facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 29, 2012, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
tamim is genuinely one of the most talented batsmen going around in world cricket, his talent is not overrated but he surely doesn't perform as consistently as he could or as to do justice to his talent, but despite that he's still the best opener BD has. would be great if anamul is better but he's still going to have to put in a lot of hard yards. as you can see tamim is respected by other cricketing nations as he's currently playing in NZ, he's played in england, and was around the IPL for a bit to, how many BD players have all that experience and are respected like that?
I agree with some of what you say.. he is the best Opnner in BD, yes. However I am not sure about saying most talented batsmen going around in world cricket, The IPL made Tamim look like a Joke sitting him in the bench as a sub. some of our players thrive in England, even a out of form Ashraful will get a century in England. and about NZ only becuase of Jamie Siddon he got into a team otherwise nothing much. and He played in England due to Ian pont. I really don't see where other countries respect Tamim so much or think really high of him, his ordinary but ofcourse for us Bangladeshi Fan's his the best openner. Commentators normally say good things about players its normal. I have not seen Tamim at his best yet after England back in the days.
Old December 29, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

^^
You're taking this armchair punditry to a whole new level. Tamim is one of the most exciting and talented openers in world cricket right now. Do you have any substantial evidence to back up your silly claim that he got to play CC in England through Pont? If you do please share it with us ignorant people...
Old December 29, 2012, 11:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
^^
You're taking this armchair punditry to a whole new level. Tamim is one of the most exciting and talented openers in world cricket right now. Do you have any substantial evidence to back up your silly claim that he got to play CC in England through Pont? If you do please share it with us ignorant people...
Yes. From cradle to grave we learn, there is no end. Please let there be light.
Old December 29, 2012, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
^^
I recommend you to PM Ian Pont and he will tell you. Also at that time Mick Newell was in contention to become Bangladesh Head-Coach and Signing Tamim Iqbal could have helped his cause, unfortunately it did not. Tamim is very talented Yes, But world cricket I am not sure, I really hope he becomes one. he has played over 100 ODI's and Yet to establish what he can really do. He needs to Improve a lot. I want him to become a excellent opener in World Cricket for sure. Surely he played enough games now? my bet is on Anamul Haque, although he has low scores, when he settles in, he can hit big runs, he is more likely to become a match winner for Bangladesh than Tamim Iqbal. I really hope Anamul-Tamim becomes a good combination for BD.
Old December 29, 2012, 01:32 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
^^
I can confirm that I spoke to Mick Newell (Head Coach of Notts) about Tamim at some length. Notts is one of the two county teams I played first class cricket for, and Mick is someone who was a team mate many years back. I have a great relationship with him and remain someone who scouts players for first class cricket through my coaching.

On the subject of Tamim, he doesn't quite have the technique and mindset to become the player his raw talent promises to be, at this stage. Test cricket is where 'greats' are judged, across all countries and in all conditions. Of course he might very well develop into such a player, however it's unfortunate that the TOP 4 nations do not play regular or meaningful Test series' against Bangladesh, so it is extremely hard to judge whether Tamim's Test average of 37 from 50 tests, is therefore an amazing one.

For me, Tamim is an underachiever - purely as he has far more ability than his statistics show.

This happened to players (known as "flat track bullies") like Ramprakash (ave 27 from 52 tests) and Hick (ave 31 from 65 tests) for England, who didn't quite match their statistics to their FC skills. Ramps FC average was an amazing 53 with a top score of 301* and 35,000 runs with 114 centuries. Hick FC average was 52 with 41,000 runs and an incredible 405* top score and 136 centuries. Tamim averages 43 at FC level at the moment with a top score of 192 but he has so much time ahead.

I don't know if Tamim is another Hick or Ramprakash at Test level, and we might never see Tamim be able to regularly play against India, England , Australia or South Africa in Tests.

But he is definitely an exciting talent and you can never quite relax when he's batting!
Old December 29, 2012, 01:56 PM
Cricket Guru

No doubt that Tamim is an underachiver. We have seen, days in days out, how he throws his wicket away after looking so set for a big score and opposition bowlers on their knees. His technique definitely got better during and after Siddons. A natural, explosive and gifted cricketer like Tamim, perhaps, don't need to be a copybook. I also fear about his mindset and work ethics (applies to almost all BD cricketers). If only Tamim could take a leaf out of someones like Justin Langer's book! He would average in the mid-50s! But, he is still relatively young and has, potentially, a long career ahead of him. Time will tell.

Offtopic- extremely harsh on Ramp. He just didnt have any lady luck or rub of the green in Test. At least, thats the way I see it.

Last edited by BanCricFan; December 29, 2012 at 05:07 PM..
Old December 29, 2012, 02:30 PM
Banned

Thanks Ian for clarifying. so afterall he got place in County Cricket not becuase people think his a great player...etc that part is sorted i guess. even in IPL he was left on the bench, surely that shows something... management see him at practice and they went with the better option. he is not highly rated in world cricket, we bangladeshi fan's should stop dreamng that he is some kind of big thing. in Bangladesh his the best openner we got for sure, but lets not drag world cricket into it. I repeat if opposition work-out Tamim Iqbal oo-stump weakness his run getting is pretty much over. But I am pretty confident Siddons can work with him and try to do something. Inshallah Tamim will become a match winner and better player for bangladesh.
Old December 29, 2012, 05:22 PM
Cricket Guru

^^

Right. Tamim's run getting days are pretty much finito now that you have revealed this secret of his "off-stump weakness" to the rest of the world. So, should be Sehwags, too. That guy has absolutely no clue about how to play to a ball pitching outside the off and and coming in. He should have been found out ages ago before all his runs. Simple -isn't it?

