facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2012, 03:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ZSayeed bhai,
it's time that you join Loot(us) club, u clearly hate Tamim for some reason IDK.
Old March 11, 2012, 03:41 PM
Cricket Legend

No, hate is such a strong word. The team relies on him - you know that. Time to shoulder more. That is all I am saying - when has he shown up to win a match? When can you really say that it was Tamim's win?
Am I wrong?
I hope soon we will be able to say Tamim won this match for us.

I expect more from him. If I hated him I would expect him to fail - I sincerely don't. I want to see him there. and make himself count!
Old March 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
Cricket Sage

^^yes,but I think Tamim has been unlucky,he gave us many good starts in past but the rest failed miserably to capitalize on that.
Anyway,Tamim is one of our very best players but doesn't mean he is one of world's very best, specially in ODIs he got some limitations, being an opener he should have managed to convert few more of his fifties to centuries if not at least 80+

But about today's effort I'm satisfied, honestly I wasn't expecting him to get runs after all that he has been through since the Pak series.
Old March 11, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

And Shakib knew the gravity of Tamim. That is why he was mad, at that time the team needed more of Tamim, and Tamim failed when the best needs to count! He didn't. There is saying that heroes are not made, they are cornered. True heorics show up in dire situations, and Shakib has shouldered that countless times - when has Tamim. Surely not today.

His batting was decent - but decent does not win. That is why it is as much as the mind as anything else. It all depends on what he wants. And I think we all saw what he wanted - a personal point to prove - clear from the pointing of his bat towards one individual. His motives are wrong and immature. Shakib takes on the whole team. Wish, I do wish, I could say that about Tamim.

Anyway, I don't want to beleaguer the point. Wish he does better next time and learns with humility.
Old March 11, 2012, 03:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
And Shakib knew the gravity of Tamim. That is why he was mad, at that time the team needed more of Tamim, and Tamim failed when the best needs to count! He didn't. There is saying that heroes are not made, they are cornered. True heorics show up in dire situations, and Shakib has shouldered that countless times - when has Tamim. Surely not today.

His batting was decent - but decent does not win. That is why it is as much as the mind as anything else. It all depends on what he wants. And I think we all saw what he wanted - a personal point to prove - clear from the pointing of his bat towards one individual. His motives are wrong and immature. Shakib takes on the whole team. Wish, I do wish, I could say that about Tamim.

Couldn't agree more bro
Old March 11, 2012, 04:00 PM
Cricket Sage

anyway, you stay with your opinion , I stay with mine.
shodh-bhat
Old March 11, 2012, 04:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

@Zsay, Just saw Shakib's reaction. It's not as bad as the one Ash received when Shak was the skipper. LOL
Old March 11, 2012, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Hats off to you Tamim. You did your part well. Try to be consistent for the following matches.
Old March 11, 2012, 04:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Very upset with Tamim, even Law was upset, If only he scored another 10 runs.

Once again Mahmuddullah Raid and Mushfiqur Rahim in Winning situations don't perform.

Drop Both and get Junaid Siddique and Anamul Haque.

Had enough of Mushfiqur Rahim, Just feel so insulted. (1 50s in 10 games) saves him and only 20 - 25 runs... (we should look forward)

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Nazimuddin/Imrul Kayes
3. Jahurul Islam
4. Junaid Siddique
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossian
7. Anamul Haque
8. Mashrafi Bin Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Shahadat Hossain
11. Elias Sunny
Old March 11, 2012, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim makes a point

Quote:
All headlines about Tamim Iqbal this week had been about his controversial axing from the squad, and his subsequent inclusion, a consequence of a tussle between the national selection chief and the board president. If anyone had any doubts over his place in the ODI side, he answered them with an unusually cautious half-century, his first since the series in Zimbabwe in August last year. He reached the milestone with a punch to long-on for a single, and celebrated with a series of fist pumps. That was followed by some vigorous pointing to the dressing room, before he raised his bat specifically at the person he was looking for.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/asia-cup...ry/557027.html
Old March 11, 2012, 04:26 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ I was loling at the bench's reaction. Imrul Kayes walked up as if he thought Tamim was looking for HIM and wanted to kiss him.
Old March 11, 2012, 04:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ I was loling at the bench's reaction. Imrul Kayes walked up as if he thinks Tamim was looking for HIM and wanted to kiss him.
That one man was his mama. That is why it was sad. His intent was the self.
Old March 11, 2012, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

