facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 2, 2016, 06:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib
Default Hathuri Da - A brilliant tactician?

I know as we are all very excited, many threads have popped up in the past 1-2 days. But I thought about opening this one specially after tonight's performance. Lets spare some praises for the man who's been dong it all behind the scene - our very beloved coach.

Technically, lets analyze a few things here:

* Riyad mentioned in the interview with Ramiz that the coach approached him and asked him to play the role of a finisher before the tournament started. Surely then, Hathuri Da has seen something that most of us didnt.

* Usually a country's best bat plays at no. 3. Sabbir has been promoted in that spot since last year and has done consistently well. Previously he was at 6-7, which was mainly the finisher's spot, which has now been taken over my Riyad. Initially most of us wouldnt believe that it would work but its getting the job done. Kudos to the coach for that too.

* Now a quote of Mashrafe after today's match (from cricinfo) -

"I hadn't even put on the helmet when the coach came up to me and said, 'Amir is reversing the ball, and will be pitching it full so you go and take the chance. You will hit him straight down the ground'," Mashrafe told ESPNcricinfo. "This was just before Shakib's dismissal so going to bat at that point was the coach's decision. Since he was so encouraging towards me, I felt brave. I knew that if I can connect, I could get fours or sixes. He had told me that I shouldn't go to bat if Shakib gets out in the last ball of the 19th over but if he does fall in the next few balls." .

^ Well played coach, well played!

However, it is still baffling to me why Hathuri Da brought in Mithun in the squad when he is adding nothing (apart from the game in UAE). Something is definitely in his mind but regardless, it seems to not be clear what it is. We have to wait and watch.

However, lets give a round of sincere applause for our Hathuri Da. He has certainly turned around BD's fortunes, along with the other amazing coaching staff and team management.
Old March 2, 2016, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Mithun is just there to make up the numbers lol
Old March 2, 2016, 08:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Good, but are you talking about just T20 strategy? Or ODIs as well?

Reason I ask is, do you think Sabbir is going to come one down in ODIs as well?
Old March 2, 2016, 08:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

Thank you dear coach Hathurusingha....salute! Love and peace!
Old March 2, 2016, 08:46 PM

Thank you is NOT enough! He deserves more.

Congrats Coaches and support staffs along with BCB officials
Old March 2, 2016, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Durjoy talk nah
Old March 2, 2016, 09:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Mushy, Tamim, Abul

Haturi Da for Bangladeshi citizenship!

Need to keep Haturi da for WC '19, least till then, if possible lot longer maybe 2023 World cup.

Back on topic. Yes, I think he is got the team to believe well, jell well, have such self belief they never had before. Even if Haturi was a village and took the job of BD coach he could've have done this same thing, something about Haturi Da just connects with the players. He was not a big name coach or anythjng when he came in, but the players absolutely love him and he has all the players backing too. That's a sign of good united unite, and a unite that has one goal which is to succeed. And together they are working hard under Haturisinghe's guidence and in doing so, the players are believing it a lot more than they might have ever done before hence the good performances are coming out now more consistently.

Not just Haturi da. The whole team management: coaches, trainers, physio's ; need to be applauded, and kept on till another two 50 over's WC's, if not least ONE.
Old March 2, 2016, 09:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Durjoy talk nah
Durjoy is a beyadop and a battamiz!
Old March 2, 2016, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

He and his team have been terrific for Bangladeshi cricket. I just hope BCB plans to keep them around long enough to keep progressing.

We have a history of good coaches falling out with management. Fingers crossed, Papon will not let that situation arise.
Old March 3, 2016, 12:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Haturi nailed it once again.
Old March 3, 2016, 12:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

The work he has done on the mental aspect of our boys.... that would stay and have new limbs which would reach others. That is the best thing he has given to this team.
Old March 3, 2016, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jason Day

I think that he's the Bujhee Kom in the Bangladesh cricket team. Inspirational.
Old March 3, 2016, 01:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Thank you Haturu da. You and your entire management team are superb for us.
Old March 3, 2016, 02:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

If I was Papon, I would give Hathuri a blank cheque to fill in any number he wants and tie him down to a contract till the 2019 WC atleast.

