facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 10, 2012, 11:54 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^ But in those days Zsayeed bhai, there were few international test matches played overall. We are the ones being shunted by the ICC's schedule where they prefer the same teams to play each other repeatedly rather than give Bangladesh more games.

You're right though, we have to merit playing Tests. That's why we should play 3-test match series against the likes of Zimbabwe and regular 2-test match series against NZ/West Indies/even Sri Lanka in current form. Organizing 4-day matches against top associates may be good practice too. This has to happen side by side with revamping the first class system - whether with a franchise system or whatever
Old April 10, 2012, 12:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
What!
The FC league is preempted by DPL, BPL, Monsoon, Politics - and we want to cry to ICC FTP??????????????
Say the same to your board first and then talk to ICC after you (as in BD/BCB) prove yourself!

When was the last time Tamim played an FC match?
the reporter asked if after the Asia cup BD will be able to translate this kind of form into test matches.
The subject in this part of conversation was Test matches,not FC cricket.
Quote:
Programme, Bangladesh only play 42 Test matches until the end of 2020, with no tours of India and England. Their next Test assignment is against Zimbabwe in August.

"That's the main problem for Bangladesh," Tamim, 23, told ESPNcricinfo. "The moment we start to do well in Test match cricket, we get a year's break or a 14-month break. If we want to really improve in Test match cricket, we need to play the format a lot more.
So TI responded very well.
Old April 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Really? did you intentionally mis-read my intention there?
Old April 10, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Really? did you intentionally mis-read my intention there?
no I didn't,pls explain me what I misunderstood.
Old April 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Time and time again we have heard the same Lament - not enough tests.
And time and time again we have heard the same comments from players and commentators during the tests matches - need to improve FC. The whole world holds accountable the FC structure - and when there is a time to speak out - the BCB/FC goes unnoticed - until again a debacle looms. What is firmly under control in BD's hands is our own structure. Fix what you can control first and then you can have a proper podium to make such a statement. We have heard the same lament from Atherton, Bishop, Ramiz. You name it.

That is my point - fix what can be fixed and the rest will follow.
Old April 10, 2012, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

For heaven's sake we played a bunch of 50 over matches to prepare for the last test tour! What was it BD vs BD-A? What did that do?
Old April 10, 2012, 01:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Time and time again we have heard the same Lament - not enough tests.
And time and time again we have heard the same comments from players and commentators during the tests matches - need to improve FC. The whole world holds accountable the FC structure - and when there is a time to speak out - the BCB/FC goes unnoticed - until again a debacle looms. What is firmly under control in BD's hands is our own structure. Fix what you can control first and then you can have a proper podium to make such a statement. We have heard the same lament from Atherton, Bishop, Ramiz. You name it.

That is my point - fix what can be fixed and the rest will follow.
I agree that FC cricket is very important but we (BD players or fans or BCB) should not miss any opportunity to blame ICC for not giving enough Test matches to us.
this is what TI said regarding BD's improvement in ODIS :
Quote:
You see us playing ODI cricket for quite some time and quite regularly, and the performance is changing. The world is seeing that Bangladesh is coming up. It's the same with Test cricket.
And I 100% agree with him, MORE Tests please.
Old April 10, 2012, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Good luck with that.
Old April 10, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

"We'll win it," a cheeky Tamim Iqbal said, dismissing all thoughts the Bangladesh may need some time to get back into the groove of playing Test cricket. "If you're eating with the left hand, you won't forget to eat with the right hand. It's exactly the same - you need to prepare well, set your mindset and just play." Zimbabwe's Hamilton Masakadza, who was sitting next to Tamim during their media session had a ready response. "We'll come out guns firing too and look for the win," he said.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/525730.html

How did we prepare well for that one? Mindset from what?

Last edited by zsayeed; April 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM..
Old April 10, 2012, 02:44 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Zsayeed bhai, it's not an either/or situation. Agreed that we need to improve our first class structure but as that takes time (especially due to the lethargy/ineptness of our administrators) we have to also seek out international Test matches as well. Unless you're advocating that we go on a Test hiatus for 5 years like Zimbabwe and come back when we're better? (There are definitely some points in favor of doing so but I for one would miss seeing Shakib/Tamim in Tests)
Old April 10, 2012, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

অল্পস্বল্প
‘দাদা ডিনারে নিয়ে গেলেন’

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ১১-০৪-২০১২

অপেক্ষার প্রহর গুনছেন। আইপিএলে পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্স দুই ম্যাচ খেলে ফেললেও এখনো খেলা হয়নি তামিম ইকবালের। এ নিয়ে হতাশা থাকলেও অভিযোগ নেই বাংলাদেশ ওপেনারের। বরং কাল পুনের হোটেল রুম থেকে টেলিফোনে বললেন, এই অপেক্ষায় সঙ্গী হচ্ছে ভালো করার আত্মবিশ্বাস

