facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: What's your stand on Hathuri?
Pro-Hathuri 24 96.00%
Anti-Hathuri 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 12, 2015, 01:45 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Default Hathuri Poll - 2nd edition

HC Chandika Hathurusinghe Opinion Poll
2nd Edition - Pre-World Cup 2015
Sept - Feb, 2015

Based on what you've seen so far since September 2014, how do you feel about our head coach, and his style and direction going into the WC? Are Pro-Hathuri or Anti-Hathuri?

Don't say you'll have to wait until our WC camp is over! This is about how you feel BEFORE the WC. (There won't be another poll right after the WC. Obviously the results from the WC will dictate the votes.)

1st edition.
Old February 12, 2015, 01:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: maxwel,miler-ryder-warner

its not his fault. we won 8-0 against zim

I think its the papon and co's fault. we needed match practice but they couldnt arrange it.plus they banned shakib for few months and finally, select inexperienced team in difficult aussie NZ condition

he asked for zubair--they selected arafat sunny
Old February 12, 2015, 02:07 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I like his style. He holds his cards close. Am I the only one who caught the fact that he didn't let any of our front line bowlers bowl in the 2nd game, where Michael Clarke sunk in to play? Why give anyone any scouting reports? Specially to an opposing captain? He's not a blabber either. Haven't heard any promises or goals. Only thing he talked about is squad selection. He wanted Sunny, so did we, but didn't get him. And he made that fact known. IDK how I feel about that part. But it's different from coaches just agreeing with selectors' selections. Or JS's, "we didn't leave Sachins behind."
Old February 12, 2015, 02:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I like his style. He holds his cards close. Am I the only one who caught the fact that he didn't let any of our front line bowlers bowl in the 2nd game, where Michael Clarke sunk in to play? Why give anyone any scouting reports? Specially an opposing captain. He's not a blabber either. Haven't heard any promises or goals. He wanted Sunny, so did we, but didn't get him. And he made that fact known. IDK how I feel about that part. But it's different from coaches just agreeing with selectors' selections. Or JS's, "we didn't leave Sachins behind."
He wanted jubair not Sunny. Agree with you for the rest of the post.
Old February 12, 2015, 02:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan

Cant blame the coach. We dont have the right players, well we never had the right players.

A coach can do nuff all if the players are rubbish.
Old February 12, 2015, 04:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I like his style. He holds his cards close. Am I the only one who caught the fact that he didn't let any of our front line bowlers bowl in the 2nd game, where Michael Clarke sunk in to play? Why give anyone any scouting reports? Specially to an opposing captain? He's not a blabber either. Haven't heard any promises or goals. Only thing he talked about is squad selection. He wanted Sunny, so did we, but didn't get him. And he made that fact known. IDK how I feel about that part. But it's different from coaches just agreeing with selectors' selections. Or JS's, "we didn't leave Sachins behind."
Ya buddy, I noticed that too. He is trying to extract as much as possible with the limited resources he has or was given to him by BCB/Selectors. He avoids the media as much as possible and gets down with his work. There are issues with our players' mentality and professionalism but it cant be fixed overnight.

But knowing our BD culture, he will surely be under heavy fire if we dont make it to the second round. Cuz thats what we do best - blame others.
Old February 12, 2015, 04:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: maxwel,miler-ryder-warner

if we dont go to 2nd round, all senior will be chopped off. then next wc we will have another brand new team with zero experience but we will be #1 youngest team with zero experience.
Old February 12, 2015, 05:22 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sabbir, soumya

Eishob baad dao.

Nothing happened. 58 and 78 already happened. canada happened. Ireland also happened before.

Keep that smile boys. We will be fine.
Old February 12, 2015, 05:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think he is a great coach. A no-nonsense type of a guy. This is what needed for BD cricket. It will take some time to instill discipline and professionalism to our players. We are far behind our western counterparts when it comes to professionalism. If any coach can change it then I think its Mr. Haturasinghe. Hope I spelled his name correctly
Old February 12, 2015, 01:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

All the coaches we had so far had problems with BCB except maybe Eddie Barlow. Coaches never had the freedom they deserve and always got the blame for our failure. Some were smart enough to say goodbye before the situation got worse. Law had a plan, Jurgenson had a plan so did Richard. All those plans were rejected. There is not much a coach can do with limited resources and close to zero support from the board.

Haturi is trying his best. Riyad's transformation is a good indicator of his work. But he like many others in the past has failed to motivate players to play conscientiously. This culture of sloppiness has infected our team many days ago. He doesn't have a magic wand to change it overnight.

