facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2010, 09:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

sabbir is amazing. i am fully impressed with him. he just got his debut in Fc and already secured century and half century and he was very consistent in under 19 matches.

Old March 6, 2010, 10:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

our leg-spinning all rounders are not yet ready. shabbir is very promising, in fact he is a very promising player. noor hossain also very early in his career. not sure how much alok is repaired since his ICL days. so shuvo is the choice now.

in fact shuvo is a better bowler than his 3rd odi perormance. i think he is concentrating more on his batting these days and that is affecting his bowling.
Old March 8, 2010, 02:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Shuvo has to be more attacking if he wants to be considered for the Test team. Bowling outside the offstump may get you wickets in NCL, but you can't expect the same in a Test match.
Old March 8, 2010, 02:47 PM
BC Editorial Team

Did not see anything special about Shubho's bowling. I still think Saqlain Sajib is better!
Old March 8, 2010, 03:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Young spinners takes some time to show what they can give, specially for all-rounder mold multipurpose players.

He bowled slightly better in 2nd ODI than his first ODI. That gives me some hope that we will get better when he plays few more OIDs.

Now that they gave hime a chance over others, It would be a crime to drop him now
from next few ODI series.
Old March 8, 2010, 04:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

No way we should drop shuvo..this is the perfect time for him as he deserves a call up and also england batsmen are suspect against spin..hence he should play..it will take time though..cant dule out a player so early..to me he really darts in his delivieries which is good but i think he has 2 slow up his deliveries a bit 2 get the wickets..ncl and international cricket are 2 different beasts.with time though he will improve..sajib honestly would not do much better..again its hard 2 tell but its not easy 2 come straight away and just start dominating..they need 2 get their feet wet before they start performing..i think we need shuvo 2 also play tests and see what he can offer in that game since his success came from mainly FC matches..
Old March 8, 2010, 04:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Mohammod Shuvo is another Naeem, Riyad type of player that the local domistic level seems to produce on a yearly basis. In the few overs that I have seen him bowl, I have not seen anything special in his bowling. His action reminds me of Paul Harris. Like his, Shuvo's non-bowling arm plays no role in the ball delivery. He doesn't rely on turning the ball but succeeds at maintaining a tight line and length most of the time. This restrictive bowling is naturally suited for the shorter version so, I doubt he will be in contention as bowler for a test spot any time soon. As a batsman, I rate him below Naeem and Riyad.

I think he has much to prove at the FC level before getting another call up at the international level.
Old March 8, 2010, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer

I think he has much to prove at the FC level before getting another call up at the international level.
Oh really ? Shuvo has 148 wickets to his name in just 30 FC matches at a SR of 47 and a bowling average of 20.

IMO shuvo is better suited in Test matches than ODI's. This guy has performed in the FC league consistently for a while now and it would be unfair to ignore his efforts. I think we should play him in this test series, we should then get a good idea of what his bowling style really is like.
Old March 8, 2010, 05:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
Mohammod Shuvo is another Naeem, Riyad type of player that the local domistic level seems to produce on a yearly basis. In the few overs that I have seen him bowl, I have not seen anything special in his bowling. His action reminds me of Paul Harris. Like his, Shuvo's non-bowling arm plays no role in the ball delivery. He doesn't rely on turning the ball but succeeds at maintaining a tight line and length most of the time. This restrictive bowling is naturally suited for the shorter version so, I doubt he will be in contention as bowler for a test spot any time soon. As a batsman, I rate him below Naeem and Riyad.

riyad and naeem are actually decent players so that's actually kind of a compliment to shuvo. i think we should give shuvo the chances atm, until the youngsters shabbir, nur, shaker etc develop. saqlain can come into contention if shuvo isn't up to the mark. i don't know what else you expect him to prove at FC level? i haven't seen him bowl but certainly stats wise (with the ball) he's proved more than enough.
Old March 8, 2010, 06:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Shuvo has better first class stats than any of the bowlers in the national team. Some people here are just against Shuvo no matter what. Let him play for few ODIs and Tests then judge him. Otherwise bias will prevail without justifying one's technique. This kid was selected in the national team, please let him play at least few matches to prove himself. We want to filter out the best bowlers, not my bowler.
Old March 8, 2010, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yorker
Shuvo has better first class stats than any of the bowlers in the national team. Some people here are just against Shuvo no matter what. Let him play for few ODIs and Tests then judge him. Otherwise bias will prevail without justifying one's technique. This kid was selected in the national team, please let him play at least few matches to prove himself. We want to filter out the best bowlers, not my bowler.
Now that he's been selected, it wouldn't hurt to have him travel with the team. He shouldn't play all games, maybe just a few here and there. It might be a good thing building up to the world cup. Many of our current performers were ordinary when they started.

Now Tests are different. I don't think we have a place for him there yet. He may have good FC stats, but I feel we have enough SLAs for there to be an opening for him at the moment.
Old March 8, 2010, 06:22 PM
BC Editorial Team

Istylish Cricketer - you have nailed it!
Old March 8, 2010, 06:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Now that he's been selected, it wouldn't hurt to have him travel with the team. He shouldn't play all games, maybe just a few here and there. It might be a good thing building up to the world cup. Many of our current performers were ordinary when they started.

