facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 23, 2013, 01:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Sahih International Translation
Quote:
And do not eat of that upon which the name of Allah has not been mentioned, for indeed, it is grave disobedience. And indeed do the devils inspire their allies [among men] to dispute with you. And if you were to obey them, indeed, you would be associators [of others with Him].
Surah An'am ayah 121 (chapter 6, verse 121)

http://quran.com/6
Old April 4, 2013, 12:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
I have a software that have the whole Quran with English translation.

If you want me to send it to you, you can pm me your email ID.

I also have a software that has informations about most of the known Prophets. Also have two Hadith's softwares.

I think some of you already have it. I've got them from a website like 5/6 years before.
Please via send me all the islamic softwares that you have
Or i have an idea, you can share and upload these in your dropbox and share us the link
So that anyone can download it if they wish to..
Old July 29, 2013, 05:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

أَلَا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ

Ala bizikrillahi tatma-innu alquloobu

“Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do the hearts find rest.” (Quran 13:28)

So Simple, yet so very powerful.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 2, 2013, 08:56 AM

I am providing an elaboration on those who are the "muttaqoon" (people of taqwa). This was the discussion that our Imam did tonight during Tarawe'eh. He gave his translation and explanation, which I found beautiful in how it captures the essence of "taqwa", the essential meaning of which is "Piety". Surah Al-Imran, ayah 134 :-

1. Those who "give/let go" [yunfiqoon] during ease [fis sarra'i] and during difficulties [fid'dwarra'i] - in the cause of Allah, not just money as charity but it also could be their time to help others, or making an effort, or any other action of goodness for the sake of Allah.

2. And who "swallow their anger" (wal kaadhwimeenal ghaydhw); not just hold anger back, but to swallow it and remove it.

3. And who forgive their fellow people out of love (wal afiyina anin naas)

4. For Allah loves those who 'excel' (Wallahu yuhibbul muhsineen) [and also as in 'excel' in everything that we do... even as a janitor sweeping the floor]

We hear so much about Taqwa, and yet this simple ayaat shows us the true beauty of taqwa.

And it follows from the words "afiyina anin'naas" as well that the dua for Lailatul Qadr is "Allahumma innaka Afuwun Tuhibbun Af'wafa Af'wanni - Allah loves to forgive and He is the lover of forgiveness". To be a person of Taqwa, we have to forgive for love - that is one of the criteria.

btw, don't bother reading the interpretation of the meaning given at Quran.com because that is just a horrible translation that does not even bother to literally translate the arabic words used in the ayaat.
Old August 2, 2013, 09:47 AM

I also want to discuss "Taqwa" based on what our Imam has often discussed with us in his Khutbahs. Simplistically we often say Taqwa is "fear", but that is a very shallow translation of the word. You could say "Piety" is a closer meaning. But even that does not seem to encompass what Taqwa in its literal conceptual sense is.

A literal understanding of Taqwa as a concept is as "a covering, for protection" like what your blanket or garment is against the cold. And Allah says many times "Ya Ayyuhallazeena amanu'taqullah" which literally translates as "O you who believe, fear Allah [as he should be feared]" right? But in the sense of the word Taqwa as a covering for protection, Taqwa means "Be mindful of Allah and take heed of His protection and take it as a covering". That is how you have taqwa, not by "fear" alone or by "piety" alone.

And from my above post, Subhan'Allah, the muttaqoon, the people of taqwa are described so beautifully in that Ayat.
Old August 3, 2013, 01:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

^Excellent posts, Ammar!
Old August 3, 2013, 01:45 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark

btw, don't bother reading the interpretation of the meaning given at Quran.com because that is just a horrible translation that does not even bother to literally translate the arabic words used in the ayaat.
Before Rifat and others take umbrage to the post, I must share that ironically it is a very insensitive way to put it. I'd be instantly deemed as an Islamophobe had I made that comment.

