facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 2, 2009, 10:21 AM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,489
Default Shuvo

Hi Guys

I was wondering what the latest news is on Shuvo and when you guys think he will break into the first team. He looks a bright talent and it's only a matter of time before he breaks into the team. Maybe against England perhaps?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old November 2, 2009, 10:27 AM
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,636

If his is Shuhrawardi Shuvo, then he is performing Holy Hajj this month, his inclusion in the team depends on his performance.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 2, 2009, 10:44 AM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Are u talking abt Suhrowardi shuvo or Shamsur Rahman Shuvo....The latter failed to impress Siddons...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old November 2, 2009, 11:01 AM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,489

I'm talking about Suhrawadi Shuvo.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old November 2, 2009, 03:49 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

I've been hearing good things about Suhrawadi Shuvo for a long time but he just doesn't make the cut I guess. Razzak's consistent good performances will also be bad for Shuvo.
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old November 2, 2009, 03:58 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,568

with razzak coming back to form i'd say shuvo is competeing with riyad and naeem for a spot, so he might want to work on his batting a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 3, 2009, 12:45 AM
Imteaz's Avatar
Imteaz Imteaz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 5, 2006
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn
Posts: 2,481

Is it Suhrowardi Shuvo? Ohhhhhhhh......... I thought it's ......
__________________
Cricket is the Passion

Last edited by Imteaz; November 3, 2009 at 12:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 3, 2009, 05:22 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
with razzak coming back to form i'd say shuvo is competeing with riyad and naeem for a spot, so he might want to work on his batting a bit.
Yes Suhrawardy needs to improve batting to compete Riyad/Naeem.He will give some pressure on other SLA'S to perform thats good to see.Though i like to play with Him instead of Enamul.
In case of test i think Suhrawardys rating should be just after Shakib over rajjak and Enam.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old November 3, 2009, 06:13 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,568

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Yes Suhrawardy needs to improve batting to compete Riyad/Naeem.He will give some pressure on other SLA'S to perform thats good to see.Though i like to play with Him instead of Enamul.
In case of test i think Suhrawardys rating should be just after Shakib over rajjak and Enam.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
yeah i'd probably play him ahead of enamul but enamul only gets into the team when the line-up only has one pacer and that won't happen very often so not many opportunities in that. razzak and test matches is an interesting one though, i haven't seen any of this series but from what i here razzak has better turn now and is getting more drift and other variations so he might become a better test bowler. at worst i'd have shuvo as the #3 spinner in all formats, shakib is obviously ahead and razzak might be if he really is getting better turn and drift but i think only these 2 should be ahead of shuvo atm.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 3, 2009, 09:30 AM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,489

Yeah I agree with some of the comments. Enamul's form has been good so far so it will be difficult to bring him in at the moment. I think if Bangladesh play with one fast bowler then he has a good chance if Enamul's form is poor. If Bangladesh play with 2 fast bowlers then it would have to be one from either Mahmudullah or Naeem. The other possibility is if they get rid of Junaid Siddique and rearrange the batting order and then bring Shuvo in. I would like to see Shuvo have a good NCL test and odi series and maybe another academy tour against someone. If he's got the most wickets then surely it would be a matter of time before they bring him in, hopefully against England.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old November 3, 2009, 10:20 AM
fais fais is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: UK
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 1,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
yeah i'd probably play him ahead of enamul but enamul only gets into the team when the line-up only has one pacer and that won't happen very often so not many opportunities in that. razzak and test matches is an interesting one though, i haven't seen any of this series but from what i here razzak has better turn now and is getting more drift and other variations so he might become a better test bowler. at worst i'd have shuvo as the #3 spinner in all formats, shakib is obviously ahead and razzak might be if he really is getting better turn and drift but i think only these 2 should be ahead of shuvo atm.
i am of the opinion that naeem is a bettter allrounder than riyad and we shud play shuvo as a replacement for riyad.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old November 3, 2009, 03:37 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,568

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
i am of the opinion that naeem is a bettter allrounder than riyad and we shud play shuvo as a replacement for riyad.
i think they're pretty even atm. someone provided their ODI stats for this year and they're very similar, riyad has had more opportunities in tests and that resulted in him having some good performances in the tests in WI which i think sticks in peoples mind whereas naeem didn't have that. i get the feeling riyad is slightly more reliable with the bat, possibly has more variations with the ball atm. i think naeem has more potential but atm they probably should keep the more reliable one.

but if shuvo works a bit on his batting then they don't have to play either of riyad or naeem, for me the main reason they're in the team is because they make up the 5th bowler, shuvo can pretty much guarantee 10 overs every match with the ball so if he gets his batting good enough then that could open up another spot on the team.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old November 4, 2009, 10:59 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,371

i still fancy mosharraf hossain rubel over razzak, enamul and shuvo.

anyway razzak and enamul is doing OK to keep shuvo out and rubel is still has that ICL suspension.

anyway bowling wise i donth think shuvo should replace either razzak or enamul, but if he improve his batting he may get a allrounder spot replacing naeem or riad
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old November 4, 2009, 02:45 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,762

When they select him, I hope they have defined role for him in mind and I hope they use him accordingly and give him enough chance to shine or fade.

For example, if they see him as a bowling all rounder, then they need to use him more than few overs here and few overs there and on the fly expect him to give them runs at #8 slot. Thats the worst thing they can do to a young players.
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old November 4, 2009, 03:32 PM
fais fais is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: UK
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 1,200

what they need to do is bring him in for the next series w/ the plan to play him instead of naeem or riyad
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old November 4, 2009, 03:43 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 8,003

I highly doubt Shuvo will get any chance anytime soon. Next we are playing India and Sri Lanka, against whom three SLA attack won't be wise. So, someone from Razzak and Enamul will have to be benched in favor of a pacer.

