facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 13, 2011, 08:40 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: shoaib akhtar

hi friends i am from Pakistan
and shakib is my fav Bangladeshi player
Old August 13, 2011, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Shah
hi friends i am from Pakistan
and shakib is my fav Bangladeshi player
Welcome bro, how are you?

Yep, Shakib is essentially, along with Tamim, the world's favourite Bangladeshi player
Old August 13, 2011, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Shakib is dragging a bunch of losers who doesn't have either talent or motivation. He is like the Daniel Vettori version of Bangladesh, always providing support with the ball and bat because the rest fails to do it. But yet, NZ had some competent players throughout the times like Bond, McCullum and others. We don't even have those occasional class players. And that's why we always so badly.
Old August 13, 2011, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Shakib is dragging a bunch of losers who doesn't have either talent or motivation. He is like the Daniel Vettori version of Bangladesh, always providing support with the ball and bat because the rest fails to do it. But yet, NZ had some competent players throughout the times like Bond, McCullum and others. We don't even have those occasional class players. And that's why we always so badly.
Tamim is like McCullum, very hard hitting and talented, but is relatively inconsistent.
Old August 13, 2011, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

He is only a shadow of McCullum. He (McCullum) had many many blistering and game changing knocks in all forms of the game. On the other hand, Tamim might have 4-5 such innings at best. Plus he keeps as well (one of the best keeper in recent times). So I think McCullum is much better overall player.
Old August 13, 2011, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
He is only a shadow of McCullum. He (McCullum) had many many blistering and game changing knocks in all forms of the game. On the other hand, Tamim might have 4-5 such innings at best. Plus he keeps as well (one of the best keeper in recent times). So I think McCullum is much better overall player.
That's why I said like. McCullum is more mature and obviously plays better bowling more often that Tamim does.
Old August 13, 2011, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Tamim is way better in tests than Mac though.
Old August 13, 2011, 01:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

A bit of attitude.. I think he's deserving of a bit of that

At the end of the day, he proved his worth it when he came to Worcestershire and when he played with KKR. He showed that he's talented and that he's an excellent cricket player. Now what is the difference between these two teams and our beloved Bangladesh cricket team?

The Bangladesh cricket team are a bunch of idiots! They have no consistency, no sense of teamwork and are becoming more and more pathetic by the day. So he makes a couple of mistakes. Big deal..
Old August 13, 2011, 01:53 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

lol i remember last year during this time we were all saying "let shakib go and play for worcs..we dont need him to beat zim and county cricket will do him a lot good..if we cant beat zim without shakib we should stop playing cricket"...lmao
Old August 13, 2011, 02:35 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
lol i remember last year during this time we were all saying "let shakib go and play for worcs..we dont need him to beat zim and county cricket will do him a lot good..if we cant beat zim without shakib we should stop playing cricket"...lmao
Haha very true.
Old August 13, 2011, 02:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:

Who said it

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old August 13, 2011, 04:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Lol, I remember this, it's in one of his match thread I thinks... Looks like without him we wouldn't even be able to compete let along lose.
Old August 13, 2011, 04:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
I remember a few people saying that. We really don't have the luxury to take Shakib out and resting him for any tours. We still just rely on Shakib to win us matches. We're not India, Australia, or England where we can field a 2nd team and beat teams. The depth is just not there. It'll take a long time before we have the luxury of resting players for tours.
Old August 18, 2011, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Old August 21, 2011, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Man of the Match award...plus the nomination for man of the series....er cheye beshi ar ki chai shobar??? Aaj dekha jabe Shakib er naam e kotto kotto gun-gaan....cheleta finger injury niyeo ja khello...dekhar moto....Insha Allah October er West Indies series ar December er Pakistan saeries eo ebhabei performance dibe....

Does aybody think that he can become the "Imran Khan" for Bangladesh in future? He has a lot of potentials......
Old August 21, 2011, 11:09 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Man of the Match award...plus the nomination for man of the series....er cheye beshi ar ki chai shobar??? Aaj dekha jabe Shakib er naam e kotto kotto gun-gaan....cheleta finger injury niyeo ja khello...dekhar moto....Insha Allah October er West Indies series ar December er Pakistan saeries eo ebhabei performance dibe....

