facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 29, 2018, 05:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Ok thanks.

Yes Tamim is the only world class batsman we have produced.
He only needs to improve his SR but it is difficult as he keeps getting new ipening partners who are miserable.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
In my opinion, we have been blessed with two (2) 'world class' batsmen that came out of BD. Tamim and Mushfiquer.

Old July 30, 2018, 08:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

He's still an underachiever. But he has been performing exceptionally well since the world cup.
Old July 30, 2018, 08:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
Tamim in a bad patch? Which era are u talking abt?

in 2014 just before the Pakistan home series where he scored 2 hundreds.
Old July 30, 2018, 10:59 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
In my opinion, we have been blessed with two (2) 'world class' batsmen that came out of BD. Tamim and Mushfiquer.
Mushfiq is my favorite batsman in the side. He plays at the right tempo for modern cricket and he is good across all 3 formats. The one thing that Tamim lacks compared to Mushfiq is the ability to switch gears. Tamim bats at the same tempo even after getting set while Mushfiq since WC 2015, has learned to strike it at more than a run a ball when the team needs that acceleration.
Old July 30, 2018, 11:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
2012-2015
I think it's rather 2011-14.

In 2015 alone, he averaged 46.4 with a S/R of 81.6 in ODI's.

Peiod____Avg____S/R
2007-10:__29.66__79.23
2011-14:__30.25__74.44
2015-18:__56.92__79.41

He is technically not that sound. He isn't fluent playing spin either. He cannot change gear at will. His attacking shots are often premeditated. Yet, his stats over last 4 years during when he calmed himself down, worked on his fitness and became hungry to play longer innings for himself/his team would suggest that he is indeed a world class player.
Old July 30, 2018, 11:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Mushfiq is my favorite batsman in the side. He plays at the right tempo for modern cricket and he is good across all 3 formats. The one thing that Tamim lacks compared to Mushfiq is the ability to switch gears. Tamim bats at the same tempo even after getting set while Mushfiq since WC 2015, has learned to strike it at more than a run a ball when the team needs that acceleration.
Mushfiq is the most complete batsman we have produced. He doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, apart from these last over chokes and that itself is a very new phenomenon. Even a kid, he was able to guide us home vs India in WC 2007, so I think this chokes are a transient thing due to complacency.

4 of his 5 Test centuries have come in away Tests, and he averages 25-30% more in away Tests!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 30, 2018, 12:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Sakib ki dosh korlo ?
Statwise Sakib is better than Mushy..right?

Old July 30, 2018, 01:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Sakib ki dosh korlo ?
Statwise Sakib is better than Mushy..right?

Dhhuurr Miah!
Okay, Fine...Tamim, Mushfiquer and Shakib = 3!

Okay Kintoo Aftab Ahmed and Mohammad Ashraful ki dush korlo? Also Golla?? WJHat about him?
Banglaar mati-tey jonmechilo ei Duronto Biddhongshi Batsmen - from Dhaka and Chittahog...Jhoro Thatty Thatty...What an innings and what magnificent batting!

Nah Simone, on a serious note, Shakib, Tamim and Mushfiquer, these three are indeed the true gems of Bangladesh cricket.
Old July 30, 2018, 02:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Hate to ruin the party but we don't actually have any world class batsman. Tamim/Mushy are definitely BD's best bat, but they don't deserve to be classified as world class. We have only had 1 world class player and he's an allrounder.
Old July 30, 2018, 03:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Hate to ruin the party but we don't actually have any world class batsman. Tamim/Mushy are definitely BD's best bat, but they don't deserve to be classified as world class. We have only had 1 world class player and he's an allrounder.
Tamim might be top-3 opener in the world now. Definitely top-5.
Old July 30, 2018, 03:34 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Mushy is a great batsman and possibly one of our most balanced one. But if he was tasked to take Tamim's batting position, he would not last a year in that role. We terribly underestimate Tamim's responsibility in this team. He is one guy who had a grand total of ZERO long term batting partner and yet he is managing to average around 50 in the past 5-6 years now. He is a consistent player in the team that suffers terribly from the lack of it. I dont know whats the definition of "world class" is but, He would soon crack in the top 10 list of batsmen at this rate... which would be quite "world class"
Old July 30, 2018, 03:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Haa...Yankees aishiya dilo patry-ta pura noshto korey! Loke-ta emon dushto!
Old July 30, 2018, 04:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Dhhuurr Miah!
Okay, Fine...Tamim, Mushfiquer and Shakib = 3!

Okay Kintoo Aftab Ahmed and Mohammad Ashraful ki dush korlo? Also Golla?? WJHat about him?
Banglaar mati-tey jonmechilo ei Duronto Biddhongshi Batsmen - from Dhaka and Chittahog...Jhoro Thatty Thatty...What an innings and what magnificent batting!

Nah Simone, on a serious note, Shakib, Tamim and Mushfiquer, these three are indeed the true gems of Bangladesh cricket.
Ryad bhi kom na.
Test e kharap hoileo odi ar T20te ekta jontu..purai jontu.

Old July 30, 2018, 04:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

but should he open in T20s? I think not.

we should create a brand new team for T20 (with shakib/fizz/riyad etc).