Right. Tamim wouldn't have got any county club -even after back to back tons against Eng in Eng- without Pont's benevolence.
Old December 29, 2012, 05:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

^Exactly what I was thinking.

But that was way before bro . Hamlafan already mentioned it that after England days the decline started.
Old December 29, 2012, 05:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Damn! It came from the horse's mouth!
Old December 30, 2012, 11:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
Thanks Ian for clarifying. so afterall he got place in County Cricket not becuase people think his a great player...etc that part is sorted i guess. even in IPL he was left on the bench, surely that shows something... management see him at practice and they went with the better option. he is not highly rated in world cricket, we bangladeshi fan's should stop dreamng that he is some kind of big thing. in Bangladesh his the best openner we got for sure, but lets not drag world cricket into it. I repeat if opposition work-out Tamim Iqbal oo-stump weakness his run getting is pretty much over. But I am pretty confident Siddons can work with him and try to do something. Inshallah Tamim will become a match winner and better player for bangladesh.
arey bhai, u r so spot on, apnarto scotland Yard e thaka uchit.
magar apni arekta info janenna ba bhuila gesen, ei je Tamim Sri Premier Lg e chance pailo, eita kintu Dim Jones er maddhomei paise, bujhchenni?
Old December 30, 2012, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

In test cricket Tamim is always an exciting world class batsman. To me he is underachiever in short formats. This is very interesting. It seems short formats are natural for him but his stats don't talk like that. But I hope Tamim's ODI and T20 stats will improve in future.
Old December 30, 2012, 11:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
In test cricket Tamim is always an exciting world class batsman. To me he is underachiever in short formats. This is very interesting. It seems short formats are natural for him but his stats don't talk like that. But I hope Tamim's ODI and T20 stats will improve in future.
He Will continue to underachieve if he doesn't do anything about his fitness...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old December 30, 2012, 11:39 AM
MLC World Series I

The saying, action speaks louder than words.

Tamim's take: "What nonsense! Ki bole ei beta? Only if you speak, can you be louder."
Old December 30, 2012, 11:45 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
Tamim Iqbal is pretty over-rated by US Fans!

On the other Hand Anamul Haque looks pretty! The 20+ he scored Against WI in T20 (Some of his Shoots Class + His temperament... u can see that when he bat) Anamul will be better. Just need to find someone else who is a good opener! For the Moment Tamim will remain as long as Akram is there.
you mean Tamim is playing just bcz AKRAM there?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 31, 2012, 07:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamimFan
you mean Tamim is playing just bcz AKRAM there?

ya, that's what I understood.
Not only that but he thinks Anamul will be better because he scored 20+ runs ignoring the fact that in that same match Tamim was not out on 88.
This is what happens when u don't see things from a neutral point de vue.
Old December 31, 2012, 07:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Not only that but he thinks Anamul will be better because he scored 20+ runs ignoring the fact that in that same match Tamim was not out on 88.
Exactly Simon miah. His score could have been 120+ and not 88 if he didn't decline easy 2s and 3s due this very good fitness
Old December 31, 2012, 08:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Exactly Simon miah. His score could have been 120+ and not 88 if he didn't decline easy 2s and 3s due this very good fitness
tumi Tamim er fitness niye jerokom obsessed , tomake niye chinta hoy
Old December 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Anamul will be better than Tamim,okay thats good for our cricket.We want few more better player than Tamim but Tamim plays just bcz His uncle is a selector that sounds too harsh.

Old December 31, 2012, 11:35 AM
Club Cricketer

TAMIM IN 2012.

IN TEST:
Matches 2
Runs 137
Highest 72
Averege 34.25
SR 72.48
fifties 1.

(Not Good,Not Bad)

IN ODI:
Matches 9
Runs 347
Highest 70
Averege 38.55
SR 82.81
Fifties 5
(Averaging 38+ with 5 fifties in 9 match. Superb though should have scored couple of ton:-( )

IN T20:
Matches 9
Runs 327
Highest 88*
Avereg 46.71
SR 119.34
Fifties 3
(averaging 46 , Amazing)

9 fifties in this year in 22 innings.

3 Consecutive Hundred in NCL As well.

All he has done after BPL And Pre Asia Cup controversy,He was under tremendous pressure.

Old December 31, 2012, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamimFan
TAMIM IN 2012.

IN TEST:
Matches 2
Runs 137
Highest 72
Averege 34.25
SR 72.48
fifties 1.

(Not Good,Not Bad)

IN ODI:
Matches 9
Runs 347
Highest 70
Averege 38.55
SR 82.81
Fifties 5
(Averaging 38+ with 5 fifties in 9 match. Superb though should have scored couple of ton:-( )

IN T20:
Matches 9
Runs 327
Highest 88*
Avereg 46.71
SR 119.34
Fifties 3
(averaging 46 , Amazing)

9 fifties in this year in 22 innings.

3 Consecutive Hundred in NCL As well.

All he has done after BPL And Pre Asia Cup controversy,He was under tremendous pressure.

You cant deny stats! Thanks Tamimfan!
Old December 31, 2012, 10:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Firebird won the toss decided to bat. No radio due to technical dificulty
Old December 31, 2012, 10:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Tamim has managed to get off the mark
Old December 31, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend