facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 14, 2009, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Default Each and Everything about Jamie Siddons thread

I always feel that we should hava a thread about James Darren Siddons.As we dont have an official thread i am starting an unofficial Each and Everything about Jamie Siddons thread.hope we will have a fruitfull discussion.

Jamie Siddons represented Australia only once at international level - he made 32 in a one-day match at Lahore in 1988 - but his involvement with the national team increased substantially since his retirement. Siddons was an assistant coach of the Australian team after being appointed as a senior coach at the Centre of Excellence before the 2005 Ashes. Prior to his promotions, Siddons spent four years as the South Australia assistant under the tutelage of Wayne Phillips and Greg Chappell. The swift rise through the management ranks was set up by a career as one of the greatest domestic players never to win a Test cap.

Siddons' first-class statistics were outstanding and when he retired in 1999-2000 he had amassed 10,643 Sheffield Shield/Pura Cup runs, which was then a record. The mantle has since been passed to his former team-mate Darren Lehmann, but Siddons retains third position on the list behind Jamie Cox. He was desperately unlucky not to win a Test call and the closest he came was on the 1988 tour to Pakistan when he suffered a severe stomach bug - he took more than a year to recover. A fractured cheekbone caused by a Merv Hughes bouncer in 1991-92 also severely dented his confidence. "It ruined my chances of playing for Australia," Siddons said in Merv: The Full Story, "and it was my worst moment in sport."

Beginning his career in Victoria, Siddons made his debut in 1984-85 against West Indies, who were then at the peak of their powers, and he scored 35 before falling to a young Courtney Walsh. He was instrumental in securing the Sheffield Shield title in 1990-91, smashing an unbeaten 124 in the final against New South Wales at the MCG, and the following season relocated to South Australia. Showing he had recovered from the Hughes injury, he was the Sheffield Shield Player of the Year in 1992-93 after plundering 1190 runs at 66.11, including four centuries. The move also allowed Siddons to embrace a leadership role and he captained them to a Shield win in 1995-96. He led South Australia in 73 first-class matches, winning 21 times and drawing 23 games. An exciting player, Siddons possessed an array of aggressive strokes that allowed him to dominate bowling attacks. His exuberance sometimes brought about his downfall, but he was a well-rounded batsman who was at ease to pace and spin. He scored three double-centuries during his stint with Victoria, including a career-high 245 for Victoria against New South Wales in 1990-91, and the closest he got to a double at South Australia was 197 against New South Wales in Sydney in 1992-93. An outstanding fielder at slip and on the offside, Siddons still has the record for the most catches in domestic first-class history with 189, the same number as John Inverarity. He was superb in the covers, but injury meant he spent most of his latter years in the cordon, and Lehmann reckoned he saw him drop only one catch. Siddons was also a talented Australian rules footballer who played two VFL games for Sydney in 1984, shortly before his first-class cricket career began. Just like his switch to South Australia in the early 1990s, Siddons' move into the coaching ranks has been smooth. He enjoyed a hands-on role with the Centre of Excellence and Australian international teams, which was something that eluded him during his playing days. And then in October 2007 he accepted an offer to coach Bangladesh after initially turning down the job because his terms and conditions did not match those of the Bangladesh board.
source http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/co...ayer/7612.html
Old December 14, 2009, 08:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

One thing I know, if you achieve the label of a rebel you would lose your level to Sid.
Old December 14, 2009, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Some links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Siddons
http://connect.in.com/jamie-siddons/profile-131843.html

Last edited by M.H.Rubel; December 14, 2009 at 08:53 AM..
Old December 14, 2009, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Jamie's career:http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...1893/1893.html
Old December 14, 2009, 09:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

Pic of JS:

1. after signing his first contract with BCB in 2007

2. watching the heroics of WC 2007 at BCB office

3. at some press conference

4.after pitch inspection at SBNS

5. now made up your own caption ..hhs

Old December 14, 2009, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
5. now made up your own caption ..hhs

Siddons: Chule to bhaloi tel diso Motin Miah, kun brand-er tel?

Ashraful: Are Dhola Miah, Dholaland thika aicho, thura jirao, bichram neo...shob koimu ne ahiste ahiste.

Majhkaner Dariwala Bhai: Aha, kotodin beler shorbot khai na..
Old December 14, 2009, 12:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I like the thread. Good step by Rubel.
Old December 14, 2009, 12:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Few positive things he tried to bring in.

1) Granite slab practive before the NZ tour. That gave us the record of opening stand partnership in test. I think they need to have this type of practice all year long.