After that we are going to NZ where it won't be wise either to have an SLA heavy attack.

After that we are playing England at home where I assume we will revert to three SLA attack. But I don't see why Shuvo should be picked ahead of Razzak or Enamul. He may be in the squad by then as a back up spinner, but then again don't forget about Mosharraf Hossain.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old November 8, 2009, 04:13 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,578

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
what they need to do is bring him in for the next series w/ the plan to play him instead of naeem or riyad
We dont need a full batsman in the team at no 8 its the position of an all rounder so i think its better to drop one of them probably Mahmudullah and add Suhrawardy there as he can bat as well.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old November 8, 2009, 04:24 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i think they're pretty even atm. someone provided their ODI stats for this year and they're very similar, riyad has had more opportunities in tests and that resulted in him having some good performances in the tests in WI which i think sticks in peoples mind whereas naeem didn't have that. i get the feeling riyad is slightly more reliable with the bat, possibly has more variations with the ball atm. i think naeem has more potential but atm they probably should keep the more reliable one.

but if shuvo works a bit on his batting then they don't have to play either of riyad or naeem, for me the main reason they're in the team is because they make up the 5th bowler, shuvo can pretty much guarantee 10 overs every match with the ball so if he gets his batting good enough then that could open up another spot on the team.
I do agree with u GOWZA its better to play Shuvo as 5th bowler rather than those 2 offi.In that case we will get a good 5th bowler and we can take a good batsman there.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old November 8, 2009, 05:23 AM
fais fais is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: UK
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 1,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
We dont need a full batsman in the team at no 8 its the position of an all rounder so i think its better to drop one of them probably Mahmudullah and add Suhrawardy there as he can bat as well.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
i wud completely agree w/ u
from wat i have seen of naeem in the past yr or so - he is just as good or a better batsman than riyad and if he comes in at the death then he can hit boundaries quite well. Shuvo is a better spinner than either of them and a decent batsman so we shud rlly consider this option
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old November 8, 2009, 09:58 AM
Catskills Catskills is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 10, 2009
Posts: 438

My gut feeling is that, for some unknown reasons Shuhrawardi Shuvo will not likely to get a chance to be included in the national team under the current selectors. Our selectors always have bizarre excuses when including/excluding players. It's not if Shuvo is better or worse than Razzak or Enamul or who should be dropped in order to give him a room, it is something else. Let me say why. If the argument of including a player is about who is better, then Shuvo should have been selected and tested to play in the main XI when Razzak was banned for a while or injured. In the domestic arena, Shuvo has done better than Enamul, so how come Shuvo didn't get a chance ahead of Enamul or alongside of Enamul. The answer to this question would come either hypocritical or a bizarre excuse from our beloved selectors.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old November 8, 2009, 10:05 AM
bangla-red's Avatar
bangla-red bangla-red is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 3, 2008
Location: London, England
Favorite Player: Tamim 'The Beast' Iqbal
Posts: 4,034

TBF, Enamul has done very well.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old November 8, 2009, 10:31 AM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskills
My gut feeling is that, for some unknown reasons Shuhrawardi Shuvo will not likely to get a chance to be included in the national team under the current selectors. Our selectors always have bizarre excuses when including/excluding players. It's not if Shuvo is better or worse than Razzak or Enamul or who should be dropped in order to give him a room, it is something else. Let me say why. If the argument of including a player is about who is better, then Shuvo should have been selected and tested to play in the main XI when Razzak was banned for a while or injured. In the domestic arena, Shuvo has done better than Enamul, so how come Shuvo didn't get a chance ahead of Enamul or alongside of Enamul. The answer to this question would come either hypocritical or a bizarre excuse from our beloved selectors.
Perhaps they're finally giving a player 'time' in an attempt to ready them for international cricket. Shuvo is going to be a big player...I think the selectors can see that, and maybe aren't quite ready to send him in yet.
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old November 8, 2009, 10:35 AM
fais fais is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: UK
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 1,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Perhaps they're finally giving a player 'time' in an attempt to ready them for international cricket. Shuvo is going to be a big player...I think the selectors can see that, and maybe aren't quite ready to send him in yet.
i am glad somebody feels that way because i rlly dont think thats true
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old November 9, 2009, 09:00 AM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,489

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Perhaps they're finally giving a player 'time' in an attempt to ready them for international cricket. Shuvo is going to be a big player...I think the selectors can see that, and maybe aren't quite ready to send him in yet.
I get that impression as well. I think a few years ago a player like him would have been in the first team by now. They would have put him in while he was a teenager. I think now it's changed a little. Our national team is taking shape and places are becoming more competitive. Also the fact that we already have 2 left arm spin bowlers, plus allrounders who bowl spin and the recent good form of enamul haque when we decide to play 3 spin bowlers. It seems it will be a while before they bring Shuvo in. It's nice to see that they're grooming him and getting him prepared better for the national team. I can see him competing with Enamul for a place, but I can't see him dislodging Razzak or Hasan. I don't want him to be in the team as an allrounder and compete with Naeem or Riyad for a place. As all though he can bat a bit, his primary role is a bowler. I think he only play when we have a 3 spin attack and 1 fast bowler.

It's good to see him get games for the academy and more games in the NCL it will better prepare him for international cricket. Rather than quickly hushed into the national team and getting smacked all over the park, that would knock his confidence down.

Last edited by Tiger Manc; November 9, 2009 at 09:12 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old February 28, 2010, 12:23 PM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,489

I'm gutted he didn't play today, but I think he will start the 2nd ODI. We need him to create some pressure by being economical in the middle overs. I hope he replaces Junaid.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket