facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 2, 2012, 09:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

luke wright hasnt been playing for England for a while. Seeing tamim's form lately I dont see why theyd pick wright ahead of tamim esp. when you consider tamim is a subcontinental batsman
Old April 2, 2012, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

^Doesn't matter whether he's played for England or not lately. Wright was 1 of the top scorers in the BBL which should carry some weight in the selection. Even though I really want Tamim to play, his record isn't very good in T20's which should hurt him. I really hope that he does end up being selected.
Old April 2, 2012, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

now i will watch more matches of ipl!
Old April 2, 2012, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

well, in Asia cup the way Tamim played his game from the first ball in every single matches there was something different than the Tamim we used to know for long time. He showed sign of coolness and control throughout all his innings from the first delivery which something I never saw in him before. The way he proceeded his batting in the tourney I don't see why can't he play same way in IPL, and for some reason I started to believe that he will keep his coolness and head down in on coming innings too. So, I'm very much sure Tamim will able to and will show his class in this IPL, will success in this format too.
Old April 2, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Tamim needs one good inn in T20, after that he will get better.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 2, 2012, 11:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Ganguli has chosen him and Ganguli will pick him for the starting line up .
Old April 2, 2012, 12:12 PM
Banned

ok so what if he hasnt done anything in T20. All these stats done matter. He is a player in top form and the class he displays even at ODIs and Test level shows that he can be a wonderful batsman at T20s.

But yeah, he has to perform with the bat, while sakib has both bat and bowl to depend upon
Old April 2, 2012, 03:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Pune's batting line up is weak . Great opportnity for Tamim to stand up
Old April 2, 2012, 04:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

You got to realize L. Wright is very handy With the balls at times, and looking at possible PW XI, they have no part time bowlers(except dada-or has he lost it?)who can be their 6th bowler, so won't be surprise if they Pick Wright ahead o. Tamim.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old April 2, 2012, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Out of those 7, I think it's obvious that Steve Smith won't get a chance and then I think Alfonso Thomas will most probably not play. So that brings the number down to 5. Ferguson, Parnell, and Ryder are pretty much locks. So in the end it could be down to Tamim and Wright. Let's hope that Tamim ends up winning out a spot. He has a pretty solid chance at making his IPL debut.
Ferguson sucks in t20. Steven Smith has more chances than him. Smith gives a good batting option down the order and will save few runs with his sharp fielding. one thing will work in Tamim's favour than others though that he is a subcontinental player. Plus his red hot form will be difficult to ignore. but I guess at the end it depends on the team combination and who shows more sparks in practice.
Old April 2, 2012, 08:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Didn't realize Ferguson wasn't good for T20s. Ya Smith might have a good chance then since he's a bowler that can bat decent. I won't be too mad and others shouldn't be too mad if Tamim doesn't get in at 1st since he hasn't proved himself yet in the IPL. Its not easy to be a regular in the IPL. So Tamim needs to prove himself which he shouldn't have too many problems with.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old April 3, 2012, 01:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Wright, Tamim and Ryder will almost certainly contend for the remaining 2 spots, as Ferguson and Parnell are locks to be in the starting xi. And it makes sense for this to come down to Tamim and Ryder and not Tamim and Wright, as Wright's bowling is worth more to Pune than playing two overseas players as openers (Pandey will almost certainly open the batting, since Uthappa is more preferred at no. 4). With Ryder and all his issues, I don't see Tamim and his current form being overlooked.
Old April 3, 2012, 03:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan

I am just a bit worried about Tamim's T20 batting . This isnt his format . He tries to hit the ball too hard or goes boom boom at every ball . If he only he could bat exactly the same way as he does in ODI'S and Tests , he should be a great T20 Batsman . He should watch a couple of videos how Jacques Kallis bats in T20'S.

I so dearly hope Tamim proves me wrong.
Old April 3, 2012, 03:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Wright, Tamim and Ryder will almost certainly contend for the remaining 2 spots, as Ferguson and Parnell are locks to be in the starting xi. And it makes sense for this to come down to Tamim and Ryder and not Tamim and Wright, as Wright's bowling is worth more to Pune than playing two overseas players as openers (Pandey will almost certainly open the batting, since Uthappa is more preferred at no. 4). With Ryder and all his issues, I don't see Tamim and his current form being overlooked.
I think Marlon Samuels will be in the starting line up . He is a good player for T20 bcoz he can bowl 4 useful overs and can be very dangerous with the bat. Hopefully Samuels will be picked in the test squad then Tamim has great chance to play
Old April 3, 2012, 03:39 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
I think Marlon Samuels will be in the starting line up . He is a good player for T20 bcoz he can bowl 4 useful overs and can be very dangerous with the bat. Hopefully Samuels will be picked in the test squad than Tamim has great chance to play
marlon isnt available for the 1st match
Old April 3, 2012, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
marlon isnt available for the 1st match
Then Tamim has better chance to play in the 1st match than Shakib . Tamim and Ryder will fight for the opening position . Lee , Kallis and Mccullum will be in the starting line up for KKR while Shakib , RTD , Morgan and Narine will fight for the remaining spot .
Old April 3, 2012, 04:02 AM
Banned

^^^

I dont think it would be too easy to drop a player who has outshined everyone in BPL and asia cup.

