facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 17, 2011, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjad
You can still say Tamim-Shakib-Mushy the only world class players in the team.. Trust me, I have seen Tamim bat at Lords against mighty english bowlers. And that's pure Class.

Didn't someone say- Form is temporary, Class is permanent ??
Tamim is well above SN,Rok,Imrul,Nayeem in class. But so was Ash. He scored a century in Sri Lanka against the likes of Murali. Yes at 17!!. Sri Lankans are a very strong side at home conditions, where world class players also struggle. That's comparable to facing English bowlers at Lord's.

I just don't want him to turn into another Ash. Full of "class" but no results.
Old October 17, 2011, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Tamim's average this year is going downhill. I hope he can come back strong.. we need him.

Code:
Player: Tamim Iqbal
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 jan 2011
                Mat	Runs	HS	Bat Av	100	Wkts	BBI	Bowl Av	5	Ct	St
unfiltered	105	3075	154	29.28	3	0	-	-	0	29	0
filtered	16	435	70	27.18	0	-	-	-	-	4	0
Last 2 series
Code:
Career averages
unfiltered	105	3075	154	29.28	3	0	-	-	0	29	0
filtered	7	179	61	25.57	0	-	-	-	-	2	0

Rahim on the other hand is been improving this year

Code:
Career averages
unfiltered	100	1965	101	26.20	1	-	-	-	-	65	29
filtered	16	505	101	38.84	1	-	-	-	-	9	7
Last 2 series
Code:
Career averages
unfiltered	100	1965	101	26.20	1	-	-	-	-	65	29	Profile
filtered	7	298	101	42.57	1	-	-	-	-	6	3
Old October 17, 2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I just don't want him to turn into another Ash.
That will be a difficult task. Ash was NEVER consistent and that isn't the case with Tamim. Besides, only Ash can ever enjoy the kind of luck he's had with getting selected for 170+ matches for doing zilch.
Old October 17, 2011, 02:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Mushfiq has overtaken Tamim as the second best batsman in the ODI team IMO. Shakib still remains the best. Hope Tamim turns it around and Mushy carries on his current form. All three of them should be averaging in the mid to high 30s. Especially given how someone like Simmons can do it.
Old October 17, 2011, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

I dream of that day when Shakib--Tamim--Mushy will average close to 40.

Shak and Mushy is almost there in this year, only need Tamim to pick up. If not him, then the next bunch I see are Riyad--Nasir.
Old October 17, 2011, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Mushfiq has overtaken Tamim as the second best batsman in the ODI team IMO. Shakib still remains the best. Hope Tamim turns it around and Mushy carries on his current form. All three of them should be averaging in the mid to high 30s. Especially given how someone like Simmons can do it.
This year, Shakib, Mushy, Riyad & Nasir are performing extremely well.
Old October 17, 2011, 03:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Mushfiq has overtaken Tamim as the second best batsman in the ODI team IMO. Shakib still remains the best. .
Based on what? Statistic (i.e. run production during certin time period?)? Or based on gut feeling i.e. what you have seen recently with your naked eye.

Not that I am disputing your statement. But interested to know how you came up to that conclusion.
Old October 17, 2011, 03:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Based on what? Statistic (i.e. run production during certin time period?)? Or based on gut feeling i.e. what you have seen recently with your naked eye.

Not that I am disputing your statement. But interested to know how you came up to that conclusion.
Mushfiq actually did overhaul Tamin..Check this out
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...18/news/194678

এখনো পর্যন্ত এই বছর বাংলাদেশের সর্বোচ্চ রান সাকিবের, ১৬ ম্যাচে ৩৬.১৪ গড়ে ৫০৬। সমান ম্যাচে তামিমের রান ২৭.১৮ গড়ে ৪৩৫। বাংলাদেশের পক্ষে এই দুজনের মাঝখানে আছেন কেবল মুশফিকুর রহিম (৫০৫)।
Old October 17, 2011, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

This discussion can be solved by one simple example. And that is WC07 v Ind. Use those innings to judge the value of their at bats.

