facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 14, 2012, 05:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I always had a soft corner for SaGa because of his remarkable ODI exploits before becoming India's captain. Although I tend to have ZERO affinity towards West Bengalis (Indian or Bangladeshi), unless they or their families originate from what today is Bangladesh, it felt good to think that such an elegant player is almost our own kind.

Then that ramkhyat TeeWee show "Dadag'iri" fudged it up for me big time, but he was still somewhat tolerable. After witnessing his moronic treatment of Tamim, even the thought of him makes me wanna go out there and beat everyone in Bangladesh tuned-in to watch the Mfreakin' Poon-eh *&%$@#s!
echo similar sentiments-Dadagiri itself seemed like a real lame title to begin with and an absolute "Bogan" of a show

Personally want to get him ("Dung"-guli) with a large "Baash" or a very large comb

On a different note
http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/co...ry/564760.html
Old May 14, 2012, 05:59 AM
MLC World Series I

Hahaha the cartoon is awesome!
Old May 14, 2012, 07:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Rox
Just hate Indians(including freaking DADA).
Once upon a time, you used be an ''Indian''.
Old May 14, 2012, 08:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

The way PW and Ganguly is being bashed left right and centre Tamim is gonna play the next match or matches (UNFORTUNATELY). Now, some of you may think that this is a good news but it's not. Really not. If tamim under performs as the stakes are high and there will be pressure no doubt then a lot of the blame will turn back to him and he will have to take a lot of heat, and I am really afraid this can damage his career.

So my advice, no my plea to Tamim is please, please don't play if it's only 1/2 matches. Make some excuse, get injured but please, don't play in a team that didn't play you when you were the best opener around and they tried 7/8 freaking openers. It's not only an issue of what's at stake but also an issue of pride. You can only lose by playing the remaining matches.

ps:logged into BC after 2 years to post this comment. Just could not sleep without posting it. And yah, I hate Pune Jharuars
Old May 14, 2012, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
The way PW and Ganguly is being bashed left right and centre Tamim is gonna play the next match or matches (UNFORTUNATELY). Now, some of you may think that this is a good news but it's not. Really not. If tamim under performs as the stakes are high and there will be pressure no doubt then a lot of the blame will turn back to him and he will have to take a lot of heat, and I am really afraid this can damage his career.

So my advice, no my plea to Tamim is please, please don't play if it's only 1/2 matches. Make some excuse, get injured but please, don't play in a team that didn't play you when you were the best opener around and they tried 7/8 freaking openers. It's not only an issue of what's at stake but also an issue of pride. You can only lose by playing the remaining matches.

ps:logged into BC after 2 years to post this comment. Just could not sleep without posting it. And yah, I hate Pune Jharuars
Exactly !! I really don't want Tamim to play at this stage.. eishob khoirati chance newar kono mane nai...
Old May 14, 2012, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Not really, it's only one match. Performing in it or not wouldn't make much of a difference, as so many non-performers in Pune kept getting chances after chances. You can't just blame a guy for failing in the sole match he was given an opportunity in.
Old May 14, 2012, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

And he's a player there, he cannot just say I don't wanna play if he's picked..lol!
Old May 14, 2012, 09:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib & Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus

Nah believe me our Tamim can handle pressure. Do u not remember the whole saga before the asia cup regarding him in or out of squad. He's at his best when he's trying to prove a point. Also other evidence of him performing well under pressure is when he's on the 90's. He usually wacks them out of the park in the ninties wen u see most players jsut hessitantly nudging away before the landmark.
Old May 14, 2012, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Hope they don't select Tamim... enough is enough
Old May 14, 2012, 09:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Not really, it's only one match. Performing in it or not wouldn't make much of a difference, as so many non-performers in Pune kept getting chances after chances. You can't just blame a guy for failing in the sole match he was given an opportunity in.
absolutely, no real pressure,nothing compared to the pre Asia cup drama.
Old May 14, 2012, 01:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

