facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 23, 2009, 06:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I hope he won't turn out to be all talk.
they all turn out to be that way. don't get your hopes up.

Old September 23, 2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Kamal's interview from Prothom-Alo - http://www.prothom-alo.com/newsite1/...9-24/news/7325

I like the goals he set to popularize cricket at domestic levels. I hope he won't turn out to be all talk.
তিনটি বিষয় আমার কাছে জরুরি মনে হচ্ছে। এক, আমাদের যে টিম আছে তার সঠিক ব্যবস্থাপনা। প্রয়োজনীয় অনুশীলন, অনুশীলনের জন্য সব সুযোগ-সুবিধা দেওয়া। সব পর্যায়ে কোচ, ফিজিওর ব্যবস্থা করা। দুই, কিছু ‘গিমিক’ দরকার। যেমন বড় বড় কোনো টুর্নামেন্ট আয়োজন করে আমাদের সাংগঠনিক দক্ষতা দেখানো। তিন, ক্রিকেটকে জনপ্রিয় করতে একেবারে তৃণমূলে যাওয়া। আমি তো চাই, ক্রিকেট একবারে থানায় থানায় শেকড় গেড়ে বসুক। আমাদের শত শত কোচ তৈরি করতে হবে। আমরা যেন ওসমান খান, রামচাঁদ গোয়ালা বা এ রকম আরও (অনেকের নাম মনে পড়ছে না) নিবেদিত কোচ তৈরি করতে পারি। আমি চাইব, ক্রিকেট উন্নয়নে প্রাইভেট সেক্টরও এগিয়ে আসুক। ক্রিকেটকে পাঠ্যপুস্তকে আনতে হবে।

He sounds full of spirits...
Old September 23, 2009, 10:18 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, Tamim better watch out, BCB is now very much taken over by Abahani officials
Old September 23, 2009, 11:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
BTW, Tamim better watch out, BCB is now very much taken over by Abahani officials
The way he is progressing and the way he is playing right now in the national team, he shouldn't have to worry about his inclusion as long as he continue to do so.

And I hope lotus kamal knows that now his role is much bigger than a specific club president.
Old September 23, 2009, 11:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
The way he is progressing and the way he is playing right now in the national team, he shouldn't have to worry about his inclusion as long as he continue to do so.

And I hope lotus kamal knows that now his role is much bigger than a specific club president.
I would like to see him officially dissociate himself from all club level connections - and this should go for all the remaining BCB directors and staff.
Old September 24, 2009, 01:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunaid
i would like to see him officially dissociate himself from all club level connections - and this should go for all the remaining bcb directors and staff.
গাছে কাঠাল আর গোফে তেল।
আবাহনীর ভক্ত হয়ে যান।
Old September 24, 2009, 02:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib.Ash.Mash.Shahriar

Let's hope Kamal can do a good job and make some good preparations for the 2011 World Cup..
Old September 24, 2009, 06:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

I accept what Fazal bhai is saying, the Pak experience shows that army men aren't always the best cricket administrators.

But, let's not forget Jamali was a retired army chap whereas lotus is not a retired parliamentarian.

Also, very few people with the sort of business experience you are talking about were in the running for this job. From what I can see they were all politicians with various degrees of cricket knowledge but no cricket playing experience.

Let's face it, many of our recent administrators (many of them ex-players) have been inept at best. Kamal might be better, but to a novice like me it looks more like the AL ensuring one of their guys is in charge of the biggest sporting burget in the country, possibly to exercise patronage and fill his own coffers and that of the party.
Old September 24, 2009, 06:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

I m hopeless (Shh...then he might bring good for the team..)..
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old September 24, 2009, 06:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
I accept what Fazal bhai is saying, the Pak experience shows that army men aren't always the best cricket administrators.

But, let's not forget Jamali was a retired army chap whereas lotus is not a retired parliamentarian.

Also, very few people with the sort of business experience you are talking about were in the running for this job. From what I can see they were all politicians with various degrees of cricket knowledge but no cricket playing experience.

Let's face it, many of our recent administrators (many of them ex-players) have been inept at best. Kamal might be better, but to a novice like me it looks more like the AL ensuring one of their guys is in charge of the biggest sporting burget in the country, possibly to exercise patronage and fill his own coffers and that of the party.
jamali is not retired. He is still working in army.
Old September 24, 2009, 07:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd-omi
jamali is not retired. He is still working in army.
Ah, I see. I take that back then (though my other related comments stand)...
Old September 24, 2009, 08:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I would like to see him officially dissociate himself from all club level connections - and this should go for all the remaining BCB directors and staff.
I also hope so, to avoid "conflict of interest".
Old September 24, 2009, 08:49 AM
Cricket Sage

abu
Few things you need to consider.

1. Reality and Past History: Good or Bad, traditionally the BCB Chairman is selected by the current govenment and from their own loyal party men. That doen't mean its always bad. Saber was selected and it worked fine. Others have debatable records. There is a positive also in envolving ruling partry. It gets more help and cooperation from the government. In my opinion, Koko's involvement, really helped our player developent. the players we see now in the national team, some of them come from the program where Koko played a very significant role in the background. btw that doesn't mean I like that guy, or I am saying he is a honest or nice guy. But we shouldn't ignore his contribution in cricket during that time.