He just has to work on his stamina a lot more. The commentators were saying he looked tired just after scoring his 50, considering he was taking it slow too.
Old March 11, 2012, 07:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i hope he improves in the next game
Old March 11, 2012, 07:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Even Akram Khan had much better stamina at his 30s than Tamim has it now.
Old March 11, 2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
That one man was his mama. That is why it was sad. His intent was the self.
Then we need more selfish players like him in the team
Old March 11, 2012, 09:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Tamimke Ajker jonno maf
Old March 11, 2012, 09:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
^Seriously? You guys get satisfied with trifles! Expect more from the best.
What's your expection from the so called 'technically the best BD batsman ever'/'the most talented batsman'? Please enlighten us. Let us know how not to get satisfied with trifles.
Old March 11, 2012, 10:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
No, hate is such a strong word. The team relies on him - you know that. Time to shoulder more. That is all I am saying - when has he shown up to win a match? When can you really say that it was Tamim's win?
Am I wrong?
I hope soon we will be able to say Tamim won this match for us.

I expect more from him. If I hated him I would expect him to fail - I sincerely don't. I want to see him there. and make himself count!
Why do you want to call it Tamim's win? It's a team game where 11 men play.

Even in that famous Cardiff win (which you would like to call Ashraful win, I am sure), Ashraful couldn't finish off the game. His brilliant innings would have gone in vain if Aftab didn't fire at the death. Mashrafe, Bashar, Rafique all played very important role in that win.
Old March 11, 2012, 10:06 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

ami ek adim manob to bhaloi bole dilen dekchi dada...horror show-r jonnyo audition korben naki?

Old March 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
^^yes,but I think Tamim has been unlucky,he gave us many good starts in past but the rest failed miserably to capitalize on that.
Anyway,Tamim is one of our very best players but doesn't mean he is one of world's very best, specially in ODIs he got some limitations, being an opener he should have managed to convert few more of his fifties to centuries if not at least 80+

But about today's effort I'm satisfied, honestly I wasn't expecting him to get runs after all that he has been through since the Pak series.
Very well said. You spoke my mind.
Tamim is far from being one of the bests in the world, but he's definitely one of our bests.
It really annoys me the way some members like ZSayeed is picking on him in posts after posts in match threads and here as if he's the sole reason for everything bad in BD cricket.
When Hafiz played slow, people said Tamim should learn from him how to get back in form. Yet, when Tamim tried to play similar sort of innings, he got accused of playing selfish. When he took risk trying to accelerate, he was accused of being too cocky. Some people have made up their mind that he's responsible for everything bad.
Old March 11, 2012, 10:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
ami ek adim manob to bhaloi bole dilen dekchi dada...horror show-r jonnyo audition korben naki?
Bhai korteo pari, thik nai. Ei shob ajaira shomalochona dekhe matha gorom. Bola jai na stroke-troke kore pretatta o hoye jaite pari. Tokhon kintu real horror show hobe, bujhlen dada!
Old March 11, 2012, 10:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Anyway, I don't want to beleaguer the point. Wish he does better next time and learns with humility.
There's only one Shakib in Bangladesh and probably in the whole world. So, please don't compare Tamim with him.
And I am seriously getting tired of this humility factor being considered in cricket time and again by some fans. He delivers it better than anyone else in his position, that's good enough. If he is humble, very well. If not, i would prefer to move on.

This humility issue was raised against Shakib as well a number of times. But as long as he's performing, it's all good.
Old March 11, 2012, 11:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

vhayas apnare ektu shanto hon matha thanda koren. We all love our players including Tamim Everyone is unique --> yes that includes me and i'm sure you can't find a clone of me anywhere

------------------
@ zeeshan vhai...amake audition korte keu bollo na othocho shei shokal theke script hate niye practice korchi
Old March 11, 2012, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

We've been waiting for Tamim's comeback and he played a reasonable knock to make us happy for the time being. Why complain ?? He played under tremendous pressure and he really had to prove a point to his critics. He should be forgiven today. The culprits of today's match were Mash (for batting and last over bowling), Raj, Mushy and Riyad. Had they contributed at least 10 runs each we would've won easily.