Tamim set the tone, Shakib scraped away the tension created by 2 quick modons and Rahim rowed us through to the win..
Old October 17, 2011, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
This discussion can be solved by one simple example. And that is WC07 v Ind. Use those innings to judge the value of their at bats.

Tamim set the tone, Shakib scraped away the tension created by 2 quick modons and Rahim rowed us through to the win..
Shakib and Mushy only improved from that point. Tamim also did for a while but lately he failed to "set the tone". Lately I mean since the WC11. That is quite a long stretch.
Old October 17, 2011, 03:58 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Shakib and Mushy only improved from that point. Tamim also did for a while but lately he failed to "set the tone". Lately I mean since the WC11. That is quite a long stretch.
So are you saying Tamim didn't improve from that point? If anything, his improvement is the most noticeable out of the 3. And because he is not performing up to his potential recently, we are jumping him like a typical fans. Why can't we realize the fact every cricketer every now and then loses form. And they come out even better.

People, leave him be! If you must then go to Ashraful threads...
Old October 17, 2011, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

This is really interesting. I obviously haven't kept track of individual comments, but it seemed like even a couple of months ago, a large percentage of posters were against Mushy's inclusion in the XI. Now that he's scored in only a handful of matches, everyone's comparing him to Shakib and Tamim.

The truth, though, isn't as B or W, but rather a shade of gray. Mushy was underutilized for the longest time although he would seem to score most of the time when promoted. Naysayers brought up glitches in his technique among other excuses and while some of that might be true, he still remains one of the more technically sound and capable batsmen in the squad.

I'm a huge Mushfiq fan and have debated his batting position to the point where I eventually gave up, but even then, I don't think we should be putting him in the same pedestal as Shakib and Tamim yet, at least not in terms of performance. Yes, he is as good as them, but he hasn't yet produced nor been given the opportunity to produce the goods that he's capable of producing. Hopefully they'll let him bat at #4 so that we can maximize what we get out of him.

Tamim is going through a lean patch and Mushy's value as a batsman is gradually beginning to get recognized by the management, so now is not the time to say that the former has done enough to be better than the latter. But it'll certainly happen with time.
Old October 17, 2011, 04:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

I'm sure if Tamim plays a bit more sensibly & avoids playing too much reckless shots. He would've had more 100's than he actually has.
Old October 17, 2011, 04:50 PM
Cricket Legend

I want Mushy to be a floater. Kinda like Dhoni. I want his batting position to be pencilled in at no. 6 but whenever he feels like it he should promote himself up the order. Though unlike Dhoni who goes in early to boost the scoring rate, Mushy should go in to stabilise the innings in case of a likely top order failure.
Old October 17, 2011, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Since we are discussing batting orders, this is my ODI Top VII:
Tamim
Imrul
Naeem
Shakib/Mushfiq
Riyad/Mushfiq/Shakib
Mushfiq/Shakib/Riyad
Nasir

Squad:
Shuvagoto
Alok
Old October 17, 2011, 04:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
So are you saying Tamim didn't improve from that point? If anything, his improvement is the most noticeable out of the 3. And because he is not performing up to his potential recently, we are jumping him like a typical fans. Why can't we realize the fact every cricketer every now and then loses form. And they come out even better.

People, leave him be! If you must then go to Ashraful threads...
well said mate.
TI needs a good innings to find himself back...till then we have to be patient & I believe he won't make us wait that long.
Old October 17, 2011, 04:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I dream of that day when Shakib--Tamim--Mushy will average close to 40.

Shak and Mushy is almost there in this year, only need Tamim to pick up. If not him, then the next bunch I see are Riyad--Nasir.
But it's sad that most of our batsmen except Sakib are seasonal performers.
Last year Imrul & Tamim were at their best.
This year so far it's Mushy but IK & TI are definitely not at their best.
If we had TI,Sakib,Mushy,Imrul at their best in the same year it would have changed the match results a lot,the winning % would have jumped.
Old October 17, 2011, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Love how this thread's got a negative rating..
Old October 17, 2011, 04:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I agree with Asif bhai. I think with given time, Mushy can give us more answers. I'll say this about him though, he seems to have a lot more of a mature head on his shoulders. Hopefully he can continue to do well.