Does aybody think that he can become the "Imran Khan" for Bangladesh in future? He has a lot of potentials......
to be what imran was for pak u need not only cricket potential but also strong charecter..shakib showed a lot of that in his early captaincy days..but sadly fame got to his head..but stll he'll improve with time..he looks like the only guy in BD team who have the potential to mature with time..
Old August 21, 2011, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

True that Night Wolf....I completely agree.....see he is only 24 at the moment....it will take time for him to settle down and if he does.....we can have a "Tiger" like what was Imran to Pakistan...."Lion"
Old August 21, 2011, 03:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by safaat
To be honest lamisa he isn't. Imagine yourself being stuck with a group of unprofessional, under performing collegues whom you cant demand performances from either because of seniority or age proximity. You will start getting frustrated and frustration will show on ur expressions and behaviour. He cant demand an Ash, Nafees, Razzaq because they are seniors and have the backing of the either the selectors or the media. He cant drop the from the team only because he wants it because then he will blamed of playing dirty politics which he is already blamed for.

At the same time we both know how youngsters in our country behave. If Shakib starts to become a bit stubborn with the younger ones they will start a revolt. They will say exactly what we are saying here in this forum. "big head, fame has got to him...bla...bla".

And at the tip of the iceberg we have the media. It is Shakib who gave the media something to talk and be "experts" about by single handedly bangla washing NZ and now the media has become bigger experts and the ones to whom Shakib is accountable. Some sections of the media in all probability have grudges against this bloke to be so brutal against him. Why isn't an Ash, Tamim, Razzaq, Nafees as accountable as Shakib. May be because he doesn't like interacting with the media a lot. Perhaps he refused a few interviews and now the media is going after him.

I myself am an introverted person and have problem expressing myself and often is misunderstood. Shakib himself has said that he is an introverted person and thus there is a great chance that we trust the media way too much at the cost of misunderstanding our only real performer.

This is exactly where this Shakib's attitude is coming from. As I said in my previous post at this moment in time it is a curse being shakib al hasan

Excellent observation ! I am kinda fed up the stupid attitude shown by the media towards Shakib. He is a diffrenet kinda breed in the team. Khaled Mahmood Sujan seem to be always against Shakib whenever he opens his mouth.

He is leading the team from the front, that's what we expect him to do.
Old August 21, 2011, 04:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Champion

i just pray Allah guides Shakib to the right track....and really give him the strength to fight agsint all odds who want to destroy.....Insha'Allah Shakib is one of those, patiently persevering, and ofcourse, he will make mistakes, but i hope he learns from these......and as told in the Qur'am "they plotted and planned, and God too plotted and planned, but the best of planners is God".....may Allah forgive me for my rough trnaslation
Old August 21, 2011, 05:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Another anti-Shakib article from Kaler Kontho:

