that there is just too much pressure on Shakib to win matches for us. We just don't have other players that can step up to the plate and win matches. The only other player that's capable of winning matches is Ash and we know the story with him. Let's hope that we find some match winners in the near future so that the pressure can go down on Shakib.
Reply With Quote
  #1595  
Old August 12, 2011, 01:25 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

There is something in Shakib. Today when he walked in the crease, I seriously would've bet somebody at least $50 that he was gonna play a nice knock. And...he did. There's something in his mindset when he WANTS to bat. It's like if he really WANTS to stay in the crease, he CAN. It's really strange. If he can harness this "gift," he would be so much more successful with the bat.
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #1596  
Old August 12, 2011, 02:02 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
There is something in Shakib. Today when he walked in the crease, I seriously would've bet somebody at least $50 that he was gonna play a nice knock. And...he did. There's something in his mindset when he WANTS to bat. It's like if he really WANTS to stay in the crease, he CAN. It's really strange. If he can harness this "gift," he would be so much more successful with the bat.
Shakib can be as subject to rash or injudicious strokes as the next Bangladeshi batsmen. We've probably lost count of the number of times he's gotten out to the infamous 'super scoop'/paddle shot in all forms of cricket. However, he is as a batsman - in the words of Law and many others - who has 'a simple game' which is more often effective than it is attractive. He can work the singles during the middle overs and is capable of clearing the in-field with his slog sweep, cut and fearsome whack through the covers. His technique is still not great though and hence why he isn't as successful in Tests.
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #1597  
Old August 12, 2011, 02:07 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Shakib can be as subject to rash or injudicious strokes as the next Bangladeshi batsmen. We've probably lost count of the number of times he's gotten out to the infamous 'super scoop'/paddle shot in all forms of cricket. However, he is as a batsman - in the words of Law and many others - who has 'a simple game' which is more often effective than it is attractive. He can work the singles during the middle overs and is capable of clearing the in-field with his slog sweep, cut and fearsome whack through the covers. His technique is still not great though and hence why he isn't as successful in Tests.
He is technically VERY capable. It's just not as flashy or nice to watch as let's say Tamim or a settled Ash. But he does not have flaws. He does however rotate the strike unbelievably well. I agree with your other comments though.
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #1598  
Old August 12, 2011, 02:12 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,459

great ability in rotating the strikes,no matter what the situation is,no matter how slow start he gets,he still manages a good strike rate at the end.
__________________
Tea20 is just not our cup of tea.
Reply With Quote
  #1599  
Old August 12, 2011, 02:56 PM
safaat safaat is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 1, 2005
Posts: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
The bottom line is that there is just too much pressure on Shakib to win matches for us. We just don't have other players that can step up to the plate and win matches. The only other player that's capable of winning matches is Ash and we know the story with him. Let's hope that we find some match winners in the near future so that the pressure can go down on Shakib.
And also if we do lose games, he is the one man we conveniently point the finger at. We speak about his arrogance and all that sort of thing forgetting that he is possibly having the toughest sporting job in the world that is to captain a bunch of under performing, unprofessional cricketers who are either senior to him or has proximity of age, creating a problem of putting authority. And add to that the press is always against him as if he is the main villan.

Does shakib have options? He can't demand performances from senior players (specially the likes of ASH, Nafees and Razzaq) as the media will be at it again, he can't have the team he wants (by the way dont think Shakib has a problem with trying new players), and if the team loses he has to come and face the media banter. Plus as a 24 year old, he still has so much to learn about the game which he cant as he is too busy captaining the team and fighting it out with the media.

To be honest by the looks of it seems like it is a curse being Shakib al Hasan at the moment.

Bangladesh cricket has got someone who can be a mentor for the future cricketers but we are destroying him by pressuring him. He needs to resign from captaincy for his and teams sake.
Reply With Quote
  #1600  
Old August 12, 2011, 03:01 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,459

ajke Sakib 50 koray shobai khub sensible, softcore post korchey,lol.
__________________
Tea20 is just not our cup of tea.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket