facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 12, 2011, 05:16 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy

Link

Link
I thought Gautam had a problem with his vision! how come he opted to play this instead of resting!
Old September 12, 2011, 05:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatmore
hey guys long time! Hmmmm reading through alot... my advice stick with Shakib!
Welcome back Stumps, we are still here in full force.

The whole world knows what we (BD) should do yet it seems BCB is unaware. Steady leadership was necessary but petty arrogant characteristics came in the way. I wonder what these board members did while they were 22-24 years old? Certainly not carrying the nations pressure on their shoulder. Politics ruins everything.
Old September 12, 2011, 05:34 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I wonder what these board members did while they were 22-24 years old?
isn't it obvious? they were playing football to prepare for the BCB job!
Old September 12, 2011, 06:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Or India, they always speak highly of him.
ya,and that's why he was regularly picked in KKR XI .
Old September 12, 2011, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Again T20? He should have stayed and practiced with the team. Beside making easy money, there is no benefit in playing in the so called "Champions League".
Old September 12, 2011, 09:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

^^ I was thinking the same... IPL will destroy SHAKIB...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old September 12, 2011, 10:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

First of all, Shakib was already committed to playing this Champions League qualifying stuff with KKR. So it is not a case of him deciding to go AGAIN.

Second, money is not the ONLY benefit of IPL. There is also the added benefit of playing alongside the likes of Gambhir and Kallis and sharing the dressing room with them. Also, you guys sound like playing for money is bad ! Bashar, Nafees betrayed the national team to play ICL, and now Shakib is being portrayed as kind of greedy!
Old September 12, 2011, 10:06 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

i would like to see what u guys do if u get $425000
Old September 12, 2011, 10:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Lol why most of the best players of the world want to play IPL?
Old September 12, 2011, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleonIV
First of all, Shakib was already committed to playing this Champions League qualifying stuff with KKR. So it is not a case of him deciding to go AGAIN.

Second, money is not the ONLY benefit of IPL. There is also the added benefit of playing alongside the likes of Gambhir and Kallis and sharing the dressing room with them. Also, you guys sound like playing for money is bad ! Bashar, Nafees betrayed the national team to play ICL, and now Shakib is being portrayed as kind of greedy!
But National duties should come first. No one is defending Bashar or Nafees. Whatever they did was terrible and and there is no doubt it.

I am just saying Shakib should have stayed and practiced with the team for our own good. After the horrible Zim series, we need to focus and regroup. If we again lose badly against WI, a lot of people will start questioning our progress.

I understand that he is committed with KKR and needs to play along Gambhir and Kallis but at the same time he is our best performer. Too much T20 might ruin his form in Test or ODIs. Instead playing in BCB Challenge Cup and skills and fitness training might be better for him and the team now.
Old September 12, 2011, 11:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I am not saying Playing IPL doesn't make him (shakib) good or bad.I am stating the fact that IPL will destroy him (not because of money). Coach sallauddin already said he is not giving flights. also mixing with greats in a picnic type tournament is not always good. now most these players spends night in the night clubs and you know what which he can pick up very easily... I am not hating the player I am hating the tournament...

BTW if players can say NO to boards why can't they say no to IPL team? if they want they can, but they won't because money matters to most (including me...)
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old September 12, 2011, 11:44 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
ya,and that's why he was regularly picked in KKR XI .
but what could they do? he doesn't know how to bat in t20's and they probably figured that out from training camps. and moreover yusuf and iqbal abdulla were lethal with the ball. why wouldn't you pick morgan? with a man of such talent. not undermining shakib here (of course that would be foolish to do so), but he really has to improve his batting in t20's if he's to play regularly abroad for t20 franchises. he doesn't want to take the single's but goes for the expansive shot every delivery. and we know how that turned out.
Old September 12, 2011, 02:54 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I am not saying Playing IPL doesn't make him (shakib) good or bad.I am stating the fact that IPL will destroy him (not because of money). Coach sallauddin already said he is not giving flights. also mixing with greats in a picnic type tournament is not always good. now most these players spends night in the night clubs and you know what which he can pick up very easily... I am not hating the player I am hating the tournament...