http://dailykalerkantho.com/?view=de...e_id=1&index=1

সাইদুজ্জামান, বুলাওয়ে থেকে
ফুটবলে এ বিতর্কটা বহু দিনের। তার সমাধানও দিয়ে দিয়েছে ফিফা। আন্তর্জাতিক কোনো টুর্নামেন্টের পাশাপাশি মৌসুমে অন্তত পাঁচটি প্রীতি ম্যাচ খেলার জন্য ফুটবলারকে ছাড়তে বাধ্য সংশ্লিষ্ট ক্লাব।
ক্রিকেটেরও আন্তর্জাতিক সংস্থা আছে। ইন্ডিয়ান প্রিমিয়ার লিগ নামক অর্থের আগুনে ক্রিকেটাররা যেন ঝাঁকে ঝাঁকে ঝাঁপ না দেন, সেটি নিশ্চিত করতে সমঝোতার পথই বেছে নিয়েছে আইসিসি। আইপিএলের জন্য 'উইন্ডো' খুলে দিয়েছে সংস্থাটি। যে সময়টায় কোনো টুর্নামেন্ট আয়োজন করবে না আইসিসি। দ্বিপক্ষীয় সিরিজ আয়োজনেও টেস্ট খেলিয়ে দেশগুলো আইপিএল 'বাঁচিয়ে' সফরসূচি করে! এত কিছুর পরও দেশ না আইপিএল বিতর্ক আছে ক্রিকেটে। লাসিথ মালিঙ্গার টেস্ট ক্রিকেট ছেড়ে দেওয়ার পেছনে মুম্বাই ইন্ডিয়ান্সের জন্য ফিট থাকাই নাকি মূল কারণ_গুঞ্জন আছে। যে গুঞ্জনের পক্ষে অসংখ্য যুক্তিও আছে।
এত দিনকার বৈশ্বিক এ বিতর্কটা এখন ঢুকে পড়েছে বাংলাদেশেও। যার সূত্রপাত দলের সেরা ক্রিকেটার এবং অধিনায়ক সাকিব আল হাসানের আইপিএল পরিকল্পনাকে ঘিরে। একের পর এক ম্যাচ হারছে দল। অথচ তার অধিনায়ক দেশে ফিরে ১০ সেপ্টেম্বর দেশ ছাড়ার পরিকল্পনায় মশগুল। গত আইপিএলে পঞ্চম হওয়া কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্সকে চ্যাম্পিয়নস লিগে জায়গা পেতে হলে প্লে-অফ খেলতে হবে। সে দুটি ম্যাচ ১৯ ও ২০ সেপ্টেম্বর। যে ম্যাচ দুটির জন্য নাইট রাইডার্স প্রস্তুতি শুরু করবে ১০ সেপ্টেম্বর থেকে। এদিকে অক্টোবরে দেশে আসছে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ দল। জিম্বাবুয়েতে বসেই ওই সফরের প্রস্তুতি পরিকল্পনা চূড়ান্ত করছেন নতুন কোচ স্টুয়ার্ট ল। যা সম্পর্কে অধিনায়কের ধারণাটা এ রকম, 'কোচরা নাকি একটা ট্রেনিং প্রোগ্রাম তৈরি করে ফেলেছে। তবে আমি থাকতে পারব না। চ্যাম্পিয়নস লিগের কোয়ালিফাইং ম্যাচ আছে।'
আইপিএল বলুন কিংবা কাউন্টি অথবা যেকোনো পর্যায়ের ক্রিকেট_চুক্তিবদ্ ক্রিকেটারদের জন্য সংশ্লিষ্ট বোর্ডের অনুমোদন প্রয়োজন। সে অনুমোদন নিয়েই কি আইপিএল পরিকল্পনা নির্ধারণ করেছেন নাকি এটা অধিনায়কের একান্ত ব্যক্তিগত অভিপ্রায়? প্রশ্নের উত্তরটা জানা নেই জিম্বাবুয়েতে বাংলাদেশ দলের শেফ দ্য মিশন হিসেবে আসা বিসিবি পরিচালক শফিকুর রহমান মুন্নার, 'আমি এ রকম কিছু জানি না। এটা ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্স ভালো বলতে পারবে।' অনুমোদন অবশ্য একবার নেওয়াই আছে সাকিব আল হাসানের। আইপিএলের নিয়মিত আসরে তিনি বিসিবির অনুমোদনসাপেক্ষেই অংশ নিয়েছেন। তবে সেপ্টেম্বরের বর্ধিত অংশের জন্য নয়। তাই চ্যাম্পিয়নস লিগের বাছাই পর্বে অংশ নেওয়ার জন্য বিসিবির অনুমোদন নিতে হবে সাকিবকে।
নাইট রাইডার্সের জন্য খেলে ফেরার পরও ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ সফরের ক্যাম্প পাবেন সাকিব আল হাসান। কিন্তু টানা ক্রিকেট যে একদা বিশ্বের শীর্ষ অলরাউন্ডারের শক্তি শুষে নিচ্ছে, সেটি টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট পর্যায়ে আর গোপন নয়। ব্যক্তিগত নৈপুণ্য দিয়ে গতকালই এবারের জিম্বাবুয়ে সফরে সেরা দিনটি কাটিয়েছেন সাকিব। যদিও এ সফরে এমন আরো বেশ কয়েকটি 'সাকিবীয়' দিন প্রত্যাশিত ছিল। সে ব্যাটিং কিংবা বোলিং, এমনকি ফিল্ডিংয়ের সেই সাকিবকে এবার কতটা দেখেছে জিম্বাবুয়ে? প্রায় দুই বছর হলো নিরন্তর ক্রিকেট খেলার ধকল যেন আর আড়াল করতে পারছেন না সাকিব। যদিও জিম্বাবুয়ে নামার পর থেকে সে চেষ্টাই করে যাচ্ছেন তিনি, 'ক্লান্তি না দেখানোই দলের জন্য ভালো।' এ তো পরিকল্পনার কথা। কিন্তু শরীর তা শুনবে কেন? টানা ক্রিকেটের চেয়ে আইপিএল এবং ইংলিশ কাউন্টির ভ্রমণটাকে বেশি ক্লান্তিকর মনে হয়েছে সাকিবের, 'খেলেই প্লেন নয়তো বাস ধরতে হয়। এরপর আবার ম্যাচ।' ২৯ জুলাই হারারের রেইনবো টাওয়ার্স হোটেলের কফিশপে বসে বলছিলেন সাকিব।
