facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 22, 2012, 12:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
after the Pak series/BPL some people here were worried that Tamim's career might come to an end like Sir Ash

I always said Tamim is just one good innings away from coming back in form but some people said International cricket is not where you go to get your form back (true but it's BD and we are talking about our best opener)

That's why we say "form is temporary but class is permanent"
Pls,let's not support players only when they are in good form.
I almost went mental in defending him when he was being criticized for anything and everything here. It feels so good now.

He was playing with light fever the other day. That explains why he was looking more worn out than he normally does. Jor ashar ager phase tai shobcheye kharap, shorir ja betha kore.

He gotta be very careful as he just recovered from typhoid before the Asia cup. Typhoid is a vicious disease. Its germs stay in the body for a while and whenever there's a fever, there's a chance of recurring typhoid. All the best to my boy.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:02 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
many fat and slow players have been succesful.. by hitting lot of boundaries. like fat inzy, sehwag, ranatunga who was also obese. tamim is not that fat, dont worry so much as long as he makes runs and not a poor fielder.
his running between the wicket is really really poor...tv te dakhe bujha jayna..ami jantam kharap kintu ato kharap obosta mathe jaye bujhte parlam...o crease e thakle 2 er jaygay 1 run hoy...but SL match e he was hitting 4s at will tai ato matter korenai..but ind match e majhkhane prob hochilo...thanks to mushy r prob hoyni
Old March 22, 2012, 09:00 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

tamim what does those 4 50s mean?...yes very well played...do more unique celebrations everytime...but not even once in those matches you finished the game or left us in a winning position

you will never be virat kholi
Old March 22, 2012, 09:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Self satisfaction over team satisfaction.

Hard to criticize a guy who has 4 consecutive half centuries, but if he spent a bit more time thinking about the match condition, instead of his celebration, he would have realized, he had to minimize the risks, and it was imperative he stayed till the end.

Instead he couldn't resist the urge, and perished.
Old March 22, 2012, 10:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Self satisfaction over team satisfaction.

Hard to criticize a guy who has 4 consecutive half centuries, but if he spent a bit more time thinking about the match condition, instead of his celebration, he would have realized, he had to minimize the risks, and it was imperative he stayed till the end.

Instead he couldn't resist the urge, and perished.
i got to agree
Old March 22, 2012, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

whether it is selfish, or for whatever reason, you gotta admit that his contribution was crucial to set the tone for middle order...he is either fatigued or something else comes up for him...

Well done Tamim.. I like the new consistency and the new approach to his batting. I have never seen him this mature before. MashaAllah! the drop was necessary and I am glad the correct thing happened, If there was no controversary Tamim might not at all have cared...it's just the way the human mind works.

When you a such a celebrity in a country like Bangladesh it is easy to start not caring...if any one of us in BC was Tamim Iqbal, when you have that much fame + wealth you have little or no motivation at all. so the drop was very very necessary.

of course, at the end of the day, it is his job and he should focus on that.
Old March 22, 2012, 12:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

He needs to learn how to convert them 50s. Had he stayed on for 10 more overs the story would have been conpletely different today.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

I cant believe ppl are actually complaining. Any team in the world would happily accept someone who can constantly score 50s and give a fast start. Doesnt need to convert into 100s.

Today he had to accelerate because Nasir was dead stop. Why are we blaming him???
Old March 22, 2012, 01:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Congratulations Tamim
never thought after so many things going against u you will come back with four fifties in a row( a new record for BD?)
But pls plspls, convert those to hundreds,u r too good to get out after a 50
Old March 22, 2012, 01:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I cant believe ppl are actually complaining. Any team in the world would happily accept someone who can constantly score 50s and give a fast start. Doesnt need to convert into 100s.