And as for tamim, yeah, he has a good chance and so does shakib
Old April 3, 2012, 05:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Tamim fan- তামিম তোমার সঙ্গে আছি "পুনে পুনে!!!"

Sorry cant stay at front!
Old April 4, 2012, 12:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

Sourav Ganguly talks about The IPL & PWI in an Exclusive Interview

Kunal : How is your injury right now ?

Sourav Ganguly : I am fine, I am fit. I have been practicing for the last 4-5 days. We have been playing games; I am hitting the ball well. It’s going to be a good season; we have had our shares of up & downs in the IPL this time in terms of picking the team. But we have a team & we will try & do our best.

Kunal : Everybody is remembering Sahara Cup when they see you bowling; All of a sudden the bowler Ganguly has emerged very very huge right now. Which every outing you are going, you have been picking wickets; you are very descent in your economy rate too.

Sourav Ganguly : Offcourse I bowl in the IPL, and I’ll try and get through my 4 overs because in the past I have bowled & bowled well. Hopefully as a team we can play well because T-20 is a different form of sports, there is not much of time and hopefully we will get together well as a team.

Kunal : What’s more fun – Playing or Leading a side ?

Sourav Ganguly : Playing. Leading comes with it but playing is a lot more fun.

Kunal : Pune team has been in talks for quite some time. Few new players coming in, Clarke came in, Tamim Iqbal has joined. So who do you think will be the 1 player from Domestic circuit and 1 player from the International circuit who will be most successful ?

Sourav Ganguly : We have a good crop of mix. We really want Robin Uthappa to fire; he is currently playing for the country & has a lot of talent. Obviously we will miss Yuvraj Singh, because in this format he is a very very dangerous player. But as I said, we want to perform as a team because T-20 is a different format where you have to keep hitting & keep playing shots. It’s not where you have time to settle down. So we are looking as an unit to do well, we all have to do well if we have to be a good side.

Kunal : PWI is packed with quite a few number of all-rounders, do you think that is going to be an advantage ?

Sourav Ganguly : All-rounders are important in any format of the game. Guys who can bat & bowl, we have some quality players, we have some all-rounders as well. We are looking at Marlon Samuels to do well, he has done well for the West Indies. Angelo Matthews is one we are looking up to. I was very happy to see Steve Smith in the last couple of days, because I thought he played brilliantly. As, I said we have a squad & its delivering at the right moment.

Kunal : I actually get to hear this, so you can’t really ask me the source. I heard that you actually scored 70 yesterday in a practice match..

Sourav Ganguly : Yah, I got 72 of 40 deliveries but it’s a practice game (laughs).

Kunal : And I heard one of the sixes landed 20-rows into the stadium..

Sourav Ganguly : (Smiles) Yah I hit a few of them.

Kunal : They are actually terming it as the mother of all games, the 5th May game between KKR & PWI. Any special thoughts about it ?

Sourav Ganguly : No, for me it’s just another game, you know we have to do well throughout the tournament not just one game. KKR is a team (for whom) I have player for 3 years. Just like all athletes & all players you give your best for whichever side you play. We tried out best at KKR, it didn’t work & for me it’s just another game that we will try to win.

Kunal : When you compare the bowling PWI to the batting PWI, the bowling seems slightly stronger. We have Alfonso Thomas, Parnell..

Sourav Ganguly : We will find out once the tournament starts (laughs).

Kunal : Do you think the bowling will be the crucial part or the batting ?

Sourav Ganguly : Batting is going to be important. We need to put runs up on the board for the bowlers to defend, So batting will be crucial.

Kunal : So who will be your opening partner ?

Sourav Ganguly : We will see how it goes. We have a lot of options, we got Manish Pandey, I have opened all my life, got Luke Wright, we have got Tamim Iqbal, so we will see how it goes. How the combination goes, hoe we can fit in player, (also) it depends on form too.

Kunal : Is Uthappa going to open with you ?

Sourav Ganguly : (Gasps) At the present moment it looks tough, because we have to balance the team. But we will try and get him a lot of overs, because he is a good player. He hits the ball hard. We will try and get him a lot of overs.

Kunal : There are three questions, from our contest winner..

1st one is from Loverboy Aryan, What makes you come back more & more.. And what is the greatest inspiration of your life ?

Sourav Ganguly : Well, it’s just the want to play, I just want to play & I enjoy playing because it’s not like any other thing, once you get past a certain age, even if you want to, your body will not allow. So keep playing till that age comes and it’s going to be the same for every athlete, whether its football, cricket, tennis.. Cricket it’s a bit late, but in a sports like football & tennis it’s a lot earlier. So I enjoy playing the sports, this is what I have done for the most part of my life and that’s it. It’s just playing & performing that motivates.