2) Adding shots to our batsmen. Teaching Ash how to cut. Believe me he didn't know this before. After learning that delicate cut shot Ash implies it every now and then. Anyone remember Ireland T20 game? Then against Pak?

3) We got a slip catcher now. Never had one before.

4) We got a grafter in our lineup. Rok. All this time BD had, strokemaker openers, followed by blind hitter, then strokemakers. Thus 55/5 if lucky.

5) Roles of players. It is very important for the players to know on what their task is.
Old December 14, 2009, 12:48 PM
Cricket Sage

basically bhalo...

tobe majhe Majhe shagol shagol bhab dekhai...
Old December 14, 2009, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Siddons valo coach tobe maje maje abol-tabol bole Sidr jhor tular habit change korte hobe

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 14, 2009, 08:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Few positive things he tried to bring in.

1) Granite slab practive before the NZ tour. That gave us the record of opening stand partnership in test. I think they need to have this type of practice all year long.

2) Adding shots to our batsmen. Teaching Ash how to cut. Believe me he didn't know this before. After learning that delicate cut shot Ash implies it every now and then. Anyone remember Ireland T20 game? Then against Pak?

3) We got a slip catcher now. Never had one before.

4) We got a grafter in our lineup. Rok. All this time BD had, strokemaker openers, followed by blind hitter, then strokemakers. Thus 55/5 if lucky.

5) Roles of players. It is very important for the players to know on what their task is.
Well said

Old December 14, 2009, 09:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I'll never like how he pushed back the development of Bangladesh Cricket ... I feel like he's a Secret Agent from CA maent to sabatoge our chances
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old December 14, 2009, 11:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

we have the best ODI all rounder in the World. nuff said.
Old December 14, 2009, 11:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
we have the best ODI all rounder in the World. nuff said.
Shakib Al Hasan is responsible for Shakib Al Hasan

The Man threw away his 1st 3 Series in Charge, Told everybody that were not good enough to play this level ... Only after the BCB was gonna give him the boot, he went from Mr. Negaitive to We're gonna try to win everygame.

He always used the same sorry excuse were 9th there 5th ... theres a big gap were gonna lose
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old December 14, 2009, 11:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Coach Siddons-ke janai salaam ebong avinondonbad!
Old December 14, 2009, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Siddons is a smart man. He knows how to balance everything to get on with the job.

As a coach, he is good. Has brought some positives in the team but could have been better also.
Old December 14, 2009, 11:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
I'll never like how he pushed back the development of Bangladesh Cricket ... I feel like he's a Secret Agent from CA maent to sabatoge our chances
Quote:

The Man threw away his 1st 3 Series in Charge, Told everybody that were not good enough to play this level ... Only after the BCB was gonna give him the boot, he went from Mr. Negaitive to We're gonna try to win everygame.

He always used the same sorry excuse were 9th there 5th ... theres a big gap were gonna lose
Totally agree with you.
Old December 14, 2009, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'll always appreciate how he pushed forward the development of Bangladesh Cricket...I feel like he's a Great Coach from CA maent to enhance our chances.
Old December 15, 2009, 12:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:

yes sakib al hasan is responsible for sakib al hasan. but you can't tell me the coach had no part in it. Sakib had to work for it, but siddons played a role in it. You ash/aftab fans are pissed off that's all. When he first came in, he had a lot of problem. that shouldn't be new. what did you expect him to just pick and run. but things are looking much better now. its not as bad as you are making it to be.
Old December 15, 2009, 12:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
coach siddons-ke janai salaam ebong avinondonbad!
আর সংগ্রামী লাল সালাম?
Old December 15, 2009, 04:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

We would have a better rate of improvement without him.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old December 15, 2009, 05:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
yes sakib al hasan is responsible for sakib al hasan. but you can't tell me the coach had no part in it. Sakib had to work for it, but siddons played a role in it. You ash/aftab fans are pissed off that's all. When he first came in, he had a lot of problem. that shouldn't be new. what did you expect him to just pick and run. but things are looking much better now. its not as bad as you are making it to be.
Before he came in Shakib averaged 51 with the Bat and 23 with the ball

We should have Hired the Australian Womens Team Cricket Coach
Old December 15, 2009, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

I like one thing of Siddons he is very intimate and friendly to all players.As a batting coach he is good.Already he have done good work.He is trying to improve basics of our player what i like most.

Old December 15, 2009, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I think JS is a good coach for BD. Also like his straight talking. To me he is better than DW as a BD coach.
Old December 15, 2009, 09:12 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Doesn't matter what, his success will be rated with the team's success in the World Cup 2011.