facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old Today, 04:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
u sir deserve a cookie!
Better me having the cookie than Tamim I say
Old Today, 04:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Kohli

Practice makes perfect. Look at Mushfiq. Look at the improvements he made since his debut. Why? Because he worked his *** off to get where he is today. He is the most hardworking in the team after Mashrafe. And what does Tamim do? Nothing. It is clearly visible with his body and recent form. No improvement whatsoever. I would pick Anamul over this fatass any day.
Old Today, 04:58 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sabbir, soumya

You all leave Tamim ALONE!

he will retire after 20 years just like tendulkar with a special innings that seals the World Cup.
Old Today, 05:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shak,gazi,mush

Wow, Tamim is back in the gossip again. I'm afraid I had biryani for dinner last night and can't help to think how did this dish is synonymous to him. Chuckle chuckle
Old Today, 05:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight
Practice makes perfect. Look at Mushfiq. Look at the improvements he made since his debut. Why? Because he worked his *** off to get where he is today. He is the most hardworking in the team after Mashrafe. And what does Tamim do? Nothing. It is clearly visible with his body and recent form. No improvement whatsoever. I would pick Anamul over this fatass any day.
It's a case of Sheer talent Vs Hardwork, so it's a never ending discussion. Tamim achieved greater things when Mushy was struggling. Even it's not that Mushy has become a top ten player of the world...they are yet neck to neck. So have patience with all, is the lesson we can derive from having patience with Mushy earlier on...

We don't have SRTs BCLs waiting in the sidelines. We have seen talents coming and going. None achieved anything...Anamul, Mominul hasn't done any better than Rokibul, Imrul, Nazimuddin .. Any team we pick we have to bear with their shelf life, for them to learn through their life, who can pass on their knowledge and that builds culture. Very rarely we should pick one/two new guys after they prove consistently playing in A team or Practice matches against the best of the world, again and again. Or if there is a genuine SRT/BCL for sure....

Instead we are going through a musical chair of talents, which are giving us nothing...we are stuck in the same place. One generation will have to be given a full career run, irrespective of we lose or win, to build that culture of cricket. Make it difficult for new guys to enter the national team, that will encourage some ambitious guys to hone their skills and reach a level which will compel us to take him in the national team. National team should be available only for someone having proven skills .. No more on talent...that may sound giving an undue advantage to this generation, but you can't do anything, the first generation after the test status will have to have it.

A life long experience of these players will also make the domestic cricket stronger and new people grow with some knowledge. Whether they continue to play or contribute being attached to the teams in various positions. The current ex players themselves are half cooked ex players how would they pass on knowledge they didn't acquire as a player due to short stints in international cricket? So we suffer both in domestic and international level by having these musical chair of talents. We aren't building a proper cricketng culture at home either.
Old Today, 05:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Champion

Although am getting fed up with Tamim of late, I have realized he is more of Jayasuriya/Sehwag type players who underachieved in ODIs. Same here, I am quite sure he will produce a couple of noteworthy innings in his blistering style this WC, but will disappoint quite often as well. We just gotta accept that, unless we unearth someone better than him, and frankly, just like what BANFAN said, we all remember the hype with Anamul. Heck, even Nasir faded away (but still very much hopeful for his comeback this WC). We just gotta be patient. A big knock is really around the corner for Tamim.
Old Today, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

The problem is we have always been hearing this big knock coming around the corner and each time he disappoints. Then when he does happen to make a 50+ we think he is back to form but he just goes back to scoring single digits again until we wait for the next big knock around the corner......
Old Today, 06:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

He has grossly underachieved because of his smoking, biriyani, pizza, fried chickens induced manboobs, over weight and lack of fitness. This has been further worsened because of his inflated ego, crassness and lack of class.

He needs to be replaced. Sooner the better.
Old Today, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

but to be fair the ball that dismissed tamim was a very good delivery... not easy to play out a delivery like that early in your innings.
Old Today, 06:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

BP, he has been cleaned up exactly in the same fashion by the likes of Kemar Roach and others. I am talking golden ducks here. He is a veteran of 145 ODIs!
Old Today, 07:58 AM
Test Cricketer

I saw tamim bowled like that many times. Eg England match in 2011 wc and last t20 wc. He has lack of confidence. I think he lost his timing. Dont think he ll survive in odi in future. Any good opener will challenge his slot soon.
Old Today, 08:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

tamim mama, get outta this team or you're gonna get humiliated even more and ur gonna have to leave with a bag over ur face!
Old Today, 12:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
I saw tamim bowled like that many times. Eg England match in 2011 wc and last t20 wc. He has lack of confidence. I think he lost his timing. Dont think he ll survive in odi in future. Any good opener will challenge his slot soon.
No one will , otherwise he wouldn't be the auto pick as an opener despite an average of 29 at a 70 something SR
Old Today, 12:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
tamim mama, get outta this team or you're gonna get humiliated even more and ur gonna have to leave with a bag over ur face!
Tamim Iqbal will be injured very soon! he has always had the injury as an excuse! so if in the next few games he fails! you will see how he finds a way to either intentional get injured, or will do something stupid. My conclusion from what I have seen of him is that, everytime he tends to go out-of-form he has blamed it on injury, even though i don't think he was/is actually injured, made up. Soo hopefully he does plays well, if he does not he got his back covered perfectly well!!
Old Today, 12:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
but to be fair the ball that dismissed tamim was a very good delivery... not easy to play out a delivery like that early in your innings.
If I am not mistaken! Tamim has lost his off-stump in every worldcup! do clarify if i am wrong. In the last world cup, I think he lost his off-stump to Ajmal Shehzad? Its a routine for Tamim Iqbal to do this, is a ritual for him. but be prepared for his drama if he fails to do anything in this world-cup, if he does expect the five finger (recall-asia-cup)
Old Today, 12:38 PM
Street Cricketer

Tamim smokes !!! ? That's a news to me... holy cow..!
Old Today, 12:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Warney lived on a diet of smokes ,pizzas and bake beans look what he did.
Old Today, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

amar mathay ekta budhdhi ashche....nanabhai amader theke je taka niyechen sheta diye pace foundation na baniye Tamim ke ekta treadmill ar fit bit kine upohar dile kemon hoy? amra online e monitor korte parbo Tamim protidin koto step dourachche.
Old Today, 12:48 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Warney lived on a diet of smokes ,pizzas and bake beans look what he did.
I am pretty sure if Warne was a fast bowler he would have very short shelf life--- look at Shoaib Akhtar as an example
Old Today, 05:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

We need to back Tamim and Support him

http://www.priyo.com/blog/2015/02/26....cCCGbECC.gbpl