Kunal : 2nd one from Shailesh Yedge, you brought India to our highest level of performance; what do you think is lacking in the current Indian team inspite of having so many world class players ?

Sourav Ganguly : I think they are a good side at home; there is no doubt about it. They are a good one day side, but what worries me is the performance overseas which they will have to look upto. The tours of England & Australia have been an eye-opener. Playing outside India needs a lot more determination & ability then just being very good players. Also India is going through a transition phase, we haw Dravid finish, Laxman may not be far away. So it’s only Tendulkar left. So there will be a lot of young players coming in, and you have to allow them time to settle down, it’s never easy. And I hope in a couple of seasons India will be back to the force they were again.

Kunal : There is a lot of speculation about Tendulkar retiring, when do you think that will come ?

Sourav Ganguly : It should be left on him; because he has done so much for India, for World Cricket. And he deserves it. I don’t think anybody as the right to tell Tendulkar when to retire. With the performances he has put in, he deserves the right to decide whenever he wants to go. And I’m sure, every cricketer should keep playing till he keeps performing and I am a firm believer of that.

Ashima : Dada, you have often spoken of the discipline of the Indian Team & how they speak to the media, and of late there have been instances where single players have come out and spoken. What needs to be done differently ?

Sourav Ganguly : It’s a bit difficult for me to say, because I am a bit far away from the dressing room. I really don’t know what exactly happens in the dressing room. But in the past, with due respect to the media, we have also faced such situations, where we have been surprised, where did this come from ? So, you got to understand that as well. I’m a firm believer that things should not be taken out of the dressing room, but things happen in life, you don’t have control of everything otherwise you will be absolutely perfect. Sometimes you got to deal with it & move on in life.

Kunal : Last question from Vishnu Prakash, If you get a chance to play one more International match for India, which format will it be – T20, Test or ODI ?

Sourav Ganguly : Test Cricket.

Kunal : You never spoke out against anybody inspite of people talking different things about you, do you not get angry ? How do you manage all this ?

Sourav Ganguly : I don’t need to do that. I am a firm believer that as a cricketer, you have got to answer with the ball or a bat or in the field. And I look to do that. If your mouth does all the talking, then I don’t think it’s a big thing.

Kunal : How excited are you PWI doing well this year in IPL 5 ?

Sourav Ganguly : Very excited, we need to play a certain brand of cricket and hopefully we can do well.

Kunal : Something to the fans exclusively to SCGanguly.com..

Sourav Ganguly : Well I hope you read the website, I am sure you do. We have got some absolutely exciting people who are so keen in doing the right things. I hope they get the right news, the right message to all of you. And I hope you keep supporting them.

Kunal : Thank you so much Dada
http://scganguly.com/2012/04/sourav-...ive-interview/
Old April 4, 2012, 04:07 AM
Banned

looks like it would be some1 between luke or tamim. If both play Luke might have to come 1 down

hopefully tamim WILL get a game and im pretty sure about that. He is in top notch and in better batting form than anyone in the PWI squad
Old April 4, 2012, 04:18 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
looks like it would be some1 between luke or tamim. If both play Luke might have to come 1 down

hopefully tamim WILL get a game and im pretty sure about that. He is in top notch and in better batting form than anyone in the PWI squad
Luke will not come one down, Ganguly will. They also got Manish Pandey. If Luke does not open he will play somewhere lower down..
Old April 4, 2012, 08:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Marlon Samuels wasn't picked for the Test matches. So it looks like he'll be available for the whole IPL. It should make the competition even more interesting.
Old April 4, 2012, 09:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

Tamim is listed as Indian angles rather a foreign player. They have 11 foreign players without Tamim.
PUNE WARRIOR LINE-UP:

Indian Angle: Sourav Ganguly (Capt.), Eklavya Dwivedi (wk), Mahesh Rawat (wk), Manish Pandey, Dheeraj Jadhav, Harshad Khadiwale, Robin Uthappa, Tamim Iqbal, Murali Kartik, Ashish Nehra, Rahul Sharma, Mithun Manhas, Mohnish Mishra, Harpreet Singh, Anustup Majumdar, Krishnakant Upadhyay, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kamran Khan, Ali Murtaza, Sachin Rana, Shrikant Wagh.

Foreign Players: Michael Clarke, Graeme Smith, Jesse Ryder, Callum Ferguson, Angelo Mathews, Marlon Samuels, Luke Wright, Raiphi Gomez, Wayne Parnell, Alfonso Thomas, Steven Smith.

Support Staff: Allan Donald (Bowling Coach), Sourav Ganguly (Mentor), Paddy Upton (High Performance Coach), Praveen Amre (Batting Coach), Dale Naylord ( Physiotherapist), Hadyn Leeman (Asst Physio ), Amit Shah (Masseur), Raghunath Basak (Asst Masseur), Deep Dasgupta - (Cricket Operations).

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/12487813.cms
Old April 4, 2012, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Even Times of India wishes Tamim was Indian
Old April 4, 2012, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

What is an Indian angle?

heh heh - Obtuse Angle