Now Tests are different. I don't think we have a place for him there yet. He may have good FC stats, but I feel we have enough SLAs for there to be an opening for him at the moment.
there are lots of players who need to be around the team before the WC next year, this might be a bold call but someone like shabbir should be around the team and should be played in some of the t20s and then if he can handle that we can move forward with him.

as for tests, i don't think we'd be losing anything by giving shuvo ago, razzak and enamul haven't been very good in tests so it's not like we have performing SLA's (other than shakib).
Old March 9, 2010, 10:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
Oh really ? Shuvo has 148 wickets to his name in just 30 FC matches at a SR of 47 and a bowling average of 20.

IMO shuvo is better suited in Test matches than ODI's. This guy has performed in the FC league consistently for a while now and it would be unfair to ignore his efforts. I think we should play him in this test series, we should then get a good idea of what his bowling style really is like.
My apologies. I meant "A" level. Anyone in Bangladesh who bowls left arm orthodox bags a lot of wicket and that includes batsmen like Mehrab Junior. If he couldn't pick up more than a wicket in the two matches he played on spin friendly wickets of Bangladesh against batsmen who are known to be vulnerable against spinners, what chance does he have against better players of spin bowling? He fired the ball in and did not flight the ball. That type of restrictive bowling is best suited for ODI I think. Besides, there are 3-4 players (all rounders not necessarily with same ability) like him in the team already, why add another and compromise bowling strength and variety? If he's the best at that position then fine, otherwise let him tour and prove his worth against A teams of other countries. Clearly it doesn't take much to get Bangladeshi (FC batsmen) out. However, the selectors should give him another chance against weaker teams like Ireland and Zimbawae to boost his confidence and see if he can get anywhere close to his bowling average of 20.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; March 9, 2010 at 10:22 AM..
Old March 9, 2010, 02:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Did not see anything special about Shubho's bowling. I still think Saqlain Sajib is better!
Me too Choudhury sab. I don't find him suitable as a longer version bowler.
Old March 9, 2010, 04:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
there are lots of players who need to be around the team before the WC next year, this might be a bold call but someone like shabbir should be around the team and should be played in some of the t20s and then if he can handle that we can move forward with him.

as for tests, i don't think we'd be losing anything by giving shuvo ago, razzak and enamul haven't been very good in tests so it's not like we have performing SLA's (other than shakib).
shak, razzak and shuvo all have diferent actions and it wud have been nice to have their combination esp. cos shuvo is a much more effective bowler (at least in domestic) than enamul
Old March 9, 2010, 04:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Me too Choudhury sab. I don't find him suitable as a longer version bowler.
well it is all about the wickets, shuvo has been baggin wickets for a long time and saqlain only recently.
Old March 9, 2010, 04:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Shuvo and Faisal should have be in the team instead of enamul and aftab
Old March 9, 2010, 05:07 PM
Cricket Guru

If you look at NCL stats only, Shuvo looks much better than Shakib does! But if you look at academy/A-team stats only, even Mahmudullah looks better than Shuvo does!

Shuvo got to prove himself in the Academy/A-team matches before he should come in consideration for the Test team.
Old March 9, 2010, 05:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

We can't expect him to improve as a bowler by playing in the NCL. He has pretty much got out everything one can get from the NCL. It would be ideal if we could send him to play FC cricket somewhere else, like India or Sri Lanka along with playing for the "A" team and the Academy.
Old March 9, 2010, 05:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
We can't expect him to improve as a bowler by playing in the NCL. He has pretty much got out everything one can get from the NCL. It would be ideal if we could send him to play FC cricket somewhere else, like India or Sri Lanka along with playing for the "A" team and the Academy.
That statement is true for both Shuvo and Faisal - neither has anything left to prove in NCL, what they need now is to perform in A-team matches.
Old March 9, 2010, 06:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
If you look at NCL stats only, Shuvo looks much better than Shakib does! But if you look at academy/A-team stats only, even Mahmudullah looks better than Shuvo does!

Shuvo got to prove himself in the Academy/A-team matches before he should come in consideration for the Test team.
why do we not have any A-team tours planned at all?!
Old March 9, 2010, 06:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
why do we not have any A-team tours planned at all?!
Well, I have no plan for a tour, but I hope BCB do. They arranged two tours (home and away) each for A-team and academy team last summer. Last I heard, BCB is planning to arrange four FC matches against WI and SA A-teams and an one-day tri-series involving all three teams, sometime in April-May period.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

So I was checking Shuvo's FB Profile, this man has Killer Abs and has strong forearms ... (no homo)

He should try fast bowling

The entire BD cricket team needs to get on his diet and workout regime
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old May 15, 2010, 11:20 AM
Cricket Sage

^^ I think Rubel's is in decent shape in terms of our standard, but Shaiful needs a make over. He's like a stick.