If Tamim plays and does not do well, its understandable and unquestionable but imagine if he plays and pulls off a smashing 50+ innings. THAT would prove a point.
Old May 14, 2012, 02:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
absolutely, no real pressure,nothing compared to the pre Asia cup drama.
agree with Purbasha and messr Simon
in saying that still more enjoyable to see Bhuna warriors get bhuna'd and everyone asking for tamim-he's a hero without even playing lol
I think Tamim might stuff it like Tanvir nus said, but I'll still Bhuna Warriors just for the sake of it
Old May 14, 2012, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

http://www.espncricinfo.com/inline/c...64759.jpg?alt=
Old May 15, 2012, 02:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
They might play him once they're eliminated-hehe hope pune are out of contention real soon as with kolkata

Then watch some heads roll
One down
Another to go
But i DON'T THINK THEY'LL PLAY HIM EVEN AFTER THE ELIimination

Lojja shorom nei Puner
Old May 15, 2012, 02:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Hope all these taught Tamim some valuable lesson in life.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 15, 2012, 02:09 AM
Test Cricketer

regarding hairstyles?
Old May 15, 2012, 02:10 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Hope all these taught Tamim some valuable lesson in life.
i hope his love for IPL is gone now
Old May 15, 2012, 03:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Razzak in IPL 1, Sidelined till the last matches, bowled two overs, went for 20+. Never played again.
Mashrafe in IPL 3, Buchanan days, sidelined till the last matches, bowled full quota, went for 40/50 runs, Never bowled/batted again.
Ashraful in IPL 3, just Ashraful, played one match, scored 2/6 balls, guess what, never played again.

Can we see a trend here? Shakib is the best ODI allrounder in the world but he has played only 4 matches. He is sidelined. Forget Shakib, he actually needs a rest. Why Tamim? I do not want him to play, fail, lose confidence etc. He can't prove what Pune has missed in one/two matches. I hope Ganguly is as stubborn and dumb headed as he has been and does not pick Tamim or Tamim says no. I really hope he does say no.
Old May 15, 2012, 03:36 AM
Test Cricketer

I don't want tamim to be selected-so I can bash Pune more
But at the same time I don't put Tamim with those guys-mash was also the beneficiary of some dodgy captaincy from maccullum-until that last over he had gone for 3 overs for 28 or something-even then that was after his first over went for 15 or something. Mccullum's field placement resulted in a No-ball -mash had to bowl 7 balls, Rohit was on fire-Mash just had everything go against him

Yeah but I see the trend-in the IPL it seems to be more about humiliating our players than utilising it
Old May 15, 2012, 04:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

If Tamim gets selected now, I will bash Pune more...! (Faizlaamir aar jaayga paay na 16 ta match dhore boshaye rekhe akhon khelaite aashse!)
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old May 15, 2012, 04:21 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We shouldn't get worked up over the non selection of our players. Our players proved in the last Asia Cup that we can compete at the highest level. We don't need to beg for a place in the Indian Competition. We now have our own T-20 league. If the players had any self respect, in the future they would choose other options over IPL such as county cricket which would help them develop more as Test cricketers and also they would be valued and treated fairly.
Old May 15, 2012, 06:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i hope his love for IPL is gone now
What? He stll makes good $$ warming the bench - and gets lot of exposure/training. It's just fans who're frustrated.
Old May 15, 2012, 06:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
What? He stll makes good $$ warming the bench - and gets lot of exposure/training. It's just fans who're frustrated.
come on, u think Tamim is poor or something? he doesn't have anywhere else to earn money? yes ,IPeeL pays a lot but for a professional what counts is making into the team & play.
Tired of listening this line "Ya ,but he is getting money" bla bla.
It hurts a players feelings/dignity whenever they are ignored or dropped specially when the reason is not even justified...I would be very frustrated if I were him,Tamim himself said it when he was interviewed long ago.
Old May 15, 2012, 06:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Welcome back Shakibrulz....haven't seen you in a while

On topic: it's true that fans are frustrated...but he must be enjoying the net sessions and travelling around India....just like a paid vacation
Old May 15, 2012, 07:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Cricinfo poll: Who should have played more games in this IPL?
Result: Tamim iqbal got highest votes,152 that's 38% and second is shakib al hasan,got 131 votes,that's 31% of total votes.
Link: http://www.espncricinfo.com/iplfanne...012/index.html