Tamim has all the tools to be a world class batsman. He just needs to tone down his arrogance and start realizing his faults in his game. Also he's got to sort out his temperament and just relax. It seems every time you pitch it wide to him, 9 out of 10 times he'll go for it. I'm fine with him going after wide deliveries but at least get you're eye in and then go for it. There's no rush. Hope he learns with time. I still have a lot of faith in him.
Old October 17, 2011, 05:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I agree with Asif bhai. I think with given time, Mushy can give us more answers. I'll say this about him though, he seems to have a lot more of a mature head on his shoulders. Hopefully he can continue to do well.

Tamim has all the tools to be a world class batsman. He just needs to tone down his arrogance and start realizing his faults in his game. Also he's got to sort out his temperament and just relax. It seems every time you pitch it wide to him, 9 out of 10 times he'll go for it. I'm fine with him going after wide deliveries but at least get you're eye in and then go for it. There's no rush. Hope he learns with time. I still have a lot of faith in him.
he loves to drive or cut,he got plenty of boundaries like that.
It' his strength, so anything wide on the off stump, he will go for it, but he needs to leave some of those which are too wide,moving away from his body.
That's why we sometimes hear saying that, your strength can be your weakness, he just can't resist,can he?
Old October 17, 2011, 05:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
he loves to drive or cut,he got plenty of boundaries like that.
It' his strength, so anything wide on the off stump, he will go for it, but he needs to leave some of those which are too wide,moving away from his body.
That's why we sometimes hear saying that, your strength can be your weakness, he just can't resist,can he?
Well something that he needs to start doing is move his feet. I heard that Shamim was saying that he's practicing his foot work in practices but in games he's not doing. I wonder if it's true or not? Because he just seems to just throw his hands at everything and forgets to use his feet and get in position to play strokes.
Old October 17, 2011, 06:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AdamGilchrist,TaskinAhmed

Quote:
Since we are discussing batting orders, this is my ODI Top VII:
Tamim
Imrul
Naeem
Shakib/Mushfiq
Riyad/Mushfiq/Shakib
Mushfiq/Shakib/Riyad
Nasir

Squad:
Shuvagoto
Alok
Naeem in the top order is like Sadagopan Ramesh of india. Zero feet movement and a failure in international cricket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old October 18, 2011, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

he needs to work on that ego issue. like isam said in a thread, he seems to go after every delivery just to prove that he can. that os typical ash mentality and i hope tamim can grow out of it
Old October 18, 2011, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

First NO innings of Tamim's international career?
Old October 18, 2011, 10:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

টুকরো টুকরো ছবি
ডট ডট ডট
ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ দ্বিতীয় উইকেট হারিয়েছিল ৩৩ রানে, বাংলাদেশ ৩০ রানে। এতে অতি সাবধানী হয়েই কিনা পুরোপুরি খোলসে ঢুকে গেলেন তামিম-মুশফিক। ১১তম ওভারের প্রথম বলে মার্টিনকে চার মেরেছিলেন মুশফিক, এরপর দুজন মিলে খেললেন টানা ১৯টি ডট বল! স্যামুয়েলসকে স্ট্রেট ড্রাইভে চার মেরে ১৪তম ওভারের তৃতীয় বলে বৃত্ত ভাঙলেন তামিম।