As I said, Tamim isn’t suitable for t20. Lets just keep him for test and ODIs.

Last edited by mufi_02; July 31, 2018 at 07:39 PM..
Old July 30, 2018, 07:20 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Mushy is a great batsman and possibly one of our most balanced one. But if he was tasked to take Tamim's batting position, he would not last a year in that role. We terribly underestimate Tamim's responsibility in this team. He is one guy who had a grand total of ZERO long term batting partner and yet he is managing to average around 50 in the past 5-6 years now. He is a consistent player in the team that suffers terribly from the lack of it. I dont know whats the definition of "world class" is but, He would soon crack in the top 10 list of batsmen at this rate... which would be quite "world class"
Why would a middle order batsman be tasked to do an opener's job? They play two different roles for the team
Old July 30, 2018, 08:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Tamim is world class in ODIs, there's no doubt about it. He's scoring runs everywhere against all teams consistently the past 4-5 years. And thats with Bangladesh playing fewer games than even associates like Afghanistan and Zimbabwe. I was thinking his strike rate is a little low. But at 80, his strike rate is acceptable for an anchor who bats deep into an innings like Tamim does.

In Tests he would need to get his average up near 45 to be world class. He's a far ways from that.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 30, 2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Why would a middle order batsman be tasked to do an opener's job? They play two different roles for the team
The reason why I bought mushy is because lot of people think mushy is more technically proficient and has more gears when he is batting.
Old July 30, 2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Tamim is world class in ODIs, there's no doubt about it. He's scoring runs everywhere against all teams consistently the past 4-5 years. And thats with Bangladesh playing fewer games than even associates like Afghanistan and Zimbabwe. I was thinking his strike rate is a little low. But at 80, his strike rate is acceptable for an anchor who bats deep into an innings like Tamim does.

In Tests he would need to get his average up near 45 to be world class. He's a far ways from that.
His low SR is justified with his average. I would rather have a guy with a SR of 80 but with an average 50+ over a guy whose SR is 100 but an average under 30.

For tests, I think he is too late to revive it back to a world class or anything significant. His stamina isn't there either despite the recent improvement
Old July 30, 2018, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

These days Tamim's innings follows one of two paths:
1) Starts slow, slightly boosts SR in the middle and accelerates towards the end
2) Gets off to a flyer, slows down in the middle and accelerates towards the end

The first approach is understandable as he plays the anchor role. It's the middle part of the second approach that often confound people. I can understand his mindset. At some point he starts worrying about preserving his wicket since there's only 3 other batsmen to follow. Other world class openers like Dhawan and Rohit don't have that extra pressure; they know they have at least 5 or 6 other batsmen they can rely on. If BD could produce at least one or two more decent batsmen Tamim could play with a lot more freedom and up his SR.
Old July 30, 2018, 10:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
The first approach is understandable as he plays the anchor role. It's the middle part of the second approach that often confound people. I can understand his mindset. At some point he starts worrying about preserving his wicket since there's only 3 other batsmen to follow. Other world class openers like Dhawan and Rohit don't have that extra pressure; they know they have at least 5 or 6 other batsmen they can rely on. If BD could produce at least one or two more decent batsmen Tamim could play with a lot more freedom and up his SR.
this!! there are numerous instances where after tamim's wicket we just crumble spectacularly...
Old July 31, 2018, 05:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Tamim's 7 centuries since world cup 2015:

1) 132(135) with a strike rate of 97.

2) 116(116) with a strike rate of 100.

3) 118(118) with a strike rate of 100.

4) 127(142) with a strike rate of 89.

5) 128(142) with a strike rate of 90.

6) 130(160) with a strike rate of 81.

7) 103(124) with a strike rate of 83.
Old July 31, 2018, 08:43 AM
Cricket Sage

ok.... ok..... maanlam .... we have mutiple world class superstars in the team...countless ... cannot even count with a single hand.....

.... but.... but .... the immediate question is will we win the T20 series against WI or not? Will we win,....somman jonok porajoy (lose with dignity)..... or Embarrass ourselves again?

That's my immediate worry....
Old July 31, 2018, 11:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

He's scored so many centuries since the world cup, yet still can't find a place in the top 10 player rankings. It's a tough market out there for batsman.
Old July 31, 2018, 01:41 PM
Cricket Sage

It was a great ODI series for Tamim for his stat and for Bangladesh. But, I am afraid, it was not world class performance. For example, he got his century and MoM in 3rd ODI alright , but when 300+ run was needed to set a target in that pitch, and SR of 83 (staying 124 balls) may be a solid innings but not a world class innings. A world class player, when they stay for so long, usually end of with much better SR, you don't leave your dirty-job others to finish.
Old August 27, 2018, 08:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
"If you saw his straight drive early in his career, then you found it amazing. It was a shot that was Tamim's strength but nowadays that's not the case. His drive through the off-side also looks fragile. My understanding is that there is a lack of power behind it so I brought it to his attention,"

"He will not accept anything without analysing it himself and he found this weakness by watching his last few innings. Tamim also analysed [Virat] Kohli's drive from video clips and became convinced of working on the adjustment. This is a quality that has made Tamim a successful batsman,"
https://www.thedailystar.net/news/sp...mirpur-1624537