facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 29, 2014, 11:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

to be honest, I haven't seen Tamim's dismissals. And at this point don't even care now. 9 overs and 1 wicket and so I assumed he did something stupid to not survive the day. I saw people here are furious and became passive furious too. This match has been nothing but disgracing so far.

Old January 29, 2014, 11:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
to be honest, I haven't seen Tamim's dismissals. And at this point don't even care now. 9 overs and 1 wicket and so I assumed he did something stupid to not survive the day. I saw people here are furious and became passive furious too. This match has been nothing but disgracing so far.
Do you want to see ? (The Big Bang Theory)
Old January 29, 2014, 11:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Do you want to see ? (The Big Bang Theory)
No. Already suffered a lot in the past 3 days.
Old January 29, 2014, 11:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
No. Already suffered a lot in the past 3 days.
Please allow me to prolong your suffering.
Old January 29, 2014, 11:44 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Please allow me to prolong your suffering.
You can have my vote for that
Old January 29, 2014, 12:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ok, we all are angry with TI, but it's silly to think of dropping him as we have no one better to replace him, & this is just not happening anyway, let's be realistic.

But I would really hope a day we will have strong competition for our opening position so that TI or who ever opens will have to perform to stay in the team.

And I would really hope the media & specially the BCB puts him into kaathgora for the way he got out today, this is so irresponsible, that also being a senior player & the wise captain.
I wish he could get fined, but that won't happen.
Old January 29, 2014, 02:06 PM
Street Cricketer

Just one bad game? Hes been RAABBISH in the domestic 4 day games. Please remind me his scores.
Old January 29, 2014, 03:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Any cricketer may have one bad match. BUT, the way Tamim threw his wicket when only 6 overs were left before Stumps was pure IDIOCY. And, he is suppose to be the vice captain of the side. What example is he setting for Shamsur, Ayyub and Mominul? The wild heave he attempted will even be labelled ugly in a T20 bash -nevermind in a Test match when the team is fighting for survival. Just before the motu got out I wrote on the match thread "Tamim doesn´t need to look for or ´manufacture´ runs" as the close of play was so near and the intact of all the wickets so vital. But, oh boy! What was he trying to do...send Herath into the orbit?? He would have had ample opportunity to hit boundaries and "glory" SIX´s or hit Herath into oblivion -the next day. He was one of the batters who could have taken the fight to the Lankans and ease pressure. Now, instead, Lankans will have many close fielders around the batter which will make life excruciatingly difficult for others. Therefore, the possibility of saving this match diminshes drastically. Yes, that how important his wicket was!

I don´t buy that there is no substitute of Tamim in the squad. KaEdge and Anamul are more than capable openers. If Janab Tamim Khan Effendi doesn´t kick his habbits (all of them) and kick ém immediately, I wouldn´t mind seeing an other opener given a go. At least, we won´t see such irresponsible and ugly batting at such a crucial juncture of a TEST match, either from a KaEdge or an Anamul.

You have been very ordinary, Mr. Khan. And, Bangladesh is NOT at the best place (in this match). Thanks to you!
Old January 29, 2014, 10:38 PM
Cricket Legend

captains like Imran Khan/Ian Chappell wud have dropped him in the next match just to teach him a lesson...HE CANNOT JUST PLAY A SHOT LIKE THAT...when there's only few overs left and also trying to save the match...UN FREAKING BELIEVABLE!!!!
Old January 30, 2014, 12:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

For the sake of BD cricket Tamim needs to be dropped even if our options do not have good stat supporting them. But you cannot continue with a player due to his past record or form alone; it's his recent form and repetitive errors in specific format that should be the deciding factors.

He should be dropped so he can work out his technical/ mental flaws.
He should dropped so he doesn't think he's not expendable and stop doing his bit to remain in good form.
He should be dropped so his hunger for cricket gets re-energized.

Dropping him may sound like a back step but that's short term and is the only way forward for the sake of getting back a stronger Tamim Iqbal.
Old January 30, 2014, 01:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Tamim is now averaging 33 since 2011 whereas Mushy and Nasir are averaging 42 and Shakib 47. Jahurul averaged the same and he got dropped. It just shows how much he has underachieved since he hit those twin tons against England back in 2010 in Tests and he's lucky that the other top order batsmen have been so poor otherwise it'd be fair to consider dropping him from Tests.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Tamim and so are many people in BD. It's just frustrating how he's not achieving his potential in this format when he clearly could. It's time he starts delivering or as betaar said, teach him a lesson and drop him. Enough is enough
Old January 30, 2014, 02:12 PM
Test Cricketer

They need to sit him out.
Let someone come in and see how they do, meantime Tamim will work harder to get back in.

Compare to his recent performances, no one can do any worse.
Old January 30, 2014, 10:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't tamim average 40+ last year in tests? If so then we should still continue with him.
Old January 30, 2014, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't tamim average 40+ last year in tests? If so then we should still continue with him.
Abul has an avg of 80+ where is he?