কেমন আছেন?
তামিম ইকবাল: আছি ঠিকঠাক। খেলতে পারছি না, সে কারণে একটু খারাপ লাগছে। খেলতে না পারলে আসলে কারোরই ভালো লাগে না। আর আমি তো দলের সঙ্গেও যাচ্ছি না। তবে প্র্যাকটিসে চেষ্টা করছি ভালো করার, যাতে সুযোগ পাই। এখন বাকিটা দলের হাতে।

আপনাকে না খেলানোর কারণ কী মনে হয়?
তামিম: কারণ আর কি? নিশ্চয়ই টিম কম্বিনেশনে আসছি না। এ ছাড়া তো আর কোনো কারণ দেখি না আমি। তবে খেলতে না পারায় হতাশা থাকলেও আমার কোনো অভিযোগ নেই। আমি দলের অংশ। দলের জন্য যেটা ভালো, আমিও সেটাই চাই। দল প্রয়োজন মনে করলে অবশ্যই আমাকে নেবে। আর সুযোগ পেলে ভালো খেলব, এই আত্মবিশ্বাস আছে। মাত্র তো দুটি ম্যাচই গেল।

সময় কাটে কীভাবে?
তামিম: প্র্যাকটিস থাকে। দলে আমরা মোট ৩০ জন। দলের সঙ্গে থাকে ১৭ জন। বাকিরা পুনেতে হোটেলে থাকি। এখানে পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের নিজস্ব স্টেডিয়াম আছে, সেখানে প্র্যাকটিস করি। বাকি সময় হোটেলেই বসে থাকি বলতে পারেন। টুকটাক বের হওয়া হয় অন্যদের সঙ্গে, কথাবার্তা হয়। তবে কিছুই তো চিনি না, সে জন্য বেশি ঘোরাঘুরি হচ্ছে না।

আইপিএলের প্রতি আপনার আকর্ষণের অন্যতম কারণ ছিল অন্য দেশের ক্রিকেটারদের সঙ্গে মেশা। তাদের কথা শোনা। দলের সঙ্গে থাকতে না পারায় নিশ্চয়ই সেটাও হচ্ছে না...
তামিম: একদমই যে হচ্ছে না, তা নয়। কাল (পরশু) রাতে দাদা আমাকে আর ম্যাথুসকে ডিনারে নিয়ে গেলেন। সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলী নিজে আমার রুমে এসে বললেন, ‘আজ একসঙ্গে ডিনার করব।’ খুবই ভালো লেগেছে এটা। খেতে খেতে উনি আমাদের সঙ্গে ওনার অনেক অভিজ্ঞতা শেয়ার করলেন। আমরাও ক্রিকেট, ক্রিকেটের বাইরে অনেক কথা বলেছি। প্রায় দেড় ঘণ্টা একসঙ্গে ছিলাম।

মাঠের বাইরে থেকে আইপিএলটা এখন পর্যন্ত কেমন মনে হচ্ছে?
তামিম: মাত্র তো এক সপ্তাহ গেল। এখনো সেভাবে বুঝে উঠতে পারিনি। তবে সময়ের সঙ্গে সঙ্গে নিশ্চয়ই আর সবার মতো আমিও আইপিএল উপভোগ করব। খেলার অংশটুকু বাদ দিলে এখন পর্যন্ত খারাপ লাগার মতো কিছু হয়নি। দলের সবাই খুবই আন্তরিক। ভালো-মন্দ জিজ্ঞেস করে, খোঁজখবর রাখে।

 মানুষের মধ্যে কি আইপিএল নিয়ে অনেক উম্মাদনা?
তামিম: বলে বোঝাতে পারব না, কী রকম আগ্রহ সবার আইপিএল নিয়ে। ছোট একটা রেস্টুরেন্টে যান, সেখানেও আইপিএল ছাড়া কথা নেই। সবাই এই নিয়েই আছে। আর এখানে সবকিছুই খুব গোছানো। কিছু চাওয়ার আগেই সেটা রেডি থাকে। এখন পর্যন্ত সবকিছু ভালোই বলব। বাকিটা খেললে বুঝতে পারব (হাসি)।

সাকিবের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ হয়? আজ (গতকাল) তো খেলছেন তিনি...
তামিম: হ্যাঁ, প্রতিদিনই ফোনে কথা হয়। সাকিব প্রথম দুই ম্যাচে না খেলায় আমি খুব অবাক হয়েছি। শুধু আমি না, এখানে ভারতীয় ক্রিকেটার থেকে শুরু করে সবার একই প্রশ্ন—সাকিবকে কেন খেলাচ্ছে না? ওর মতো খেলোয়াড়ের বসে থাকাটা আসলেই বিস্ময়কর। তবে আশা করছি, একবার যখন খেলার সুযোগ পেয়েছে, সাকিব নিজেকে প্রমাণ করবে।

Source - http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...11/news/239671
Old April 11, 2012, 12:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Now we are blaming Tamim for wanting to play more test cricket, are we?