2. How Jamai was selected and his Record: Jamali was also a political selection (selected by Army during 1-11 era). No different than the others. I haven't seen any past cricket related experience or Management skills outside his Army experience. And during his tenure I haven't seen anything signifincat change or really bold decisions that tells me he was better adminsitrator than his past collegues. The ICL debacle happend under his belt, and its not all players faults. BCB have to take some responsibility for that. Under his leadership, they took too long to fill up the (head) coach position. The u-19, team-a, and other development activities were mostly hibernating and ignored under his leadership (except last few months). I believe they fumbled handling the marketing contract under his leasdership also.

3. The current Selection: Reading Lotus Kamal's resume (in the newspaper), I have better feeling than what I used to have. I thought he was purely a politician Businesman, not relaizing that he is indeed educated in a very respectable field (Chartered Accountnt) and established his bussiness first and then joined Politics. Plus looks like he spent significant money (instead of stealing money from cricket) in this sports as a club promoter and a fan of this sports. At least he has some connettion with cricket. Plus his CA background can help providing more transparency in the financial side of BCB and make it hard stealing money or unnecessary spending.

4. Good or Bad selection: Now I don't know what is his real motive is. And also I heard few "not so good" things about his business practice (which is not uncommon for almost all sucessfull high profile businessman in Bangladesh). So I am in a "wait and see" kind of mode, before giving him unconditional support. He need to produce first. But if you ask me, I would rather have "Lotus Kamal" than "Amu" or "Tofail" for exmaple as a BCB chair. So I am kind of happy that atleast they didn't selected a career politician with no connetion with the sports or managemt experience.

5. My Take: So my take is, it cannot be any worse than, puppet President like Jamali, when his only criteria was he was from Army.

Last edited by Fazal; September 24, 2009 at 09:18 AM..
Old September 24, 2009, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

the current board has people with cricket background and also there are some (e.g., ex footballer-politician) people who are now with cricket only because money is there (similar to BCCI, Modi will be president within 10 years). already non-cricket people are getting stronger in BCB and if the new president will go with them then we are done.
Old September 24, 2009, 09:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Honestly I don’t see any thing wrong about this appointment. If anyone wants to blame this appointment, first they have to blame the selection process and BCB manifesto. According to the BCB manifesto, president position is selected, not elected. Since this is a selected position, running government will always choose a political person for this position (same as an army led government always choose an army person).

May be I am wrong, I think only football federation elect their boss and top position is a selected position for rest of the sports federation. I always believe that an elected person is better than a selected one (may be there are some exception). If BCB follow BFF, may be one day we could see Akram or Bulbul in the top BCB position. Since this is not the case for now, we have to rely on elected person.

I think Lotas Kamal is not a bad choice either as a selected person. It is proven that he has real passion about cricket. I love to think that he would go beyond the politics and run BCB efficiently. Good luck for him.
Old September 24, 2009, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Fazal put it nicely and with logic... and either way you look at it... Jamali was the most inefficient, clueless, dumb@#$ of all recent board chairman. Lobi/Koko, as much as we dont like their politics, was the catalyst of "Game Development", "Age based Groups" etc. If you consider him as the Lowest Common Denominator, I dont see how Lotus Kamal can possibly do a bad job.. I mean you really have to re-appoint Durjoy/Akram as captains to get to that level.. I am just glad that he has the background and has a genuine interest in the game. His recent comment about the ICC tournament ( http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2009/09/25/news0968.htm ) gives me hope that he will use his knowledge of the game to guide him and not "Disipline","Chain of Command", "Commando Training"... like ideas. He is not the Mesiah, he maybe the influencer that we just need at the moment.
Old September 24, 2009, 05:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
In Bangladeshi culture, I don't think it's realistic to expect officials to disassociate themselves from clubs totally. However, Abahani officials should follow Mohammedan's example and give up active roles for their club, so that they can concentrate better on their BCB roles.
Old September 24, 2009, 07:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunaid
i would like to see him officially dissociate himself from all club level connections - and this should go for all the remaining bcb directors and staff.
মনে করিয়ে দিলো প্রঃ ডঃ ইয়াজউদ্দিন আহমেদের তত্ত্বাবধায়ক সরকারের একজন উপদেষ্টার সেই বিখ্যাত উক্তিঃ

"টানেলের শেষ মাথায় আলো দেখা যাচ্ছে"

সেই আলো কখনই এসে পৌছায় নাই। এখানেও কি তদ্রুপ এক আলোর সন্ধানী আমাদের জুনায়েদ ভাই?
Old September 24, 2009, 07:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Tunnel er shesh mathay alo chilo thikii.... unfortunately sheta chilo Express Rail Garir alo!!
Old September 24, 2009, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Efforts, if present, should be welcome. We can think about whether the plan is partially or fully implemented - once the efort is made. After a long and long raping of our country/economy..etc. the word 'effort' was even forgotten. And if we have hope stil now, I understand that we can do it. Otherwise, there's no point in coming back to see who's gonna head BCB or whether there is light at all at the end of the tunnel.
Old September 25, 2009, 12:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

New BCB president Mustafa Kamal-ke janai praandhala abhinandon ebong shosroddho salaam!
Old September 25, 2009, 06:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Tunnel er shesh mathay alo chilo thikii.... unfortunately sheta chilo Express Rail Garir alo!!
Well said.

BTW new president is an FCA. He has an excellent academic background. Good to know that. I hope he will play his part as finance expert.

Source: Prothom Alo
Old September 25, 2009, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Fazal mamu rocks.
Wishing Bangladesh cricket all the best under the new leadership.