আইপিএল এবং কাউন্টিতে ব্যক্তিগত সাফল্যের গর্ব আর বিপুল অর্থ ক্লান্তি ভুলে সাকিবের মুখে হাসি ধরে রাখার যুগল অনুপ্রেরণা। তাই আইপিএল কিংবা কাউন্টিতে সাকিবের প্রতি বলেই মনে হতো এই বুঝি উইকেট পড়ল! অথচ সেই তিনি যেন দেশের বাঁহাতি স্পিনারদের মিছিল থেকে উড়ে এসে জিম্বাবুয়েতে জুড়ে বসা একজন! বোলিং নিয়ে দুর্ভাবনার কথা সফরের শুরুতেই জানিয়েছিলেন সাকিব, 'ব্যাটিংটা ঠিক আছে। কিন্তু বোলিংয়ে একটু সমস্যা হচ্ছে। একটু টিউনিং দরকার।'
সুর ঠিক করার উপলব্ধিটা সাকিবের নিজেরই। অথচ প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচের প্রথম ইনিংসে একটি ওভারও বোলিং করেননি অধিনায়ক। ব্যাখ্যায় বলেছিলেন, 'দেখি যদি দরকার হয় তো করব।' পরের দিন স্থানীয় দলের দাপট দেখে বোলিং করতে একরকম বাধ্যই হয়েছিলেন সাকিব। যদিও নিজের প্রয়োজনেই সে ম্যাচে বোলিং করার কথা তাঁর। যাক, আসল ম্যাচে বাজিমাত করবেন অধিনায়ক, সে ধারণাও ভুল প্রমাণ হলো টেস্টের প্রথম দিনই। সেদিন সবাইকে দিয়ে প্রায় সমসংখ্যক ওভার বোলিং করিয়ে সাকিব বলেছিলেন, 'সবাই দায়িত্ব নিক না!' এ চিন্তা যেমন অযৌক্তিক, তেমনই মাঠে অধিনায়কের নড়াচড়া দেখে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট মোটামুটি নিশ্চিত যে আইপিএল আর কাউন্টিতে গা পুড়িয়ে এখন চিকিৎসা নিচ্ছেন অধিনায়ক।
চতুর্থ ওয়ানডের আগে নিজের বোলিং সমস্যার নতুন একটি কারণের কথা জানিয়েছিলেন সাকিব, 'স্পিনিং ফিঙ্গার কেটে গেছে।' কত ওভার বোলিং করে এ দশা হলো বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়কের? প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ থেকে তৃতীয় ওয়ানডে পর্যন্ত হিসাব করলে এবারের জিম্বাবুয়ে সফরে সব মিলিয়ে ৯৫ ওভার। যা একজন বোলারের জন্য ডাল-ভাত। এ সাকিবই ২০১০ সালে ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে ঢাকা টেস্টে এক ইনিংসে বোলিং করেছিলেন ৬৬ ওভার! যা এক ইনিংসে কোনো বাংলাদেশির সবচেয়ে বেশি ওভার বোলিং করার রেকর্ড। বল ঘোরানোর আঙুল তখনো ছিলে গিয়েছিল। কিন্তু বোলিং থামাননি সাকিব। বাংলাদেশের পক্ষে টেস্টে সবচেয়ে বেশি বোলিং (৩৩ ম্যাচে ১৪৫৭.২ ওভার) করা মোহাম্মদ রফিকের স্পিনিং ফিঙ্গারের জন্য তো তাহলে ক্রিকেট জাদুঘর বানানো দরকার। এ জাতীয় যুক্তি মৃদু সংশয়ে ফেলে দিয়েছে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টকেও_ন ইট রাইডার্সের জন্য শক্তি সঞ্চয় করে রাখছেন না তো সাকিব!
Old August 21, 2011, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 21, 2011, 09:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^^thanks Shakibrulz.
Old August 21, 2011, 10:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Still the best player and captain we've ever had. Attitude adjustment anticipated by his family during the Eid holidays will make him better.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 21, 2011, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Dhurro....roja rekhechi...tai ei shundor (????!!!) article ta dekhe gaali diteo parchina....come on......
Old August 21, 2011, 11:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Thanks a lot Shakibrulz