How dare he is to not fix first class cricket structure first! Even if he can't fix it all by himself, he SHOULD make sure that BCB is accountable for organizing regular first class cricket. Before that, he should never harbour any hope of playing test cricket in the deepest corner of his heart, let alone voicing it in front of the world. Better yet, Mustafa Kamal should ban him from test cricket. Because if he plays test cricket, his performances might hurt some people's fragile egos.
Old April 11, 2012, 05:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
"We'll win it," a cheeky Tamim Iqbal said, dismissing all thoughts the Bangladesh may need some time to get back into the groove of playing Test cricket. "If you're eating with the left hand, you won't forget to eat with the right hand. It's exactly the same - you need to prepare well, set your mindset and just play." Zimbabwe's Hamilton Masakadza, who was sitting next to Tamim during their media session had a ready response. "We'll come out guns firing too and look for the win," he said.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/525730.html

How did we prepare well for that one? Mindset from what?
LOL at the eating analogy
Old April 11, 2012, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Now we are blaming Tamim for wanting to play more test cricket, are we?

How dare he is to not fix first class cricket structure first! Even if he can't fix it all by himself, he SHOULD make sure that BCB is accountable for organizing regular first class cricket. Before that, he should never harbour any hope of playing test cricket in the deepest corner of his heart, let alone voicing it in front of the world. Better yet, Mustafa Kamal should ban him from test cricket. Because if he plays test cricket, his performances might hurt some people's fragile egos.
top post prime man!

I couldn't have said it better! Kudos!
In fact, now I have learned the errors of my way!

Yes, yes, yes, we should practice our longer game with test matches. So what Tamim played the last domestic FC 5 years ago - that is for pola pain cricket! He is much above that! He should definitely ask more more tests, in fact that is how the other nation's players learned their trade. We should learn our techniques, mental strengths, the ability to stay in the game at the test venue!

I agree with you 100%. Tests are really for learning. Yes!
Old April 11, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

good reply by tamim! :P
Old April 11, 2012, 01:09 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'm getting tired of his analogies. Cadbury, Bill Gates. They sound outdated. Who talks about bill gates anymore.
Old April 11, 2012, 01:49 PM
MLC World Series I

Apparently, Dada took Tamim and Mathews out for dinner.

Can't confirm how true this is, as it has been cited by those fan pages on Facebook
Old April 11, 2012, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun

Can't confirm how true this is, as it has been cited by those fan pages on Facebook
Tamim himself said it in an interview with PA.
Old April 11, 2012, 02:03 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun

That only means he'll have to sit out a bit longer. Dada is making them feel better.
Old April 11, 2012, 02:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

আর এখানে সবকিছুই খুব গোছানো। কিছু চাওয়ার আগেই সেটা রেডি থাকে। এখন পর্যন্ত সবকিছু ভালোই বলব।
I guess he wasn't talking about food.
Old April 11, 2012, 02:14 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What does it say?
Old April 11, 2012, 04:19 PM
Cricket Legend

And here everything is well organized. Before you want something it is ready. So far so good - I would say.
Old April 11, 2012, 04:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
good reply by tamim! :P
Thanks! .........
Old April 11, 2012, 05:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I'm getting tired of his analogies. Cadbury, Bill Gates. They sound outdated. Who talks about bill gates anymore.
What's wrong with bill gates? He will he discussed for at least another century if not more. His legacy in IT will remain for long. And he isn't retired or dead...he is doing even a bigger and better job than before. His legacy as a philanthropist will live even longer...nothing can be bigger than serving mankind and in such innovative ways, that he is doing.

Not a fan of Cadbury ... So I can leave that part...

On Topic: Liked TI's interview, he handled the provocations well.. Well, don't know how much benefit one gets by sharing dressing rooms only....but these situations (Being Ignored) will make him humble and tough for sure...

Dada is a good politician....
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old April 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

The Warriors, following a dry debut season last year, have now become one of the teams to watch after winning both their opening games. The bowlers have combined well in both games, particularly so in their first match against Mumbai Indians where they defended 129. If they are to make one change, Tamim Iqbal, the in-form Bangladesh opener, could replace either Jesse Ryder or Callum Ferguson.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-p...ry/560824.html