Perhaps "insincere" would be a suitable replacement than a brazen "horrible". Although I know quite nothing of Qurandotcom or it's translation. :-]
Old August 3, 2013, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Perhaps "insincere" would be a suitable replacement than a brazen "horrible". Although I know quite nothing of Qurandotcom or it's translation. :-]
Interesting point. When I saw the translation at Quran.com it annoyed me, that's probably why I said it's "horrible". I dont want to judge sincerity of their purpose, I think they are probably quite sincere in their own way, but their one line translation does not even begin to convey the spiritual depth of the ayat. Nor do they provide the literal translations of the words used, but they try to give you their interpretation of it. I can forgive them for it, but I wouldn't want others to take just mine or their (Quran.com) interpretation for it, when there's much to be discussed and understood about it. I actually have similar reservations about the green copies of the Holy Quran that the Saudi government foundation distributes for free everywhere. Their interpretations are intensely offensive and shallow many times.

The mystique of the Qur'an is much like how Lesley Hazelton describes her study of the Quran to be, The tourist in the Qur'an is not just her, but all of us who try to comprehend it.

----
Also note how that one ayat I discussed above doesnt mention "taqwa" directly, its the preceding verses in Surah Al-Imran that talks about Taqwa and the Muttaqoon, and its in that context that this ayat explains who are the Muttaqoon.
Old August 3, 2013, 10:11 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
The mystique of the Qur'an is much like how Lesley Hazelton describes her study of the Quran to be, The tourist in the Qur'an is not just her, but all of us who try to comprehend it.

That really is a beautiful way to put it. I watched the video before and bookmarked for later.
Old August 3, 2013, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Very good explanation Ammar bhai. I always thought of the literal meaning of 'taqwa' as 'fear'. But now through your point I see where 'piety' is coming from. That is why it is very important to read the Tafsir of the verses rather than word by word explanation.

Recently, I was listening to the tafsir of Surah-Asr. One of the shortest surah in the Quran, with only 3 ayahs, and the tafsir is 3 hours long.

Allah opens the surah saying, "Wal 'Asr", which literally translates to "By time" (from quran.com). But the word Asr has more meaning than time in Arabic. It is used for the time that is running out. The word "'Asira" means the last drop of juice when someone squishes a fruit. It is the final drops of water when someone squeezes a wet cloth. So Asr means that almost end part of the day, and when Allah is swearing by that it captures the urgency of the word and the entire Surah.

I think quranexplorer.com does a better job in translating.
Old August 4, 2013, 06:32 PM

^^ Mufi, Sura al-Asr is my favourite surah. It is concise, but it lays open a lot to be hopeful about

~~ Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim ~~

1. Wal Asr, - Allah swears by this vanishing final hour

2. Innal Insaana La Fi Khusr - Surely mankind is at a great loss! This is the most compelling statement...

3. Illal Lazeena amanu, - Except for those who Believe (in not just Allah, but the Final Hour as well leading to the Day of Qiyamah, of belief and acceptance of the whole 6 articles of Iman)

4. wa amilus swalihaati - They who Persevere

5. Wa ta waw saw bil Haqqi - for the Truth! Subhan'Allah this one word 'Haqqi' includes so many things. a. Allah is al-Haqq. b. We look to the previous phrase regarding Iman, and thus the Believer acknowledges the Tawhid of Allah, and that Allah is al Haqq, the Quran and the other scriptures are haqqi (true), the prophets and the messengers are haqqi, the angels are haqqi, the afterlife - the day of reckoning, heaven and hell are haqqi, and we have Qadr (predestination) in our lives - that is also haqqi. c. Being true and living with truth

6. Wa ta waw saw bis'Sabr - And those who persevere in Patience. Subhan'Allah - Patience is of equal importance to the Truth. The Patience to persevere, the patience to withstand hardship, trials and calamities, the patience to seek and succeed, the patience to hope and to reject doubt, the patience for justice. the patience for certainty, the patience for sincerity, the patience for mercy and to be merciful, the patience to hold back anger.... the list is endless!
Old August 10, 2013, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru

JazakAllah khairan Brother Ammar for the explanations, I agree with you totally. Translations more times than not do not do justice to the real meaning of the qur'an.
Old October 21, 2013, 07:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Say, "None in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allah , and they do not perceive when they will be resurrected."
Sahih International

Surah 27(An-naml/ant), Ayah 65