TI needs to get dropped for the good of everyone.
Old January 31, 2014, 02:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I say bench his TV butt.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 31, 2014, 06:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Abul has an avg of 80+ where is he?

TI needs to get dropped for the good of everyone.
injured, besides abul is a bowler who got lucky and scored a ton and was only new to the team (terrific obviously but do we honestly think he's capable of doing this on a regular basis?), tamim is a genuine opening batsman who has been one of the leading batsmen for bangladesh in all formats for many years, if we won't back a player like tamim when he's in a slump then we shouldn't be backing anyone. players don't always perform all the time, they just don't, it's those who do it the most consistently over an extended period of time who deserve to be given a bit of support when in a slump. dropping tamim would be like dropping mushy or shakib due to poor form, it would never happen and shouldn't happen as long as they are still the top performers in the country in the roles they play.

tamim is still more likely to score runs than any other opening batsmen and for that reason i wouldn't drop him, i understand it's frustrating to see him under perform but dropping him will hurt the teams chances, there's no denying he's still the best opener we've got so if he's not in the XI then we aren't putting our strongest XI on the field and therefore not giving ourselves the best chance we can to win.
Old January 31, 2014, 09:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
He did average 40 last year. So his Test form has improved since 2011-2012 but that being said it hasn't been good enough. Better than the other top order bats but not enough from Tamim. He needs to start firing.
Old January 31, 2014, 09:45 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Shilopo bhaban e giye 30 tala utha nama Dui din korle med bhuri shob ber hoye jabe...
Old January 31, 2014, 09:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
He did average 40 last year. So his Test form has improved since 2011-2012 but that being said it hasn't been good enough. Better than the other top order bats but not enough from Tamim. He needs to start firing.
agree on that, but at least it improved last year so hopefully it will continue on an upwards curve.
Old January 31, 2014, 02:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Shilopo bhaban e giye 30 tala utha nama Dui din korle med bhuri shob ber hoye jabe...
Kintu dada proti talai thaima Jodi ektu biriyani break nei ar biri tane
Old January 31, 2014, 04:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

গতকাল শেষ বিকেলে তামিম ইকবালের উইকেট বিলিয়ে দিয়ে আসাটাও পছন্দ হয়নি মুশফিকের, ‘যার যেটা স্বাভাবিক খেলা, সেটা তো খেলবেই। এর আগেও এ রকম অনেক প্রশ্ন এসেছিল। আমার মনে হয়, পরিস্থিতি বোঝা উচিত। গতকাল আমাদের সার্ভাইভ করা উচিত ছিল। ও যে জানত না সেটাও না। আপনি যদি খেয়াল করেন, মাহেলাও কিন্তু ওভার দ্য টপ খেলছিল। পরিস্থিতি বোঝা উচিত। আট ওভার ছিল। যদি আরেকটু সতর্ক হয়ে খেলাতাম, আজকের দিনটা ১০ উইকেট নিয়ে শুরু করা যেত। হয়তো এভাবে ও অনেক রান করেছে। তবে আরেকটু গভীরভাবে ভাবলে হয়তো সে জিনিসগুলো শুধরাতে পারবে। ওয়ান অব দ্য বেস্ট ব্যাটসম্যান। ও থাকলে নিচের দিকের ব্যাটসম্যানদের আত্মবিশ্বাসও বাড়ে।’

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BF%E0%A6%95

Mushy's reaction..Google Translate - you get the gist

He come with an end yesterday afternoon did not like Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Fall , ' which is the normal game , but khelabei it . Many questions like this came before . I think , you should understand the situation . Should Survive was yesterday . And also do not know that . If you have not noticed , but the over-the -top khelachila Mahela . The situation should be understood . Eight were over . Become a little more cautious khelatama , today could be the start of day 10 wickets . Maybe this way and has a lot of runs . Maybe she will be able to correct things a bit more deeply into the bars . One of the best batsmen . And the batsmen at the bottom leads to confidence . "
Old January 31, 2014, 04:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

what he was saying was that tamim should have stayed till the end, and they could have start the day with ten wickets, and that could have put confidence in the lower order,(that's what i'm getting).
Old January 31, 2014, 04:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

^^^ Mufi the Sarcastic BC-ite.....

Last edited by MohammedC; January 31, 2014 at 09:00 PM..
Old January 31, 2014, 04:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Mushy's reaction..Google Translate - you get the gist

He come with an end yesterday afternoon did not like Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Fall , ' which is the normal game , but khelabei it . Many questions like this came before . I think , you should understand the situation . Should Survive was yesterday . And also do not know that . If you have not noticed , but the over-the -top khelachila Mahela . The situation should be understood . Eight were over . Become a little more cautious khelatama , today could be the start of day 10 wickets . Maybe this way and has a lot of runs . Maybe she will be able to correct things a bit more deeply into the bars . One of the best batsmen . And the batsmen at the bottom leads to confidence . "
Bhai....What kind of transaltion is that? Matha aulai jae.
Old January 31, 2014, 07:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Bhai....What kind of transaltion is that? Matha aulai jae.
Sorry bhai. I got lazy and let Google do the work. You get the gist...