facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 30, 2012, 08:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Tamim is getting the starts but failing to convert them to big ones. It sometimes happens to batsmen. I don't see much to worry about.
It's not at all a big concern for the team in ODIs, but should be a concern for him. It's hampering his own career. As an opener in ODI, I will take a quick fire 50 from the opener everyday.

But the biggest concern is in his test matches. While he is stubborn not to adjust to the test match temperament. Quick 50 s aren't good enough scores in test matches to throw it away being over aggressive, like he does in ODIs. He really needs to think seriously with his approach in Test Matches.
Old November 30, 2012, 09:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

congratulations TI on yr 5th consecutive ODI 50 (a record for a BD btsman?)

I would be really angry if we were chasing 240+ or batting first.
Anyway, it's also sad that he can't convert these 50s to hundreds.
He should apply some different methode, like after reaching 50 he should cut off all the risky shots and play singles.
But it doesn't seem to be his thoughts at all.
It's all about making most of your form, today was the best opportunity,a lot easier target than the four targets during Asia cup.
Old November 30, 2012, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
It's not at all a big concern for the team in ODIs, but should be a concern for him. It's hampering his own career. As an opener in ODI, I will take a quick fire 50 from the opener everyday.

But the biggest concern is in his test matches. While he is stubborn not to adjust to the test match temperament. Quick 50 s aren't good enough scores in test matches to throw it away being over aggressive, like he does in ODIs. He really needs to think seriously with his approach in Test Matches.
IMO he should think about all of his fifty innings. He could make hundreds more times in his career. It would be useful for him and our team as well.
Old November 30, 2012, 09:38 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Did he stick 5 fingers up?
no he did a jhon cena
Old November 30, 2012, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the BD players

A good innings yet again by Tamim but I get frustrated at him because he can really do so much better. Just look at how well he was going. He was rock solid the whole way and it seemed he was just going to waltz to a 100. What does he do next? He gets out to a delivery he should've put away along the ground rather than in the air.

He really needs to learn how to convert. It's been too long since his last 100 and I know Tamim can hit 100's at will if he puts his mind to it.
Old November 30, 2012, 10:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Shakib-BIjoy-Rumman

He's our new "Mr. 50" for sure. I don't see him converting too many of these to 100s until and unless he works on his fitness and balances his runs with lots of well rotated singles and 2s. That being said, his 50s are beautiful to watch and not streaky like HaBa's. So unlike HaBa, he won't be running out of luck anytime soon InshAllah.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 30, 2012, 10:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

hope siddons manage to convince him loose his weight.
Old November 30, 2012, 10:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
He's our new "Mr. 50" for sure. I don't see him converting too many of these to 100s until and unless he works on his fitness and balances his runs with lots of well rotated singles and 2s. That being said, his 50s are beautiful to watch and not streaky like HaBa's. So unlike HaBa, he won't be running out of luck anytime soon InshAllah.
Absolutely. HaBa was a class batsman in our standards but by international standards, he was pretty ordinary. Tamim, on the other hand is a class batsman by international standards and arguably our 2nd best batsman ever.

I think his main problem is still his shot selection. Because players such as Gayle And Sehwag don't have great endurance but look at the amount of big scores they put up time and again. It's all about playing the merit of the ball and I feel Tamim's biggest problem is his overconfidence at times which is his strength but also his weakness.
Old November 30, 2012, 10:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Nai Mamar cheye Kana Mama Bhalo.

He may not be playing a game winning innings, but his consistency at the begining of the innings is providing us a good platform for others to excell. For example his innings gave us a good punch and platform for Anamul and Naeem to play is slowly and still winning the game. His innings made other batman's work much easier.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Tamim eto cigarette khaite hobe na. Eishob bodobbhyash baad diye chupchap batting koro. 2 bochor kono century maro nai lojja kore na? Oh bhulei to gesilam, lojja shorom bole to kisu nai.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Lotus Kamal Kicking Tamim out of the team was the best thing that ever happened to Tamim.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
hope siddons manage to convince him loose his weight.
And Biriyani o paibo na hopefully. Cheleyta ritimoto hapaitey thakey majkhaney - ektu endurance barailey nijer aar desher jonno upokar hoito. kalkey to parto - parsey - kintu aro bhalo koro baba - ebhabey nijer nojor nichu koro na.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Lotus Kamal Kicking Tamim out of the team was the best thing that ever happened to Tamim.
Kamal was an able dictator among the realities of Bangladesh and Bangladesh cricket. Papon is useless in comparison.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
IKR? That badass knew what he was doing.

Also I remember he was the first person to standup and cheer. It's not like he was upset that he "proved him wrong."
Old November 30, 2012, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Gareth Bale

Most rugby players smoke and some few take drugs (not talking abt weed, talking abt ecstasy etc.) and get away with it. So i dont care if Tamim has a ciggy every now and even though i know how its unethical for a sportsperson to do so. Durry's might be bad for health and that but it isnt going to put a huge effect on a sportpersons performance. The thing that is stopping him is his fitness.
Old November 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib & Tamim

not to spark off another debate or nothing. But how do u guyz even know for sure that he smokes. Isn't it just some random rumour.
Old November 30, 2012, 07:25 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Almost every players need some sort of help in BD team. Ash for psychosis, Tamim for addiction, Mushy for ADHD. Hai Allah....eita kon team-er pallay porlam
Old November 30, 2012, 07:27 PM
BC Editorial Team

Wakidul - TIK smoking habit is common knowledge. As long as he is able to maintain stamina, I don't care.

But wait ... he doesn't keep stamina up!!!!!!
Old November 30, 2012, 07:29 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakidul
not to spark off another debate or nothing. But how do u guyz even know for sure that he smokes. Isn't it just some random rumour.
kano....or nich talar mudir dokaner Masud i to bollo j "sir prottek ratre tin char pack khay....dhuyay amar paach bochorer bacha ghumaite pare na...azmar rugi...."

tamim nijei bolse: If i have a cigarette in hand, i feel like a man.

jk
Old November 30, 2012, 08:26 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
He replied to you himself. And I agree with him wholeheartedly:
Quote:
The wickets from the spinners after the early pressure from the two pace bowlers gave Tamim and the rest of the batsmen a relatively easy target. "I know I should be disappointed for not getting a hundred and I am, but I did what I had to do for the team," Tamim said. "We were chasing 200 runs so if we had gone slow, it would have been a different story.

"I went after the bowling, kept up the run-rate and it was useful for the team in the end. Sometimes 20 runs are more valuable than a century if it works for the team."

Tamim said Bangladesh were going to shift focus to the next game quickly. "We don't have the time to celebrate. We have training tomorrow ahead of a very important game on Sunday. I think the people in the country are happy, they are dancing and enjoying in this city. That's all the celebration we like to see."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/594513.html
Old November 30, 2012, 09:53 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I am happy with the innings because we were chasing 200. Problem will arise when he throws it away while chasing 270. I don't mind if he loses his wkt while trying to lift the run rate but once he successfully does it and the opposition is down he should then change his approach and start accumulating
Old November 30, 2012, 11:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

I would think it would be easier for him to score a hundred when we are chasing only 199. Considering run rate isn't an issue and he bats at number 1. He could have taken his time and get that 100. I'm not saying he should playing slowly or selfishly to get a 100, but when you are chasing only 199 and already have a good start and have so many wickets at hand, why not see the innings through? If he can't convert 50s into 100s in easy situation like this, how do we expect him to convert 50s into 100s when we are chasing 300+? You have to make a habit of doing things. Tamim made a habit of getting 50s, which is good. Now it's time to kick up a notch, and I think he missed the perfect opportunity in the 1st ODI.
Old December 1, 2012, 05:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
The wickets from the spinners after the early pressure from the two pace bowlers gave Tamim and the rest of the batsmen a relatively easy target. "I know I should be disappointed for not getting a hundred and I am, but I did what I had to do for the team," Tamim said. "We were chasing 200 runs so if we had gone slow, it would have been a different story.

"I went after the bowling, kept up the run-rate and it was useful for the team in the end. Sometimes 20 runs are more valuable than a century if it works for the team."
All the people are saying is, after you had your quick 50, you should have played for a big score instead of risky shots that you got out with.... At the end, it was slow innings of Anamul, Naeem, Nasir and Mushy after your departure, that took us to the target, sparing about 10 overs... So what's exactly your point??

I'm happy that we won, so no complains, but please stop justifying wrong things.....accept mistakes, you will look better and surely do better in future....
Old December 1, 2012, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Tamim ei attitude niye thakle jao Luxembourg B team er howe khelo giye, Bangladeshe khelte hobe na. Fazlamir ekta sheema ase bujhla?
Old December 1, 2012, 06:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

lol, u guys,stop BC auntying him :p

Anyway,that of Tamim to get to his fifty was just efortless. u could only expect that from Gayle.
And lol, the exchange of words between TI & Pollard, last year was Samuels, this yr Pollard & Tino.
Atleast TI picks up the big guns to fight with.