Matches against Afgans and Scots will dictate the tenure Haturi will enjoy as our coach. Loss against anyone of them will most likely show him the door. But all those BCB directors will still continue to enjoy their Big fat checks. They are invulnerable after all
Old February 12, 2015, 08:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Champion

I am sure Hatuira is enjoying the challenge. I am sure coaching Bangladesh is making him reminiscent of the pre-96 days for Lanka. After all, he understands the situation very well, and he is probably enjoying that, to transform a team with immense potential into a major force. Not many others would enjo that because they have come from established cricketing culture. But am sure Hatuiri is being able to relate to current Bangladeshi players and those early Sri Lankan players. Defnitely there's a reason he is patiently going about coaching Bangladesh even in unfriendly circumstances because there must be some form of emotional fulfilment he must be deriving too by coaching Bangladesh, presumably because his association of Sri Lankan cricket with past and how they used to be. Other coaches also had a fat pay check, but just that didn't cut it for them. I think he like Dave will help take our cricket (ofcourse with several other cricketing factors as well) to take Bangladesh at another level from the level we currently are in international cricket. Hopeful.
Old February 13, 2015, 11:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

He should stay takes a long time to sign acredible coach,did a good job at NSW and did some good things at sri lanka,as per their success.
Bangladesh not good at keeping caoches,if he stays keep him,takes time to mould the team,and yes Bangladesh are struggling over here,but they never experienced these conditions before.
Old February 14, 2015, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I give him till the end of WC...then he's a goner.
Old February 14, 2015, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Yes, and after that we can get Sarwar Imran on a long time deal ;-)
Old February 14, 2015, 11:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
We should give any coach at least two years.
Old February 14, 2015, 11:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Coaches and captains should be like underwears.
Old February 14, 2015, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Now we have definitive proof Hathuri is doing a good job. Not because of the 19 yes votes so far but because of the one person who voted no
Old February 14, 2015, 02:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Coaches and captains should be like underwears.
... and if they lose to AFG or SCOT then they will be lla shuta beer howa red underwear.
Old February 15, 2015, 05:25 AM
Cricket Legend

I am refraining from voting on this until end of all our matches.

From what i hear, Hathurusingha has brought back system, process and discipline in our camp after a couple of anarchic years, where players were becoming bosses, were not willing to work hard, and were more interested in superstardom than hitting the gym. Now its slowly starting to look like a cohesive unit. Happy to see the improvement in Riyad and Tamim on individual level. But then again yet to see any notable improvement in others. Maybe we will during the WC.

And also the harsh reality of this job is, no matter how many good things you do behind the scenes, you will be in the firing line if the team dont perform on the pitch.

I truly hope the team puts up a good show, and all our coaches including Streak, Halsall, etc get a long stint. We wont go anywhere by keeping on chopping and changing coaches.

We dont perform, i am afraid BCB and fans will pin it on the coach. Anything could happen from there onwards.
Old February 15, 2015, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
We should give any coach at least two years.
Who are we to give anybody anything sitting behind the computer? What I meant is that BCB and BC fans will call for his head after our WC disaster and he will be yet another victim of the unaddressed real problem that exist.
Old February 15, 2015, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Who are we to give anybody anything sitting behind the computer? What I meant is that BCB and BC fans will call for his head after our WC disaster and he will be yet another victim of the unaddressed real problem that exist.
just out of curiousity, what is this unaddressed real problem that exists? since it has not yet been addressed, i guess only a select few people know about it, right?
Old February 15, 2015, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
just out of curiousity, what is this unaddressed real problem that exists? since it has not yet been addressed, i guess only a select few people know about it, right?
I can hear the sarcasm in your tone. But since you are playing naïve, here it is. The unaddressed problem isn't unknown, it's known by all including the people who are in charge and the BC fans as yourself. Yes, I am talking about our domestic cricket system. Unless that improves, no chance in hell we will develop as a cricket nation.
Bangladesh does not lack the initial talent, but lacks the system that takes it to the next level. Just check the performance gap that exist between our U-19 team vs. the national team. Where all other nations excel in promoting their cricketers, we fail miserably.
Old February 15, 2015, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

^These are valid problems and resolving them would surely solve most of our issues no doubt, but if it becomes evident after this world cup that one or more of the countries out of Zim, Ire, Scotland, Afg, UAE are progressing at a better rate than us - although not necessarily having reached our level yet - despite having even more limited infrastructure and resources than we do, then maybe the players need to be held accountable too. I mean when reports surface about national team players getting unnecessarily involved in internal politics and pulling weight to avoid training sessions or gym, these are issues that need to be addressed at the national team level. Per Jeesh, unlike some of his predecessors Hathuri is trying harder to lay down the rules to make players train harder and hit the gym more often. This is certainly a good sign although it remains to be seen how much longer he's able to continue what he's trying to do without stepping on others toes.
Old February 15, 2015, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I am refraining from voting on this until end of all our matches.
OP says this poll is for before WC begins not after it ends
Old February 16, 2015, 12:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Irelands progress under Phil Simmons is a proof, that you must be willing to give a coach a long stint to get the best out of a team.