অপরাজিত তামিম
ওয়ানডেতে একবারও অপরাজিত থাকতে পারেননি—তথ্যটি জেনে কদিন আগে তামিম প্রতিজ্ঞা করেছিলেন অপরাজিত একটা ইনিংস খেলার। কাল ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের ‘৬১’ তামিমকে প্রতিজ্ঞা পূরণের সুযোগ এনে দিল। তামিমও যেন শেষ পর্যন্ত থাকার পণ করেই নেমেছিলেন, নিজের চরিত্রবিরোধী ইনিংস খেলে প্রতিজ্ঞা পূরণ করলেন। ৬২ বলে ৩৬, ত্রিশোর্ধ্ব ইনিংসগুলোর মধ্যে কালকের চেয়ে তাঁর বাজে স্ট্রাইক রেট (৫৮.০৬) আছে একটিই, আয়ারল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে ৫৪.৭৬ (৮৪ বলে ৪৬)। তাতে কী, ১০৬তম ইনিংসে এসে প্রথম অপরাজিত ইনিংসটি তো পেয়েছেন!
 আরিফুল ইসলাম, চট্টগ্রাম থেকে
----------------------------------

Walton Series 2011
Bangladesh-West Indies
'Sweet revenge'

After back-to-back losses, Bangladesh finally got it. Here skipper Mushfiqur Rahim (L) celebrates with Tamim Iqbal after the winning run in the third ODI against West Indies at the Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong yesterday. Bangladesh won the match by 8 wickets while West Indies won the series 2-1. Photo: Anurup Kanti Das
Sports Reporter from ChittagongWhile skipper Mushfiqur Rahim tried to pin the media on having too much of a soft spot for the “58 all out”, his predecessor tried his best to take the heat off the million-dollar question. Ultimately, it was “sweet revenge” as one of their teammates proclaimed about the turn of events yesterday.

Man-of-the-match in this game, Shakib Al Hasan was, of course, at the helm when Bangladesh were bowled out for 58 in the World Cup game against the same opponents, his contribution being just eight runs before he was cleaned up with confusion on that day. Having taken career-best figures of 4-16 as the Tigers buried the West Indies for 61 just runs, Shakib was typically nonchalant about the payback.

“It is nothing like that [lessening the pain of 58 all out]. I'm just happy that I contributed to the team. I had it [pain] then, not as much now,” said a beaming Shakib during the post-match press conference at the Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium.

“People forget everything, right? Just as a matter of saying, what if someone close to me dies but we forget slowly. It is just a matter of time,” said a man not really known for philosophy but rather his bluntness.

Tamim Iqbal, who went for a duck on that fateful March day, said it was after the eighth wicket that they wanted it to be below 58.

“I really wanted it to be less than 58. But there were four wides so it didn't happen. But it still was sweet revenge,” Tamim told The Daily Star over the phone.

“When they were 48 for eight we started to think about it. It wasn't a really bad wicket to bat on but the batsmen had to apply themselves.

“Everyone bowled very well. Nasir's two wickets were important and Shakib was brilliant. I think starting from Suhash (Shafiul Islam), everyone did their job,” he added.

Shakib later joked that he didn't want the West Indians to be unhappy over the score but confirmed that he wanted to clean up the tail as fast as possible.

“I thought maybe they'll feel bad so I will bowl a wide,” he said with a laugh. “I was bowling for a wicket so I did give away some runs. But I knew we would take a wicket any time. I think we could have bowled them out much more cheaply.”

Doing things quickly was perhaps the order of the day as Mushfiqur and Co had the threat of rain chasing them all through the game after it began at 2:00pm, thirty minutes after the scheduled start time.

But Tamim, who had his first unbeaten innings in 106 games by remaining not out for 36, wanted to spend as much time in the middle as possible.

“I applied myself, tried to spend as much time as I could at the wicket. I wanted it to be the first time in my 106 games that I remain unbeaten,” he said.

As he flicked one into the leg-side field for the match-winning single, everyone in that dressing room as well as Tamim who ran the single believed that the ghost of 58 has been laid to rest but they were pleasantly surprised at the speed of the payback.

The abiding memory of the day would certainly be Mushfiqur's pinch at the media and a tip in the end about how to tackle the issue of 58 again.

“It is you who remind us. After the T20 match, everyone was still talking about 58 all out. We remember wins very few times but that was a huge loss.

“Hopefully nobody will speak about it.

“But if they do, they will mention that we bowled them out for 61 too,” said a smiling Mushfiqur.