Today he had to accelerate because Nasir was dead stop. Why are we blaming him???
unfortunately Tamim isn't that popular in BC for some "god knows why" reason.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Congrats Tamim! It's the new beginning.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Didn't he just recover from typhoid before this series. And didn't he just recover from a high fever that sidelines him from practice yesterday? Still the guy played really well this series and fought hard. He does need to convert those 50's in to 100's but before this Asia Cup, he struggled to even get in to double digits in many games. So it's good he's back in form. Just hope he continues it.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

well done tamim! fatafati series for u but please convert ur scores to 100
Old March 22, 2012, 03:43 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'd take 2 100s over 4 50s.
Old March 22, 2012, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim indeed replied his critics with some amazing innings in this tournament no doubt...

but honestly I was disappointed to see this gesture (along with his reaction after the first 50) when we were far from securing the match. It does seem like thats all he was playing for and you really cant blame the fans for thinking so. Just my personal opinion....
Old March 22, 2012, 04:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I'd take 2 100s over 4 50s.
At least he has been consistent. Seemed he lost his self belief in last few series.
Old March 22, 2012, 08:19 PM
Cricket Legend

I wish you had converted today Tamim. I am sure you feel bad. So do we. Better next time. Okay?
Old March 22, 2012, 08:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim's dismissal was the indirect result of Nasir's and Nazim's atrocious tuk-tuk-esque batting. Someone needed to score runs and he is what kept our rr at 3+ instead of 2. Also he didn't end up being Hafeez's bunny =) (the first game he atleast made runs before being dismissed by him).
Old March 22, 2012, 08:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I feel like he can bat well whenever he wants to. His arrogance is what dictates his gameplay. It's sad really. First in England, for the County contract. And now this series, to stick it to his critics. He's my favorite player. The sheer class with which he bats is at times, mindblowing. His aggressiveness says a lot. Whether in the field, with a bat in hand, or even off the field. It hurts to see how he can do this at will, but doesn't.
Old March 22, 2012, 08:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Was not really a fan of his gesture after his 4th 50, rather unnecessary (not to mention, distracting) drama. It seemed he was more interested in sending a message to his own dressing room/selectors, rather than the opponents on the field (compare that with Virat Kohlis fist pump).

Two of those fifties are meaningless anyway, much like Sachin's 100th 100.
Old March 22, 2012, 09:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

It felt like a selfish innings. He should have rather stayed on the crease for a century for the country rather than making "oh-I'm-so-great" 60!
Old March 23, 2012, 12:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

People who are complaining, just imagine what would've happened to our team's performance if Tamim didn't play in this tournament.
I am sure the same lot would have blamed him last night for being selfish if he carried on like Nazim or Nasir and played for his 100. Had he even scored a 100 and the team lost because of his selfishness, you guyz would have labelled his innings as a useless one. He had to accelerate yesterday because of the way his partners were playing. At least for once he didn't look drained out last night. He should've and could've gone on, but it was not meant to be.

And where is this comparison with Kohli coming from? Kohli is a very special player, once in a decade type player. Why are you comparing Tamim with him and taking him to task for not being able to match up with his level? I am sure very few players in the world can be comapred to Kohli at the moment.

Has Tamim got anything to work on? Yes, plenty. He needs to learn how to score off the slow bowlers in singles and doubles without taking less risk. He needs to work on his fitness too, but to call him selfish when he showed great commitment by playing with fever is a bit too much. The problem with some people here in BC is that they tend to pick on someone who is performing better than most and overlook other non performers. I would take such selfish players who scores consistently and better than others anyday.

And what is it to you and me how he celebrates his achievements? I think sometimes we read too much in between lines.

Last edited by i_1_primeval_man; March 23, 2012 at 10:27 AM..
Old March 23, 2012, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Seriously?? You guyz are blaming tamim?? How funny..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 23, 2012, 04:06 AM
Administrator

Tamim's gesture after 4 fifty is cheap. Not arrogant. Arrogance is making 4 100s and do nothing than a nod. It's like he is proud having made straight Bs and NOT straight As. On the other hand, he is one of the only only ones making even Bs whereas the rest are happy with "cool, I passed!" attitude. This is a Bangladesh cricket cultural problem where we settle for less than what we can be. Of course, this is encouraged by our pandering politicians and business houses by showering the underachievers with gifts. I know we don't achieve much in cricket, but we all know what an A looks like.
Old March 23, 2012, 04:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
tamim what does those 4 50s mean?...yes very well played...do more unique celebrations everytime...but not even once in those matches you finished the game or left us in a winning position

you will never be virat kholi
cant you people give this guy a break? And you are talking about Kohli? Thanks.. Im glad.. Didnot you saw the kohli wild celebration after his maiden century aagainst aus even though his team were going to loss that match by an innings??
I cant even think what would be people's reaction if tamim was in that position...
Yes.. Tamim shouldnot acted like that but calling him selfish or arrogance isnot fair..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)