I would also impose a 100 km radius stadium ban for Durjoy or whtever the hell his name is.
Old March 3, 2016, 07:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Good, but are you talking about just T20 strategy? Or ODIs as well?

Reason I ask is, do you think Sabbir is going to come one down in ODIs as well?
Havent seen Sabbir in 3 in ODIS last year. But I would love to see him there. He can stay as well as hit the bowl, something we need there. We can ensure that we dont go in a shell given early wickets.
Old March 3, 2016, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:

* Usually a country's best bat plays at no. 3. .
Not thats not true at all. Maybe for T20, but not for test or ODI. The number 3 batsman is the anchor, they are the most stable batsman. The best batsman plays at number 4, because you want to shield them away from the new ball.
Old March 3, 2016, 08:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Not thats not true at all. Maybe for T20, but not for test or ODI. The number 3 batsman is the anchor, they are the most stable batsman. The best batsman plays at number 4, because you want to shield them away from the new ball.
I doubt that's the case, even regardless of format. Also, I heard Jadeja yesterday say the same that its a rule of thumb that you play your best bat at 3. Kohli, Ponting, Smith, Williamson are prime examples.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Haturi and Mash are in stark contrast to the Jurgensen and Mushy duo...
Old March 3, 2016, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Heres a crazy thought. Could there be a remote possibility in the back of their minds, the team management didnt want expose Abu Hider to India in the game against Pakistan? It doesnt sound right, but maybe the thought crossed their mind?

Sun Tzu says "In war use the normal to engage, and extraordinary to win." Dont want to hype Abu Hider, but could he be a surprise factor against India?
Old March 3, 2016, 09:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

^ I hope that's the case and Rony pulls it. Don't feel confident with Sunny although Rony hasn't been tested much at international level either.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Heres a crazy thought. Could there be a remote possibility in the back of their minds, the team management didnt want expose Abu Hider to India in the game against Pakistan? It doesnt sound right, but maybe the thought crossed their mind?

Sun Tzu says "In war use the normal to engage, and extraordinary to win." Dont want to hype Abu Hider, but could he be a surprise factor against India?
Good thoughts. I am all for a performing Rony but he did get smacked hard by Zim. Indians will smack him even harder if he misses his line and length.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I don't have much confidence in Sunny. I think SHakib and Mahmadullah are good enough slow bowlers to support the pacers. Nasir too, if he gets selected.

Sunny was just throwing some of his deliveries vs Pak. If he does that against India, they will hit him till his name gets changed to Cloudy.
Old March 8, 2016, 08:30 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I thought this was nice: "It is learnt that few months ago Bangladesh head coach Chandika Hathurusingha had a made a visit to Dhakaramshala and all the other venues Bangladesh will be playing in the World Twenty20. During the unnoticed tour the national coach noted all the vital facts of the ground and the conditions and has shared with his team."

Source
Old March 8, 2016, 08:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I thought this was nice: "It is learnt that few months ago Bangladesh head coach Chandika Hathurusingha had a made a visit to Dhakaramshala and all the other venues Bangladesh will be playing in the World Twenty20. During the unnoticed tour the national coach noted all the vital facts of the ground and the conditions and has shared with his team."

Source
Wow. Hathuru was conducting reconnaissance missions all this time without anyone knowing. Boy does he take his job seriously or what!
Old March 8, 2016, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo

Source
I hope this was indeed the case. Knowing our country's "journalists", however, the phrase "it is learnt that..." probably means "we hope that...", not "we found out that...". Unfortunately, our "journalists" are notorious for misreporting. I do hope the news about Hathuru's fact-finding mission is true though.