BTW if players can say NO to boards why can't they say no to IPL team? if they want they can, but they won't because money matters to most (including me...)
So far, the BCB 'Challenge' Cup has not proved to be much more than "a picnic-type tournament". It may be a different format, but getting smashed around and/or flopping with the bat, will at least test his mettle more. Besides, it does not look very likely that KKR will make it past the qualifying stages, so Shakib may be back around the 22-23rd of September...around the time that this Challenge Cup ends.
Old September 12, 2011, 03:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

CL T20 is way better than such lousy cricket against 'A' & Academy Team. Good that he was allowed to go and he opted to go, Money is bonus.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old September 12, 2011, 04:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Lol why most of the best players of the worldBecause. want to play IPL?
because before IPL even world class class cricket players made nothing comparing to some of the other athletes that play other sports. The only reason we are all so upset with IPL is because our players suck and none of the franchises have bothered to pick them up except Shakib. If we had more players parcipating in IPL we all would have been obsessed with it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old September 13, 2011, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
but what could they do? he doesn't know how to bat in t20's and they probably figured that out from training camps. and moreover yusuf and iqbal abdulla were lethal with the ball. why wouldn't you pick morgan? with a man of such talent. not undermining shakib here (of course that would be foolish to do so), but he really has to improve his batting in t20's if he's to play regularly abroad for t20 franchises. he doesn't want to take the single's but goes for the expansive shot every delivery. and we know how that turned out.
that doesnt make sense at all.. Cricket isnot about only talent..
Morgan just sucks at T20 just like Shakib as a batsman.. Check his performance in ipl of last two year..
OR Do you want to tell Shakib is not much talented as Morgan as a batsman??
Shakib is miles ahead of Morgan if he just remain cool...
And dont tell me shakib
werent lethal with ball.. He has much better stats than those two...
Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 13, 2011, 06:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

If Sakib was given enough opportunities in IPL, he would have been the best bowler of the tournament.
His batting is a problem though, but even with the bat he wouldn't have done any worse than Morgan .
Old September 13, 2011, 06:37 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Morgan just sucks at T20 just like Shakib as a batsman.. Check his performance in ipl of last two year..
And dont tell me shakib
tbh saying morgan sucks at t20 based on ipl in not fair..he played really well vs india in the t20 and his t20 int stats are great..he just had bad time in ipl..
Old September 13, 2011, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
tbh saying morgan sucks at t20 based on ipl in not fair..he played really well vs india in the t20 and his t20 int stats are great..he just had bad time in ipl..
not bad time...He performed really bad in ipl 3 also.. And before judging another thing how many t20 matches he had played and how many shakib?? Morgan played already 80 matches avg 25+ whereas shakib only 40 avg 12+..
And Shakib just started to play t20 regularly this year... Shakib just need two or three big innings to improve his batting avg..

Old September 13, 2011, 09:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

T20 Sucks..........

End of story

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old September 13, 2011, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

he signed a contract and so he has to go. i really wish that he plays EXTREMELY well makes us all proud!
Old September 13, 2011, 01:01 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
And dont tell me shakib
i do think Morgan is a better batsmen than Shakib esp. in T20's. yes he has had two dismal IPL seasons, but so did Brett Lee. look at his IPL avg, horrendous for a player in T20 but yet he starts every match. KKR expects Shakib to perform both with the bat and the ball when he's selected, but hasn't delivered with the bat. i admit, he's hardly batted or comes too lower down the order, but circumstances are such at KKR that he wont get to bat in the top order. and someone lower down the order is expected to slog and clear the ropes when he comes in, and Shakib can't do that, that's when you go for RTD or Morgan(though he opened in a few matches)

yes Shakib is early in his t20 career but he needs to sort his batting out if he's to be a lethal player in t20.
Old September 13, 2011, 02:10 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
not bad time...He performed really bad in ipl 3 also.. And before judging another thing how many t20 matches he had played and how many shakib?? Morgan played already 80 matches avg 25+ whereas shakib only 40 avg 12+..
And Shakib just started to play t20 regularly this year... Shakib just need two or three big innings to improve his batting avg..

i didn't compared shakib with morgan in my comment i just said that saying morgan sucks in t20 isnt fair.. he is horrible in ipl but his record for eng in t20 is fair enough...and another thing 40 matches is a large enough pool
Old September 13, 2011, 04:26 PM
MLC World Series I

Shakib Al Hasan 4-0-27-2 against Hyderabad Cricket Association. He did not bat apparently.

Source: Facebook. Don't know how credible it is as none of KKR's sources mentioned any individual scores.
Old September 14, 2011, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
i do think Morgan is a better batsmen than Shakib esp. in T20's. yes he has had two dismal IPL seasons, but so did Brett Lee. look at his IPL avg, horrendous for a player in T20 but yet he starts every match. KKR expects Shakib to perform both with the bat and the ball when he's selected, but hasn't delivered with the bat. i admit, he's hardly batted or comes too lower down the order, but circumstances are such at KKR that he wont get to bat in the top order. and someone lower down the order is expected to slog and clear the ropes when he comes in, and Shakib can't do that, that's when you go for RTD or Morgan(though he opened in a few matches)

yes Shakib is early in his t20 career but he needs to sort his batting out if he's to be a lethal player in t20.
hmm..but I dont think morgan is better batsman than Shakib...